Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:12:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where else can we use ASIC machines?  (Read 2916 times)
btcjoin14

Activity: 891
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:21:17 AM

Think everyone else got it right here, they are designed for mining and mining alone. I think someone mentioned an engineer having the ability to disassemble it and use it for parts but I think that's about as far as you'll be able to get if you're thinking about other uses.

Well, if you are living in a very cold area then you could use the ASIC mining hardware to replace a heater. Plus you have the option to get paid Bitcoin or not while doing that.

ASIC's could also be used as a motor to power a small toy if you are interested in taking it a little bit further. You just need a battery to attach to it. I've also read that users on Bitcointalk have solar-powered mining devices that get paid as each day passes. With the proper wiring the ASIC mining rigs will be running on autopilot and you could introduce an Artificial Intelligence Chip to have the solar-powered system to run on its own and compute regular things quickly like math equations and even problem solve long questions.

Quantum Computer's aren't easy to obtain so these mining rig's compute the 3rd fastest.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coralreefer

Activity: 464
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 02:26:54 AM

I'm not sure there is much use for them, but i'm keeping a couple block erupters around as conversation pieces.
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 04:12:56 PM

I read somewhere that someone re-purposed a few for encryption (not cracking, generating). The rigs were still mining but it wasn't the bits rolling in that was important, the hashes were intercepted, recorded, and rearranged into new keys. Might be on-par with the AES-128 stuff
ArcCsch

Activity: 224
Merit: 117

▲ Portable backup power source for mining.

View Profile
February 04, 2017, 05:59:41 PM

I read somewhere that someone re-purposed a few for encryption (not cracking, generating). The rigs were still mining but it wasn't the bits rolling in that was important, the hashes were intercepted, recorded, and rearranged into new keys. Might be on-par with the AES-128 stuff
So they were using an ASIC as a high-output PRNG?
How much data were they encrypting?

If you don't have sole and complete control over the private keys, you don't have any bitcoin!  Signature campaigns are OK, zero tolorance for spam!
1JGYXhfhPrkiHcpYkiuCoKpdycPhGCuswa
vnvizow

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:56:58 AM

So they were using an ASIC as a high-output PRNG?
How much data were they encrypting?

As far as I know it was for a proof of concept, haven't been following it for a while but it was an interesting alternative use.
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 05, 2017, 04:59:50 AM

It's been asked hundreds of times and it's still the same answer: nothing. They can generate heat, solve hashes but other than that they are useless. If you manage to find a better use for them then we're all ears!
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 4917

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2017, 07:53:30 AM

Well, if you are living in a very cold area then you could use the ASIC mining hardware to replace a heater. Plus you have the option to get paid Bitcoin or not while doing that.

ASIC's could also be used as a motor to power a small toy if you are interested in taking it a little bit further. You just need a battery to attach to it. I've also read that users on Bitcointalk have solar-powered mining devices that get paid as each day passes. With the proper wiring the ASIC mining rigs will be running on autopilot and you could introduce an Artificial Intelligence Chip to have the solar-powered system to run on its own and compute regular things quickly like math equations and even problem solve long questions.

Quantum Computer's aren't easy to obtain so these mining rig's compute the 3rd fastest.

This is the first time i see somebody claiming you can use an asic as a motor. I don't really believe this. Please provide proof.

I've seen other people claiming they could use asics to solve math problems. I dont believe that either (afaik, asic can only be used fror generating sha256d hashes, don't see a lot of math problems needing such a feature). Please provide proof.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
VentMine

Activity: 236
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 06, 2017, 04:50:09 AM

This is the first time i see somebody claiming you can use an asic as a motor. I don't really believe this. Please provide proof.

[/quote]

The fan has a motor which can be re-purposed...

1ESSdoVYKm8sNtYMfdkFBajhAe2e6G8keH
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 02:57:46 PM

ASIC machines are specially manufactured machines for bitcoin mining. What else can we do with these machines. Are there any other areas where we can use these devices?

Just give it out to scrap dealers and earn some $$$ back. It's basically useless at this stage ( you can as well take out and sell the power supply unit and the cords while the rest go to scrap.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2017, 08:25:10 PM

Enough replies. I'm locking the thread to prevent it being used as a sigspam dumping ground.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: