Bitcoin Forum
February 19, 2019, 06:05:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetHUB.io || +Microwallet (9 coins) ||+Dice & +Jackpot||+Games||+Exchange  (Read 98642 times)
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1037

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 07:06:11 PM

Hi Mex,
I know you are working Damn hard!
Do we have any estimated time now? For maybe the API being ready so I may start up integrating.

Maybe you can open up the basic features and keep launching the additional features in time ?
It all depends on:

a) My sleep pattern
b) If there's going to be any issues in the code I write.
c) If there's going to be any issues on any of my sites, which are more important/critical than dedicating time to writing this.

So, I can't really give an ETA Sad
I wasted 1 day for a site of mine because some smartass decided to exploit it and I had to patch stuff.

Main website has grown to 1.6+ million registered users who are focused on crypto. Working on a advertising network, which aims to attract millions and millions of crypto impressions. If you need more info, PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Your Bitcoin transactions
The Ultimate Bitcoin mixer
made truly anonymous.
with an advanced technology.
Mix coins
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomos81

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:07:52 PM

I studied your API and i realised, the users must first register in faucethub before first claim.
Correct me if i am wrong.

I think it's not so good for comfortable users,but good thing in fight against bots Smiley

xyzabc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Spacey The Bird★ Android Game , Bitco

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:13:20 PM

@mex
When you manage so much , i wonder why don't expand your team.
I hope you are making some profit from those sites to expand good..

Anyways, Best of luck for your Projects. Hope your productivity shoots through sky...and we get FH soon.

I studied your API and i realised, the users must first register in faucethub before first claim.

I think it's not so good for comfortable users,but good thing in fight against bots Smiley

Where are you reading the API man?

tomos81

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:24:11 PM

I readed previous post from mexicantarget:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1672870.msg16906212#msg16906212

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 07:35:07 PM

You're correct.

You shouldn't care what users going to say about this. (This might sound bad/harsh/ or whatever)
Users come to our sites and get -free- money. So they shouldn't be the ones having the last word, but us, the ones who provide that free money.
Correct me if wrong.

We're the ones protecting our own sites, not the users, so we have to do those things right.
We can't satisfy everyone.

It's a one time thing they'll have to do. Register their accounts so they can protect their own interests.

@mex
When you manage so much , i wonder why don't expand your team.
I hope you are making some profit from those sites to expand good..

Anyways, Best of luck for your Projects. Hope your productivity shoots through sky...and we get FH soon.

Well, the sites aren't generating that much so I can comfortably "hire" someone help me.
After losing adsense on my main site, it became a bit harder, but it's okay now Smiley

Thanks man, really appreciate it

Main website has grown to 1.6+ million registered users who are focused on crypto. Working on a advertising network, which aims to attract millions and millions of crypto impressions. If you need more info, PM me.
tomos81

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 07:40:59 PM

You're correct.

You shouldn't care what users going to say about this. (This might sound bad/harsh/ or whatever)
Users come to our sites and get -free- money. So they shouldn't be the ones having the last word, but us, the ones who provide that free money.
Correct me if wrong.

We're the ones protecting our own sites, not the users, so we have to do those things right.

I like that, especially if you will code some unique IP vs BTC address checker and ban some well known badass IPs  and TOR networks..
it will help to "new" and not experienced faucet owners to start their "business" much easier and it can probably resurrect te dying faucet industry Smiley

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 09:32:41 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

I like that, especially if you will code some unique IP vs BTC address checker and ban some well known badass IPs  and TOR networks..
it will help to "new" and not experienced faucet owners to start their "business" much easier and it can probably resurrect te dying faucet industry Smiley
What I'm doing is going to resurrect the faucet industry. Can't give more info about this though. You'll see when the site launches Smiley
This might sound delusional as hell, lol.

geekbasic

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 09:54:48 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

What I'm doing is going to resurrect the faucet industry. Can't give more info about this though. You'll see when the site launches Smiley

You have a good attitude, grammar, and experience. I think you'll do good if you keep it up.

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 10:05:30 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

You have a good attitude, grammar, and experience. I think you'll do good if you keep it up.
tyvm, I'm flattered.

I'm giving my best so I do this stuff right. I'm just hoping everyone will understand why some things have to be the "X" way and not the "Y" way they got used to

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 971

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 06:20:57 AM

For the record, as an honest faucet user and referrer, I don't mind having to sign up for a site or service, as long as I don't have to disclose any personal information other than my email address and btc address. Especially if this means that I can rest assured knowing that I can safely visit sites and make claims knowing that it is less susceptible to bot attacks.

From what I've read about this new microwallet and faucetscript on faucethub, I feel like it alone will revolutionize the way that faucets work. Why? Let's think about why most faucets are not sustainable:

There are mainly two reasons:

1. Bot/script attacks. Security has never been a major target for faucet script providers, other than the typical IP checks/blocks, but by the time the faucet admin has realized they've been or are being attacked, they've lost the majority of the balance that they've deposited into the faucet's bankroll. That means that honest users like myself are affected along with the faucet admin.

2. Ad networks banning the site. This is mainly due to the first reason. If your website is running ads from a big network like Google AdSense, it's their (Google's) duty to ensure that they are displaying ads on a legitimate website with great traffic visitors. If the site is overloaded with bots and traffic exchange visitors, that reflects very poorly on your analytics, hence raising flags at the ad networks to check your website. If there was a way to block bad traffic (which I'm sure mex is implementing in this new faucet system/script), then it's going to be an overall better advertising experience for the advertisers and the faucet owners.

The greatest thing about mexicantarget, in my personal opinion, is that he has a lot of experience working with faucets, which is experience that will pour over into the development of the faucethub environment.

Believe me when I say that this is mainly the reason why I am so excited to see the new round of bitcoin faucets that will arise from this... Let's call it The Faucet Experience v2.0 lol.

I can't wait, but definitely will as I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. But damnit mex, hurry up and clone yourself Cheesy

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 10:32:28 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2016, 10:43:30 AM by ahmedjadoon

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

It's a one time thing they'll have to do. Register their accounts so they can protect their own interests.
This is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather move to epay.info. The thing is that the faucet script that I along with other 90% faucet admins use, doesn't allow users to change their bitcoin address. Also, bitcoin address of a user is the only information it stores and it is the sole mean of logging in for users. Changing whole script and asking members to create account at a new service means losing 90% of users.
If you are looking to provide an alternative to Faucetbox, then at least make this transition possible. Just do some research and try to understand how Faucetbox effectively replaced Microwallet. Are you looking for a similar thing or want to create a totally new and different service. If the later, then you won't be able to get a lot of adoption.
Admin @ Dailyfreebits.com

tomos81

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:41:10 AM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

This is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather move to epay.info. The thing is that the faucet script that I along with other 90% faucet admins use, doesn't allow users to change their bitcoin address. Also, bitcoin address of a user is the only information it stores and it is the sole mean of logging in for users. Changing whole script and asking members to create account at a new service means losing 90% of users.
If you are looking to provide an alternative to Faucetbox, then at least make this transition possible. Just do some research and try to understand how Faucetbox effectively replaced Microwallet. Are you looking for a similar thing or want to create a totally new and different service. If the later, then you won't be able to get a lot of adoption.

as far as i know, the epay needs first "registration" too... So i dont know why do you think the faucethub will be wrong choice for faucet owners. I am trustint to mexicantarget to 100%, if faucethub will be OK for his faucets , i think it will be great for all of us. And he is totally right, if somebody wants to get free satoshi, move his ass and register. It will reduce the number of bots.

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 01:44:19 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

as far as i know, the epay needs first "registration" too... So i dont know why do you think the faucethub will be wrong choice for faucet owners. I am trustint to mexicantarget to 100%, if faucethub will be OK for his faucets , i think it will be great for all of us. And he is totally right, if somebody wants to get free satoshi, move his ass and register. It will reduce the number of bots.
Didn't know that about epay.info. Look for another alternative.
Simply for the reason to not trouble 7000+ members to create a new account at another service for a few satoshi.

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:03:20 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

Simply for the reason to not trouble 7000+ members to create a new account at another service for a few satoshi.
So, you're saying my 100k+ users from all my sites wont use faucethub because it has registration?

Like I said, people need to think outside the box and forget what they've been used to. As I've mentioned in my first posts on this thread, I'm making a secure service for my network mostly. If people don't like what I'm doing, I can't force them join the service.

Your members will probably have a faucethub account, because most probably they're using at least one of my sites, or they're using a site which will be using faucethub. If you keep thinking that way, you'll miss the fun, heh

Also, another thing I've learned is. Better wait for a working product, then complain about it Tongue
Anyway, it's a one time registration. They just have to secure their accounts so hackers don't steal their addresses/satoshi.

ePay.info

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

ePay.info Think different

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:15:00 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

With permission form the owner
as you are talking about ePay.info i felt the need to answer you.
Users don't need to register first on our system
our system worked like faucetbox , users gets registered by just playing on faucets.
users need to register ONLY if they want to manage all of their addresses and currencies from one panel.
Kazuldur
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:29:47 PM

How is registration going to help against bots? It's an honest question, maybe I missed something Smiley

I mean, it's one thing when user has to register on each faucet. Then it doesn't make sense for bots to waste time and money creating accounts on that single faucets. But with registration on FaucetHub.io that'll change. Assuming 1000 faucets will move to FaucetHub.io, creating 10 accounts allows abusers to make 10000 claims with their bots. It doesn't help in any way. And I'm completely skipping the part where a bot for creating accounts is created, which should also be easy.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:33:37 PM

How is registration going to help against bots? It's an honest question, maybe I missed something Smiley

I mean, it's one thing when user has to register on each faucet. Then it doesn't make sense for bots to waste time and money creating accounts on that single faucets. But with registration on FaucetHub.io that'll change. Assuming 1000 faucets will move to FaucetHub.io, creating 10 accounts allows abusers to make 10000 claims with their bots. It doesn't help in any way. And I'm completely skipping the part where a bot for creating accounts is created, which should also be easy.
It helps with monitoring malicious user(s), flagging, reversing transactions, alerting entire network about a malicious user and a lot of other things

Kazuldur
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:43:19 PM

It helps with monitoring malicious user(s), flagging, reversing transactions, alerting entire network about a malicious user and a lot of other things

But the malicious "user" will probably be creating new accounts all the time. And all the other things you mentioned doesn't really change whether you require registration or not. You just changed the user identifier used in these action from cryptocurrency address to email address.

alamin99

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:45:36 PM

Registration for each faucet will be very annoying...  Cry Cry Cry

Kazuldur
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:47:31 PM

Registration for each faucet will be very annoying...  Cry Cry Cry

From what I understood, you won't have to register for each faucet with FaucetHub.io, only one registration for entire FaucetHub.io will be enough Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.