Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:29:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now PPC & TRC going to BTC-E, will they explode like LTC did?  (Read 5131 times)
TsuyokuNaritai (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:26:18 AM

Litecoin's value went up about 10x it's value in one day, just on the rumor (at that time) that an exchange was thinking about accepting it at some point in the future, but it's just in testing, and they're not sure when, we'll see after lots of more serious issues are taken care of.

BTC-E admin just officially announced it's definitely planning to carry PPCoin and Terracoin in the near future (so, probably before Gox gets LTC). PPCoin and Terracoin have previously only been carried on low-volume exchanges.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166010.msg1734474#msg1734474

I've checked, it's true. So have a few others.

Bear in mind PPCoin and Terracoin currently have much lower market caps than Litecoin. It will take far less to eat all the market. The same demand could raise the value far more than for a bigger currency.

http://dustcoin.com/mining

Are PPCoin and Terracoin about to get caught in mad speculative bubble frenzy?

(Disclosure: I just bought some  Grin)

mebezac

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:16:00 AM

At least from what I see, PPC is probably going to take off when it first hits BTC-E, depending on how soon it gets there. People I think are going a little crazy over the alts right now, and I'm not exactly sure how sustainable it is. I would love to see a few more cryptos outperforming the fiats.

BTC: 168d57nW72Y6DidPgE88iL7vYmpQD45dYK|LTC: LLPttXuFF2uTo2CWeEwXU5CwcUcgQ4NGd3
CryptoJunky

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 04:22:09 AM

If the cryptocurrency market as a whole continues to see an influx of new users then it's no surprise that some find their way to the lesser known coins. However, if there were a big shock to the market for some reason, I think the 'alts' would not be able to handle it as well as Bitcoin might.

romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:25:17 AM

LTC has real use. Other coins are just speculation. Yesterday I tried to build PPC client on osx, it's just painful, even I if bought some from exchange, I still have no safe place to keep them, let alone acceptance.
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 04:32:36 AM

LTC has real use. Other coins are just speculation. Yesterday I tried to build PPC client on osx, it's just painful, even I if bought some from exchange, I still have no safe place to keep them, let alone acceptance.

Mac build is not yet supported. But it will be in the future releases.

For now if you cannot fix the makefile yourself then maybe try running it in a linux/windows vm.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 06:08:30 AM

The return of "undead" Ixcoin is also very interesting.
It's now merge-mined at mmpool and has a decent difficulty / hashrate support against 51% attacks.
ASIC's only make it safe in future.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:00:58 AM

Hmmm, maybe an instawallet....

more or less retired.
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:17:30 AM

I think it's very reasonable to predict PPC will be the third coin in price and popularity right after BTC & LTC.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:24:46 AM

I think it's very reasonable to predict PPC will be the third coin in price and popularity right after BTC & LTC.

Maybe or TRC. TRC is much more scarce then PPC so it probably will have a higher price. BUT a smaller market cap. So you know- apples and oranges. Both are great coins and I'm thrilled to see them on BTC-E.

more or less retired.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:31:35 AM

Because we all know the price is going to skyrocket, I prefer to stay on the sidelines also because PPC has not proven to have fixed the vulnerabilities in the code base that were exposed a few months ago.

But have at it.  Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Vorbane

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:35:51 AM

There is very little information about PPcoin, even the website doesnt explain itself very well... Is PPcoin a 1 for 1 copy of bitcoins blockchain, whereas only 21 million will be available? What markets are there for PPcoin, other then the speculative markets?
samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:50:03 AM

Once PPCoin starts trading on BTCe the value will rocket.

There's a lot of money on BTCe these days.

PPCoin may well be number 3 on the list right now but I expect it's day will come and that day isn't too far off.
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 10:47:40 AM

Once PPCoin starts trading on BTCe the value will rocket.

There's a lot of money on BTCe these days.

PPCoin may well be number 3 on the list right now but I expect it's day will come and that day isn't too far off.

True.
spacegoat

We are connected. you are me I am you.

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:56:05 AM

hoL E SHIT 

I rode the LTC wave now I'm riding this one.  I'm stoked.  see yall in the troll box I am spaceduck there

p.s.  TRC will outdo PPC because there are far fewer

yeah baby yeah
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:52:18 PM

or it could be that, onced BTC-e support, people would dump them all, coz they are traded against BTC which can be done easily on vircurex or bitparking.

unlike being supported in Gox, where boat load of $ is waiting
spacegoat

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:11:43 PM

btc-e has a way larger capacity and way more money than bitparking or vircurex,

its going to be very goood for both ppc and trc. 

I would have been trading in both way sooner had they been featured on btc-e.  once people see the graph for trc even if its crashed they'll buy it back up.  it just doubled in the last few hours.  even if it crashes its going to bought back up cuz people are going to see the crash as the opportunity to buy low.  and there's so few of them.

tickle me elmo.  they were selling them for like 100,000 bucks dude.  don't ask me whhy.  because there were so few of them.  furby. 

don't ask me why this shit happens it just does.  once people see those crazy spikes and gains even if it crashes they gonna invest.  and its gonna be a shit show.

the litecoin frenzy brought too many faces to the btc-e table bringing money in to invest.  and the bubble popped and everyone is hungry to get a piece of some action.  at one point I was watching LTC skyrocketing and the site being crippled from amount of users. 

the same will happen with trc.. its dirt cheap... I still cant believe I made so much money from LTC

yeah baby yeah
spacegoat

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 01:13:37 PM

p.s. when will btc-e be adding the two?  anybody know? near future sounds like near future but when?  I'm going to contact btc-e admin

yeah baby yeah
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:25:54 PM

Where to buy PPC?

Delicieuxz

Activity: 237
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:27:08 PM

Where to buy PPC?

Here:
https://vircurex.com/welcome/index?referral_id=761-2393

samson
Legendary

Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:31:04 PM

p.s. when will btc-e be adding the two?  anybody know? near future sounds like near future but when?  I'm going to contact btc-e admin

Did you hear anything back from them ?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: