Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:50:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 07:06:37 PM

UPDATE

We are currently developing and preparing the online claim form.  
We appreciate your patience as we work with limited resources.  
We regret not being able to do more as Instawallet was a free service (zero fees) and could not pay for additional resources.  
However, we would like to reassure you that we will have the claims processed in due time, by the end of the initial 90-day period.  
The claim form is schedule for delivery by Friday, April 12th.

Given that you have a pool of 42,000 of our BTC how about you put a little more effort in and try and calm some of your customers fears.   Angry

Have you, (or your lawyers), even looked at our questions?

GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS SOME RESPECT.

Instawallet users benefited from our free service (therefore are not our "customers" strictly speaking, especially if they wanted to stay anonymous) and will be paid back in full.
They trusted us with their bitcoins and their bitcoins are safe.
To hand out those bitcoins to the hacker now would be foolish hence the claim process I described.
I fail to see how we could have lacked respect towards instawallet users.
Any minute we spend responding to infuriated, threatening , sometimes defamatory posts (not yours) or PM on this forum is one less minute we have to clean up after the hack attempt.
Our determination to support bitcoin as a community-run monetary system is stronger than ever in spite of the attacks.

Thank you kindly for providing the police report reference number. Although I haven't seen where you posted said information, I'm sure you have, for my resources--time--have been limited to hunt it down. Would somebody be so kind who has more time on their hands link the post?

The post I've quoted above scares the motherfuckin' hell outta me. A clever lawyer could easily prove that there were no InstaWallet customers, thus nothing is due to non existent parties, anonymous or real. We were just users benefiting from a free service. Who in their fuckin' right mind would even pen such vial? It's not even relevant.

Bottomline, I enjoyed the dance, especially the part where you held me close and stuck your finger up my ass, then ever so slowly stuck it in my mouth to taste my own shit. Can't wait for the next dance, but that time I will lead.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:13:53 PM

There has been no crime ref number

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 07:23:37 PM

You're a liar and a troll! They said they filed one and since Boussac's been back online and has read the request I, for one, have faith that he provided the requested info, even though I haven't found it myself.

Now, quit spreading fud and hunt down the post, linking it here for all to see. It's got to be on this forum somewhere. Ain't it?
Tronlet

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 07:25:00 PM

Phinnaeus is joking.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2013, 07:31:44 PM

Phinnaeus is joking.

Using humor to cover my pain. I resorted to such while at both my parents bedsides after their final breath. Just my nature on how I personally deal with dire moments. I'm still a happy, happy, joy, joy guy, but venting on a couple or so topics on this forum, now strongly on this episode, for it looks like some scumbags are going to benefit from my gamble. Mongel not happy!

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
brickhouse464

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:49:14 PM

I hope this claims process works out after 90 days.  I don't think they would re-open bitcoin central if they were going to run with the bitcoins. 
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:53:52 PM

I hope this claims process works out after 90 days.  I don't think they would re-open bitcoin central if they were going to run with the bitcoins. 

That's 3 months where a very large amount of bitcoins are locked up..
Tronlet

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:59:40 PM

What else would they do, assuming they're legit?

Decrease the waiting period, and thus decrease the security? I think 90 days is a good choice. If they're scammers, they're scammers, and there's nothing to be done about it, or at least the 90 day wait doesn't change much. If they're for real, the 90 day wait is 100% a good idea, for obvious reasons.

dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:00:37 PM

So, When I go to my Instawallet URL it no longer gives me an update on the claims process. Only an error.

I see nothing on Paymium site regarding Instawallet claims

Where are we supposed to go to do this?

PS - Im really kind of pissed that I have to most likely wait 90 days to get these coins. That wallet was only used for donations that were supposed to be cashed out (by being sent to a another site/online wallet) and sold, and then having the USD sent to charities. But I guess it is serendipitous that it happened right before we were about to go all out and start accepting a lot of donations, because we wouldve lost a lot more.

pyedpyper

Activity: 172

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:44:19 PM

UPDATE

We are currently developing and preparing the online claim form. 
We appreciate your patience as we work with limited resources. 
We regret not being able to do more as Instawallet was a free service (zero fees) and could not pay for additional resources. 
However, we would like to reassure you that we will have the claims processed in due time, by the end of the initial 90-day period. 
The claim form is schedule for delivery by Friday, April 12th.

Given that you have a pool of 42,000 of our BTC how about you put a little more effort in and try and calm some of your customers fears.   Angry

Have you, (or your lawyers), even looked at our questions?

GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS SOME RESPECT.

Instawallet users benefited from our free service (therefore are not our "customers" strictly speaking, especially if they wanted to stay anonymous) and will be paid back in full.
They trusted us with their bitcoins and their bitcoins are safe.
To hand out those bitcoins to the hacker now would be foolish hence the claim process I described.
I fail to see how we could have lacked respect towards instawallet users.
Any minute we spend responding to infuriated, threatening , sometimes defamatory posts (not yours) or PM on this forum is one less minute we have to clean up after the hack attempt.
Our determination to support bitcoin as a community-run monetary system is stronger than ever in spite of the attacks.

Boussac,

You lack respect to your customers (and yes we are your customers - I'll argue that point later if it becomes necessary) for one reason:

And that is that you persist in ignoring some very basic questions that have been put to you over and over again by different people on this forum, notably "please provide a reference to the case you allege you have opened with the French police". That you continue to ignore that basic question is profoundly disrespectful - and is the singular reason why you are getting all the heat you are getting right now.

We are being very reasonable and asking very reasonable questions. By choosing not to answer them you are acting like a fraudster. I am not saying you are one, but you really are acting like one. How can you expect people to take you seriously when you cannot find the time to even answer my first 4 questions?? (And here they are again:)

1. Please state your full real name and your current position with Paymium (and whether you are a shareholder, director or employee).

2. Please confirm that you have formal authorisation from the board of Paymium to be communicating on behalf of the company on this forum.

3. Please provide the case number and filing date of the report you state Paymium has filed with the police.

4. Please provide Paymium’s formal contact details: office address and telephone number.

Just that would be a start. This is too much?? We do not technically even know who you are. Are you serious about the comments you've been making? Just answer these basic questions and then we can have a fruitful dialog.

You are creating all your own trouble by not doing so. And I can assure you it will get worse if you continue as you are doing. Please understand that everyone here would rather work with you, but you are behaving in a most unprofessional (and now starting to appear suspicious) kind of way, so you must expect what is to come.

As I have stated already, I personally do not even know if there was a hack. The police report file number (or some other kind of documentary proof) would go some way to supporting this claim. And if you will not convince me that you are being straight then I WILL file criminal charges against Paymium and I WILL list as prime suspects all of its directors and I WILL be very public about this.

I ABSOLUTELY do not want to do this. I would much prefer to have a cordial and professional process whereby we can support you to help us get our coins back. I want to make it easy for you. All I am asking (and I think all anyone wants here) is your basic responsiveness and professionalism. My questions will take you 10 minutes to answer. So why not just answer them and thereby immediately get everyone here on your side rather than pissing people off.

PyedPyper
Herodes

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:44:59 PM

Decrease the waiting period, and thus decrease the security? I think 90 days is a good choice. If they're scammers, they're scammers, and there's nothing to be done about it, or at least the 90 day wait doesn't change much. If they're for real, the 90 day wait is 100% a good idea, for obvious reasons.

Read my post earlier in the thread, it's quite possible to handle claims (at least some of them) on an ongoing basis.

Also they stated they've had a security breach, and they stated some will not be paid back in full, yet fail to tell how much coins were stolen (if any).
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:48:53 PM

I'm tired of fucking around with these guys:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171764.0

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
pyedpyper

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:54:15 PM

IMHO you guys are lucky he is putting as much effort into this as he is. I am by no means a bitcoin expert, but I specifically remember that every time I read about instawallet I was warned immediately after to not keep much of anything there. Even when bitcoins were worth only $5 people were saying to only keep your first bitcoin or two there if you must, but find an alternative as soon as possible.

Didn't any one else think that just a simple link isn't really secure enough for, in the case of one of the people posting here, $22,000?

I'm sorry, but I think Boussac is doing an awesome job at managing the situtation.

Oh, and I do have money in an IW, however its something like .013252334 as I only kept my first bitcents their and spent it on something else (I don't even remember what).

Tosh!

This is presently a matter regarding lack of communication, and he most definitely is not doing an awesome job in that regard. So far he has even failed to answer such basic questions as "What is your real name and what is your position at Paymium?" - and you think this is "awesome" managing of the situation?? What planet are you from dude?

Probably 10 people have asked for the police report file number. And that question has been totally ignored every time. Get real.

Herodes

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

All I am asking (and I think all anyone wants here) is your basic responsiveness and professionalism. My questions will take you 10 minutes to answer. So why not just answer them and thereby immediately get everyone here on your side rather than pissing people off.

Exactly - but some people don't seem to grasp these basic things, or just want to stall the process of paybacks.

For example, as pyedpyper has screenshots of everything involving his Instawallet accounts, and you could check with the web log ip-adresses used to access the instawallet url's of his, and you could couple this with numerous other data points that could give you confidence as to who's the rightful owner of the funds, there should be quite possible to release his funds, perhaps deducting a fee for the manual work involved and/or taking the haircut required by the loss in regards to coins lost in the hack.

I agree with pyedpyper that the lack of answering the questions shows blatantly disrespect for your customers. And yes, the instawallet users are your customers, there was a reason you bought that site, because you found it to be beneficial to your operations. A customer is a customer, if he pays or gets a service for free. What do you think would happen if google cut off gmail for 90 days ? People are not paying google, but google is benefitting in many ways still (I won't elaborate on that here). As such, the purchase of Instawallet has also been a strategical purchase of yours, because you will benefit from it. It is you who chose to provide a free service, and then you should also honour this when there's trouble. I'm sure users would be understanding if you needed to deduct a certain fee for the work you put down in regards to it.

Instead of paying respect to your customers that makes your businesses possible, you call me out for being condescending when I suggest you you should use it security professionals to go through your infrastructure to check for security issues. If you were a serious businessman, you should be happy that I cared about your business.

As it is, you've shown blatant disrespect towards existing and prospective customers, and also shown that you don't act very professionally, so it's quite the clear choice not to use any services that you or any of your associates are involved in at this point in time.
Herodes

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:00:24 PM

IMHO you guys are lucky he is putting as much effort into this as he is. I am by no means a bitcoin expert, but I specifically remember that every time I read about instawallet I was warned immediately after to not keep much of anything there. Even when bitcoins were worth only $5 people were saying to only keep your first bitcoin or two there if you must, but find an alternative as soon as possible.

Didn't any one else think that just a simple link isn't really secure enough for, in the case of one of the people posting here, $22,000?

I'm sorry, but I think Boussac is doing an awesome job at managing the situtation.

Oh, and I do have money in an IW, however its something like .013252334 as I only kept my first bitcents their and spent it on something else (I don't even remember what).

Tosh!

This is presently a matter regarding lack of communication, and he most definitely is not doing an awesome job in that regard. So far he has even failed to answer such basic questions as "What is your real name and what is your position at Paymium?" - and you think this is "awesome" managing of the situation?? What planet are you from dude?

Probably 10 people have asked for the police report file number. And that question has been totally ignored every time. Get real.

My guess would be they're all a bunch of lads working from their homes, and they don't really want to give out any real names, and there's no police report. The silence speaks mountains. Now - it's left to see if there will be pay outs as promised after their self-imposed arbitratily period of 90 days, or if they'll just delay everything into oblivion.
pyedpyper

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:01:13 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 10:19:46 PM by pyedpyper

I'm sorry, but I think Boussac is doing an awesome job at managing the situation.

Thanks for your thoughts.  I'm actually a lot more interested to know what the French investigators think though.  And have every intention of ensuring that they at least have the opportunity to explore the situation if they find it compelling enough to do so.

I'm not about to wait 90 days to ensure that the ball starts rolling.  Show of hands about who feels at this point that Paymium is being sufficiently evasive that we should solicit cost estimates from a French attorney or para-legal to assist in filing police reports?

Actually it is very possible that Paymium will prejudice people who are willing to file police reports when it comes to pay-outs, and ~davout is still staff here who I presume can evaluate PM's posted under this forum.  So, don't show hands or use PM's just yet perhaps.  I may be inclined to produce a personal e-mail addy or some other method since my identity is shot anyway if I end up playing an organizational role in this effort.  And I suck at such things Sad

If one is a high-lost-value user who Paymium has offered to make whole in exchange for dropping it, I would suggest jumping on the deal.  You could always choose to 'do the right thing' later, particularly if you are careful to keep any evidence of the deal.  Myself having modest losses it is not about the money to me.  It's about trying to make sure that the crooks (or incompetents) in the ecosystem have to worry at least a little bit about their malfeasance (or incompetence.)

It is obvious to anyone that he is being evasive. Still I want to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Perhaps he does not know how to communicate well in the face of the present demands. Either way I am giving it until noon on Thursday. If no response by then I will drop the hammer. And if Paymium continue to act in this dodgy and non-communicative fashion I will definitely support full civil and criminal actions against the company from every Instawallet user who chooses to do so.

It is so simple for them to avert this and yet they choose not to. Strange...
Iman E. Vilsok

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:02:43 PM

I'm tired of fucking around with these guys:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=171764.0

http://youtu.be/2JlKzMp5PAs

pyedpyper

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

90 days is illogical WHEN it is coupled with their other statement: "If several claims have been filed for the same url, we will process those claims on a case by case basis, under the presumption that the claim we received first belongs to the legitimate balance holder."

Think about it a little...

Of course if Paymium have the intention of keeping all left over coins not claimed after 90 days then maybe there is logic from that perspective. But that's the only place it makes sense from...
repentance

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:38:32 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 11:52:19 PM by repentance

One card people might want to keep in reserve is contacting Bitcoin-Central's partnering financial institution (Aqoba).  Bitcoin-Central made a huge deal about being "legitimate" and I'm sure that the financial institution they're using to cloak themselves in legitimacy would be interested to learn that another service operated by the same principals has lost user funds and is being very evasive about answering questions in relation to that loss.

It might also be worth contacting the organisations mentioned in this post by davout.

At Paymium we spent lots of time and energy talking about Bitcoin to our regulating bodies, the Banque de France, the ACP (French equivalent of the American SEC), TRACFIN (AML French supervising body) etc.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Herodes

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 11:49:49 PM

One card people might want to keep in reserve is contacting Bitcoin-Central's partnering financial institution.  Bitcoin-Central made a huge deal about being "legitimate" and I'm sure that the financial institution they're using to cloak themselves in legitimacy would be interested to learn that another service operated by the same principals has lost user funds and is being very evasive about answering questions in relation to that loss.

Good point, but didn't that deal fell through, or am I misinformed?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: