Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:53:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetHUB.io || +Microwallet (9 coins) ||+Dice & +Jackpot||+Games||+Exchange  (Read 116647 times)
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 06:56:14 PM

Okay, now.

I need you guys (FAUCET OWNERS) give me suggestions on what else you'd like to see on faucethub.

mexican, I remember another thing that can be implemented in FaucetHub. One faucetList, but with a "API" to we can create faucet rotators with the active faucets in the list (or rotator)...

"API" like this: https://static.faucetbox.com/scanthebox/BTC.js
Can do Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marioumarios400

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 08:18:44 PM

Great! i was worried now faucetbox is dead where i will go.
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 01:40:36 AM

This should explain simply what happens in the event that a user makes a claim and they don't have an account

Faucet Users
- You do NOT get the coins in a "reserved" account, you will have to make an account and do the claim/withdraw again
- You get an error telling you to register and to claim again after you have done

Faucet Owners
- Coins stay in your balance and the API request is returned as a "failed payout" with status 456
- As long as your script is handling the API returns properly (200 is a successful payout, anything else is not, just like faucetbox) you won't have any problems dealing with the error message
- The PHP library I made has a return object added for this situation which provides both a text message and a html message
- Users only need to make an account on FaucetHub when they want to withdraw their balances off your sites, which depends on the type of faucet you run, e.g. a direct to microwallet claim (faucetbox script) or a separate accumulation of balance and then a single withdraw (FG, my other sites etc.)

It's important to note that this is really a non-issue, as once the user has an account on FaucetHub they can claim like normal, from ANY faucet/website

In other words, this is going to operate in a very similar fashion to the way that epay and xapo and paytoshi operate now. Simple process, and once you have connected/registered your account, you'll be good to go with any other faucet that operates the FaucetHub API/script. This won't eliminate the problem with bot accounts, but it will make it difficult for bot accounts to effectively milk a faucet dry.

I feel like the only people that will complain about this type of registration are those that have something to hide Huh I'm all about my privacy on the internet, and I have absolutely no problems with creating a new gmail account (if I don't want to use my personal email account) for the sole purpose of registering a faucethub account.

Good shit, mex; can't wait for the new system!

mikey, hope this answers your question!

geekbasic

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 03:25:59 AM

This should explain simply what happens in the event that a user makes a claim and they don't have an account

Faucet Users
- You do NOT get the coins in a "reserved" account, you will have to make an account and do the claim/withdraw again
- You get an error telling you to register and to claim again after you have done

Faucet Owners
- Coins stay in your balance and the API request is returned as a "failed payout" with status 456
- As long as your script is handling the API returns properly (200 is a successful payout, anything else is not, just like faucetbox) you won't have any problems dealing with the error message
- The PHP library I made has a return object added for this situation which provides both a text message and a html message
- Users only need to make an account on FaucetHub when they want to withdraw their balances off your sites, which depends on the type of faucet you run, e.g. a direct to microwallet claim (faucetbox script) or a separate accumulation of balance and then a single withdraw (FG, my other sites etc.)

It's important to note that this is really a non-issue, as once the user has an account on FaucetHub they can claim like normal, from ANY faucet/website

In other words, this is going to operate in a very similar fashion to the way that epay and xapo and paytoshi operate now. Simple process, and once you have connected/registered your account, you'll be good to go with any other faucet that operates the FaucetHub API/script. This won't eliminate the problem with bot accounts, but it will make it difficult for bot accounts to effectively milk a faucet dry.

I feel like the only people that will complain about this type of registration are those that have something to hide Huh I'm all about my privacy on the internet, and I have absolutely no problems with creating a new gmail account (if I don't want to use my personal email account) for the sole purpose of registering a faucethub account.

Good shit, mex; can't wait for the new system!

mikey, hope this answers your question!

The unspoken truth is that publishers don't want to lose out on their sketchy users ip addresses. XD

Crystal11

Activity: 528
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 09:08:39 AM

On the internet we're all the same. Sex, religion, ethnicity and other individual characteristics don't matter.

Regarding not allowing certain countries not accessing an admin's site, it's totally his option.
We shouldn't judge their decisions, since they're paying for their service and we should respect them, no matter what.

However, I don't use any IP restrictions on my sites, since I find it a bit lame to group users/countries/individuals (except blondes with big b**bs.)
Awesome ! I will join to your sites in time and make claims. I really needed to know if you're using country filter. Thanks for the reply, for honesty and for not discriminating others.

E-currency exchange rates rating ▐ 70 claims/daily
 only in Komodo on Secryptzia and get paid instant to expresscrypto▐ Get paid to post on Beermoneyforum ▐ Claim 35+ cryptocoins from Dutchy autofaucet▐ Autoclaim in 27 coins on Express Dutchy autofaucet ▐  Earn satoshi with bitcoin-ptc Bitter.io (bitcoin PTC)  (min 10k direct to wallet)▐ Thanks for your support by joining these links Smiley Signature updated often.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 04:38:30 PM

Hey guys,

I need to take a break from coding.
I caught a cold and I had my wisdom tooth pulled out. It hurts like hell.

Need to recover fast, otherwise it will take longer to finish FH
xyzabc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Spacey The Bird★ Android Game , Bitco

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 04:42:59 PM

Hey guys,

Oh! Okay.. I was unaware! Recover fast! Get well soon!

BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2016, 06:57:34 PM

Hey guys,

Take your time bro. Good things come to those who wait.

I would rather have a short delay and have a dope finished product rather than a rushed launch with mistakes and errors all over the place.

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 21, 2016, 07:32:19 PM

Hey guys,

Take your time bro. Good things come to those who wait.

I would rather have a short delay and have a dope finished product rather than a rushed launch with mistakes and errors all over the place.
Indeed, just, it sucks it had to happen now, lol.

At least I can play poker on faucetgame now and chill for a bit Cheesy
Crystal11

Activity: 528

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 05:30:07 AM

Hey guys,

Ginger tea or Echinacea tea with honey and lemon are the best for cold  Smiley just google it if you don't believe me.
And are natural , without chemical pills  Smiley

E-currency exchange rates rating ▐ 70 claims/daily
 only in Komodo on Secryptzia and get paid instant to expresscrypto▐ Get paid to post on Beermoneyforum ▐ Claim 35+ cryptocoins from Dutchy autofaucet▐ Autoclaim in 27 coins on Express Dutchy autofaucet ▐  Earn satoshi with bitcoin-ptc Bitter.io (bitcoin PTC)  (min 10k direct to wallet)▐ Thanks for your support by joining these links Smiley Signature updated often.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 07:37:40 PM

Hey guys,

Ginger tea or Echinacea tea with honey and lemon are the best for cold  Smiley just google it if you don't believe me.
And are natural , without chemical pills  Smiley
Had some ginger tea, it's not as bad as I thought it would be, heh.

Gonna start working on faucethub again from tomorrow. Open beta with shadow coins (fake coins) will be open for public, very soon.
Please keep in mind: fake coins
nikec

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 08:30:16 PM

Gonna start working on faucethub again from tomorrow. Open beta with shadow coins (fake coins) will be open for public, very soon.

you the best, get better quickly, Bitcoin will not escape Smiley
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 09:22:41 PM

you the best, get better quickly, Bitcoin will not escape Smiley
I already feel better Smiley

-----

Hey guys, something I'd let you know: https://twitter.com/FaucetHubIO/status/801172729592479744
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 03:05:23 PM
Last edit: November 23, 2016, 04:02:07 PM by mexicantarget

Faucet owners will have a "Owner" label next to their name in the chat.
Added Today's payouts as well.

EDIT:

EDIT2:
tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 06:52:31 PM

I think i am the first Faucet owner that "using" FaucetHub Cheesy
However it's not finished yet, i promised to my users, they will be paid by this service.. (dont want to make an advertisement, who wants,will find my faucet)

So mexicantarget, fingers crossed , hopefully my users will not wait too long Smiley
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 11:15:15 PM

However it's not finished yet, i promised to my users, they will be paid by this service.. (dont want to make an advertisement, who wants,will find my faucet)

So mexicantarget, fingers crossed , hopefully my users will not wait too long Smiley

Don't be so shy. If you do not want to give the address of your faucet, I'll do it. Smiley

I think it is that one: http://klondikeunderground.xyz/VirtualPub/

Everyone wants to see how it works! Wink

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 05:19:15 AM

Don't be so shy. If you do not want to give the address of your faucet, I'll do it. Smiley

I think it is that one: http://klondikeunderground.xyz/VirtualPub/

Everyone wants to see how it works! Wink

I am not here to make an ad to my faucet Cheesy

ijust wanted to tell, i am probably the first who WILL use FH and already running the faucet Tongue
ReBTCer

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:08:05 AM

Take your time dude! make it the best Micropayment site in the world! also add lot protection to bots and hackers! Has a lot potential this project dude!

My Faucets! BTC|DOGE|LTC
(2 per cryptocurrency!)
http://bit.ly/2fqHL2w
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 06:45:03 PM

Folks, BETA will be ready for public in 1-2 hours from now.

Please use BETA thread for bug reports, feedback, etc:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1692263.0
toecutter

Activity: 622

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 10:48:41 AM

I believe your idea of adding use registrations is a very bad one.

Let me preface by saying that,
a) I do realize you have 100k+ users and can afford to not care
b) I will mention other similar services in this post, but I'm not a shill or endorsing those
c) SG support you no matter what, just for the fun of it

The beauty of FaucetBOX was that one could use it without even realizing he was using it.
(Hell, I can use FaucetBOX to send you bitcoins right now, and it will work, without you even having to learn what FaucetBOX is.)

Many newbie faucet users do not initially understand where are their satoshi going, assuming they will just end up in their wallets. As they eventually do! Some users can become worried and visit the "address checker" page. There, it explains the whole dust transaction ordeal, shows the progress till threshold and lists the latest payments. At this point, the user get an "a-ha" moment, it clicks, and FaucetBOX takes it rightful place as a middle-man in his mind.

An ideal faucet contains 1 address field, 1 captcha and 1 "CLAIM" button, with no redirects, no account sign-ups, etc (Such a faucet might not exist in this world). One page load, one form submission, one "drip". Your system complicates it by 3 extra steps, at best. At worst, it would just drive the poor user away. Now he has to learn what "faucethub" is, what a "faucethub account" is, which one is which, and why is that scary-looking number is even needed, if his "address" is just his email?

Then, you system kinda breaks the automation aspect. If I get error 456, there's nothing I can do about it without human intervention. For automatic payouts this is really problematic.

Case in point: let's say I want to migrate my faucet website with many referral users to FaucetHub. In a "perfect" migration situation, I would just start sending their satoshi to the new website, and the net effect would be the same. But with your new system, they will first have to become worried that their payouts have stopped, then investigate each and every site, create faucethub account, etc.

In a more philosophical terms, this systems abandons lots of good ideas bitcoin (and faucetbox after it) brought into the world. One of those ideas is that "accounts" are a meaningless archaic concept, that linking identity to a wallet address is futile and counter-productive, and that if you need to prove anything, you should use crypto (such as message signing), not privacy-intrusive methods like ID scans or email addresses.

I think it was really beautiful, that faucetbox pages worked as-is, with any possible bitcoin address, right out of the box. The fact that they were public to everyone reflected the fact that blockchain is public to everyone. Doing something meaningful to those addresses (changing the threshold, effectively requesting a withdrawal) was only possible if you had a private key, reflecting another important bitcoin idea: you can still retain control over what's publicly accessible.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all bitcoin-related sites should abolish accounts or off-chain transactions, I'm just saying faucetbox was getting the spirit of crypto. That account thing you're doing, it really doesn't.

What's worse, your system reduces the bitcoin address from a primary identifier to an attribute of a faucethbub.io account.
Why even ask for a wallet address at all? Arguably that's a waste of time, if your intention is to get to faucethub account name. And those are easier to remember too, so why not go all XAPO on our asses and just use that?

And to circle this back to the automation aspect, I would argue that letting the transaction pass, and keeping the coins in some kind of the "future" wallet is a more convenient way to do things for both faucet users and owners. Consider the:

hey, 1bitcoinAddressHSH, you just got 12 satoshi, but you can't withdraw them before you signup here, haha!

approach. That's what PayPal is doing (for credit cards vs email addresses) and that's what XAPO is doing (as far as I know). Or maybe it's a kind of a lose-lose situation, only to be solved by not having any accounts at all.

P.S. What happens when someone else gets my address linked to his account? Can I reclaim it using the message signing?

P.P.S.: How about an immediate ref.payout to a non-faucethub-approved BTC address?

Sorry for the wall of text, hopefully I've managed to express myself fully without angering you too much.

TL;DR accounts bad ; error 456 small yet deal-breaking change to faucetbox API

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: