Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:45:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Announcement] Pay Your Rent (Directly) In Bitcoin  (Read 1838 times)
AEPropMgmt (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 04:13:43 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 04:25:23 AM by BadBear

Hello Everyone,

I wanted you all to be the first to know about AE Property Management accepting bitcoin for rent:

(from https://www.aepropertymanage.com/index.html#news)

AE Property Management is now accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment for rent payments on any home it manages.

“It is with great pleasure that we announce our full acceptance of Bitcoin. We are eager to help anyone who wants to use bitcoin to invest with us or to rent a home. Stay tuned for more exciting developments unfolding with regards to Bitcoin,” says CEO and Founder Larry Dean Silvey.

“At the same time that I decided to invest in it myself, I knew I wanted to accept it in my business,” explains Silvey. “I think it makes sense. I believe it is the future, and I like that it cannot bounce or be charged back.”

Critics of Bitcoin often cite price volatility as a potential barrier to acceptance for business owners. But Silvey is unfazed: “I think it is more valuable than the dollar. At this point, I am not concerned about volatility.”

“Getting set up to accept a new currency was relatively simple. We were up and running in a matter of days. I had the help of my partner, Colin Osterman, and my web designer, Web Works.”

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:17:04 PM

Holy mackerel!
fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 04:20:58 PM

Mods: Please move to the Service Announcements subforum.

Hello Everyone,

I wanted you all to be the first to know about AE Property Management accepting bitcoin for rent:

(from https://www.aepropertymanage.com/index.html#news)

AE Property Management is now accepting Bitcoin as a method of payment for rent payments on any home it manages.

“It is with great pleasure that we announce our full acceptance of Bitcoin. We are eager to help anyone who wants to use bitcoin to invest with us or to rent a home. Stay tuned for more exciting developments unfolding with regards to Bitcoin,” says CEO and Founder Larry Dean Silvey.

“At the same time that I decided to invest in it myself, I knew I wanted to accept it in my business,” explains Silvey. “I think it makes sense. I believe it is the future, and I like that it cannot bounce or be charged back.”

Critics of Bitcoin often cite price volatility as a potential barrier to acceptance for business owners. But Silvey is unfazed: “I think it is more valuable than the dollar. At this point, I am not concerned about volatility.”

“Getting set up to accept a new currency was relatively simple. We were up and running in a matter of days. I had the help of my partner, Colin Osterman, and my web designer, Web Works.”

This is so cool, I am originally from TN but never lived in Memphis. Now I am interested just because of this!
c1010010

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:22:08 PM

Nice.  Really good idea.  And a bold step, if I may say so myself.

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
Azure

Activity: 475

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:24:36 PM

Interesting!

mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 04:37:52 PM

Very Nice.  Thank you for your commitment to Bitcoin.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
strikegold

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 04:41:50 PM

i guess they see this as a big investment opportunity
anyway great news  Smiley
BobsBurgers

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:46:27 PM

Wish I could pay my rent in bitcoins!
currybit

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:48:07 PM

Amazing!
djole

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:01:10 PM

Can somebody explain me how is BTC expected to become a worldwide adopted currency if its value is abnormally fluctuating ?

Is it because it's a new currency that is still in its early evolving stage ? Will it become more stabile in the future ?

One more thing is bothering me also... If there are now 10.000.000 BTC coins in turnover and every 10 minutes there are new BTC produced, wouldn't that produce inflation instead of deflation ?

Am i missing something ?

hubbabubbabaker

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Sometimes - history needs a push.

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:05:25 PM

Great to see more businesses adopting. Hopefully this starts a snowball effect.

"To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy." -Sun Tzu
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:44:18 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2013, 07:12:27 PM by DannyHamilton

- snip -
Is it because it's a new currency that is still in its early evolving stage ?

That is the current belief.

Will it become more stabile in the future ?

That is the hope or expectation.

One more thing is bothering me also... If there are now 10.000.000 BTC coins in turnover and every 10 minutes there are new BTC produced, wouldn't that produce inflation instead of deflation ?

Yes, the only way to increase the supply of currency is to inflate the supply of currency, therefore bitcoin is currently in a period of supply inflation.  However, because the rate of adoption of bitcoin is outpacing the rate of supply inflation, it is experiencing a period of price deflation (you spend less bitcoin to get the same amount of stuff).  The inflation schedule is such that right now 25 new bitcoins are produced approximately every 10 minutes.  In a bit less than 4 years that will be reduced to 12.5 new bitcoins every 10 minutes.  Every 4 years the amount of new bitcoins that are produced will continue to be reduced.  Eventually the amount of bitcoins that are lost/destroyed will outpace the new creation.  From then on bitcoin will be in a period of supply deflation.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 06:59:02 PM

intresting
gacbmmml

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:06:50 PM

I dream of the day when every merchant and landlord accepts btc as payment.
djole

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 07:07:37 PM

- snip -
Is it because it's a new currency that is still in its early evolving stage ?

That is the current belief.

Will it become more stabile in the future ?

That is the hope or expectation.

Yes, the only way to increase the supply of currency is to inflate the supply of currency, therefore bitcoin is currently in a period of supply inflation.  However, because the rate of adoption of bitcoin is outpacing the rate of supply inflation, it is experiencing a period of price deflation (you spend less bitcoin to get the same about of stuff).  The inflation schedule is such that right now 25 new bitcoins are produced approximately every 10 minutes.  In a bit less than 4 years that will be reduced to 12.5 new bitcoins every 10 minutes.  Every 4 years the amount of new bitcoins that are produced will continue to be reduced.  Eventually the amount of bitcoins that are lost/destroyed will outpace the new creation.  From then on bitcoin will be in a period of supply deflation.

Got it now, thanks for explanation
Domrada

Activity: 254

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 10:11:02 PM

I can't wait for this to go national.

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
sega01

Activity: 391
Merit: 333

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:31:35 PM

This is terrific! You guys are awesome.

Just need to buy some properties here in San Antonio. I'd love to rent from you guys.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 09:55:23 PM

I'm glad to hear that you are accepting bitcoin! I would call the market/price right now volatile though.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:02:32 AM

This is very nice!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: