Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2019, 12:24:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.18.0 [Torrent] (New!)

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything on BTCJam...  (Read 1158 times)
Kelticfox

Activity: 535
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:41:41 AM

In light of all the recent problems with BTCJam, I decided to look at their T&C and noticed a few problems.

This is probably stating the obvious to many people, but I think it should be a warning to newbies...

General Terms & Conditions:

Quote from: BTCJam
... In no event shall BTCJam or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,)...

... BTCJam may discontinue or make changes in the content and site at any time without notice to you and without any liability to you.

Lenders Terms & Conditions:

Under no circumstances should you attempt collection on a late payment yourself. In doing so you run the risk of creating a legal liability for yourself and the website cannot be hold responsible.

Privacy Policy:

We will not share the personal information you submit to the site, such as phone number, identity, address and credit score. This information will only be used to rate you.

So if a person defaults (like many have), BTCJam will not release the borrowers details, you cannot collect the deby yourself and you cannot sue BTCJam to reclaim any bitcoin.
It's a scammer's paradise! Get BTC and have no legal ramifications for paying it back!

BTCJam: Protecting the scammers and defaulters whilst legally taking a cut....

Veni, Vidi, Cidere, Prenda In Gen, Interlitum Verlgo Stipes, Dissiptum.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1090

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:53:47 AM

I'm still evaluating if this should belong here or Service Discussions, but I agree with your points there. Being verified on BTCJam does not mean anything at all - there is no legal ramifications, or even a simple doxing for the scammer. I've learnt to not invest anything on BTCJam since I read the TOS a long time ago. 

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Kelticfox

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:25:45 PM

I'm still evaluating if this should belong here or Service Discussions, but I agree with your points there. Being verified on BTCJam does not mean anything at all - there is no legal ramifications, or even a simple doxing for the scammer. I've learnt to not invest anything on BTCJam since I read the TOS a long time ago. 

I understand your points, but if possible, can you please leave it here?

It's intended as a warning for BTCJam and potential scamming and the fact there is no ramifications.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1090

Will read PM's. Have more time lately

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:30:51 PM

It's intended as a warning for BTCJam and potential scamming and the fact there is no ramifications.
Yep - IMO BTCJam should change their policies to dump all data on the scammers publicly or help to pursue the scammers legally.

My BTC Tip Jar: 1Pgvfy19uwtYe5o9dg3zZsAjgCPt3XZqz9 , GPG ID: B3AAEEB0 ,OTC ID: johnthedong
Escrow service is available on a case by case basis! (PM Me to verify I'm the escrow!)

Kelticfox

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 03:08:04 PM

Yep - IMO BTCJam should change their policies to dump all data on the scammers publicly or help to pursue the scammers legally.

That's what I'm hoping.

If enough people vote with their bitcoins by refusing to use BTCJam as they protect the scammer or defaulter, eventually either BTCJam changes their policy or goes bust.
The risk is solely on the lenders side. There needs to be protection for the lender as much as the borrower.

squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1025

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:58:55 PM

I now, No longer use it. Tho the new update is promising, Allowing Facebook/E-bay and the like to gain proof, But still is no real link to sorting out who is actually who they say they are, I am staying away until at least 2PA or PGP signed and verified elsewhere.
Ilikeham

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 01:10:32 AM

I have to wonder how many of these accounts that default have the potential to be set up by the site creators ... seriously, let a few serious guys get loans going and post lots of garbage accounts....

much more profitable than taking a cut and they obviously never pursue those who default..... wonder if this is why.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 12:20:32 PM

There's a reason they're on the suspected list.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.