Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet claim process  (Read 79196 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 02:48:19 PM

So I sent a few btc to friends and family early in Instawallet days to spread the word, they are now looking for those coins.

What do we need to do to recover them?

thanks davout

Hello

I'm afraid it's too late to file a claim, the claims submission was possible for three months with a deadline in July.
There was a detailed explanation of the whys and hows of the claims process (and more specifically why there had to be a deadline) posted in this thread, it might be a little hard to find buried in the 40 pages of this thread.

Kind regards
David

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:25:05 PM

So I sent a few btc to friends and family early in Instawallet days to spread the word, they are now looking for those coins.

thanks davout

Hello

I'm afraid it's too late to file a claim, the claims submission was possible for three months with a deadline in July.
There was a detailed explanation of the whys and hows of the claims process (and more specifically why there had to be a deadline) posted in this thread, it might be a little hard to find buried in the 40 pages of this thread.

Kind regards
David

Any ethical person and/or business would honour legitimate requests, and the bitcoins are not legally yours. With this statement, you effectively ruin your reputation in the community.

The right thing to do is to review the requests and see what you can do to the best of your abilities, according to your records and the information given. I'm sure the victims (I will call them that since this is theft) would be happy to pay a premium to have the case solved.

If you piss somebody off enough, I would not be you at the receiving end of the actions that they may take themselves, or have somebody take on their behalf.

Act ethically and do the right thing, pointing to formalities is the very wrong thing to do, and it is equal to outright theft, and should be handled by law enforcement in a proper manner.
jaycee1974

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:10:35 PM

then join us!

we go together against them!!!!
TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:12:55 PM

then join us!

we go together against them!!!!

I have nothing outstanding with instawallet, I'm just noting the lack of ethic on their behalf. Best wishes for recovery of your funds, some pressure often solves a case.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:31:12 AM

thanks davout

Hello

Kind regards
David

This is terrible. Aren't you still trying to run an exchange right now?

Jav seemed to have no problem keeping Instawallet safe, it was a pillar for getting bitcoins adopted, it featured in Gavin's talk to the CIA in mid-2011 ... yet when you took it over this happens? Your credibility is starting to look tatty davout.

I used to have much respect for you but this episode is looking very shabby indeed.

So the few bitcoins of my friends and family are gone and you have no intention to make good on them is what you are saying right?

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:00:25 AM

This is terrible. Aren't you still trying to run an exchange right now?

Jav seemed to have no problem keeping Instawallet safe, it was a pillar for getting bitcoins adopted, it featured in Gavin's talk to the CIA in mid-2011 ... yet when you took it over this happens? Your credibility is starting to look tatty davout.

A clever observer could have seen that there were many many BTC in lost or forgotten Instawallet accounts and the purchaser/adopter of Instawallet would inherit them.  Trouble is, how does one go about triggering the pay-out?  One idea would be to induce an event which would justify the needed phase shift.  Not saying that that is what happened, but I see nothing which would rule it out...and no particular interest on the part of the Bitcoin-Central/Paymium/whatever bunch to produce such information.

I used to have much respect for you but this episode is looking very shabby indeed.

So the few bitcoins of my friends and family are gone and you have no intention to make good on them is what you are saying right?

An expression of ours which seems to be fitting here would seem to be "That's about the size of it."

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
SquashJ

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:08:19 AM

I was lucky enough to only lose about 0.01, but I'm still pretty annoyed that I didn't know about this thread until now.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 10:33:42 AM

Well, Jav kept IW safe for a year (2011-2012), which is pretty much what we did too (2012-2013).
It might also be worth noting that the first thing I did when I discovered the theft was to fly him from Germany to France at my expense so he could provide his insights and help us deal with this in the best possible way.

It'll come back, I'm not going anywhere :-)

no particular interest on the part of the Bitcoin-Central/Paymium/whatever bunch to produce such information.

Like I said, if you show me that there exists a way for me to produce a complete financial report that can be independently cross-checked I'll be all over it.
But apparently you have no problem entertaining this circular logic of yours.

I was lucky enough to only lose about 0.01, but I'm still pretty annoyed that I didn't know about this thread until now.

Well, I don't have a crystal ball, I can't magically guess the e-mails associated to wallets.

For the last time, had there been an e-mail address on file everything would have been different, we would have simply given everyone a proportional haircut and contacted everyone for an exit Bitcoin address.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:01:54 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 11:33:25 AM by marcus_of_augustus

Well, Jav kept IW safe for a year (2011-2012), which is pretty much what we did too (2012-2013).
It might also be worth noting that the first thing I did when I discovered the theft was to fly him from Germany to France at my expense so he could provide his insights and help us deal with this in the best possible way.

It'll come back, I'm not going anywhere :-)

At this point you are only one grade above being put forth for the "Scammer" title under your forum name, imho.

Take a look around and see how reputable businessman behave when hit by theft or disaster.

This is not the way. Your businesses will only suffer until you clear this blot from your record.

There are forces at work that will see to it.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 11:15:18 AM

This is not the way.

A couple of days ago I took time to send you a detailed explanation of the why and how of the claims process, did you get a chance to read it?
Please, feel free to tell me how you would have handled things had you been at my place.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:31:18 AM

This is not the way.

A couple of days ago I took time to send you a detailed explanation of the why and how of the claims process, did you get a chance to read it?
Please, feel free to tell me how you would have handled things had you been at my place.

Yes I read it.

But it is quite simple, you do not need to go into the details since it is a matter of principle. If you are still open and trading for business, just make honest people whole.

Screwing the little guys because of your incompetence/misfortune is just more banksterism.

davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:11:39 PM

it is a matter of principle

Let's dig this one a little further, what's the principle at hand exactly?
That you should get a free, unlimited and unexpiring deposit insurance?

Such a thing does not exist. Even so we committed to guarantee payment of all valid claims up to 50 BTC regardless of the amount left after the theft.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:06:00 PM

And, once again, my posts and claims go completely ignored because...wait for it...I'm probably still on ignore.

We all know that InstaWallet was not a money producing entity. I'm not sure what Paymium was able to pull in as revenue prior to the hack or now, but there's a handful of principles on the payroll, all of which aren't working for free.

Surely, my three claims totally 1,123+ BTC isn't what's going to be used to pay for said services, are they? If that's their intent, then there's a word for that--thief! Since I was one of the first people to file claims, and have yet heard a word as to what's the latest, I currently have no choice but to think otherwise.

I still have options available to me to get this matter resolve, one of which consists of having ALL the books of ALL the entities and their principles related to InstaWallet opened.

This has gone on long enough.

Bruno Kucinskas
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 06:48:27 PM

I'm probably still on ignore.

I don't use the ignore list. I can ignore you without it just fine.

Either way, if you submitted proper claims (which means visiting your wallet URL and providing a payout address during the claims period), you have exactly one option: e-mail me their IDs, with the corresponding wallet URLs.

jaycee1974

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:56:17 PM

same here, no response to anything!!!

Phinnaeus Gage please join us , that cant go so any further!

34.35 BTC they have from  this f**king temp. wallet i made until my Blockchain has synched and as it was ready to use, all my Coins are gone!
Then this Claim Process Scam they do, for to hold the People Quit!
And then do there Selective Scam!

How many BTC they have stolen this way?

Cant think about!

When in all not fullfilled Claims only some % of mine was, then they have robing Millions of $, I think!!!

But we will see who is loughing at the End!

Greets Robert
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:09:09 PM

it is a matter of principle

Let's dig this one a little further, what's the principle at hand exactly?
That you should get a free, unlimited and unexpiring deposit insurance?

Such a thing does not exist. Even so we committed to guarantee payment of all valid claims up to 50 BTC regardless of the amount left after the theft.

I don't like your tone at all, if this is your idea of good and proper business relations you will not be in business for long.

Please confirm that you will not be making good on my friends and family few missing btc ... then we can go from there.

You should be very careful how you proceed from here. A wise man once said to me that you should treat every customer with the respect as if they can do physical, financial or emotional harm to you because you never know which one actually will ...

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:55:29 PM

Please confirm that you will not be making good on my friends and family few missing btc ... then we can go from there.

For my part, I took the responsibility of 'making good' on the Instawallets that I had induced my friends and family to maintain out of my own funds.

To a large extent I and other associates had more or less forgotten about these funds.  I'm sure I had some residual minor funds in a wallet or two which I had forgotten about.  Of course these were mainly 'de-funded', but that term has had different meanings through this history of Bitcoin.  As an example, I 'de-funded' my Bitcoinica account, but some scammer ended up with about $3k at the time I tap out these words.

Anyway, I cannot claim as a loss the Instawallets that I or my friends/family forgot about, but that certainly doesn't stop the Boussac, Davout, and co from claiming them as a gain.

In the interest of fairness I'll mention that both I the other friend who had significant (and remembered) funds in Instawallet WERE refunded, and in the first round.

My personal re-imbursing of my friend the 5BTC that he lost due to my choice of using Instwallet to get him started were promptly converted into alternate crypto-currencies, and some of them have done quite well.

So in my case, the story has a happy ending, but it would be happier if the criminals (whoever they may be) are identified and brought to justice.  And I'd be a happy to see Phin, at least, get is million $$$ back.  That is a significant loss in almost anyone's world, and a significant gain to someone who definitely does not deserve it (unless Phin is BS'ing which I doubt but cannot rule out.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 06:58:31 AM
Last edit: December 06, 2013, 07:31:14 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Either way, if you submitted proper claims (which means visiting your wallet URL and providing a payout address during the claims period), you have exactly one option: e-mail me their IDs, with the corresponding wallet URLs.

Well, for starters, I realized I'm not on your actual ignore list, oppose to Boussac who's on record in starting that I am.

I filled out the forms that was provided on the first day the claim process was available for all three wallets. I have no idea as to what ID you're speaking of, for I never had one emailed to me for any of the wallets.

I do have all three URLs, with only one now showing a corresponding address: https://www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q

sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q   1JppeHVdYQEBGR4uHVTqLQsb2FY1wUTziH   0.835 btc

For the one above, there are two other claims against that wallet, neither of which is mine. There are two claim #s, and perhaps that's what you mean by ID. I'm not sure.

The other two URLs are: https://www.instawallet.org/w/rL2DhMWW9tDvs24oFwtiq99zhh7A3ii6bg and https://www.instawallet.org/w/gZh1afVVl5aAtjNwXo0BiYChTxjwln33ab

These two claims look nothing like the one I shown above:

Wallet not found
Report a missing wallet
Your wallet maybe missing because it received funds only after April 1st when Instawallet was suspended.

If that is the case, please use the comment field to tell us the transaction that you would to be taken into account for a refund.

Please do not report a missing wallet if it did not receive any transaction.

Report a missing wallet

Email

An email address is required for us to notify you about the status of your missing wallet.

I filled those two pages once again about two weeks ago and have yet to receive a reply.

I don't have any corresponding wallet addresses to go with either of those two URLs due to them just being moved to new addresses on about March 27th (maybe 28th at the latest), 2013.

The one thing I do recall is that all three wallets shown a balance of zero, and the "block chain" shown that the funds were residing in other freshly created wallet addresses, but gave it no concern due to being rest assured by you that that's the way InstaWallet worked. I wasn't even aware of the hack on the first until the 3rd of April when it was mentioned to me via another thread by greyhawk during some mundane conversation I believe (can easily be found). The wallet address wasn't written down because I used Chrome's bookmaking system to log into InstaWallet.

I wanted patiently, albeit was very pissed off at the onset of this fiasco, because I assumed, as promised, that all would be well after 90 days passes, being that two wallets were over the 50 BTC limit that, by the way, some bitcoiners were paid out that amount and over without having to wait for that self-imposed 90 day limit. My hands were tied during the entire process, but now I'm being informed, in no uncertain terms, I need to somehow provide info that I don't have, coupled with not knowing exactly what's required, although I went through the claim process back in April, and again two weeks ago, but for only two the claims, now not being able to do anything on the page for the smallest claim.

Therefore, what ID are you speaking of so that I can email you what you request, or are the URLs the ID? I'm still not sure what's meant by 'key', but I believe it's the last part of the URL. I've asked in the past what's meant by it, but never received an answer to that simple question.

Bruno Kucinskas

EDIT: The following is the post by greyhawk that brought the hack to my attention:

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone. Forever. This is an ex-change, wait, I mean, this ship has banked, wait, I mean, it's bubble has popped.

This ain't good!

SSL connection error

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

It was down yesterday also.

Phinn, go look in Service Discussions. They have served their last bit(coin), their media is write-protected, ENDOFLINE.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 02:32:22 AM

Nice to see exactly where my claims rate.

I am enjoying the discussion about butt-sex Smiley

Too bad, I'm not a talker

Seriously, I'm near the end of my rope, and am about to raise bloody hell, making my early April posts look like Mother Teresa teaching disabled youths proper bathing habits.

I'll start by asking nicely, for the umpteenth time, who is/was the independent auditor used to conduct the investigation of InstaWallet after the hack(?)?

Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 04:14:01 PM

Well, for starters, I realized I'm not on your actual ignore list, oppose to Boussac who's on record in starting that I am.

I filled out the forms that was provided on the first day the claim process was available for all three wallets. I have no idea as to what ID you're speaking of, for I never had one emailed to me for any of the wallets.

I do have all three URLs, with only one now showing a corresponding address: https://www.instawallet.org/w/sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q

sMceOus2wYrDVAHxA5BssBwB7kgDqC9r4Q   1JppeHVdYQEBGR4uHVTqLQsb2FY1wUTziH   0.835 btc

For the one above, there are two other claims against that wallet, neither of which is mine. There are two claim #s, and perhaps that's what you mean by ID. I'm not sure.

The other two URLs are: https://www.instawallet.org/w/rL2DhMWW9tDvs24oFwtiq99zhh7A3ii6bg and https://www.instawallet.org/w/gZh1afVVl5aAtjNwXo0BiYChTxjwln33ab

These two claims look nothing like the one I shown above:

Wallet not found
Report a missing wallet
Your wallet maybe missing because it received funds only after April 1st when Instawallet was suspended.

If that is the case, please use the comment field to tell us the transaction that you would to be taken into account for a refund.

Please do not report a missing wallet if it did not receive any transaction.

Report a missing wallet

Email

An email address is required for us to notify you about the status of your missing wallet.

I filled those two pages once again about two weeks ago and have yet to receive a reply.

I don't have any corresponding wallet addresses to go with either of those two URLs due to them just being moved to new addresses on about March 27th (maybe 28th at the latest), 2013.

The one thing I do recall is that all three wallets shown a balance of zero, and the "block chain" shown that the funds were residing in other freshly created wallet addresses, but gave it no concern due to being rest assured by you that that's the way InstaWallet worked. I wasn't even aware of the hack on the first until the 3rd of April when it was mentioned to me via another thread by greyhawk during some mundane conversation I believe (can easily be found). The wallet address wasn't written down because I used Chrome's bookmaking system to log into InstaWallet.

I wanted patiently, albeit was very pissed off at the onset of this fiasco, because I assumed, as promised, that all would be well after 90 days passes, being that two wallets were over the 50 BTC limit that, by the way, some bitcoiners were paid out that amount and over without having to wait for that self-imposed 90 day limit. My hands were tied during the entire process, but now I'm being informed, in no uncertain terms, I need to somehow provide info that I don't have, coupled with not knowing exactly what's required, although I went through the claim process back in April, and again two weeks ago, but for only two the claims, now not being able to do anything on the page for the smallest claim.

Therefore, what ID are you speaking of so that I can email you what you request, or are the URLs the ID? I'm still not sure what's meant by 'key', but I believe it's the last part of the URL. I've asked in the past what's meant by it, but never received an answer to that simple question.

Bruno Kucinskas

EDIT: The following is the post by greyhawk that brought the hack to my attention:

Aaaaaaaaand it's gone. Forever. This is an ex-change, wait, I mean, this ship has banked, wait, I mean, it's bubble has popped.

This ain't good!

SSL connection error

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don't have.

It was down yesterday also.

Phinn, go look in Service Discussions. They have served their last bit(coin), their media is write-protected, ENDOFLINE.

Still waiting for clarification as to what ID you want me to send to you via email, davout.

We were dealing with Boussac after the hack(?), and you were nowhere to be found for ~27 days, between March 21, and April 18, 2013. Since then, at least two other employees of Team Paymium are no longer with the org.

For the umpteenth time+, what is/was the name of the independent auditor used for InstaWallet after the hack(?)?

~Bruno Kucinskas
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: