Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:27:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetHUB.io || +Microwallet (9 coins) ||+Dice & +Jackpot||+Games||+Exchange  (Read 116647 times)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 10:05:30 PM

I studied your API and i realised, the users must first register in faucethub before first claim.
Correct me if i am wrong.

I think it's not so good for comfortable users,but good thing in fight against bots Smiley
You're correct.

You shouldn't care what users going to say about this. (This might sound bad/harsh/ or whatever)
Users come to our sites and get -free- money. So they shouldn't be the ones having the last word, but us, the ones who provide that free money.
Correct me if wrong.

We're the ones protecting our own sites, not the users, so we have to do those things right.
We can't satisfy everyone.

I like that, especially if you will code some unique IP vs BTC address checker and ban some well known badass IPs  and TOR networks..
it will help to "new" and not experienced faucet owners to start their "business" much easier and it can probably resurrect te dying faucet industry Smiley
What I'm doing is going to resurrect the faucet industry. Can't give more info about this though. You'll see when the site launches Smiley
This might sound delusional as hell, lol.

You have a good attitude, grammar, and experience. I think you'll do good if you keep it up.
tyvm, I'm flattered.

I'm giving my best so I do this stuff right. I'm just hoping everyone will understand why some things have to be the "X" way and not the "Y" way they got used to

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 06:20:57 AM

For the record, as an honest faucet user and referrer, I don't mind having to sign up for a site or service, as long as I don't have to disclose any personal information other than my email address and btc address. Especially if this means that I can rest assured knowing that I can safely visit sites and make claims knowing that it is less susceptible to bot attacks.

From what I've read about this new microwallet and faucetscript on faucethub, I feel like it alone will revolutionize the way that faucets work. Why? Let's think about why most faucets are not sustainable:

There are mainly two reasons:

1. Bot/script attacks. Security has never been a major target for faucet script providers, other than the typical IP checks/blocks, but by the time the faucet admin has realized they've been or are being attacked, they've lost the majority of the balance that they've deposited into the faucet's bankroll. That means that honest users like myself are affected along with the faucet admin.

2. Ad networks banning the site. This is mainly due to the first reason. If your website is running ads from a big network like Google AdSense, it's their (Google's) duty to ensure that they are displaying ads on a legitimate website with great traffic visitors. If the site is overloaded with bots and traffic exchange visitors, that reflects very poorly on your analytics, hence raising flags at the ad networks to check your website. If there was a way to block bad traffic (which I'm sure mex is implementing in this new faucet system/script), then it's going to be an overall better advertising experience for the advertisers and the faucet owners.

The greatest thing about mexicantarget, in my personal opinion, is that he has a lot of experience working with faucets, which is experience that will pour over into the development of the faucethub environment.

Believe me when I say that this is mainly the reason why I am so excited to see the new round of bitcoin faucets that will arise from this... Let's call it The Faucet Experience v2.0 lol.

I can't wait, but definitely will as I'm sure it will be well worth the wait. But damnit mex, hurry up and clone yourself Cheesy

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 10:32:28 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2016, 10:43:30 AM by ahmedjadoon

I studied your API and i realised, the users must first register in faucethub before first claim.

I think it's not so good for comfortable users,but good thing in fight against bots Smiley
You're correct.

You shouldn't care what users going to say about this. (This might sound bad/harsh/ or whatever)
Users come to our sites and get -free- money. So they shouldn't be the ones having the last word, but us, the ones who provide that free money.
Correct me if wrong.

We're the ones protecting our own sites, not the users, so we have to do those things right.

It's a one time thing they'll have to do. Register their accounts so they can protect their own interests.
This is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather move to epay.info. The thing is that the faucet script that I along with other 90% faucet admins use, doesn't allow users to change their bitcoin address. Also, bitcoin address of a user is the only information it stores and it is the sole mean of logging in for users. Changing whole script and asking members to create account at a new service means losing 90% of users.
If you are looking to provide an alternative to Faucetbox, then at least make this transition possible. Just do some research and try to understand how Faucetbox effectively replaced Microwallet. Are you looking for a similar thing or want to create a totally new and different service. If the later, then you won't be able to get a lot of adoption.
Admin @ Dailyfreebits.com
tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 11:41:10 AM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

It's a one time thing they'll have to do. Register their accounts so they can protect their own interests.
This is a deal breaker for me. I'd rather move to epay.info. The thing is that the faucet script that I along with other 90% faucet admins use, doesn't allow users to change their bitcoin address. Also, bitcoin address of a user is the only information it stores and it is the sole mean of logging in for users. Changing whole script and asking members to create account at a new service means losing 90% of users.
If you are looking to provide an alternative to Faucetbox, then at least make this transition possible. Just do some research and try to understand how Faucetbox effectively replaced Microwallet. Are you looking for a similar thing or want to create a totally new and different service. If the later, then you won't be able to get a lot of adoption.

as far as i know, the epay needs first "registration" too... So i dont know why do you think the faucethub will be wrong choice for faucet owners. I am trustint to mexicantarget to 100%, if faucethub will be OK for his faucets , i think it will be great for all of us. And he is totally right, if somebody wants to get free satoshi, move his ass and register. It will reduce the number of bots.
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 01:44:19 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

as far as i know, the epay needs first "registration" too... So i dont know why do you think the faucethub will be wrong choice for faucet owners. I am trustint to mexicantarget to 100%, if faucethub will be OK for his faucets , i think it will be great for all of us. And he is totally right, if somebody wants to get free satoshi, move his ass and register. It will reduce the number of bots.
Didn't know that about epay.info. Look for another alternative.
Simply for the reason to not trouble 7000+ members to create a new account at another service for a few satoshi.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:03:20 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

Simply for the reason to not trouble 7000+ members to create a new account at another service for a few satoshi.
So, you're saying my 100k+ users from all my sites wont use faucethub because it has registration?

Like I said, people need to think outside the box and forget what they've been used to. As I've mentioned in my first posts on this thread, I'm making a secure service for my network mostly. If people don't like what I'm doing, I can't force them join the service.

Your members will probably have a faucethub account, because most probably they're using at least one of my sites, or they're using a site which will be using faucethub. If you keep thinking that way, you'll miss the fun, heh

Also, another thing I've learned is. Better wait for a working product, then complain about it Tongue
Anyway, it's a one time registration. They just have to secure their accounts so hackers don't steal their addresses/satoshi.

ePay.info

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

ePay.info Think different

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:15:00 PM

You're correct.

Correct me if wrong.

With permission form the owner
as you are talking about ePay.info i felt the need to answer you.
Users don't need to register first on our system
our system worked like faucetbox , users gets registered by just playing on faucets.
users need to register ONLY if they want to manage all of their addresses and currencies from one panel.
Kazuldur
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:29:47 PM

How is registration going to help against bots? It's an honest question, maybe I missed something Smiley

I mean, it's one thing when user has to register on each faucet. Then it doesn't make sense for bots to waste time and money creating accounts on that single faucets. But with registration on FaucetHub.io that'll change. Assuming 1000 faucets will move to FaucetHub.io, creating 10 accounts allows abusers to make 10000 claims with their bots. It doesn't help in any way. And I'm completely skipping the part where a bot for creating accounts is created, which should also be easy.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:33:37 PM

How is registration going to help against bots? It's an honest question, maybe I missed something Smiley

I mean, it's one thing when user has to register on each faucet. Then it doesn't make sense for bots to waste time and money creating accounts on that single faucets. But with registration on FaucetHub.io that'll change. Assuming 1000 faucets will move to FaucetHub.io, creating 10 accounts allows abusers to make 10000 claims with their bots. It doesn't help in any way. And I'm completely skipping the part where a bot for creating accounts is created, which should also be easy.
It helps with monitoring malicious user(s), flagging, reversing transactions, alerting entire network about a malicious user and a lot of other things
Kazuldur
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:43:19 PM

It helps with monitoring malicious user(s), flagging, reversing transactions, alerting entire network about a malicious user and a lot of other things

But the malicious "user" will probably be creating new accounts all the time. And all the other things you mentioned doesn't really change whether you require registration or not. You just changed the user identifier used in these action from cryptocurrency address to email address.

alamin99

Activity: 1078

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:45:36 PM

Registration for each faucet will be very annoying...  Cry Cry Cry
Kazuldur
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:47:31 PM

From what I understood, you won't have to register for each faucet with FaucetHub.io, only one registration for entire FaucetHub.io will be enough Smiley

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:48:10 PM

Registration for each faucet will be very annoying...  Cry Cry Cry

But the malicious "user" will probably be creating new accounts all the time. And all the other things you mentioned doesn't really change whether you require registration or not. You just changed the user identifier used in these action from cryptocurrency address to email address.
That's still a method of prevention. I use a combination of tools I've written with registrations and it works like a charm on my websites.

Anyway, I don't know why there's this talk going about. I just want to launch my own microwallet lmao.

I'm not forcing anyone join faucethub. If they don't like what the site will offer, they can freely join any other service Cheesy

Anyway, sticking to my ideas/development.

epay for the win!

From what I understood, you won't have to register for each faucet with FaucetHub.io, only one registration for entire FaucetHub.io will be enough Smiley
Correct.
alamin99

Activity: 1078

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:50:41 PM
Last edit: November 18, 2016, 04:18:07 PM by alamin99

That means I will claim from faucets but if I need withdrawal, I have to create account???

I have understood and liked your idea...  Smiley Smiley Smiley
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:52:57 PM

Maybe I missed something, but where is problem to make script with registration option? If everyone will have to register to each faucet on Faucethub it will be more like faucet rotator..

Oh, I think i got it! So to use faucets (faucet users) first someone have to register (one time) on FaucetHube?

It is interesting idea. If it will stop bots, i support it!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:55:41 PM

That means I will claim from faucets but if I need withdrawal, I have to create account???
I'm not the average developer running shared faucet scripts. I'm someone who's got a decade's experience with coding.
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. I'm keeping security in my mind before everything. Most of coding time I've spent on FH is security stuff.

On twitter you need to register & login.
On facebook you need to register & login.
On insert_service_here you need to register & login.

Why do you people make such a fuss about a registration? You folks making it sound like someone's asking for your DNA samples and not your e-mail so he can protect your own a**.

read this carefully:

The first time you make a claim on a faucet which uses FaucetHub you just get prompted to make an account on FaucetHub. You then go and sign up with your bitcoin address and go back to your faucet and you are able to make the claim. You can then claim any time on any faucet and don't need to be logged into FaucetHub at all. To get a withdraw all you need to do is confirm your email address. After this the process is exactly the same as FaucetBox

This system/API is 100% compatible with existing FBox faucets and custom scripts as long as you have proper handling of the status code that get's returned by the API

EDIT: You're just telling faucethub: This e-mail is associated with this address, so no one can steal my satoshi.

Maybe I missed something, but where is problem to make script with registration option? If everyone will have to register to each faucet on Faucethub it will be more like faucet rotator..
What script, I'm not making any scripts yet.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:11:55 PM

Oh, I think i got it! So to use faucets (faucet users) first someone have to register (one time) on FaucetHube?

Yes, a one time registration.

You wont even have to login in order to use/check address. This just secures your address from malicious users so they can't claim it as their own.
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 5621

Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 03:19:16 PM

I'm not the average developer running shared faucet scripts. I'm someone who's got a decade's experience with coding.
This is a good thing, not a bad thing. I'm keeping security in my mind before everything. Most of coding time I've spent on FH is security stuff.

Why do you people make such a fuss about a registration? You folks making it sound like someone's asking for your DNA samples and not your e-mail so he can protect your own a**.

read this carefully:

The first time you make a claim on a faucet which uses FaucetHub you just get prompted to make an account on FaucetHub. You then go and sign up with your bitcoin address and go back to your faucet and you are able to make the claim. You can then claim any time on any faucet and don't need to be logged into FaucetHub at all. To get a withdraw all you need to do is confirm your email address. After this the process is exactly the same as FaucetBox

This system/API is 100% compatible with existing FBox faucets and custom scripts as long as you have proper handling of the status code that get's returned by the API

EDIT: You're just telling faucethub: This e-mail is associated with this address, so no one can steal my satoshi.

It seems that some misunderstood the registration process and create a problem about a trivial thing.What is proposed here is something quite simple, I do not see any problem at all in this.Any improvement in security is welcome, and if this means that the bots will have a harder job to steal satoshi from faucets balance I'm for it.

Less for bots,the more for legitimate users Smiley

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:22:06 PM

Sorry for confusion, i already edited my previous post. I think that now everything is clear for me.

In my opinion that's very good idea, and no one should to have problem with that.. only bots!

Yes, a one time registration.

You wont even have to login in order to use/check address. This just secures your address from malicious users so they can't claim it as their own.

That's it.

Good idea!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
bitzland

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 03:29:20 PM

read this carefully:

I'm not new on faucet world, i have play and own some faucet since microwallet start,
you cant compare your site to facebook, twitter or others, they cover the personal info and must to keep it

as a faucet user, i like to surf and earn anonymously, and as owner i want all of my users surf and earn in the easiest way, i decide to use epay, its Simple, Clean and Professional

thanks for your try
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: