Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:24:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 244 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptopia Cryptocurrency Platform Services and Development  (Read 172888 times)
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 08:01:44 AM

Tradesatoshi.com belongs to Adam Clark.
Well he is also one of the owners of the now bancrupt exchange cryptopia.
All victims of cryptopia know now how they were cheated.
After the hack around 15% of funds were lost.
But most of the remaining cryptos were not able to be traded or withdrawn afterwards.
So Cryptopia made mode damage than the hackers.
False and missing information from the scammers at cryptopia.
All Funds inside are now lost.
But until the last day they allowed deposits, so they rose the damage.
Just keep that in mind, if you trade on tradesatoshi.com with at least one of the same guys...and think twice if you can trust them....

As far as I am aware Tradesatoshi does not belong to Adam Clark.

Francesco Alibrandi started Tradesatoshi and paid Adam Clark for the code to set up an exchange. Since then the exchange has changed a lot and has other site developers.
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09878766/officers

Since then Tradesatoshi moved its jurisdiction from the UK to HK.
According to the HK company records Francesco Alibrandi is still the sole director.

nice of you to point out that scammers worked with a scammer hehe. you know "birds of the same feather flock together"..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BOoOBa

Activity: 27
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 09:55:00 AM
Last edit: May 23, 2019, 02:49:00 PM by BOoOBa

Cryptopia’s stolen crypto apparently found on exchanges from https://coingeek.com/cryptopias-stolen-crypto-apparently-found-on-exchanges/
New Zealand-based cryptocurrency exchange Cryptopia was reportedly hacked not once, but twice this past January. “Millions of dollars” in crypto was lost, including Ether (ETH) and Centrality (CENNZ). Cryptopia went dark shortly after the malicious activity in an effort to repair the damage and put everything back in order, only to finally succumb to its wounds last week and be placed in a coffin. The crypto community wasn’t ready to give up the hunt for what happened to the funds, and many of them have reportedly now been found.

According to Elementus, a blockchain analysis company, Cryptopia lost about $16 million in total, with hackers getting away with ETH, CENNZ, Lisk ML, Pillar, Enjin Coin, LINA and many more. A tweet by AMLT Token & Network from a few days ago indicates how the coins were distributed, stating, “As the #CryptopiaHack story continues to unfold, almost all tokens landed on major exchanges while the #ETH still sits on a hackers address according to @Coinfirm_io coinfirm.com. Below is @0xProject $ZRX @KyberNetwork $KNC @PowerLedger_io $powr going to exchanges.”

The tweet included a graph of crypto movements, assumedly showing how the different currencies were being spread.

A later tweet by Confirm stated that 10 ETH – out of the 30,790 that were stolen – ended up on “major crypto exchanges.” It didn’t, however, specify to which exchanges the funds were sent, only offering, “The #Cryptopia hacker just moved funds to a major #crypto exchange according to Coinfirm! The hacker sent 30790 #ETH (~$7.67M) to a new address (Yellow) and then sent 10 ETH (~$2500) to an exchange address (green) that then landed on their Hot Wallet.”

The tracking of the stolen funds has become an obsession with some crypto enthusiasts and analysts because there is a working theory that Cryptopia was never hacked. It is theorized that it was an inside job, a suggestion reiterated by Reddit user “seemee89,” who stated, “It’s easy to understand. Cryptopia can’t follow legal frameworks. Cryptopia pays hackers to hack exchange or they ‘hack’ themselves. Cryptopia closes the company and founders are swimming with dolphins on Fiji with Eth and [Bitcoin Core] earned. So, this Eth is actually not hackers ownership but founder ownership, right?”

Great! Why doesn't Cryptopia open access to the remaining wallets? My nephew would be happy to get his coins back.

Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 10:18:26 AM

whale alerts has today many messages about stolen ETH sent to HUOBI.
TheCryproMaster

Activity: 410
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 11:11:24 AM

From personal experience Huobi are a bunch of inbred dog fucking cunts that would sell their first born to a fucking paedo sex ring for a quick buck. They wont stop the sale of these coins. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a good percentage kick back.

Prove me wrong Leon you degenerate fucker show us your spine is not made of your boyfriends wank juice.

kostepanych2

Activity: 1274
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 02:39:37 PM

Nice business plan for crypto exchange:

1) Steal 10% of funds from yourself.
2) Declare the bankruptcy.
3) Steal the rest 90% of user coins.
4) Profit!

And if Cryptopia owners will not go to jail for that - this plan is totally legal...

Some part of earned profit may be spent for creating a new exchange and repeating this scheme...
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2019, 03:40:22 PM

4) Profit!

And if Cryptopia owners will not go to jail for that - this plan is totally legal...

Some part of earned profit may be spent for creating a new exchange and repeating this scheme...

1) = 14% of funds not 10% Cheesy

This is the reason why crypto is having a bad name in the majority of new comers in the crypto world. Someone has to spend a jail time from cryptopia founders for this mess to set an example that scam exchange has no place on the crypto industry.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
DADIBLAND

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 22, 2019, 07:42:19 PM

The issue of piracy is a deliberate process
xtraelv
Legendary

Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 08:47:50 AM

Looks like the stolen Ethereum is on the move and being laundered on Huobi

How do you know it's stolen from Cryptopia? They never posted any TX and never disclosed any amount stolen. All they said was "significant" and "9.4% of total holdings". Why do you think they kept these a secret, I'm interested to hear your opinion.

As long as nobody from Cryptopia indicated ETH was stolen, I don't think it's up for us to say so. Why should we accredit the ideea of stolen, when there are other equally probable situations?

I know it is stolen because the users that had Ethereum on Cryptopia had 100% of their Ethereum "exchanged" for the  Cryptopia Loss Marker(CLM) token. Indicating to me that 100% of the Ethereum was taken.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Winstar78

Activity: 365
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:22:04 AM

Huobi has frozen 30k ETH coming from cryptopia. That should be a good news.

Has the hacker really been so stupid?
TheCryproMaster

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 10:19:29 AM

If this is the case I retract my tirade above and very sincerely apologise to Huobi and will send them my thanks shortly.
xtraelv
Legendary

Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 02:38:03 PM

Hackers often don't care as long as some of their funds go through. They often loose large amounts in the hope of laundering some.

They cannot use it if they don't launder it.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
Z7Z7

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 04:41:00 PM

Used to work for cryptopia.

Just a FYI- The wallets for the crap coins will probably never get back up. They dont have enough ppl left to get them running. If a coin had been in maintenance for ages before the hack then it probably had been 51%d. Shit like dbix, pak, Megacoin, xpd. They announced a few 51s but were hiding others.
All the eth and a lot of eth tokens were taken as they were in the same wallet.
I dont remember signing an NDA, ask me anything lol

four3200

Activity: 1246
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2019, 05:02:44 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2019, 03:05:49 AM by four3200

@Z7Z7

Any perspective on why the CEO left around october?

"All the eth and a lot of eth tokens were taken as they were in the same wallet."
AKA the hotwallet, WTF kind of bs is that??
The security was really that dumb, #2 most valuable asset ETH (+the tokens) all kept in one honeypot?

@xtraelv
Why are you still running cover for yet another crytopia related scam.

Their TOS say they are subject to HK law.

https://tradesatoshi.com/Home/Terms

They are registered in Hong Kong

https://www.icris.cr.gov.hk/csci/

@sad Dam

Intranel, major shareholders in failed exchange @Cryptopia_NZ changes name to Monstar and partners with Centrality, PwC and ANZ to form https://www.chainfinancial.io/
https://twitter.com/sa_ddam213

‏ @sa_ddam213
May 22

WOW reporting today has really gone down hill

"Arguably, Clark hasn’t worked on Cryptopia since February 2018"
"One would assume, then, that the founder of a hacked, shuttered exchange, wouldn’t try again so quickly."

Well done Coindesk

■▐ ▎▬▬▬▬▬▬ 8 YEAR CROWDSALE▐ ▎■BUY UNO ▬▬▬▬▬▬▐ ▎■
bigDog9kiloasicTALKTop-apocalypse#420jfa#PR0#form#coin#POSpoll#simpleDEX #open🐢
ethersalvation

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:04:13 PM

or may be the ethical hacker were better than them discovering a good way to block them..Smiley
sisquo2121

Activity: 127
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 05:32:11 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2019, 09:01:59 PM by sisquo2121

4) Profit!

1) = 14% of funds not 10% Cheesy

This is the reason why crypto is having a bad name in the majority of new comers in the crypto world. Someone has to spend a jail time from cryptopia founders for this mess to set an example that scam exchange has no place on the crypto industry.

They lost a max of 9.4%  which means they lost about 5% of the coins. They are now trying to legally keep the other 95% of the coins, which probably total 300 million usd.

The new zealand laws should protect the customer because it is clear those coins are held in trust and not the property of crypotpia to be disposed of for cents on the dollar.

This is a stain on new zealand to not have laws that are clearly defined that protect customers assets held by an exchange.

This means if you do business in new zealand don't expect any protection from the laws because they are a third world sewer that doesn't care about customers legal rights to their own property.

It would take a week to secure all the coins and allow customers to withdraw them from the site. The customers should have exactly one month to withdraw their coins and any left over after the month is over can be sold off and dispersed to other parties involved.

Most coins on the site are not stolen and are not apart of a 51% attack, they are small caps coins that have actual legitimate value and should be treated as being very valuable.

We demand those coins be returned immediately to the customers.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 06:06:29 PM

https://decryptmedia.com/7132/cryptopia-hack-liquidation-new-exchange

https://www.coindesk.com/collapsed-cryptopia-exchange-founder-wants-you-to-put-funds-in-his-new-project

who wants to trade there? LOL  Grin
TheCryproMaster

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 09:27:42 PM

Just a FYI- The wallets for the crap coins will probably never get back up. They dont have enough ppl left to get them running. If a coin had been in maintenance for ages before the hack then it probably had been 51%d. Shit like dbix, pak, Megacoin, xpd. They announced a few 51s but were hiding others.

Just so you're not BS, I bike down Montreal St regularly, what building was opposite you guys and Chch related what fast food chain has got a drive thru attached to the paknsave?

Answer that correctly then I'll believe your answer to this question. What was the catalyst to split Adam and Rob? Why did Rob leave, it would have to be something huge for them to have that massive a fallout. Did he take any staff with him and is it possible the split could have given a salty employee reason to activate code to steal coins, the Jan hack?
Z7Z7

Activity: 2

View Profile
May 23, 2019, 11:57:00 PM
Merited by TheCryproMaster (1)

Just so you're not BS, I bike down Montreal St regularly, what building was opposite you guys and Chch related what fast food chain has got a drive thru attached to the paknsave?

Answer that correctly then I'll believe your answer to this question. What was the catalyst to split Adam and Rob? Why did Rob leave, it would have to be something huge for them to have that massive a fallout. Did he take any staff with him and is it possible the split could have given a salty employee reason to activate code to steal coins, the Jan hack?

The Montreal st place is across from allpress and is where intranel is. There is a bk next to the moorhouse countdown but I can't think of a paknsave with a drivethru. The new new world on moorhouse is very nice.

The ceo was awful at business lol. They contracted ppl from intranel who got a share of the company but intranel staff was removed November last year. They couldn't afford to keep paying them contractor rates. That was the main drama with Rob leaving then coming back when they left. Rob didn't like the changes they were making to the site. I'm sure he is reading this and can correct me. I'm not going to comment on possible hack suspects.
bradock

Activity: 268
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:19:23 AM

lol gonna scam again ?

https://cryptonomist.ch/en/2019/05/22/cryptopia-founder-exchange-assetylene/
TheCryproMaster

View Profile
May 24, 2019, 03:55:37 AM

The Montreal st place is across from allpress and is where intranel is. There is a bk next to the moorhouse countdown but I can't think of a paknsave with a drivethru. The new new world on moorhouse is very nice.

The ceo was awful at business lol. They contracted ppl from intranel who got a share of the company but intranel staff was removed November last year. They couldn't afford to keep paying them contractor rates. That was the main drama with Rob leaving then coming back when they left. Rob didn't like the changes they were making to the site. I'm sure he is reading this and can correct me. I'm not going to comment on possible hack suspects.

Thanks for the reply. You check out my friend indeed wanted to catch you out re the drive thru and yes bk correct, nothing attached to Paknsave(only low stickman prices). NW is pretty flash eh, good bakery.

Expansion, too quick, too fast, no backend admin in process, bringing in jerks to do the marketing spiel.

Fuck its a shame, could see Crypto and IT growing really well in this town. Stupid stupid fucks. They could ride out the hack that was a piss in the ocean but so many times the big wigs get the expansion bollocks waved in their faces and go out buying brand new Life chairs $1000 a pop in their flash new offices.

Shame you're out of a job, hope payroll went through. You reckon there's any chance of someone buying the business and carrying on? That's a very big handy database of crypto customers.

Pages: « 1 ... 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 [190] 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ... 244 »
  Print  

Jump to: