Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:26:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] NEM's Apostille - The only 2nd generation blockchain notarization app  (Read 5834 times)
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 07:19:24 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2016, 03:46:30 PM by jabo38

Apostille - Transferable, Updatable, Brandable, and Conjointly Owned Blockchain Notarizations

Proof-of-Existence 2.0
There have been lots and lots of companies or even whole blockchains dedicated to fingerprinting documents on the blockchain.  These are mostly simple solutions that do no more than hash the document and anchor it in the blockchain with a one-off transaction.

Now Files Have Private Keys
Apostille is making a private key for each file from the user’s account information and file metadata.  Then each time the file is updated or re-notarized the new fingerprint is always sent to the same HD account (as long as things like the file name and person sending it are the same).

Colored Account - Powerful Blockchain Notarizations
But once we have a private key for a file, now some interesting things happen.  We have a dedicated HD account (colored account) that represents that file and its blockchain notarization.  Now information and assets can be sent both to and from that account. "Information" in NEM is sent as messages in either open, encrypted, or hex formats. "Assets" are sent as customizable assets (called mosaics) that can be configured with fixed or mutable quantities, have transferability open or locked to third parties, have levies applied to them or be levies themselves, and have a unique name, and variable descriptions and divisibility.  

Transferring a Blockchain Notarization
And via editing mulitisig contracts, control of that account can be passed from user to user.  On NEM, multisig contracts can be m-of-n, where m and n can be any number 1-32.

Now a blockchain notarization instead just being a one-off fingerprint that is anchored in the chain, can be a moving, active, and updatable notarization, which both receives and produces new content.  

Branding
NEM's Namespaces technology now allows a company to buy its unique domain name on the NEM blockchain. It can be used to identify an account, e.g., a person can send to a name instead of an address. This is also useful as blockchain notarizations coming from a named and branded account can be known to have come from the authorized seller of a product and not a counterfeit.

Private Businesses Want Apostille in Their Private Chains
And, as far as private chains go, we are convinced NEM technology has one of the best private chains (Mijin).  Once you go private and you lose PoW, it makes sense to go with the one that is the most secure, has the most features, and is the most scalable.  We are convinced the all-around winner, in this case, is Mijin and would love to put it in a head-to-head trial with any other private chain, so qualifying companies can now apply to get a free enterprise-level private chain. Mijin chains anchored to the NEM public chain offer scaling of 1000's of tx/s with nearly the same immutability as the NEM public chain.

Apostille is Open-Source
Apostille has released on the NEM NanoWallet, for free!!! Sorry guys, no fancy ICO, no partnership with big VC money, just two guys and a simple application to the NEM Community Fund for start-up money. With NEM APIs and the open source Javascript NanoWallet, it was very easy following this guide.

Apostille Website
We will also release an Apostille website that will be ready soon. With the NanoWallet a person gets the full privacy of a local client handling all important processors locally and privately.  With the website, a person gets nearly the same level of protection, but without the need to run a wallet or pay fees.  

In the News
Apostille Press Release: https://goo.gl/KJHyNm
Mijin Apostille Press Release: http://mijin.io/ja/718.html
Apostille White Paper: https://www.nem.io/ApostilleWhitePaper.pdf
Apostille Whate Paper (Japanese): http://www.trend-stream.net/bitcoin/nem-apostille-whitepaper-japanese-3171/

Roadmap
Apostille Proposed: March 24, 2016
Apostille Launched on Nano: October 4th, 2016
Apostille Website Launch: Late 2016
Stand Alone Mobile App: TBA 2017

Apostille is Easy to Use
Making and auditing a blockchain notarization is now as easy as drag and drop.

making a blockchain notarization

auditing a blockchain notarization

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jstern

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:33:55 AM

I'm a supporter of NEM. Which I was more active to really understand this. Hope it's successful.
R3N3

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 09:40:10 AM

I tried the system and it works pretty well.  Wink
Figured out how to do apostille file notarization and now I'm playing with the 1of1 asset (=account) transfer thing. I paid XEM 14.00 for it which equals USD 0.05 for the notarization.
This is the transaction for whoever is interested what it looks like on the chain. http://chain.nem.ninja/#/transfer/881c995216d9c9994014a022c9c31d0a2ef121afcc6bfc33b6f3129dbc81dc7e
The "hex" message is the hash of the file which the Nano Wallet created.

BTW: That NANO WALLET (downloaded the ZIP from https://nanowallet.nem.io/ and ran it locally) is not 100% self-explanatory.
It could have some kind of mouse-over instructions or info at least? @devs...  Roll Eyes
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 02:29:25 PM

I tried the system and it works pretty well.  Wink
Figured out how to do apostille file notarization and now I'm playing with the 1of1 asset (=account) transfer thing. I paid XEM 14.00 for it which equals USD 0.05 for the notarization.
This is the transaction for whoever is interested what it looks like on the chain. http://chain.nem.ninja/#/transfer/881c995216d9c9994014a022c9c31d0a2ef121afcc6bfc33b6f3129dbc81dc7e
The "hex" message is the hash of the file which the Nano Wallet created.

BTW: That NANO WALLET (downloaded the ZIP from https://nanowallet.nem.io/ and ran it locally) is not 100% self-explanatory.
It could have some kind of mouse-over instructions or info at least? @devs...  Roll Eyes

I can tell by the hash in the message that was definitely an Apostille transaction.  I wonder what you stamped!  :-)   Something important I hope. hahaha

As for NanoWallet, it is the first release of it.  There are a lot of things that need to improve it both overall and in Apostille, but since it is open source and in Javascript, i think in time it will get better.  A short tutorial would help and so would mouse-over instructions.  

I'm a supporter of NEM. Which I was more active to really understand this. Hope it's successful.

Thanks, I'll try to improve it and next year we should get a very simple to use app that will make it so everyone can understand it easily.

BigSirko

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 03:18:05 AM

I can see some interesting use cases by municipal governments and collectors.
willowfoot

Activity: 332
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 04:05:10 AM

Great work guys!

Just playing around with the Nano wallet, will this eventually replace the NCC client all together?

jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 05:34:36 AM

Congratulation guys . Great development NEM platform . Good things really keep coming on NEM.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 09:05:46 AM

I am glad that there are updates on NEM coin. I almost forgot this coin in my polo wallet as it its price is low now since I bought it couple of months ago. I hope this development, build more confidence on th said coin that the developer is still active.

Congratulations!

Open for Campaigns
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 09:39:47 AM

I am glad that there are updates on NEM coin. I almost forgot this coin in my polo wallet as it its price is low now since I bought it couple of months ago. I hope this development, build more confidence on th said coin that the developer is still active.

Congratulations!

There are already some interesting responses. :-)

Also, there are chains that have a higher market cap than NEM (not naming any names), that NEM is more than a year ahead of in tech and real world marketing.  I think you will be smart to hold.  NEM will be one of the first chains to gain real world traction. 

jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2016, 09:43:00 AM

Here is a financial website that deals with all topics, Econotimes, that has Apostille listed as featured content in their Blockchain section. :-)

http://www.econotimes.com/Tech-Bureau-and-NEM-launch-notary-and-timestamping-solution-Apostille-386394

Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 06:52:25 PM

Great work guys! This once more proves the utility of the NEM chain and dedication and quality of the NEM team  Grin
ShooterXD

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:15:32 AM

Nice project in a great blockchain.

Watching with interest.

If you need a portuguese translation just pm me.

Regards, Shooter

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
November 08, 2016, 01:19:00 AM

This is awesome news guys!
Big thanks to the NEM team who have made all this possible!

Looking forward to trying it out Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2016, 04:01:13 AM

I'm happy to see the white paper has been translated into Japanese! http://www.trend-stream.net/bitcoin/nem-apostille-whitepaper-japanese-3171/

And we now have a Indonesian Apostille thread. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1673235.msg16801289#msg16801289

If anybody would like to help with translating, please send me a message. 

jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 09:56:18 AM

Some people asked how Apostille is different from Factom. 

bctacc32

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

-

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 10:32:26 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2016, 09:47:47 PM by bctacc32

Some people asked how Apostille is different from Factom.  

[image]

Awesome! So Factom is obsolete now Cheesy
NEM just has to establish more.. Wink
mortare

Activity: 765
Merit: 283

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2016, 10:37:21 AM

Very great work. This is looking very good.

▬◇
▬◇▬◆
▬◇▬◇▬◆

███
███░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░███
███
◇▬
◆▬◇▬
◆▬◇▬◇▬
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 12:01:49 PM

Looking great, imo way better than Factom.
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 02:12:05 AM

Very interesting.....definitely have my eye on NEM's notary tech now.  Factom has had great success thus far and there's certainly plenty of room left in the notary niche!

Best of luck, gents! Smiley

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
CoinPro69