Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172887 times)
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 02:43:39 AM

Can you tell me which tweet this image is taken from? Is it a screen shot, or an image posted to a twitter account?  Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 09:34:18 AM

Can you tell me which tweet this image is taken from? Is it a screen shot, or an image posted to a twitter account?  Thanks.

Regarding this image, since it's not in the police's official site (https://www.police.govt.nz/search-results/cryptopia) I'll believe it's fake until proven otherwise.
It is made to look like someone contacted New Zeland's police and this is their answer in a personal message, but it'd be an omission from the police to not include such important information in an official announcement.
This is why I believe it's fake.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 10:50:54 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2019, 12:52:39 PM by xtraelv

Can you tell me which tweet this image is taken from? Is it a screen shot, or an image posted to a twitter account?  Thanks.

Regarding this image, since it's not in the police's official site (https://www.police.govt.nz/search-results/cryptopia) I'll believe it's fake until proven otherwise.
It is made to look like someone contacted New Zeland's police and this is their answer in a personal message, but it'd be an omission from the police to not include such important information in an official announcement.

It is not fake. It is a letter sent by the police to people who contacted them regarding Cryptopia.
I have spoken to a number of people who have received that letter.
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/01/30/422537/cryptopia-might-reopen-in-february-nz-police-says

Digger = Peter Dawson (MD of Cryptopia)

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrencies/comments/ak8k0n/cryptopia_managing_director_confirms_nz_police/

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2019, 04:07:01 PM

Ive seen the same image circulating on twitter and cryptopia discord channel and support team says its a legit letter and its already pinned on the general channel.

I am hoping they will be true to their words that they will comeback early February.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
February 01, 2019, 11:56:45 PM

Detective Inspector Greg Murton, of Canterbury police, said it was "not correct" that more currency had been transferred without authorisation.
lets hope that's the true fact and Cryptopia only lost small portions of their ETH coins & tokens
if that so, then they might be able to recover and resume their business operations
I also hope that our BTC and other cryptocurrencies stored safe somewhere in their cold wallets

I am hoping they will be true to their words that they will comeback early February.
lets hope that too...
but they should keep posting update on the progress to calm people down and keep their users' trust

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 02, 2019, 08:29:07 AM

Can you tell me which tweet this image is taken from? Is it a screen shot, or an image posted to a twitter account?  Thanks.

It is not fake. It is a letter sent by the police to people who contacted them regarding Cryptopia.
I have spoken to a number of people who have received that letter.
https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2019/01/30/422537/cryptopia-might-reopen-in-february-nz-police-says

Thanks to everyone who have replied so far, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.

My question relates to the image which  is from Twitter (see the URL - that's a Twitter URL)

So, I'm still wondering what Twitter post it comes from originally.?

pinoycash

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2019, 03:23:07 PM

Thanks to everyone who have replied so far, hopefully we can get to the bottom of this soon.

My question relates to the image which  is from Twitter (see the URL - that's a Twitter URL)

So, I'm still wondering what Twitter post it comes from originally.?

Its just some random user that posted that image, he saids he contacted NZ police via email and got that reply.

after he posted that image some people try to contact NZ police and got the same generic reply.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
joel28

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:03:54 AM

2weeks and no nows....
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 09:13:47 AM

I want nows and I want it new.
DADIBLAND

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 01:03:13 PM

Members lost money
Cryptopia will never return
that is the true
lemonandfriesonetwo

Activity: 652
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 03:10:06 PM

I want nows and I want it new.

NOWS NOW! AND NEW!
NOWS NOW! AND NEW!
NOWS NOW! AND NEW!
NOWS NOW! AND NEW!
NOWS NOW! AND NEW!
ovcijisir

Activity: 1483
Merit: 321

🐪 https://freebitco.in/?r=38535612

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2019, 05:32:49 PM

Aynone knows what is exactly stolen? It seems that ETH and ERC20 tokens are gone, but are the other coins safe?

I had significant amount of ETH and ERC20 tokens there, but I don't count that I will get them back.

Right now I am interested in other coins, are they safe or they are gone too.

adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 06:57:51 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Aynone knows what is exactly stolen? It seems that ETH and ERC20 tokens are gone, but are the other coins safe?

I had significant amount of ETH and ERC20 tokens there, but I don't count that I will get them back.

Here there is a list of coin stolen  in the Cryptopia exchange hack:
 https://github.com/elementus-io/cryptopia-hack/blob/master/README.md
Not every coins was stolen (at least for now); but the list was last updated 29th while I can see some post about "leaked funds" from 30th January and after

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 08:28:16 PM

Members lost money
that is the true

They have to return so people can withdraw the coins they still have on there ..

and then they can disappear.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:10:58 PM

Here there is a list of coin stolen  in the Cryptopia exchange hack:
Not every coins was stolen (at least for now); but the list was last updated 29th while I can see some post about "leaked funds" from 30th January and after

Elementus only checked the Ethereum blockchain, so that is not to be considered a complete list. There could be other Bitcoin-style coins (including Bitcoin itself) that have been stolen.

"We have not examined the Bitcoin blockchain or other blockchains to see if funds were stolen there as well."
DADIBLAND

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2019, 11:45:26 PM

Members lost money
that is the true

They have to return so people can withdraw the coins they still have on there ..

There are coins stolen after ten days of hacker

the question is

Why not open the site

They allow thieves robbery

They do not allow members to enter and withdraw their money

What are they waiting for?

The case seems to be orchestrated
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:17:10 AM

I've been keeping a tally via this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5097916.msg49253290#msg49253290 of the various Crypto coins and tokens being stolen.  Any updates of these figures (verifiable) would be appreciated.

Latest from New Zealand - listen to the podcast:

Police baffled as crypto-currency funds disappear

https://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/morningreport/audio/2018680963/police-baffled-as-crypto-currency-funds-disappear

From Morning Report, 8:44 am today (Monday, 4th February 2019)

Funds are continue to be drained from the New Zealand digital currency exchange Cryptopia more than two weeks after police started investigating. Various cryptocurrencies believed to be worth more than $23 million have been siphoned from the trading exchange since it was first hacked on January 14. But even with scores of police investigators on the case, money is still disappearing, the latest being 260 thousand dollars worth last week. on Tuesday. Max Galker, who runs the cryptocurrency watchdog Elementus, has been monitoring the flow of virtual money from Cryptopia. He told RNZ reporter Matthew Theunissen most hackers aren't caught.

Listen to the radio report: https://podcast.radionz.co.nz/mnr/mnr-20190204-0844-police_baffled_as_crypto-currency_funds_disappear-128.mp3

No official statement from New Zealand Police since the 22nd of January 2019: https://www.police.govt.nz/news/search-results/cryptopia

sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:04:22 PM

Members lost money
that is the true

There are coins stolen after ten days of hacker

the question is

Why not open the site

They allow thieves robbery

They do not allow members to enter and withdraw their money

What are they waiting for?

The case seems to be orchestrated

ye seems to be the case else they would have verified by now what wallets they still have control over.

I just need a SS of my account so I can ask the devs of the coin to refund me after they burn the Cryptopia wallet on their chain.

Their database should be intact or they should have a backup so they can at least give us access.

At least their security was piss poor at worst they just robbed the place themselves.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
ovcijisir

Activity: 1483
Merit: 321

🐪 https://freebitco.in/?r=38535612

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 06:12:19 PM

~

Here there is a list of coin stolen  in the Cryptopia exchange hack:

~

I've been keeping a tally via this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5097916.msg49253290#msg49253290 of the various Crypto coins and tokens being stolen.  Any updates of these figures (verifiable) would be appreciated.

Thank you for the answers Adamvp and Timelord2067! What is going on with this exchange?? The funds are draining from the wallets even after the police sealed everything? They blocked access to regular users, but they left it open for robbers?

Thank you again for informations, I will try to be of help in your thread Timelord2067.

pinoycash

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 06:16:54 PM

Another Week have passed and today Monday, Not a single post in all their social media channels.

No latest news from different NZ news outlet.

Cryptopia Discord Staff keep posting memes and joke around while people are waiting for their hard earned money.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
█████
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Pages: « 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: