Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:45:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetHUB.io || +Microwallet (9 coins) ||+Dice & +Jackpot||+Games||+Exchange  (Read 116647 times)
tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 10:59:13 AM

@toecutter, i agree with you in 90% and you have interesting PS and PPS.

but: in the beginning of BTC there wasnt bots, scams etc. You must protect your money and BTC address and its payments (yes this is the philosphy of BTC address - super secure and anonymous). So why not spend 1 minute from your life and register your FaucetHub account? It costs you nothing, just few clicks and 1 email confirmation. And i hope in mex's databse our data are in safe place. I hope and i am pretty sure, the number of bot attacks and dry faucets will be reduced in significant way,so there will be more rewards in human's accounts and no money for bots.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:17:35 PM

Hey guys, just woke.

@toecutter

I totally understand all your points, but I haven't even finished 50% of what I had in my mind Smiley

I'm going to give a detailed reply when I wake up properly
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:25:30 PM

Nice work mexican, you did excellent work!
I think you still have some work to do, for example i don't see how to put more than one address there, not everyone is using only 1 address for faucets, like someone with lots of referrals. I don't think creating multiple accounts with only one address is option.
I see there is chat with rains and tips like in your faucets, this is nice but not good without any protection, especially for newbies. I don't think everyone will sign up to faucethub the next moment they get coins from faucet, so someone could take other peoples address and send coins to his other account with simple /tip in chat. Maybe to sign message before joining chat?
xyzabc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

★Spacey The Bird★ Android Game , Bitco

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:26:34 PM

@toecutter
I had also conveyed my reservations about acount thing and how it will be confusing and hassling for people new to bitcoin and who already are very confused initially of how a digital thing is a real life currency too!
He at time talked about keeping some exceptions and that he was adding account thing for security purposes alone.
Maybe he'll give us option to turn account thing on and off!

So mex waiting eagerly for your reply!

tomos81

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:36:50 PM

I think i found a solution for non registered users..
Mex - make one table in mysql, only 3 fields -   ID (autoincrement lol) , BTC_ADDRESS (utf8_bin), and PENDING (INT)
if API sending some satoshis to non registered account, just update/insert to this table.. After reistering the BTC address the pending satoshis will be added to his account..

I think it's simple and effective

easy and nobody will lose satoshis Smiley
5ub_zer0

Activity: 238

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:39:01 PM

I think all faucet-owners know about the "problematic" with automatic account creation (faucetBOX sets up automatic for you and you have not to care about - enter your wallet address and threshold and here we go - some jokers maybe set the threshold for others to an other amount but ok your money is still save) but you can create 100 of these acounts without a check if the user exists - so if you are a billionaire and dont have to care about your money thats ok - for me I dont want to pay cheater - if a user dont want to register an account .. I really can deal with it one shady person fewer on my faucet and I can increase the reward for the good ones.  

mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 04:40:46 PM

I need you guys be patient until I finish everything I've planned to do. After I'm done, I'll do the edits/exceptions/adds which are needed to make the service easier for everyone.

I got a phone call, I need to leave for 1-3 hours.

For now, please, use the BETA topic to discuss about platform suggestions, bugs, etc.

Thanks guys Smiley
toecutter

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

SatoshiGalaxy

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2016, 06:25:24 PM

Hey guys, just woke.

@toecutter

I totally understand all your points, but I haven't even finished 50% of what I had in my mind :)

I'm going to give a detailed reply when I wake up properly

Don't worry about it, you have better things to spend time on. Just letting you know is good enough for me. Do what you have to do, and we will mostly follow anyway.

SatoshiGalaxy - MMORPG Faucet - No investments - Satoshi payouts.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 05:12:06 PM

https://faucethub.io/lottery
ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 12:13:20 PM

I believe your idea of adding use registrations is a very bad one.
~snipped
This is what I've been trying to explain from start.
BitCoinLegendary

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 12:40:36 PM

~snipped

This is the best idea I've ever heard of. I've never even heard of it before.
Registration Stop Bots, and bring full security to all faucets

The Greatest Ideas We've Ever Heard

Thank you mexicantarget, You are Really Hero and Saved the faucets  Kiss

Only Dead fish Swim with the stream,  swimming against the river is hard but you are not never alone
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 01:06:04 PM

~snipped

This is the best idea I've ever heard of. I've never even heard of it before.
Registration Stop Bots, and bring full security to all faucets

The Greatest Ideas We've Ever Heard

Thank you mexicantarget, You are Really Hero and Saved the faucets  Kiss

Only Dead fish Swim with the stream,  swimming against the river is hard but you are not never alone

I also support mexicantarget idea. Registering is that, what was missing in FaucetBox.
And this is not true that someone was using FaucetBox without knowing about that.
When i was using faucets, I always care to don't use faucets with own wallet (because of many scams) and i was choosing faucets with good micropayment system.
I'm sure that many users will also care about security of their hard clicked satoshi and they will choose FaucetHub.. Actually i have no doubt!

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 28, 2016, 05:28:07 PM

~snipped
There's a wall of text there. Can you elaborate? Smiley
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 03:39:32 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2016, 03:47:45 AM by mexicantarget

I'll say this once and most likely only once, so that people are clear on my views about this "account" vs "no account/anon" thing. Hopefully by the end you'll understand exactly where I'm coming from and why I chose this route.

Let's look at anon accounts for a moment
First of all I would like to thank FaucetBox for their project and what they brought to the community over these past years. Thanks to them my faucets are better off. I really respect what theys stood for up until now, but I have to talk about the concept and its flaws for a little bit.

FaucetBox uses anon accounts. That is, any user with a crypto currency address can go to any faucet or website which uses faucetbox and request a claim. That user does not need an account, and they will get the coins without needing any kind of second step or hassle in between the faucet and them receiving the payment. This is how everyone (users and owners) is used to the way the current "faucet industry" works. On the surface there's nothing wrong with this and it's pretty convinient, but convinience comes at a price.

There's a lot of good things about anon accounts:

• Is it easy for users? yes
  • Is it easy for new users? yes
  • Is it easy for faucet owners users? yes

You might think the above points are all you need to swing towards keeping the "anon" accounts side of this, but these points are exactly why it's so dangerous for th faucet industry.

But mex, my users need it easy
Do they really? Let's take a look at this: if it's easy for users it's easy for bots too.

Many people are trying to setup a new faucet today using faucetbox's "faucet in a box" script, and many of them will fail and have their faucet emptied quick. Others may have a bigger budget and can afford to stick at it a bit longer. All of these sites suffer from bot attacks. And of course what happens is they go and moan to faucetbox about their script and bots, and how they need better anti bot etc. They seem to expect that faucetbox will release a magic update which contains the best anti-bot they ever saw, that their balance can be protected and reserves for the rightful users and claimers.

Everyone by now knows the problem which bots cause. They look like regular users, they drain the faucet owners balance faster, they don't contribute to advertisement revenue, they dirty the faucet with bad IP, they give the site a bad traffic rating, they impact globally on analytics and google adsense's view of the site, and many more problems.

• Captchas? - can be bypassed
  • IP addresses block? - bypass by VPNs and proxies 1000 times over
  • User agent? - can be faked
  • HTTP request headers? - can be faked/forged
  • Bitcoin address blacklist? - it takes 1 second or less for bots to generate another 1000 addresses

I've been running my faucets for almost a year now. I have a a lot of anti-bot mechinisms, honey pots and traps all set up to try and catch bots. In addition to automated methods I can spot bots on my sites through social engineering, looking through and chatting with users to know if they are botting or not from their behaviour and how they talk. Not every faucet owner can do this or has the time for it. There is one thing I learned the hard way: there is no real antibot.

The fight against bots is an on-going struggle which will go on forever. Especially in this day and age where it's possible to hide your IP and completely automate your entire web browser session to manipulate a site, bypass a captcha and appear exactly like a regular user.

For the above reasons the typical "faucet in a box" faucets will fail very quickly without advanced knowledge of bot detection or a custom script.

Having said all of the above, that's no reason to give up. It's better to act in a preventative way than not to act at all on the problem.

It's all about incentive
This brings me back to the original point that if its easy for users its easy for bots. If there is an incentive, however big or small, and its a quick and easy method, they will exploit it on a mass scale. "Faucet in a box" script and other similar scripts are widely used, making them an easy target. Someone can make a bot for 1 site, and it would work on all sites using the same script. They don't even need an account, it's just rinse and repeat.

So... how do accounts solve the problem?
I'll come straight out and say that they don't solve the problem, they greatly reduce the problem. Here's why: making an account on faucethub is pretty easy, but it requires a valid email address. Before they make any withdraw they have to click the link in the email and activate. This is one extra step in the process that all bots need to take before they can exploit a FaucetHub faucet. This is not a particularly hard task for a bot to do, however it does take away some incentive from a lot of botters to try doing it on a mass scale.

Having user accounts allows for a lot of other protection to be built into the platform to have the inner workings tie together multiple users, weed out shared IP addresses, find malicious user-agents, mass ban the use of one-time email addresses and bad providers, and mass ban the use of multi-wallets and all sorts of other mechanisms that are not possible without an account.

Ok, I understand why you offer accounts, but why are they forced upon every user?
If they were not forced (like other providers who have accounts as an optional thing), then we might as well not have them at all. Simply becuase botters wont make an account if they don't have to.

Is it slightly annoying for users? Yes. Is it slightly annoying for new users? Yes. Is it slightly annoying for faucet owners? Not really.

You might think that a faucet needs to be easily accessible to all users and they should be able to get their claim in 1 click with nothing else needed. Name any other site which lets you do anything useful without an account? Bank account, paypal, ebay, even this forum. They all require accounts and valid verification to use the service.

Users don't understand "magic"
A lot of faucet owners think its easy for users to use a faucet "without knowing they are using faucetbox". They are worried about user adoption and adding more steps into the processes. I think this statement is false. With all the users I've come across with my faucets there's seen so many who contact me with these questions, and I'm sure I'm not the only faucet owner who deals with this.

"How do I make an account on faucetbox?"
"Can you send direct to my wallet, I don't have an account on faucetbox"
"I did a withdraw and my coins are not in my wallet its been 12 hours!!!"
"I made an account but my balance is 0 at faucetbox where are my coins!"
"I did a withdraw to faucetbox, but I dont have an account there?Huh??"

The service that faucetbox provided is truly "magic" in the eyes of some users. They don't understand what the need or purpose for faucetbox is. They don't understand that an account does not exist on faucetbox for users, despite the site being covered with info stating they don't need it. They don't know where their coins have gone despite reading that they went to faucetbox.com.

What they do understand, whether they are new or not to bitcoin is something like this: "You got $5 on PayPal". Why do they understand this? Because they know they have an account at PayPal, and therefore they are instantly aware of where their money is and how to manage it. They won't need to ask those questions above to faucet owners OR to faucethub.

---

That's a pretty long take on the situation, and I hope that people are clear on why I chose the "must have an account" route for FaucetHub. If anyone has any suggestions for the system I'm still open to hear it and discuss it, but don't expect the same kind of response in future when I've already made the above post.

This reply is aimed at everyone who PMd me trying to convince me that faucethub should be a carbon copy of faucetBOX.
Get over it. Faucet industry is going to change when FH launches.

Sorry for the long post, I don't have any potatos.
FaucetBoxTemplates

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 04:29:32 PM

accounts = email spaming database  Tongue Alienfaucet admin proved it.
Arnavm

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 04:39:57 PM

Mex,
M logged please help me.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 05:52:32 PM

Of course! When you register on websites like faucets or other "no name" websites, are you using your main eamil?
If yes, treat it as a lesson: Don't do that anymore! Create new email address that you can treat as an "emergency" (something like spam folder)
You're welcome Wink

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
FaucetBoxTemplates

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 29, 2016, 06:15:54 PM

Of course! When you register on websites like faucets or other "no name" websites, are you using your main eamil?
If yes, treat it as a lesson: Don't do that anymore! Create new email address that you can treat as an "emergency" (something like spam folder)
You're welcome Wink
You no need to teach me, try to bring it to the majority part of faucet users Wink
About bots : for registration and validate email's accounts with similar to the real people do not need to have a high skill in C# or C++. However, registration will repel the average user who uses faucets and faucet owners gonna lose their traffic.
mexicantarget (OP)
Legendary

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 01:45:59 AM

accounts = email spaming database  Tongue Alienfaucet admin proved it.
In 10 months of faucetgame's existence, I've sent less than 10 e-mails in total. I'm not looking to bank on users by spamming them.
Not even sure why you compare me with other people since you don't even know me.
You can ask my community about what I do with mails.

Mex,
M logged please help me.
Not sure how I can help you.

You're welcome Wink
People are too lazy to remember their info. Most of them will use their main mails.

You're welcome Wink
You no need to teach me, try to bring it to the majority part of faucet users Wink
About bots : for registration and validate email's accounts with similar to the real people do not need to have a high skill in C# or C++. However, registration will repel the average user who uses faucets and faucet owners gonna lose their traffic.
So, you're saying that sites which use faucethub wont be used anymore because faucethub has registration? lol

What you're saying makes 0 sense.
andresem

Activity: 161

View Profile
November 30, 2016, 04:06:57 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2016, 04:37:49 AM by andresem

when is done faucet script?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: