Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172887 times)
StephenJH

Activity: 1442
Merit: 521

No more Rekt and Bust

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 05:52:29 PM

I just noticed the status pages for BTC/LTC/ETH actually use the word "haircut"  Shocked

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=LTC

Currency 57% secured, 43% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=BTC

Currency 86% secured, 14% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/CoinInfo/?coin=ETH

Currency 0% secured, 100% haircut processed, Withdrawal and Deposits offline until new hot wallets are ready

As I had a 14% btc haircut, what does this mean? That 100% of ETH are gone? ( In the hypothesis those are not progress percentage but the amount of haircut. ) AND, in that case, how could the whole hack be 10% if the biggest coins are devastated ?

They stated they had a MAJOR LOSS OF FUNDS. What did you morons think would happen, that you would get it all back?Huh Time to wake up!!

Most of the shitcoins are untouched, but LTC is hurt bad and ETH is killed off, BTC 14%. So yeah, probably about 10% all in all.
Did they send you an email about recovering the funds? I sent emails several times about leaked data but the support team doesn't respond back to these requests.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FortuneJack.
  ▄█▄        █           ▄
 ▄████▄▄ ▄▄▀▀██▄▄      ▄███
█▄███████▄▄██████▄▄▄█████
 █▄██████▌▀▄▄███▀▄▄▄▀▀██
  ▄▀████ █▄██▄██▄▄▄▄▀██
   ▀▀▄▀███▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀█████▀▄
     ████▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▄█
    ▐▌▄█████▀   ▄▄▄█▄▄  ███
     ▀█▄▀█▀▀▄  ████▀███▄▀
       ▐▌▄ ▄█▄█▀██▌ ▀▄
       █▄████▀▀    ▄▄▄█▄
        ▀▄▄▀▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
           ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ BY
HACKSAW
G  A  M  I  N  G
          ▄▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▀▀██▄▄█▄▄
   ▄█▀████████▄▀▀██▄
▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄█████▐███▄
▀██▄▀█▀▀▀▀███▀▀▐▌
█▄██▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀██▄██▐▌
▐▀▀▄▀▀▀▀  ▀  ▀█▀████▀
 ▀█▀  ▐▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀ ▄▀██▄
 █  ▄██████████▄  ▄█▄
▐▌▀▀█████████████████
▐▌ ▐  ▀▌   ▀  ▀██▀▄█
 ▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄▄▀▀
   ▀▀▄▄█▀▀█▄▄▄▄█▀▀
|
....OVER $2,000,000!....
ALREADY GIVEN AWAY
IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS
....PLAY NOW....
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BenTheAnonMod

Activity: 70
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 08:12:01 PM

What did I say from the beginning? HAIRCUT.   H A I R C U T. The "funny" thing is, my mgo tokens (affected) have not been cut, the BTC (theorically not affected) were cut.
A lot of wallets are still offline, don't rejoice too soon.

FFS Cryptopia are not running away they're facing the problem and solving it pretty damn well so far.
What's the practical difference between running away and not running away and announcing your coins are stolen, tough luck, we've taken what was yours.

As I had a 14% btc haircut, what does this mean? That 100% of ETH are gone? ( In the hypothesis those are not progress percentage but the amount of haircut. ) AND, in that case, how could the whole hack be 10% if the biggest coins are devastated ?
The percentage means the amount stolen or missing. All of your holdings in an affected coin have been reduced with that percent. For ETH, any ETH you had (100%) was removed from your account by Cryptopia.

It's a mystery how they had calculated that low amount, but obviously it's not right. Probably they converted all coins in NZD equivalent. Which is purely theorethical, as you can't practically sell that amount and not influence price. And not taking into account price movement in 2 months. ETH and LTC have increased in fiat 20% and 100%, respectively.

They didn't take what was yours, Users simply assumed only ETH/ERC20 was affected. So far (as other coins are still 'Offline' and haven't been checked yet) BTC and LTC were also affected along with ETH, with possibly other coins as they progress through the wallets.

Even folks accusing me of not losing anything, happy to post a screenshot of exactly what I lost just to shut you up.

Nice to see the Bitcointalk FUD engine back up and running away with crazy theories. Stay classy, folks. What a mess this forum has become.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 11:37:48 PM

What did I say from the beginning? HAIRCUT.   H A I R C U T. The "funny" thing is, my mgo tokens (affected) have not been cut, the BTC (theorically not affected) were cut.

FFS Cryptopia are not running away they're facing the problem and solving it pretty damn well so far.
What's the practical difference between running away and not running away and announcing your coins are stolen, tough luck, we've taken what was yours.

The percentage means the amount stolen or missing. All of your holdings in an affected coin have been reduced with that percent. For ETH, any ETH you had (100%) was removed from your account by Cryptopia.

It's a mystery how they had calculated that low amount, but obviously it's not right. Probably they converted all coins in NZD equivalent. Which is purely theorethical, as you can't practically sell that amount and not influence price. And not taking into account price movement in 2 months. ETH and LTC have increased in fiat 20% and 100%, respectively.

They didn't take what was yours, Users simply assumed only ETH/ERC20 was affected. So far (as other coins are still 'Offline' and haven't been checked yet) BTC and LTC were also affected along with ETH, with possibly other coins as they progress through the wallets.

Even folks accusing me of not losing anything, happy to post a screenshot of exactly what I lost just to shut you up.

Nice to see the Bitcointalk FUD engine back up and running away with crazy theories. Stay classy, folks. What a mess this forum has become.

so the detective/police thingy was just a show..if lost coins are just being discovered and about to be discovered.

NZ police can't do shit, it was/is a home court advantage for these crooks, they know it, the path to these investigations are already laid in front of them and it is a dead end  Wink ...I wouldn't be surprised if the hacker was not caught or the funds not retrieved hehe

cryptsy big vern have to exit scam because he need it all..how much is BTC back then? 300$ more or less hehe...today you just have to buy low or sell high self-hack scam  Cheesy
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 11:48:40 PM

so the detective/police thingy was just a show..if lost coins are just being discovered and about to be discovered.

NZ police can't do shit, it was/is a home court advantage for these crooks, they know it, the path to these investigations are already laid in front of them and it is a dead end  Wink ...I wouldn't be surprised if the hacker was not caught or the funds not retrieved hehe

cryptsy big vern have to exit scam because he need it all..how much is BTC back then? 300$ more or less hehe...today you just have to buy low or sell high self-hack scam  Cheesy

The serial FUDers coming out in force again, this is why no one takes this forum seriously.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 19, 2019, 11:53:24 PM

The serial FUDers coming out in force again, this is why no one takes this forum seriously.

yup specially after the so called "police lock down" was ended and cryptopia team are now able to access the facilities, doing their "securing of wallets" and coins missing are piling up hehe
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:06:26 AM

yup specially after the so called "police lock down" was ended and cryptopia team are now able to access the facilities, doing their "securing of wallets" and coins missing are piling up hehe

3 coins so far out of 459... exaggerating too now?
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:11:18 AM

its not the variety of coins it is how many coins were lost and it's value....it can only just be 1 coin (BTC) and all hell breaks loose
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:19:04 AM

its not the variety of coins it is how many coins were lost and it's value....it can only just be 1 coin (BTC) and all hell breaks loose

Already back tracking, why bother with comments like these. You guys just post crap then back track immediately when called on it, getting boring
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:30:21 AM

Already back tracking, why bother with comments like these. You guys just post crap then back track immediately when called on it, getting boring

didn't just BTC and LTC was added to the ETH hack?

here is a funny thing..

ETH hack 100%,  but why only certain percentage lost to BTC and LTC?? the hacker choose to just take a slice off the pie?  Roll Eyes
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:39:32 AM

here is a funny thing..

ETH hack 100%,  but why only certain percentage lost to BTC and LTC?? the hacker choose to just take a slice off the pie?  Roll Eyes

Rather hear from Cryptopia first when information becomes available than listen to speculation/FUD from users in here.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:47:55 AM

here is a funny thing..

Rather hear from Cryptopia first when information becomes available than listen to speculation/FUD from users in here.

you..yourself is a speculation BenTheAnonMod, the unofficial cryptopia prick around here
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:50:03 AM

"TheAnonMod" was a reference to something someone said in here which I thought was funny.

Resorting to name calling again I see, such quality posts in here....
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 12:58:52 AM

"TheAnonMod" was a reference to something someone said in here which I thought was funny.

Resorting to name calling again I see, such quality posts in here....

this is more like it..

Nah I'm just "some anonymous mod on discord"

because I don't just believe all the shit Craptopia is spewing out, both official and unofficial statements here.
BenTheAnonMod

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 01:04:53 AM

Again, having a laugh at what people called me on here.

You'd also notice that I'm a moderator in https://www.reddit.com/r/Cryptopia/ as well as https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptopiaOfficial/ ....

But hey, just an Anonymous discord mod right Wink
ankit10

Activity: 952
Merit: 267

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 02:56:51 AM

here is a funny thing..

ETH hack 100%,  but why only certain percentage lost to BTC and LTC?? the hacker choose to just take a slice off the pie?  Roll Eyes
Maybe his bags are full of money  Grin
or maybe cryptopia team came to know what is happening and they locked their site and fund.
or maybe he doesn't have much time to withdraw funds from different wallets.  Grin

There are many "maybe" those are known by cryptopia and NZ police only, for now.
four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2019, 05:58:27 AM

Do it!

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
Labrader

Activity: 224
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 08:43:18 AM

They didn't take what was yours, Users simply assumed only ETH/ERC20 was affected.

Every coin and token I have on Cryptopia is mine. My property. Cryptopia is just a custodian. I gave to them to keep it in order to trade with it. For this they get the commission. The moment they haircut my balance they took my property. Without my consent. The fact that someone else may have stolen something from them is THEIR RESPONSIBILITY. Not mine. I'm not partners with them when sharing profit. How come they thought we'd be partners in sharing loss?

If they took my balance and I'm sharing the loss, then it means I'm partner now. So they should have issued me Cryptopia shares, not some IOU at a fake low value. What am I supposed to do with the IOU? Can I get my property back? No.
usahero

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 08:54:29 AM

Hello

I saw many eth tokens stolen in some random analysis but I haven't seen Tusd stolen. Tusd is also a token. Has anyone any idea if tusd was stolen? I guess the company behind tusd could block those transactions and return them to cryptopia.
HardFireMiner

Activity: 872
Merit: 120

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:01:12 AM

I am sorry that the bitcointalk users did not met your expectations about the reputable exchange that hired you. Apparently, people tend to get mad when their money is hijacked for 8+ weeks, they are so ungrateful, the haircut was designed to make people look better, not mad Sad .  

█  █  █  █    / / / / / / / /    Play Games, Earn Crypto!         █  █  █    \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \    Start Earning NOW by Playing Mind Improving Games!     █  █  █  █     \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \  Best Crypto Earning Games for Office Workers!       █  █  █  █  Free Withdrawals of BTC, Doge and ETH 
RivAngE

Activity: 728
Merit: 169

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger

View Profile
March 20, 2019, 09:11:37 AM

This is getting better and better!
  • First they lock your coins with "maintenances"
  • Then they bring down the site because of a hack
  • Then they reopen the site, having traded people's coins for bellow their current value for a "promise" without value
  • And yesterday they suddenly re-enable trading without a prior notice and without the option to deposit and withdraw, allowing themselves to sell the shitcoins they hold (and have now dropped in value) to people who haven't cancelled their old orders; selling them in the old price in cases where it was higher or buying the cheap in cases where it's now more expensive.

I was of the opinion that Cryptopia is not doing shading business and they're just a bit incompetent... maybe I should reevaluate this opinion of mine...
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: