Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining farm maintenance and payment methods  (Read 454 times)
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 03:43:44 PM

Ok here's the case. I was hired to maintain little bitcoin farm, configure, monitor and watch over them. The thing was easy, after the end of month they transfer % BTC to my wallet, everyone is happy.
Then I was offered to maintain ETH farm and things got little bit confused to me, I mean the payment system and calculation process. I have to monitor price every day and write them down and at the payment day add everything and get my % coins to my wallet. I was wondering how can I automate this process ? Is there any way to get my % without these routine stuff ? maybe some pools have the option to send some % on secondary wallet or something like that ?
Any help will do a great job to me.
Thank you

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
induktor

Activity: 710
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:34:50 AM

Hey mettalmag

If it is too much trouble for you, why not requesting payment in bitcoins?, i was always paid in bitcoin no matter what coins they mined.

now i have my own farm, but if someone asks me to maintain his farm, i will charge in bitcoin price, i have no problem if someone pays me in litecoins (in the litecoin era they pay me in litecoins) or ethereum, but the exchange rate you take (ie your price) is in BTC.

BTC today is stable enough to use it as a reference (instead of fiat), they wobble a little yes, but nothing significant to affect your income IMHO.

BTW: unless I control the hot-wallet, i will request weekly payment, or at least every other week.  In all of the cases i maintained farms, i always controlled the hot-wallet, so they pay me once a month, of course there has to be some level of trust for that  Wink.

but that's just me  Grin i am waay to paranoid  Grin
cheers
indkt.

BTC addr: 1vTGnFgaM2WJjswwmbj6N2AQBWcHfimSc
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 02:44:08 AM

Ok here's the case. I was hired to maintain little bitcoin farm, configure, monitor and watch over them. The thing was easy, after the end of month they transfer % BTC to my wallet, everyone is happy.
Then I was offered to maintain ETH farm and things got little bit confused to me, I mean the payment system and calculation process. I have to monitor price every day and write them down and at the payment day add everything and get my % coins to my wallet. I was wondering how can I automate this process ? Is there any way to get my % without these routine stuff ? maybe some pools have the option to send some % on secondary wallet or something like that ?
Thank you

Well if you are OK with taking you pay in ETH, you could simply point that percentage to a pool using your own wallet address. Say you were paid 5% to maintain a 10,000 MHash farm, you would point 500 MHash to your own address. Of course you would need to explain this to the owners and get their approval, but I would think it would make no difference to them as they need to pay you one way or another.
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:05:05 AM

Hey mettalmag

If it is too much trouble for you, why not requesting payment in bitcoins?, i was always paid in bitcoin no matter what coins they mined.

now i have my own farm, but if someone asks me to maintain his farm, i will charge in bitcoin price, i have no problem if someone pays me in litecoins (in the litecoin era they pay me in litecoins) or ethereum, but the exchange rate you take (ie your price) is in BTC.

BTC today is stable enough to use it as a reference (instead of fiat), they wobble a little yes, but nothing significant to affect your income IMHO.

BTW: unless I control the hot-wallet, i will request weekly payment, or at least every other week.  In all of the cases i maintained farms, i always controlled the hot-wallet, so they pay me once a month, of course there has to be some level of trust for that  Wink.

but that's just me  Grin i am waay to paranoid  Grin
cheers
indkt.
for the bitcoin farm I'm doing the same. Farm itself has three investors, so there are three pool accounts and three soft wallets accounts, in this case I have access to all of them, I have no trust issues with BTC team.

The case is with second farm, there also are three investors, but I have no access to anything they use, except the dwarfpool statistics and of course systems itself. Most annoying part is that we have to switch from coin to coin too often and it makes me confused.
So the solution I came up with was very simple, but it little bit confuses me, what if I'll make an excel spreadsheet and write down every day stats, like hashrate, average coin price (whatever we will mine ETH, Zcash etc.) and my %. But still I can't figure out how.
mettalmag (OP)
Legendary

≡v≡

View Profile
November 07, 2016, 10:11:31 AM

Thank you

Well if you are OK with taking you pay in ETH, you could simply point that percentage to a pool using your own wallet address. Say you were paid 5% to maintain a 10,000 MHash farm, you would point 500 MHash to your own address. Of course you would need to explain this to the owners and get their approval, but I would think it would make no difference to them as they need to pay you one way or another.

for sure that would be much easier to me, but they won't allow it for reasons. I'm also OK with taking any coin as payment, but as I mentioned the daily stats in excel document will be better, I only need to figure out  the daily amount of mined coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: