Bitcoin Forum
February 19, 2019, 06:01:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetHUB.io || +Microwallet (9 coins) ||+Dice & +Jackpot||+Games||+Exchange  (Read 98642 times)
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1037

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:48:10 PM

Registration for each faucet will be very annoying...  Cry Cry Cry
How is registration going to help against bots? It's an honest question, maybe I missed something Smiley

I mean, it's one thing when user has to register on each faucet. Then it doesn't make sense for bots to waste time and money creating accounts on that single faucets. But with registration on FaucetHub.io that'll change. Assuming 1000 faucets will move to FaucetHub.io, creating 10 accounts allows abusers to make 10000 claims with their bots. It doesn't help in any way. And I'm completely skipping the part where a bot for creating accounts is created, which should also be easy.
It helps with monitoring malicious user(s), flagging, reversing transactions, alerting entire network about a malicious user and a lot of other things

But the malicious "user" will probably be creating new accounts all the time. And all the other things you mentioned doesn't really change whether you require registration or not. You just changed the user identifier used in these action from cryptocurrency address to email address.
That's still a method of prevention. I use a combination of tools I've written with registrations and it works like a charm on my websites.

Anyway, I don't know why there's this talk going about. I just want to launch my own microwallet lmao.

I'm not forcing anyone join faucethub. If they don't like what the site will offer, they can freely join any other service Cheesy

Anyway, sticking to my ideas/development.

epay for the win!

Registration for each faucet will be very annoying...  Cry Cry Cry

From what I understood, you won't have to register for each faucet with FaucetHub.io, only one registration for entire FaucetHub.io will be enough Smiley
Correct.

Main website has grown to 1.6+ million registered users who are focused on crypto. Working on a advertising network, which aims to attract millions and millions of crypto impressions. If you need more info, PM me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Your Bitcoin transactions
The Ultimate Bitcoin mixer
made truly anonymous.
with an advanced technology.
Mix coins
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alamin99

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:50:41 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2016, 04:18:07 PM by alamin99

From what I understood, you won't have to register for each faucet with FaucetHub.io, only one registration for entire FaucetHub.io will be enough Smiley

That means I will claim from faucets but if I need withdrawal, I have to create account???

I have understood and liked your idea...  Smiley Smiley Smiley

keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:52:57 PM

Maybe I missed something, but where is problem to make script with registration option? If everyone will have to register to each faucet on Faucethub it will be more like faucet rotator..

Oh, I think i got it! So to use faucets (faucet users) first someone have to register (one time) on FaucetHube?

It is interesting idea. If it will stop bots, i support it!

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:55:41 PM

That means I will claim from faucets but if I need withdrawal, I have to create account???
I'm not the average developer running shared faucet scripts. I'm someone who's got a decade's experience with coding.
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. I'm keeping security in my mind before everything. Most of coding time I've spent on FH is security stuff.

On twitter you need to register & login.
On facebook you need to register & login.
On insert_service_here you need to register & login.

Why do you people make such a fuss about a registration? You folks making it sound like someone's asking for your DNA samples and not your e-mail so he can protect your own a**.

read this carefully:

The first time you make a claim on a faucet which uses FaucetHub you just get prompted to make an account on FaucetHub. You then go and sign up with your bitcoin address and go back to your faucet and you are able to make the claim. You can then claim any time on any faucet and don't need to be logged into FaucetHub at all. To get a withdraw all you need to do is confirm your email address. After this the process is exactly the same as FaucetBox

This system/API is 100% compatible with existing FBox faucets and custom scripts as long as you have proper handling of the status code that get's returned by the API

EDIT: You're just telling faucethub: This e-mail is associated with this address, so no one can steal my satoshi.

Maybe I missed something, but where is problem to make script with registration option? If everyone will have to register to each faucet on Faucethub it will be more like faucet rotator..
What script, I'm not making any scripts yet.

Main website has grown to 1.6+ million registered users who are focused on crypto. Working on a advertising network, which aims to attract millions and millions of crypto impressions. If you need more info, PM me.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 03:11:55 PM

Oh, I think i got it! So to use faucets (faucet users) first someone have to register (one time) on FaucetHube?

Yes, a one time registration.

You wont even have to login in order to use/check address. This just secures your address from malicious users so they can't claim it as their own.

Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1134

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 03:19:16 PM

I'm not the average developer running shared faucet scripts. I'm someone who's got a decade's experience with coding.
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. I'm keeping security in my mind before everything. Most of coding time I've spent on FH is security stuff.

Why do you people make such a fuss about a registration? You folks making it sound like someone's asking for your DNA samples and not your e-mail so he can protect your own a**.

read this carefully:

The first time you make a claim on a faucet which uses FaucetHub you just get prompted to make an account on FaucetHub. You then go and sign up with your bitcoin address and go back to your faucet and you are able to make the claim. You can then claim any time on any faucet and don't need to be logged into FaucetHub at all. To get a withdraw all you need to do is confirm your email address. After this the process is exactly the same as FaucetBox

This system/API is 100% compatible with existing FBox faucets and custom scripts as long as you have proper handling of the status code that get's returned by the API

EDIT: You're just telling faucethub: This e-mail is associated with this address, so no one can steal my satoshi.

It seems that some misunderstood the registration process and create a problem about a trivial thing.What is proposed here is something quite simple, I do not see any problem at all in this.Any improvement in security is welcome, and if this means that the bots will have a harder job to steal satoshi from faucets balance I'm for it.

Less for bots,the more for legitimate users Smiley

keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:22:06 PM

Sorry for confusion, i already edited my previous post. I think that now everything is clear for me.

In my opinion that's very good idea, and no one should to have problem with that.. only bots!

Yes, a one time registration.

You wont even have to login in order to use/check address. This just secures your address from malicious users so they can't claim it as their own.

That's it.

Good idea!

.BITWIN.

██████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
bitzland

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:29:20 PM

read this carefully:

I'm not new on faucet world, i have play and own some faucet since microwallet start,
you cant compare your site to facebook, twitter or others, they cover the personal info and must to keep it

as a faucet user, i like to surf and earn anonymously, and as owner i want all of my users surf and earn in the easiest way, i decide to use epay, its Simple, Clean and Professional

thanks for your try
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 03:34:43 PM

read this carefully:

I'm not new on faucet world, i have play and own some faucet since microwallet start,
you cant compare your site to facebook, twitter or others, they cover the personal info and must to keep it

as a faucet user, i like to surf and earn anonymously, and as owner i want all of my users surf and earn in the easiest way, i decide to use epay, its Simple, Clean and Professional

thanks for your try
Actually, I confidently can compare faucethub to any of the sites I mentioned, since they focus on security. The sites we all deal with are in risk of getting hacked too, because we deal with money, not naked pictures and selfies.

You took the context and twisted it just to promote epay, and I don't mind.

You're welcome.

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 03:37:15 PM

Also, final warning. If you folks keep hyping epay in this thread I'll have to leak a security flaw they have which leads to money loss of their users, then I'll look like an asshole.

Fair play?

Kazuldur
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:41:56 PM

Also, final warning. If you folks keep hyping epay in this thread I'll have to leak a security flaw they have which leads to money loss of their users, then I'll look like an asshole.

Fair play?

Consider just self-moderating this thread and censoring it yourself. I've done that with FaucetBOX.com's thread and it worked out great (however I mainly focused on faucet owners self-promoting their sites and flamewars between users, not changing course of discussion)

That said I think preventing any ePay.info mentions here kinda misses the point. It's natural that these services will be compared and I don't really think ePay is "hyped" here (except for one message from guy that was spamming multiple threads, but moderators already cleared that).

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
bitzland

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:48:40 PM

read this carefully:

thanks for your try
Actually, I confidently can compare faucethub to any of the sites I mentioned, since they focus on security. The sites we all deal with are in risk of getting hacked too, because we deal with money, not naked pictures and selfies.

You're welcome.

First i'm sorry for mention the others, but its my right to compare the providers

now i have question

what is your offer behind user registration that others can't?
tomos81

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:51:19 PM

How is registration going to help against bots? It's an honest question, maybe I missed something Smiley

I mean, it's one thing when user has to register on each faucet. Then it doesn't make sense for bots to waste time and money creating accounts on that single faucets. But with registration on FaucetHub.io that'll change. Assuming 1000 faucets will move to FaucetHub.io, creating 10 accounts allows abusers to make 10000 claims with their bots. It doesn't help in any way. And I'm completely skipping the part where a bot for creating accounts is created, which should also be easy.
It helps with monitoring malicious user(s), flagging, reversing transactions, alerting entire network about a malicious user and a lot of other things

But the malicious "user" will probably be creating new accounts all the time. And all the other things you mentioned doesn't really change whether you require registration or not. You just changed the user identifier used in these action from cryptocurrency address to email address.

Kazuldur - imagine, that mex will implement a rule: 1 IP = 1 BTC address.. so bots will have much harder work to do it, especially if the registration will be secured with some captcha(s).
Also imagine, if lots of faucet owners will flag one IP / BTC address, it could be banned globally and will not disturb the faucet owners that using faucethub.
Also imagine, if mex will implement some badass IP database and you can check some checkbox to automatically use this blacklist..

The faucets will have much higher % of real humans, it can be hard times for bots and scripts Smiley  

fingers crossed mex!  (i know you already have these ideas in your code + much more) Smiley

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 03:58:37 PM

read this carefully:

thanks for your try

You're welcome.

First i'm sorry for mention the others, but its my right to compare the providers

now i have question

You're comparing something non existent to something poorly developed/non user friendly.

What do I have to offer, hm.

There's a lot, but I better show it when it's ready, than talk about it right now.

grosminer

Activity: 695

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 04:05:47 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2016, 04:23:01 PM by grosminer

now i have question

bitzland you're already using the other system and you are happy with it.. so stick to it, and don't come here, I will be happy.

Mexicantarget is making a system FOR HIMSELF first.. so he doesn't care about your needs or anything.
When faucethub will be released, you'll will be able to try it if you want and see if it does the job for YOUR needs..

alamin99

Activity: 868

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 04:11:43 PM

now i have question

bitzland you're already using the other system and you are happy with it.. so stick to it, and don't come here, everyone will be happy.

LoL...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Who will be happy here???  Shocked Shocked Shocked

grosminer

Activity: 695

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 04:23:28 PM

Edited my post to answer..   Wink

mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 09:27:14 PM

Getting closer..

StacyStock

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 09:33:18 PM

Looks Great Mex!

Stacy Smiley
mexicantarget
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 09:35:29 PM

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.