Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:11:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172886 times)
DADIBLAND

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 06:57:44 PM

cryptsy   maintenance   2015  = scam

btc e      maintenance   2017 =  scam

cryptopia   maintenance  2019 HuhHuhHuhHuh??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bisti

Activity: 194
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:44:52 PM

Another Week have passed and today Monday, Not a single post in all their social media channels.

No latest news from different NZ news outlet.

Cryptopia Discord Staff keep posting memes and joke around while people are waiting for their hard earned money.
I think it is pretty obvious that the longer we are all waiting, the more we are aware we can say goodbye to the money.
They are not giving updates because after few months, some people will simply give up.
We should do some kind of law suite all together
KriptoGuruTR

Activity: 564
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 07:48:19 PM

Very well executed exit scam.

I will remember New Zealand with this...
Mr Airdrops

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 07:50:35 PM

Lost access to my account on cryptopia and i don't know what happened? is there news?
joel28

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:24:58 PM

I think cryptopia hack is just a show, they scammed us...  as the element said this hack is very unusual how it's possible that hacker had access to all those wallets? they took our coins and said we are hacked and then they involved police as a cover
Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:05:47 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I don't think it's a scam, but our funds are lost. Funds have continued to leak off cryptopia's wallets because they have probably lost the private keys and only the hackers (or better the thieves) can manage those wallets, ironically.

We can only pray the loss has not been catastrophic and they can reopen. The sad thing is that if they propose to give to us a % of the funds, will face legal sues because ppl is greedy and think is better to sue and take nothing in years, than have a sort of "stop loss" and rescue something fast. I'd prefer to take a % fast. I've seen this scheme with bitgrail.

Anyway, things can even be worse: have you heared abous the absurd quadriga FX situation? That has probably been a masterful exit scam, or a thing too stupid to be true

Exchanges play and gain with ppl money, and when they make a mistake, they pay with ppl money. Open an exchange, the job of the future!
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:14:54 PM

I don't think it's a scam, but our funds are lost. Funds have continued to leak off cryptopia's wallets because they have probably lost the private keys and only the hackers (or better the thieves) can manage those wallets, ironically.

The police has already refuted that claim.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/110287959/police-dispute-claims-more-cryptocurrency-taken-from-christchurch-company-cryptopia

Police dispute claims more cryptocurrency taken from Christchurch company Cryptopia

Blockchain analysis company Elementus' CEO Max Galka has written a blog post claiming another $260,000 worth of Ethereum (a type of cryptocurrency) has been transferred from about 17,000 Cryptopia wallets (like a bank account for digital currency) since police began investigating. The transfers allegedly began about 1am on Tuesday.

Detective Inspector Greg Murton, of Canterbury police, said it was "not correct" that more currency had been transferred without authorisation.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
belkaloveXXX

Activity: 29

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 03:09:50 AM

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/110287959/police-dispute-claims-more-cryptocurrency-taken-from-christchurch-company-cryptopia

Police dispute claims more cryptocurrency taken from Christchurch company Cryptopia

Blockchain analysis company Elementus' CEO Max Galka has written a blog post claiming another $260,000 worth of Ethereum (a type of cryptocurrency) has been transferred from about 17,000 Cryptopia wallets (like a bank account for digital currency) since police began investigating. The transfers allegedly began about 1am on Tuesday.

Detective Inspector Greg Murton, of Canterbury police, said it was "not correct" that more currency had been transferred without authorisation.

WHAT FUCK YOU SAID LOOK TO YOBIT WHEN ETC HACKED THEY GIVE RECOVER USERS LOSS FROM INSURENCE WHILE CRYPTOPIA EARN MILLION A MONTH FROM FEES WE DIDNT CARE IT'S THEIR MISTAKE NOT USERS MISTAKE + THEIR IDENTITY NOWN IN PUBLIC THEY CAN'T HIDE THEIR ASS WE GONNA TAKE OUR MONEY WITH LEGAL OR FORCE
Winstar78

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:41:57 AM

You will not take anything "with legal or force"...

Mtgox users were finally about to take their refund and now a random company did a billion dollar claim that will probably stop everything again...

according to the police declaration (no more money stolen etc.), i don't believe that honestly. If that's not true, the whole elementus analysis is wrong, so those are not hackers wallets, so we don't have idea of what have been stolen and how much. It can even be better than we think. But, I don't think so.
If the loss was <5M$ I think they had already reopened.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 09:21:12 AM

there has been no official refuting from the New Zealand Police - https://www.police.govt.nz/news/search-results/cryptopia - Last satatement from NZ Police was on the 22nd of January 2019.

Funny how only a couple of days ago xtraelv was debunking stuff.co.nz

Nothing in the media has been confirmed either way. The Stuff website has been factually incorrect on a number of occasions.

Prior speculation will have no influence on the outcome. The results of the police investigation will establish the facts.

Now he's relying on their same website to back up his assertion.

adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 10:01:18 AM

~

Here there is a list of coin stolen  in the Cryptopia exchange hack:
 https://github.com/elementus-io/cryptopia-hack/blob/master/README.md
Not every coins was stolen (at least for now); but the list was last updated 29th while I can see some post about "leaked funds" from 30th January and after

~

I've been keeping a tally via this link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5097916.msg49253290#msg49253290 of the various Crypto coins and tokens being stolen.  Any updates of these figures (verifiable) would be appreciated.

Thank you for the answers Adamvp and Timelord2067! What is going on with this exchange?? The funds are draining from the wallets even after the police sealed everything? They blocked access to regular users, but they left it open for robbers?

Thank you again for informations, I will try to be of help in your thread Timelord2067.

I am afraid hacker could steal private keys, not only got access to the wallets, so now it would be hard to stop this proceder - maybe only way would be give access to the rightfull owners (us) prior hacker steal rest of our money - but it seems quite impossible due to policy investigation

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:05:27 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2019, 12:07:02 AM by xtraelv

there has been no official refuting from the New Zealand Police - https://www.police.govt.nz/news/search-results/cryptopia - Last satatement from NZ Police was on the 22nd of January 2019.

Not all police communication is via their website.

When an article quotes a specific police officer it is safe to assume that they said it - otherwise it could be considered defamatory or false publication.

Stuff has reported numerous things that are plain stupid.

Most custodial exchanges hold users’ assets in cold wallets, which cannot be easily accessed. Smaller sites, like Cryptopia, may not be able to afford the same protection, making them targets for hackers.
Since when are cold wallets expensive ?

Police have now stormed the office of a Christchurch cryptocurrency trader after millions of dollars worth of currency appears to have disappeared in a security breach.
Apparently Police storms buildings when you call them.

"Some of the exchanges in New Zealand deliberately won't hold cryptocurrencies on behalf of people because they just become a target for hackers."
Show me a peer to peer centralized exchange that doesn't hold cryptocurrency on behalf of people.

Their main expert they keep quoting Associate Professor Alex Sims is a associate professor of law. Some of her reported assertions about crypto technology have not been accurate or out of context.

Either she does not have the technical insight, Stuff has been reporting her comments incorrectly or quoted the comments out of context..

Now he's relying on their same website to back up his assertion.

They quoted Detective Inspector Greg Murton, of Canterbury police.  Who is known to be in charge of operation crypto.

My personal opinion is that Stuff has been on a fishing expedition.  Because they don't have a clue they make false assertions in the hope that they get a response from someone who corrects them.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Winstar78

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 01:13:47 PM

I am afraid hacker could steal private keys, not only got access to the wallets, so now it would be hard to stop this proceder - maybe only way would be give access to the rightfull owners (us) prior hacker steal rest of our money - but it seems quite impossible due to policy investigation

I don't think every user has his own private wallets. From what I have seen, when I deposited BTC on my deposit address, they were soon moved elsewhere.

in addition, as we have no private keys, there is not much more we can do compared to cryptopia staff.
adamvp

Activity: 1246
Merit: 708

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 02:17:48 PM

You misunderstood me.
I have on mind that I assume that private keys have cryptopia and (maybe encryted??) hacker.
And this one will be first who can access funds first (owners - not likely due to policy investigation) or hackers (when he decrypt stolen private keys?)

Anyway it is another big lesson - never trust centralised exchange - better support DEXes!

I am looking for signature campaign Wink pm me
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 06:19:07 PM

Archived for future reference: http://archive.fo/U2t1E#selection-7247.0-7323.137

Most custodial exchanges hold users’ assets in cold wallets, which cannot be easily accessed. Smaller sites, like Cryptopia, may not be able to afford the same protection, making them targets for hackers.

Police have now stormed the office of a Christchurch cryptocurrency trader after millions of dollars worth of currency appears to have disappeared in a security breach.

"Some of the exchanges in New Zealand deliberately won't hold cryptocurrencies on behalf of people because they just become a target for hackers."
Show me a peer to peer centralized exchange that doesn't hold cryptocurrency on behalf of people.

Their main expert they keep quoting Associate Professor Alex Sims is a associate professor of law. Some of her reported assertions about crypto technology have not been accurate or out of context.

Either she does not have the technical insight, Stuff has been reporting her comments incorrectly or quoted the comments out of context..[/s]

Your quotes imply I said them...

I did not.

If you are quoting someone else, please add the website to your post.

Your questions appear to be directed at someone else - perhaps you should direct your anger at that person, not me.

Winstar78

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 08:46:20 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I don't want to spread FUD and sadness, but I was thinking...

Think at the owner of an exchange that has been hacked, therefore has totally lost users' trust. He has (?) million of dollars on cold wallets and he perfectly knows that when will reopen, ppl will run to withdraw EVERYTHING and go trade elsewhere. He will face very hard months, in addition in a bear market that has already killed some exchanges. If you were him, what would you do?  Wink
tutorialevideo
Legendary

Activity: 1161
Merit: 1001

Don`t invest more than you can afford to lose

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 09:06:46 PM

Think at the owner of an exchange that has been hacked, therefore has totally lost users' trust. He has (?) million of dollars on cold wallets and he perfectly knows that when will reopen, ppl will run to withdraw EVERYTHING and go trade elsewhere. He will face very hard months, in addition in a bear market that has already killed some exchanges. If you were him, what would you do?  Wink

Same Smiley

Hosting Bitcoin and any mining gear in Europe/Romania.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5228685.msg53918147#msg53918147

For more info you can write me!
xtraelv
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:50:04 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2019, 12:09:50 AM by xtraelv

Archived for future reference: http://archive.fo/U2t1E#selection-7247.0-7323.137

Either she does not have the technical insight, Stuff has been reporting her comments incorrectly or quoted the comments out of context..[/s]

Your quotes imply I said them...

I did not.

If you are quoting someone else, please add the website to your post.

Your questions appear to be directed at someone else - perhaps you should direct your anger at that person, not me.

By removing the formatting you are misquoting me. Your archive shows the formatting.

It is clear that stuff.co.nz said those things and not you. My response is directed at the website that you are quoting and the expert they are quoting.

There is no anger involved. Just frustration because I'm keen to understand the facts rather than reading fiction.

Stuff.co.nz (as they often do) have removed some of the quotes from their news articles (so it is pointless linking t them)  since but third party sites are still quoting them.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:05:54 AM

When Cryptopia announced they were going to "allow" people to withdraw a portion of their holdings after they suffered 100+ 51% attacks and froze the accounts for multiple months I suggested on my Twitter Account that people withdraw all their funds on Cryptopia as they (Cryptopia) were effectively trading while insolvent.

With multiple class actions being flagged against Cryptopia it stands to reason a liquidator would be called in to ensure creditors were paid out first followed by depositors a distant last place.

Anyone who predicts Cryptopia will somehow reopen in February 2019 doesn't understand the magnitude of what is going on. (feel free to remind me in just 22 days time)

@xtraelv Your screen shot again implies I said those things. I did not.  Please quote your source.

Winstar78

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 03:12:27 PM

When Cryptopia announced they were going to "allow" people to withdraw a portion of their holdings after they suffered 100+ 51% attacks and froze the accounts for multiple months I suggested on my Twitter Account that people withdraw all their funds on Cryptopia as they (Cryptopia) were effectively trading while insolvent.

With multiple class actions being flagged against Cryptopia it stands to reason a liquidator would be called in to ensure creditors were paid out first followed by depositors a distant last place.

Anyone who predicts Cryptopia will somehow reopen in February 2019 doesn't understand the magnitude of what is going on. (feel free to remind me in just 22 days time)

@xtraelv Your screen shot again implies I said those things. I did not.  Please quote your source.

unfortunately I did not read your twitter post so I did not reduce my cryptopia exposition.

if cryptopia will bankrupt, no money for us. AND, your words make me think the hack as an excuse more probable. Remember, bear market is killing exchanges. Or better: they simply don't have so much convenience in continuing business besides doing an exit scam. Probably I am mad in continuing to have 100% of my funds on different exchanges.
Pages: « 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: