Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 225 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔶 YOLOdice.com 🔶 suspended on 16st Mar 2021  (Read 143290 times)
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 05:40:13 PM

Hey ethan can you give a update regarding opening investments for ltc and also are you planning to add more coins in the future if yes can we have a glimpse of what they are going to be?

+1. Looking forward to investments being opened up.

I can feel the enormous pressure on opening the investments. I am really happy to see so many people willing to invest in LTC and ETH. We are working on a new "commission model" that I hope you'll like. I'll post about it a little more later. We also want to start the exchange first. I cannot give you exact timeline though. But I'll keep this thread up-to-date so if you follow it, you'll be the first to know!

Cheers,
Ethan
I hope you create a exchange which is decentralized and doesn't have any form of kyc and also can you tell the reason which is stopping you to enable litecoin investments i'm sure it isn't some hard coding or is it?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 10:05:05 PM

Hey ethan can you give a update regarding opening investments for ltc and also are you planning to add more coins in the future if yes can we have a glimpse of what they are going to be?

I can feel the enormous pressure on opening the investments. I am really happy to see so many people willing to invest in LTC and ETH. We are working on a new "commission model" that I hope you'll like. I'll post about it a little more later. We also want to start the exchange first. I cannot give you exact timeline though. But I'll keep this thread up-to-date so if you follow it, you'll be the first to know!

Cheers,
Ethan
I hope you create a exchange which is decentralized

Decentralized exchanges are way too hard to feasibly make, especially since it's for a dice site where the intention is to provide the player's convenience. The only way I could see Ethan doing decentralized exchanges somewhat easily is doing something with Lightning cross-chain atomic swaps, but Lightning is still experimental on both BTC and LTC networks, and would not work with ETH as far as I know.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
JL421

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 10:45:57 PM

Cheers,
Ethan

Decentralized exchanges are way too hard to feasibly make, especially since it's for a dice site where the intention is to provide the player's convenience. The only way I could see Ethan doing decentralized exchanges somewhat easily is doing something with Lightning cross-chain atomic swaps, but Lightning is still experimental on both BTC and LTC networks, and would not work with ETH as far as I know.
I didn't mean exactly a decentralised exchange but currently all these exchanges asking kyc is annoying i don't have many choices available right now , even if they create something similar to shapeshift i don't have any problem
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
April 11, 2018, 11:15:05 PM

I didn't mean exactly a decentralised exchange but currently all these exchanges asking kyc is annoying i don't have many choices available right now , even if they create something similar to shapeshift i don't have any problem

there is a huge difference between an exchange that doesn't have KYC and a decentralized exchange
but if not having a KYC is what you are looking for then for sure yolo won't apply that since they already have a gambling site that doesn't ask for that
and anyways the exchange should be for gambling purpose only since there are already a lot of exchanges
Lionidas

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:17:11 AM

there is a huge difference between an exchange that doesn't have KYC and a decentralized exchange
but if not having a KYC is what you are looking for then for sure yolo won't apply that since they already have a gambling site that doesn't ask for that
and anyways the exchange should be for gambling purpose only since there are already a lot of exchanges
Yes agreed. I do not think they will view this as a place where people will start depositing coins just for the fact of exchanging their crypto into an altcoin and moving it offsite. They will have a hard limit. As their bank of each alt coin would be in limited supply dedicated just for the exchange.
Well that is how it was while they had the AM bot doing the exchange for a short time.
I remember it had a limited amount you could exchange when you called it up to do one.
You had to wait until it was refilled to be able to do an exchange. So I would imagine this would be how the new exchange would work as well.
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 03:38:42 AM

Yes agreed. I do not think they will view this as a place where people will start depositing coins just for the fact of exchanging their crypto into an altcoin and moving it offsite. They will have a hard limit. As their bank of each alt coin would be in limited supply dedicated just for the exchange.
Well that is how it was while they had the AM bot doing the exchange for a short time.
I remember it had a limited amount you could exchange when you called it up to do one.
You had to wait until it was refilled to be able to do an exchange. So I would imagine this would be how the new exchange would work as well.

The new exchange will likely just match buyers with sellers, but will have less liquidity than a normal exchange, but will be on-site. Could be wrong, don't know what Ethan has planned.
JL421

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:20:11 PM

The new exchange will likely just match buyers with sellers, but will have less liquidity than a normal exchange, but will be on-site. Could be wrong, don't know what Ethan has planned.
On site that's not a bad idea but I'm assuming there was a exchange available before but the fees was 1% which is really high seeing thr competition around if the fees can be lowered that would be great
Lionidas

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:15:12 PM

JL421,
I think RGBKey is saying it will be like a localbitcoins type of interface. Where you post buy/sell order and someone will see it and fill it for you.
So I doubt there will be any fee involved as the previous exchange has had.
JL421

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 08:56:29 PM

JL421,
I think RGBKey is saying it will be like a localbitcoins type of interface. Where you post buy/sell order and someone will see it and fill it for you.
So I doubt there will be any fee involved as the previous exchange has had.
Got the idea but i think they can still make something which isn't there in the market and I'm sure fees will exist i just want a lesser fees why would they run a exchange without fees
ethan_nx (OP)

Activity: 745
Merit: 471

Admin at YOLOdice.com - fast, fair, play/invest.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 09:45:28 PM

We'll start with a simple "instant exchange" that would let you change between LTC <-> ETH <-> BTC. It will not be order-based - maybe this would come later. Right now it seems to me that a lot of people just want to exchange coins, not necessarily need a fully-featured exchange.

So, we'll start with something simple and maybe build something more.

This week I was really busy reconfiguring our infrastructure - if you noticed slow bets early this week, this was my motivation. I think I found why the bets were getting slow - actually it was the server processes that kept consuming more and more CPU cycles over time. There appeared to be an issue with garbage collection - it was far too aggressive and was unnecesarily consuming CPU. Sometimes a single bet would take 15 seconds and connections kept restarting.

Anyway, the bet speeds are back where they should be. The major limitation should now only be your location - if you have 50 ms ping to our servers (Europe), your max bet speed would be 10 bets/s. USA and the rest of the world should get around 5 bets/s, but bet speed should be stable now. Most lucky are Ireland and UK citizens obviously, they should enjoy around 30 bets per second :-)

I hope the servers will run stable now! It caused me a lot of nerves and frustration, so I am really happy to see snappy bets again!

If you have any issue with speed, let me know!

Cheers,
Ethan

JL421

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:21:58 PM

We'll start with a simple "instant exchange" that would let you change between LTC <-> ETH <-> BTC. It will not be order-based - maybe this would come later. Right now it seems to me that a lot of people just want to exchange coins, not necessarily need a fully-featured exchange.

Oh so it is just going to be a onsite exchange because there are 3 coins we can exchange between same like crypto games but what about the fees the cryptogames on site exchange take lot of fees have you planned anything
Lionidas

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 10:52:19 PM

Oh so it is just going to be a onsite exchange because there are 3 coins we can exchange between same like crypto games but what about the fees the cryptogames on site exchange take lot of fees have you planned anything
Never tried cryptogames before so can not see why they charge any fee if it is just like what Ethan is saying he has in the works for the site's in-site exchange.
If it is just like this then it would be more like what I have seen on another dice site I started with. And from what I remember, which was when they first started, they did not charge any fee for doing a straight switch from alt coin to alt coin exchange. The only fee would be the withdrawal fee when you moved funds off their site.
JL421

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 11:25:20 PM

Never tried cryptogames before so can not see why they charge any fee if it is just like what Ethan is saying he has in the works for the site's in-site exchange.
If it is just like this then it would be more like what I have seen on another dice site I started with. And from what I remember, which was when they first started, they did not charge any fee for doing a straight switch from alt coin to alt coin exchange. The only fee would be the withdrawal fee when you moved funds off their site.
It was actually the hidden fee for example let's say with 1 bitcoin you get 10 ethereum crypto games would give you 9.7 ethereum or somewhat similar i don't remember the exact rate but it was way higher than the current ratr
Kozojeb

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 12:32:03 AM

Any plans to add XMR?
JL421

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:05:43 AM

Any plans to add XMR?
I don't think so we will see any other coin support for a while as they recently added ethereum the next coin would most likely be added in july. Monero is a good coin but the community has less support for gambling in my opinion
Kiritsugu
Legendary

Activity: 1570
Merit: 1041

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 04:23:21 AM

We are aware of issues with PMs and DiceBot and a couple other things - the Admins have already been notified.  Ethan should be online in just a couple hours to fix everything.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
DogecoinMachine
Legendary

Activity: 2868
Merit: 1131

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple Games, Multiple Coins

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 06:45:42 AM

It was actually the hidden fee for example let's say with 1 bitcoin you get 10 ethereum crypto games would give you 9.7 ethereum or somewhat similar i don't remember the exact rate but it was way higher than the current ratr
I have to comment Smiley
We don't take any fees on exchanges. We're taking rates from multiple exchanges and taking the lowest rate in past 10 minutes, there's no fee involved, only a spread. That's to prevent any arbitrage attempts.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2018, 09:07:04 AM

We are aware of issues with PMs and DiceBot and a couple other things - the Admins have already been notified.  Ethan should be online in just a couple hours to fix everything.  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Indeed, totally my fault. It's all fixed now, both PMs and DiceBot work fine now.

Cheers!
Ethan

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 12:07:19 PM

Cheers,
Ethan

Lightning chain is still far to go because it is like imperfect chain. There is rumors that whenever people sending money through lightning chain, sometimes it will dissapear, not just some of their coin but sometimes it takes all of their coin and it gone without trace. If it is good to go then lightning will be the best option to decentralize it but for now there is no way to use lightning chain on here
ethan_nx (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2018, 08:23:47 AM

Lightning chain is still far to go because it is like imperfect chain. There is rumors that whenever people sending money through lightning chain, sometimes it will dissapear, not just some of their coin but sometimes it takes all of their coin and it gone without trace. If it is good to go then lightning will be the best option to decentralize it but for now there is no way to use lightning chain on here

Well, we need to be a bit "conservative" - I don't want to implement any new tech that is not  proven to work. I think we'll keep using conventional deposits and withdrawals for a while, but I am keeping my eye on LN and other innovations that pop up.

Last week I was really busy optimizing the servers, it was far more work that seemed. Bets should be snappier, lags should not happen (unless because of network connection). I had literally no time to work on the exchange, but it's coming for sure.

Cheers,
Ethan

Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 ... 225 »
  Print  

Jump to: