Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:01:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172886 times)
Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:29:15 AM

I just noticed the status pages for BTC/LTC/ETH actually use the word "haircut"  Shocked

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=LTC

Currency 57% secured, 43% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=BTC

Currency 86% secured, 14% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=ETH

Currency 0% secured, 100% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

As I had a 14% btc haircut, what does this mean? That 100% of ETH are gone? ( In the hypothesis those are not progress percentage but the amount of haircut. ) AND, in that case, how could the whole hack be 10% if the biggest coins are devastated ?

They stated they had a MAJOR LOSS OF FUNDS. What did you morons think would happen, that you would get it all back?Huh Time to wake up!!

Most of the shitcoins are untouched, but LTC is hurt bad and ETH is killed off, BTC 14%. So yeah, probably about 10% all in all.

go back to one month ago and see I knew the haircut had been the "solution" from the beginning, and I was also criticized for that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:54:40 AM

I just noticed the status pages for BTC/LTC/ETH actually use the word "haircut"  Shocked

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=LTC

Currency 57% secured, 43% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=BTC

Currency 86% secured, 14% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=ETH

Currency 0% secured, 100% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

As I had a 14% btc haircut, what does this mean? That 100% of ETH are gone? ( In the hypothesis those are not progress percentage but the amount of haircut. ) AND, in that case, how could the whole hack be 10% if the biggest coins are devastated ?

They stated they had a MAJOR LOSS OF FUNDS. What did you morons think would happen, that you would get it all back?Huh Time to wake up!!

Most of the shitcoins are untouched, but LTC is hurt bad and ETH is killed off, BTC 14%. So yeah, probably about 10% all in all.

go back to one month ago and see I knew the haircut had been the "solution" from the beginning, and I was also criticized for that.

They should have taken some LTC back from inactive traders in a "legal but unethical" way at least, though 400 LTC is a drop in the water I guess.
Look at that: https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange/?market=LTC_BTC
They've lost 50% of their LTC but suddenly they re-enabled trading of it yesterday. It seems that a total of 400 LTC were bought under their value, either by the few users who were unlucky enough to hold BTC in Cryptopia or from Cryptopia themselves.

But I'll be honest... judging by the timestamp of their tweet and the time of the LTC-BTC trading, I believe that the tradings was done by users and not from Cryptopia.
KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 10:53:55 AM

Still, they waste time...
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 11:45:28 AM

Hmm, for any coins which have taken a haircut, ALL orders in EVERY market for that coin would have to be cancelled, since the customer's adjusted balance no longer supports the order value. I wonder if this happened?
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:12:10 PM

didn't just BTC and LTC was added to the ETH hack?

here is a funny thing..

ETH hack 100%,  but why only certain percentage lost to BTC and LTC?? the hacker choose to just take a slice off the pie?  Roll Eyes
Maybe his bags are full of money  Grin
or maybe cryptopia team came to know what is happening and they locked their site and fund.
or maybe he doesn't have much time to withdraw funds from different wallets.  Grin

There are many "maybe" those are known by cryptopia and NZ police only, for now.

maybe cryptopia added those BTCs and LTCs to the hacked ETH coins, blame the hacker for BTC and LTC while they bag it  Grin maybe give some too for the unofficial cryptopia team wondering around the internet...they need to eat too  Grin Grin
FractalUniverse

Activity: 1034
Merit: 558

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 04:56:34 PM

Hmm, for any coins which have taken a haircut, ALL orders in EVERY market for that coin would have to be cancelled, since the customer's adjusted balance no longer supports the order value. I wonder if this happened?
all orders should have been cancelled automatically after 2 months downtime as i wrote before. they didnt do that.
Even though traders were allowed to cancel them manually for a few days, not everyone had time to do it... i guess someone made nice quick&dirty $$$$ from their old quotes
Winstar78

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:12:00 PM

The most incredible thing is having enabled trading with no prior notice and without enabling withdrawals and deposits
somebody else

Activity: 87
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 05:37:14 PM

What is haircut?

The term haircut is most commonly used when referencing the percentage difference between an asset's market value and the amount that can be used as collateral for a loan.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/h/haircut.asp

Did we ask for some loan from this exchange?

almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:27:47 PM

all orders should have been cancelled automatically after 2 months downtime as i wrote before. they didnt do that.
Even though traders were allowed to cancel them manually for a few days, not everyone had time to do it... i guess someone made nice quick&dirty $$$$ from their old quotes

My point is that orders on markets with lost coins are essentially no longer valid.

Say someone had an open order to sell 1 LTC at the time of the hack.
Their LTC balance drops by 57% at the point of haircut.
There's no longer the full 1 LTC in their account to support that 1 LTC sell order.
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 10:50:09 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2019, 07:17:58 AM by four3200

who is making the nice quick&dirty $$$$?

maybe same guys deciding when and what markets to bring online??

also didn't cryptopia have a standing rule of not allowing trading for coins LOCKED in 'maintenance'?

slime shady all the way.

WITHDRAWS;

not trade, not gas from anon mods,

WITHDRAWS

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 04:17:16 AM

My point is that orders on markets with lost coins are essentially no longer valid.

There's no longer the full 1 LTC in their account to support that 1 LTC sell order.

Yup , they should have just cleared all orders themselves.
Just restarting trading at some point without fixing withdrawls first and not announcing it a couple of days in advance also very shady.
It definitely  leaves one with the feeling customers are getting worked over by creating room for people to make lucky under market value buys like this really leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
Its just a accumulation of small and bigger mistakes that leads one to think they cant just be mistakes.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
BenTheAnonMod

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 10:00:54 AM

Just restarting trading at some point without fixing withdrawls first and not announcing it a couple of days in advance also very shady.
It definitely  leaves one with the feeling customers are getting worked over by creating room for people to make lucky under market value buys like this really leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.
Its just a accumulation of small and bigger mistakes that leads one to think they cant just be mistakes.

Can you even imagine the backlash, especially on here if Cryptopia had forced users to close their open trades whether they wanted to or not?

Consider both options,

A. They let users close their trades if they want to, other users complain they didn't force cancel all orders whether all users wanted that or not.

B. They force close all orders whether wanted or not, people complain Cryptopia forced them to cancel their orders.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 11:50:46 AM

How big is profit of this exchange for 2018?

How big is profit of this exchange for the previous years?

Where to find this data?

You won't find official financial data anywhere because they are not a publicly traded company (not listed in a stock exchange).

But just think of this... they're asking 4000000 DOT to get a coin listed, for 2018 this was averaging to 8 BTC but during the 1 month of peek in the start of 2018 it was averaging 16 BTC for a single listing.

This is their listing announcements: https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_category&kb_category=6313f58bdbeddf009990f6fcbf96190d&spa=1
However they haven't put dates on their old announcements, so in order to see when was the coins listed I went to their BTCT ANN threads and guess what? Their list of announcements is not ordered by date, it looks pretty random as far as I can tell! (what a mess)
Therefore I'll do a guess and say that out of the 95 coins they've listed, 50% were listed during the peek of 2 months. Let's say about 40 coins in two months.
That'd be 640 BTC in just January, or $6.4m - $9.6m depending on when/if they sold for dollars.

Before the hack, during most of 2018, their average volume was about 7m daily. With 0.2% trading fee that'd be a daily income of 14000$. On top of it there's an incalculable amount they receive from the withdraw fees which are usually much higher than the network's real fee.

We can't know what their expenses are, but judging by their slow support they shouldn't have a lot of employees to pay.

So yea... with trading happening 24/7, they were making about 420000$ from trading fees every month and with an average of 2.3 listings / month (after January) an extra 18.4 BTC (if for 2018 1BTC = 6000$, then about 110400$).

So even if they didn't sell during the price peek, they were making about 0.53millions every month during the bear market based on the averages of 2018. I'd say those are some conservative estimations though, I believe their income was higher as long as they sow the price drop coming and sold earlier.

Now, there should be a more precise estimation of their loses but I couldn't find it, please let me know of a newer source than what I've found which is this,
almightyruler
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 01:23:18 PM

It definitely  leaves one with the feeling customers are getting worked over by creating room for people to make lucky under market value buys like this really leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

Can you even imagine the backlash, especially on here if Cryptopia had forced users to close their open trades whether they wanted to or not?

Consider both options,

A. They let users close their trades if they want to, other users complain they didn't force cancel all orders whether all users wanted that or not.

B. They force close all orders whether wanted or not, people complain Cryptopia forced them to cancel their orders.

FYI, I received the update mail on 20th March, which is after trading resumed. Assuming this wasn't a random glitch for my account only, there will be other customers who were not informed in time that they had the option to cancel trades.
jane77

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 02:30:55 PM

Please answer who knows. If the user of cryptopia did not cancel Open Orders on their own, but Open Orders were automatically canceled by cryptopia itself - the situation looks like this: in the Balances section, cryptocurrency is present in open orders, and in the section: "Exchange": there are no Open Orders (they are canceled by exchange, this is understandable), but the same in this section: "Exchange" instead of automatically closed Open Orders - there are no corresponding balances or even at least smaller ones. Will there be later coins relevant Open Orders from the section: "Balances" - also displayed in the section: "Exchange"?
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 02:36:37 PM

It definitely  leaves one with the feeling customers are getting worked over by creating room for people to make lucky under market value buys like this really leaves a bad taste in ones mouth.

Consider both options,

FYI, I received the update mail on 20th March, which is after trading resumed. Assuming this wasn't a random glitch for my account only, there will be other customers who were not informed in time that they had the option to cancel trades.

I received the mail this morning.

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 02:47:59 PM

Consider both options,

A. they didn't inform people that where not monitoring their twitter feed 24/7
B. Force closing the orders would be the Only fair thing to do 400 LTC was sold way under market value those people just wanted to lose money and didn't care ?
C. To resume trading without announcing it way in advance  and without canceling all the orders probably borders on the criminal.
D. The last email I got said the site was in Read only nothing about resumed trading why not ? (19/3/2019) care to explain that ?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 04:36:07 PM

The week is about to end and there's still no NEW update about the status of the offline coins. Only the worthless coins are being activated at a time and look's like they don't care about the coins that provide big volumes.

And when hotwallet? when withdrawal?

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2019, 05:39:33 PM

Consider both options,

FLAWLESS LOGIC!

Imagine all those irritate customers complaining that they couldn't sell LTC @ $27 when the current market rate is $60.

Also ignore the fact that 1 year ago you'll shut down the LTC and DOGE markets for 3 months, and ... auto canceled all orders.

Flip Flop much?

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
Winstar78

View Profile
March 21, 2019, 06:36:17 PM

I am asking myself, what kind of LTC are they trading now. Do they exist? Imagine a balance of 400LTC bought now after the "reopening", and applying an haircut also on those.

If I had a sell order of LTC on 14th january, wasn't it made of LTC later hacked?
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: