Bitcoin Forum
October 19, 2019, 09:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BeastMiner SCAM  (Read 931 times)
joziahdd

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 05:22:12 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2016, 05:39:25 AM by joziahdd

Don't, and I don't know why you'd even consider downloading software from an unknown/untrusted source. On the homepage of "beastminer", the first image of the "miner", it is obviously made in visual basic/studio. The background image is a google image. (http://i.imgur.com/fURk1Ig.jpg).
On the second part of the page, the "The Team" part, it lists the "4" main developers of "BeastMiner". (http://imgur.com/a/lGmNJ)

Google Search for "Nathan Wright": "Nathan Wright is an Australian rules footballer who currently plays with the St Kilda Football Club in the Australian Football League. Wright was St Kilda's first selection, number 24 overall, in the 2012 AFL Draft."
Picture: http://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/StKilda/Player%20Profiles/2016%20-%20Profiles/WRIGHT%20Nathan.png

Google Search for "Jake Williams":
Twitter: "https://twitter.com/MalwareJake" The name MalwareJake, isn't enough?
Again, the pictures don't match: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/766000812187389953/D45TJGcZ_400x400.jpg

Google Search for "Samantha Phillips": "Samantha "Sam" Phillips is an American actress, talk-show host, reality TV host, radio DJ, producer, and model. She had an early role in the 1988 action-horror film Phantasm II. Currently she is the host of a radio show called The Single Life."
Again, not unexpected, the pictures don't match up: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BODU1NzE3NTE5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzQ1MDEzMQ@@._V1_UY317_CR14,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
I actually searched google for the picture of "Samantha Phillips" ON BEASTMINER. Here's what I got: http://www.airportnet.org/author/paige-murray/ SCROLL DOWN TO SEE...
"Paige Murray".

And lastly, Google Search for "James Foster":
"James Savin Foster is an English cricketer: a wicket-keeper who played seven Tests and 11 One Day Internationals in 2001/02 and 2002/03. Foster played his club cricket at Ilford Cricket Club and then Wanstead & Snaresbrook Cricket Club"
And AGAIN, pictures don't match up.

Need I more proof that BeastMiner is a scam? They can't even give real names or developers of it  Grin Grin  

EDIT:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e16bf0233186a1cdf6ad97a32fa383936c4906ddf6bdf998a98295c23f24469a/analysis/1478064868/
Detection Ratio 11/66. Enough for me. I will be unbinding the virus from the Visual Basic program on a virtual machine, and re-scanning the unbinded files.

To a mod/admin: Please don't move my thread because of there being multiple threads on this topic, please move it if it is in the wrong category though. Thanks!

~Stay Safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shinratensei_
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1005

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 05:48:18 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1665847.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1415910.0

already discussing in the another thread and it's already a scam site for a long time ago.

and you can give any advice in here for submitting the beast in their scam site list.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1326821.0

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 05:49:59 AM

Big time scam and so obvious one. Whoever loses money on this one deserves to get schooled. Stay safe and always differentiate your investments.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 02:46:09 PM

As  mentioned above  there are  lots of thread  already  regarding  on  beastminer  which  is   a total scam  for me when i saw  it first  . Its a  total ponzi/hyip site which  its too good to be  true  to make such huge returns  on using  their  so called  miner software but still its a good  investigation though by the OP.
prepitazenith

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 09:23:54 PM

Hello Friends,
 beastminer is like frauding, i send him many email and they reply as below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIRST EMAIL FROM BEASTMINER
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BeastMiner Support <beastminercontact@gmail.com>
to me
Oct 27 (7 days ago)

Hello,

We, BeastMiner Ltd., are a startup company who has recently established their headquarters in the UK.
By using the cutting-edgy technology iASIC, we hope to push CPU mining forward and give everyone who is interested in cryptocurrency the ability, to simply mine a bunch of BTC in a short period of time. We are very focused on this.

We ask 0.95 BTC for an upgrade, because we are after all still people who need to eat daily and have sufficient live provision.
Although we can guarantee you, if you do decide to upgrade, you will not be disappointed.

Upgrading includes the ability to use any performance preset you want, and you can mess around with the BEAST control panel, which can lead to absolutely insane profits (up to 9 times as much as you are earning with a non-upgraded client)-
Therefore we recommend you to at least take a look at what an upgrade can offer by clicking "UNLEASH THE BEAST" in the BeastMiner Client.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply to this e-mail.

Regards,
- BeastMiner Support

SECOND EMAIL FROM BEASTMINER
BeastMiner Support
to me    
Oct 27 (7 days ago)

to me
Hello,

As we have stated multiple times, an upgrade is optional. You do not *have* to do it, although we highly recommend it.
Plus you would do us a great favor by doing that, as you are showing your support towards us, which we highly appreciate.
After all, all we want to do is to deliver the best possible mining experience to *everyone* who's interested.

We *are* a genuine company. BeastMiner Ltd. is registered as a valid business in the UK and strives to deliver customers the best possible experience.
We are planing on launching a blog as well in the future, in order to document our success and achievements.

If you do not trust us, then please do not engage in mining with our client and/or upgrading. It is as simple as that.

If you have any further questions, feel free to reply to this e-mail!

Kind Regards,
- BeastMiner Team

THIRD EMAIL FROM BEASTMINER
BeastMiner Support
to me   
Oct 28 (6 days ago)

Hi,
Thank you for replying.

"Why do you recommend upgrading?"
As we have stated multiple times, upgrading is completely optional.
For example, we cannot just offer the premium support line to absolutely everyone out there using the software.
Therefore, you can upgrade and get benefits, such as faster support and even faster mining speed, etc.
After all we are still a business trying to support our families. Please respect that. You do not have to upgrade if you do not want to.

"Do you have any payment proof?"
We do not provide public withdrawal history. For privacy reasons.
We can show you the most recent withdrawal made by user "D*****", which you can find here:

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/e2cf34f6d4284024dc9c8183800631c321e6a7294b828a76d8d384d4560eca58

This is an exception. Please do not share this transaction with anyone.

"How do you calculate the minimum BeastMiner earnings?"
We have ran tests on several computers. Our test results deduce that the average minimum earning rate is 0.0024 BTC per hour across all machines. Provided you have upgraded your client and are using the TURBO mining mode.

"You're a fraud."
No, no we're not. It is very disrespectful of you to make such accusations without any evidence.
If you do not trust BeastMiner Ltd., then please do not engage in further communication with us.

Kind Regards,
- BeastMiner Support

FOURTH EMAIL FROM BEASTMINER
BeastMiner Support
to me   
Oct 28 (6 days ago)

Hi,
Thank you for replying.

We pay all miners instantly.
As long as you mine, we will pay you 95% of the profit made by mining a certain altcoin block. 5% go to us.

Kind Regards,
- BeastMiner Team

FIFTH EMAIL
BeastMiner Support
to me   
Oct 28 (6 days ago)

Hi,
Thank you for replying.

Our documentation pages are currently being rewritten.
They should return in less than 1 week.

SIXTH EMAIL
BeastMiner Support
to me   
Oct 28 (6 days ago)

Hi,
Thanks for replying.

Our office building is currently located at:

BeastMiner Ltd.
122 Leadenhall St. #720
London, UK

It is a physical building.
You may verify this yourself as we have registered our business to this exact address.

Kind Regards,
- BeastMiner Team

SEVENTH EMAIL
BeastMiner Support
to me   
Oct 28 (6 days ago)

Hi,
Thank you for replying.

Well, all we are saying is that, if you choose to pay the 0.95 BTC required for an upgrade, you will get access to all the benefits, such as the premium support line.

So yes, if you were to pay the upgrade payment, we would take the time to answer more of your questions if you so desire.

As we have stated multiple times, we need money to support our families and lives.
Also, we are offering BeastMiner as a service, offering it as just a free product would achieve us nothing.

Kind Regards,
- BeastMiner Team

EIGHTH EMAIL :
BeastMiner Support <beastminercontact@gmail.com>
Oct 30 (2 days ago)
to me

Hi there,
Thank you for contacting us.

1) The Client will use your Hardware ID (specifically your Hard drive's HWID) in combination with your computer's name as your account identifier.
An example would be: f04905a7-WINDOWS

If for some reason you wish to transfer funds or upgrade-status from one account to another, you can always contact us and we will do our best to help you.

There is no additional account needed, everything is automatic.

2) Yes, that is possible, although we recommend you to upgrade upfront if possible, because mining gets exponentially harder and harder, therefore time is important.
If you choose to upgrade, you will be able to mine much, much faster, as you unlock all performance presets, the TURBO mode and much more.

Basically: If you have the money (0.95 BTC), then we highly recommend you to upgrade upfront.
You will not be disappointed. And we'd like to thank you as well for supporting us!

3) Already answered in 1)

Happy mining! Smiley

Kind Regards,
- BeastMiner Team

After above last email i never get any reply from them, still i am waiting for their reply, so if anybody have any information about beastminer.net then please update it in this talking forum.

thank you all.
Dank14

Activity: 249
Merit: 100

Hawk!

View Profile
November 02, 2016, 10:27:19 PM

I guess the list of scam sites in the crypto community will never end... a very long list indeed.

milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1040

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:28:41 PM

I guess the list of scam sites in the crypto community will never end... a very long list indeed.

As expected,  the list would  not end  as  long  there  are still people  do believe  on this  kind of   cloudmining sites  and they are easily fooled  by them   thats  why they  still exist as  of  now  and  it would never  end because  if  they  got  busted and  became scam   they would surely ran all the  money of their  investors and   a few weeks later they  pop out again and    using different  name  but  the same concept and  its just  a cycle.

.BitDice.               ▄▄███▄▄
           ▄▄██▀▀ ▄ ▀▀██▄▄
      ▄▄█ ▀▀  ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▀ █▄▄
  ▄▄██▀▀     ▀▀ █████ ▀▀     ▀▀██▄▄
██▀▀ ▄▄██▀      ▀███▀      ▀██▄▄ ▀▀██
██  ████▄▄       ███       ▄▄████  ██
██  █▀▀████▄▄  ▄█████▄  ▄▄████▀▀█  ██
██  ▀     ▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀     ▀  ██
             ███████████
██  ▄     ▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄     ▄  ██
██  █▄▄████▀▀  ▀█████▀  ▀▀████▄▄█  ██
██  ████▀▀       ███       ▀▀████  ██
██▄▄ ▀▀██▄      ▄███▄      ▄██▀▀ ▄▄██
  ▀▀██▄▄     ▄▄ █████ ▄▄     ▄▄██▀▀
      ▀▀█ ▄▄  ▀▀█████▀▀  ▄▄ █▀▀
           ▀▀██▄▄ ▀ ▄▄██▀▀
               ▀▀███▀▀
        ▄▄███████▄▄
     ▄███████████████▄
    ████▀▀       ▀▀████
   ████▀           ▀████
   ████             ████
   ████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████
▄█████████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████
████                   ████
████▄                 ▄████
████████▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████████
  ▀▀▀█████████████████▀▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀
▄▄████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
█████                            █████
█████                     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█████                   ██          ██
██████████████████▀▀███ ██          ██
 ████████████████▄  ▄██ ██          ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██          ██
             ██████████ ██          ██
           ▄███████████ ██████▀▀██████
          █████████████  ▀████▄▄████▀
[/]
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 12:55:35 PM

As expected,  the list would  not end  as  long  there  are still people  do believe  on this  kind of   cloudmining sites  and they are easily fooled  by them   thats  why they  still exist as  of  now  and  it would never  end because  if  they  got  busted and  became scam   they would surely ran all the  money of their  investors and   a few weeks later they  pop out again and    using different  name  but  the same concept and  its just  a cycle.

That's why when they open new Ponzi scam, community have to point it out at warn new users. Only in our hands is if they will continue this proceder or someday they will give up! I hope it will end soon!
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 01:00:28 PM

i am thinking the same, as long as there are people coming in crypto world that don't want to do searching first before downloading or trying anything that they see in the internet. personally for me, i see everyday people on facebook getting fooled by those scam sites and some of them even know that they will get scammed sooner but they still continue to take risk therefore those scammer owner will never stop scamming them
Slow death

Activity: 1344
Merit: 747

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 01:40:04 PM

Referral commission. while there something like referral commission,  people invest on ponzi sites. unfortunately, greed blind  people.

Hardly anyone will be able to stop this system. because while some lose a lot of money, others in turn earn much money from referral commission.

Just look at some owners hyip monitors how much money earn. I talked to an owner of a very famous hyip monitor and he does not regret make money at the expense of loss of others. In fact the conversation made me more shocked

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀