Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:33:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with this?  (Read 3722 times)
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:16:24 AM

Here's the downsides of free speech - us poor mods get this frequently.
I'm starting to think I'm getting cyber-bullied by him now.... Tongue

Just had an interesting clown to PM me here. I'll be moving this thread to Meta in some time unless any good suggestions roll in.
PS: Moved to Meta as it belongs there.

Hello John,

Can you please delete the following thread of mine:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=163256.0

I find it very distressing and I did not intend how I have been perceived. I have learned my lesson that I should have been clear that I need investors on my project. I am trying to build up to being a reputable member so one day I can contribute to the forum (as stated in another thread).

I do not like how I have been targeted and bullied.

I sincerely apologise.

As per the forum rules, I cannot delete any threads with replies by others.

I don't understand this rule? I am clearly being abused online and it is an act of cyberbullying. If you do nothing about it I will be taking it to the authorities as I am feeling very anxious and depressed on how I have been mistreated. If I sign myself into a psychologist this site will be honed in on.

You must be new to the internet. I was assuming you had a serious concern before this PM came in.

You clearly do not understand the term 'cyber bullying' and the hatred displayed by the members of this forum to my own psychological health. If you do not follow the news, this is a serious offence which is being cracked down upon. And by your latest pm shows that you are now involved. Where's this forum hosted? Netherlands?

Well done. You clearly have no position or right to be a moderator on a forum when you do NOTHING!

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:24:47 AM

My response to the last PM:

You clearly do not understand the term 'cyber bullying' and the hatred displayed by the members of this forum to my own psychological health. If you do not follow the news, this is a serious offence which is being cracked down upon. And by your latest pm shows that you are now involved. Where's this forum hosted? Netherlands?

Well done. You clearly have no position or right to be a moderator on a forum when you do NOTHING!

Yep, it's at Netherlands. Also, if you have issues with my moderation, feel free to debate your part here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=166884.0

GoldenAngel

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:32:23 AM

Wow, you really stooped low here. You are pathetic and a bully. I'm glad you have highlighted the sort of person you are, looking for all the 14 year old forum members to yell and scream 'HAHAHAHA'. To most people, you just look pathetic and I feel sorry for you.

Just look at all your tip jars covering your profile. I really love the beggar look, suits you.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:45:42 AM

Wow, you really stooped low here. You are pathetic and a bully. I'm glad you have highlighted the sort of person you are, looking for all the 14 year old forum members to yell and scream 'HAHAHAHA'. To most people, you just look pathetic and I feel sorry for you.

Just look at all your tip jars covering your profile. I really love the beggar look, suits you.

This is amazing how badly you shot yourself in the foot. You displayed to everyone the sort of person you are and lost credibility from the others who looked up to you. You are a troll king with a few 14 year old minions.

Well, it's only you and yourself making a spectacle out of this. I don't think I've even insulted you before, but I guess I apologize for not taking in account that you're such a sensitive kid.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:47:01 AM

Also, if there's any issues with my moderation feel free to chime in. I'm simply sick of such users that come around, trying to get me do something that they want, and throw a tantrum when they don't. I guess there's some truth to my title there.
<----
GoldenAngel

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:49:00 AM

Also, if there's any issues with my moderation feel free to chime in. I'm simply sick of such users that come around, trying to get me do something that they want, and throw a tantrum when they don't. I guess there's some truth to my title there.
<----

Good work John! Everyone clearly thinks your right from all the responses! I'm glad you showed the forum how you abuse your powers and the level of of maturity that you possess. It was a pretty simple request, you are obviously unfit for the job.
GoldenAngel

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:50:21 AM

This is amazing how badly you shot yourself in the foot. You displayed to everyone the sort of person you are and lost credibility from the others who looked up to you. You are a troll king with a few 14 year old minions.

Well, it's only you and yourself making a spectacle out of this. I don't think I've even insulted you before, but I guess I apologize for not taking in account that you're such a sensitive kid.

You're the act here John. Your the one being a child and posting everything in here making it into such a big deal. I'm open to discussion anywhere.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:51:45 AM

<----

Good work John! Everyone clearly thinks your right from all the responses! I'm glad you showed the forum how you abuse your powers and the level of of maturity that you possess. It was a pretty simple request, you are obviously unfit for the job.

A clarification to anyone's who's reading this: As per the forum policy, we do not remove threads where there are replies by other users unless there is express permission by the other participants. OT replies are not included in this policy, of course.
GoldenAngel

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 09:59:41 AM

<----

A clarification to anyone's who's reading this: As per the forum policy, we do not remove threads where there are replies by other users unless there is express permission by the other participants. OT replies are not included in this policy, of course.

Sorry John, don't back down now. You've really done one here. Also if I wrote a topic, I should be allowed to delete it. If I express distress over a topic that is heated towards me, I should have the right for it to be deleted. If someone asks politely to remove a thread which is affecting them, I would have thought any rational human being in your position would have sympathised.

Yet here we are. Good job John! I really approve of how you moderate these forums (sarcasm) and I think a lot of people have changed how they view you now. Not doing your scabby tip jars any favour, I guess they will slow to a trickle now.  
GoldenAngel

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:13:27 AM

Thought you where checking yourself into the nuthouse to get some happy pills for that butthurt?

I for one am glad of our troll busting overlords.

Spoken like a true troll minion. Thank you!
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:15:36 AM

You're the act here John. Your the one being a child and posting everything in here making it into such a big deal. I'm open to discussion anywhere.

By the way, the main reason I posted this here was to demonstrate an example of the moderation here. We uphold the spirit of free speech vigorously, and we do not delete anything unless it's absolutely needed. Please do not PM/report to us asking to delete replies by others unless you have a good reason for that.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:17:52 AM

<----

Sorry John, don't back down now. You've really done one here. Also if I wrote a topic, I should be allowed to delete it. If I express distress over a topic that is heated towards me, I should have the right for it to be deleted. If someone asks politely to remove a thread which is affecting them, I would have thought any rational human being in your position would have sympathised.

Yet here we are. Good job John! I really approve of how you moderate these forums (sarcasm) and I think a lot of people have changed how they view you now. Not doing your scabby tip jars any favour, I guess they will slow to a trickle now. 

No, you stupid... You write a topic, and you may delete/edit/remove the content from YOUR OWN posts/replies. Who are you to decide on the deletion of replies made by other users?
This is a private forum, and there are a few rules, and when I say a few I really mean few. If you can't accept those few rules you're better off leaving.
GoldenAngel

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:21:32 AM

Looks like my reputation is not the only one to get hammered. You clearly have lots of support John, well done! I hope you achieved lots with this!

Now remember. Please don't make yourself look like a hypocrite now will you. No deleting this thread that shows the true colours of lonesome man behind a computer screen begging for tips while abusing his power online because its something (power) he lacks in his own life.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/audience-clapping-smiley-emoticon.gif
GoldenAngel

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:24:40 AM

<----

No, you stupid... You write a topic, and you may delete/edit/remove the content from YOUR OWN posts/replies. Who are you to decide on the deletion of replies made by other users?
This is a private forum, and there are a few rules, and when I say a few I really mean few. If you can't accept those few rules you're better off leaving.

As stated in my response it was for the thread to be deleted. I asked John nicely to remove MY thread and admitted I went about it the wrong way yet as you can see he is very childish.
John (John K.) (OP)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:27:23 AM

<----

As stated in my response it was for the thread to be deleted. I asked John nicely to remove MY thread and admitted I went about it the wrong way yet as you can see he is very childish.
The thread contains replies by others. This (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=7269.0) is an example of a thread without other replies, and can be deleted with express permission by the OP only.
mobodick

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:30:19 AM

<----

In real life, when you say something you cannot take it away.
Think of this as ral life.
Deletion on command would be devastating for this forum because people could easily start all kinds of fights and then remove the evidence by deleting the thread.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:32:56 AM

Yay, drama.

@GoldenAngel, how did John abuse you again? By not removing an outlandish thread?

Don't take it personally - some newbie wants "exciting new business", not hard to see the replies.
GoldenAngel

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:34:33 AM

<----

In real life, when you say something you cannot take it away.
Think of this as ral life.
Deletion on command would be devastating for this forum because people could easily start all kinds of fights and then remove the evidence by deleting the thread.

I understand but I thought if John was a rational normal human being the particular circumstances would have been just.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 10:35:28 AM

<----

We aren't going to censor people just because someone hurt your feelings. Don't take your anger out on the wrong people.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
GoldenAngel

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:39:27 AM

Yay, drama.

@GoldenAngel, how did John abuse you again? By not removing an outlandish thread?

Don't take it personally - some newbie wants "exciting new business", not hard to see the replies.

How he went about this. Instead of handling it privately in a professional manner. He WAS hoping for people to make an example of me. Back-fired just a bit and now it just detracts from his credibility as a mod. I hope there is an internal investigation into him.

I understand this which is why I apologised and asked for the thread to be removed so I had a chance to really show my worth on this forum and build my reputation before I ever made such a stupid thread again. I understand why so many people are quick to scream scammer etc after reading a lot of these threads on Bitcointalk and I did apologise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: