Bitcoin Forum
January 19, 2017, 02:44:28 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any CPU mineable coin that it is profitable?  (Read 1605 times)
Abiky

Activity: 602

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:47:25 PM

most virus protection (especially corporate setups) will detect the miner as unwanted and probably not allow this at all....

I would suggest looking at cpu's like Intel L5335... The TDP is quite low for being a quad core...  I even ran the CPU algos on my SLAED models (same as L5335, but 3.0Ghz and not an L-series) and they performed quite well, but the power draw went up quite a bit.

CPU mining is hard to be profitable when you pay for your own power.  The only machines that truly make good use if the power are multiple processor machines due to the fact that the overhead power consumption is less than if you has separate machines per-cpu.

Even the SOC type CPU's or ultra low power mobile CPU's just don't make enough alone to justify running them when power is paid for.  The figures just don't add up to anything but a negative....

if you are paying .03c/kwh, then by all means, mine with anything you can....

Great. Thanks for sharing your recommendations when doing CPU mining. As it would turn out unprofitable to mine any coin with a CPU, it is best to just do this task for fun and learning, rather than making some serious money out of it.

Unless you have an old PC lying around which still works, then I suggest that you mine all you can with it until it dies. In my case, I'm lucky to run the miner software at a college PC, without interference from antivirus software nor network access by doing so. Since I don't pay a cent for electricity by using the PC, then it can be seen as a way of making free money. Just my thoughts.  Smiley

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JaredKaragen

Activity: 490

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:49:56 AM

Yep... I don't pay for my electricity at home, it's a part of my fixed rent.  So I utilize what I can by having my old Athalon X2 64 machines, and early generation i5/i7 laptops/machines running with extra forced-air cooling....   Typically I wouldn't do it.... but there are some scenarios.   It's nice getting a steady trickle of 0.00000015-0.000000105 all day on top of the bigger 0.000019 per block reward of the GPU coins my home miners bring in.

The secondary reason I run them especially in the winter is the heat =)

iqbal26

Activity: 112

Bitzco [https://bitzco.net/]

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 04:02:39 AM

Try mining magicoin (XMG) , i used core i7 mining xmg perday get 10 - 20 xmg but rate now just 20 - 40K satoshis perday , or you can try using VPS for mining xmg

JaredKaragen

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:21:43 AM

Try mining magicoin (XMG) , i used core i7 mining xmg perday get 10 - 20 xmg but rate now just 20 - 40K satoshis perday , or you can try using VPS for mining xmg
Ive had the best results with xevan recently.  XMG didn't pull the same profits. (I use an auto-exchange pool)

iqbal26

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 04:26:07 AM

Ive had the best results with xevan recently.  XMG didn't pull the same profits. (I use an auto-exchange pool)

what pool you used, maybe i can try for mining xevan

JaredKaragen

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 04:31:08 AM

http://zpool.ca

I use cpuminer-opt 3.4.11

There is a core i7 build that works well with those CPU's.

morantis

Activity: 462

Not Suitable for All Audiences

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 04:34:01 AM

not a guaranteed profit, but mine many of the new coins that come out for a short period and then shut the wallet down, but keep it on the hard drive.  new coins, wallet, data and all, sit at less than 10-50 mb.  you can collect quite a few in short period and many newer coins can be mined for a couple days and produce 100,000 coins.  if any of these hit an exchange and hit even 150 sat, then you have made a nice small profit.

iqbal26

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 05:00:28 AM

http://zpool.ca

I use cpuminer-opt 3.4.11

There is a core i7 build that works well with those CPU's.
okey thaks bro

Abiky

Activity: 602

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
Today at 01:37:13 AM

Yep... I don't pay for my electricity at home, it's a part of my fixed rent.  So I utilize what I can by having my old Athalon X2 64 machines, and early generation i5/i7 laptops/machines running with extra forced-air cooling....   Typically I wouldn't do it.... but there are some scenarios.   It's nice getting a steady trickle of 0.00000015-0.000000105 all day on top of the bigger 0.000019 per block reward of the GPU coins my home miners bring in.

The secondary reason I run them especially in the winter is the heat =)

Winter is definitely the best season to mine any kind of cryptocurrency. You spend less effort and cost setting up cooling solutions, to keep your mining rig performing at optimum conditions. It is nice to put old PCs to good use, as you would be contributing to any CPU cryptocurrency's network security. I usually put up an old HP laptop I have lying around to mine CryptoNote coins like Bytecoin and Monero, as well as use the computers at college to do CPU mining in my spare time.  Roll Eyes

not a guaranteed profit, but mine many of the new coins that come out for a short period and then shut the wallet down, but keep it on the hard drive.  new coins, wallet, data and all, sit at less than 10-50 mb.  you can collect quite a few in short period and many newer coins can be mined for a couple days and produce 100,000 coins.  if any of these hit an exchange and hit even 150 sat, then you have made a nice small profit.

Yeah. Even though mining these coins are not profitable, they are still fun to mine and hold up for the long term, in case it spikes in price sometime in the future. Since CPU mining is accessible from within almost any PC or mobile device, it is very ideal to secure CPU mineable cryptocurrencies, while at the same time earning some spare cash along the way.

Good old PCs are very useful for CPU mining, in my own opinion, as you can put them up to good use to secure cryptocurrencies, as well as getting the most money out of it. Just my thoughts.  Grin

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇