Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hillary vs Trump betting: what are the best sites?  (Read 4516 times)
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2016, 11:02:52 PM

So America is pretty messed up and there is actually a chance Hilary can still win.  December 19th the electorals will revote to confirm or have the ability to change their vote.  What happens if the president gets to be Hilary, what will betting sites do?
Nothing, since most people have probably already withdrawn their funds. Besides, I think most understand that the current standings are going to be what the market was based on.

Otherwise, the books would be at a huge loss. For one, they paid off people who bet on Trump. How could you possibly take those funds back, and then pay off the people who bet on Hillary?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:56:27 AM

well,told you so Smiley
I knew Trump was going to win since midsummer
and it was based on analysis not biased and corrupt media or polls
sadly for me I didn't put enough money on Trump's victory and only managed 0.5 ish win

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
veleten
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:20:57 AM

Yaaay! Trump wins! Cheesy

I think their might be some people who are happy about this for the wrong reasons... The odds was not really in his favour to take this. I

would have bet against him to take this election. I hope some of the people that bet against him, would also share their feelings with us. Wow,

this was very unexpected... He is sexist and racist, but the people still vote for him.  Roll Eyes
Well, because of that shaming, a hidden demographic of people didn't speak about their support. Then election day hit, and all the supporters went and voted. For Trump.

Alternatively, you could suppose that some Trump supporters were busy or wanted to hide the real polls and didn't vote on anything until the actual day - to hide the true numbers of the support. It's all up for grabs. I mean, think about what happened with Bernie Sanders - so many on the internet loved him, but then hardly any of the polls reflected that.

no,nothing of the kind
you are correct in terms of total and complete failure of polls and mass media and "analysts" to predict the results correctly
especially given such a landslide victory with >290 votes in favour of Trump
but I think that the main reason was not the hidden demographics or Trump supporters being busy and all
in my eyes its the corrupt media and establishment that lost to vox populi,remember the polls and predictions and debate results?
when you are neutral and a citizen of a different country,completely unbiased
and you watch the debates and find Trump 10 times more convinvcing and truthful
and then you read the US media and hear that Hillary won the debates and that the polls predict her to win with 90% chance and you speak to americans and their opinion is divided at least 50-50
you KNOW something is wrong
the so called square states,people who were not taken into account,who were thought to just swallow the lies once again and be the herd elites believed they were
despite all the efforts,despite the early votes in swing states(accidentally all in favor of Clinton) came and voiced their discontent with how the country has been run
maybe Trump won't be the best president,but I don't think he will be any worse than the previous disasters america had

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 04:48:37 PM

well,told you so Smiley
sadly for me I didn't put enough money on Trump's victory and only managed 0.5 ish win

Well if you look at the vote count, he didn't win. Hillary won by like 100,000 votes or so. Basically it was a hit or miss election. She just won the wrong regions to make a difference. Highly doubt there will be a revote. Need to wait 4 years for that.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:57:00 PM

well,told you so Smiley

Well if you look at the vote count, he didn't win. Hillary won by like 100,000 votes or so. Basically it was a hit or miss election. She just won the wrong regions to make a difference. Highly doubt there will be a revote. Need to wait 4 years for that.
Actually its very hard to try understanding US election the one who got more vote can also loss which is quite confusing  Grin
Hillary seem really unlucky despite of many have speculated her to be next president as well as many people want her to see as president she lost and also made many betters loss really big amount for small odd.
radiologist11

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:13:32 PM

No hard feelings I wanted to know can I win for example 50 of jackpot if you bet 0.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:18:11 PM

well,told you so Smiley

The nationwide vote count doesn't matter, it's just a talking point for the media. The national popular vote has meant nothing for 168 years. Our Founding Fathers — with amazing forethought — created the electoral college for a reason. They wanted the president to be elected by a wide spread of states — not just the highly populated cities, a.k.a the elites. Without the electoral college, candidates would only campaign in Philadelphia, New York and LA.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 09:53:58 PM

The nationwide vote count doesn't matter, it's just a talking point for the media. The national popular vote has meant nothing for 168 years. Our Founding Fathers — with amazing forethought — created the electoral college for a reason. They wanted the president to be elected by a wide spread of states — not just the highly populated cities, a.k.a the elites. Without the electoral college, candidates would only campaign in Philadelphia, New York and LA.

Sure. But then the electoral college reduces the voting power of those in larger states, and increases the voting power of those in smaller states. That's not necessarily fair.

But then here's the issue with giving small states a starting value: candidates can't satisfy all those small states for a minimal payoff in electoral votes. They still campaign mostly in the more populous states. Sorry to disappoint. Ohio, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia, etc. are visited.

Moreover, candidates would visit swing states more since states that are usually in their favor wouldn't matter as much (since 50.01% or 99.99% of the popular vote still gives you the same amount of electoral votes) - the problem with 51% attack.

And you think the presidential candidates would only campaign in the largest cities? Philadelphia, New York, and LA only add up to

New York City: 8,406,000 (2013)
Los Angeles: 3,884,000 (2013)
Philadelphia: 1,553,000 (2013)

= 13.843 million people.
The population of the USA at that point was 316.5 million. But, we need to take the population of eligible voters. Let's use the 2012 year.

235.248 million people.

Those cities make up 5.88% of the population. Do you seriously think that a presidential campaign would only worry about them?

Even if you campaign only in the top 50 cities (which is a LOT) that population still only adds up to 46,795,639. And if we consider the voting power to be ~2/3 of that population, you're left with 31.2 million which is about 12.5% of the total population that can vote. All the electoral college does is actually force candidates to visit swing states (so only a few states). The division is a sort of gerrymandering.

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 01:27:45 AM

Look the Electroal Votes won't change anything. He won by a huge margin and if any of those electorials vote against him there will be fines and reprecussions. Plus many of the electorial votes are for Trump and Not against him. I highly doubt people will vote the other way just because of some protests.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 01:38:00 AM

Look the Electroal Votes won't change anything. He won by a huge margin and if any of those electorials vote against him there will be fines and reprecussions. Plus many of the electorial votes are for Trump and Not against him. I highly doubt people will vote the other way just because of some protests.

Completely wrong, though. The electoral votes DID change things. Instead of America being based on the popular vote (which candidate had more of the population vote for them) it's based on the electoral college. If it were based on the popular vote, Clinton would have won. But she didn't, due to the US's system of giving all the electoral votes to a candidate when they win the popular vote in a state.

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:32:31 AM

Yeah, to say Clinton won the popular vote is as irrelevant as saying you won more overall tennis points despite losing the match three sets to two. Our founding fathers did the right thing to protect smaller states from being dominated by large population centers. They wanted the states to hold power and NOT the federal government, they didn't want majority/mob rule to dominate and possibly destroy the union. It makes states with huge populations, that vote a certain party not able to dominate and swing each election to their chosen party. Just think, look at California and New York and their respective state laws. Their population could swing every election and all of you would have to submit to their wants and needs, even though you live in a place where your wants and needs are completely different and they don't have any similarities at all.

Ultimately, it's a safeguard against pure democracy. It's part of the "minority rights" that are protected from "majority rule," I have been studying political science for about a year, it's genius.

veleten
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:23:31 PM

think we all can agree that the 2016 elections were the most controversial and unpredictable for at least 50 years
winning popular vote didn't help Gor and many other runners,so rules are rules
the most important thing though: Trump is not elected untill he gets the actual votes cast,there were two ocasions when college voted not how they were supposed to vote
given all the recent calexits and riots I would not cross any possibility out

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

think we all can agree that the 2016 elections were the most controversial and unpredictable for at least 50 years
winning popular vote didn't help Gor and many other runners,so rules are rules
the most important thing though: Trump is not elected untill he gets the actual votes cast,there were two ocasions when college voted not how they were supposed to vote
given all the recent calexits and riots I would not cross any possibility out

That and there was Gore who lost about a decade ago. He got the big numbers with the polls and everybody loved him, and last minute he ended up actually losing. But yes it was VERY controversial.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██