Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: California lealised Pot for recreational use  (Read 1244 times)
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 08:56:57 PM

Legalizing cannabis will keep it out of the hands of our children. Well, it will make it much harder for them to get.

I know your first reaction to that line will be WTF? this guy is full of it.

Kids buy it from other kids right now. They just have to ask their friends and then they have pot.

Meanwhile, when they try to get alcohol they have to ask a adult to buy it for them. Someone of age. That is much harder than asking your friend wouldn't you say? Ever had a kid come up to you in the parking lot of a liquor store asking you to get them some beer? Its happened to me and I have always said no.

Keep it away from our kids until they are 25 years old. Cannabis creates schizophrenia in young brains. Research proves this. By advocating to keep it illegal you're putting our kids at risk. Making you a child abuser!  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 09:20:31 PM

weed is not a drug, its just a plant that grows why or how can this be evil??

Lethally poisonous plants should be legal to sell for food consumption because plants can't be evil?

In other words, the logic that plants can't be evil isn't logical.

and the more people switch from alcohol to weed the better it is ofr the population

I drank a lot of recreational alcohol in my life and it didn't destroy my lifestyle habits. I remained an athlete and productive engineer. Alcoholism is of course an insidious disease with poor outcomes.

Those I've known who smoke pot have become unproductive drug dealers (other than my parents who quit after the 1960s). Seem marijuana is more lifestyle altering because it turns the man into weakling, shriveled, pothead. Turns women into hindbrain sluts.
[/u]
Disagree.

Michael phelps is a great example. Google search for many more. Look for the ted talks episode about cbd cannabinoid saving childrens lives as another positive example. I would go so far to say that your information on this subject is outdated.

And Im pretty certain you can't OD on pot, even if you eat lots and lots of it.

But really, with all the extreme agro people everywhere, why not let them relax a little, mellow out. The world could use less hate, and spend the resources on more pressing issues.

Crystal meth is the real enemy, that shit is everywhere across the country. Major major issues are caused by it.

sengazumi (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 03:24:02 AM

nomatter how legal weed is and nomatter how much i smoke i still wouldnt want my child to do drugs

but now with weed legalized they will soon legalise cocaine and meth too, i mean they should, whats the point of prohibiting substances when everyone still can get it??
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:18:35 AM

Glad to see the march towards legalisation and regulation continues.

This.. but about Crypto coins.

And i support it being legal i just don't want it blown in my face around town.
It's not like tobacco.. this is a drug that gets you high.
Measures need to be taken to address drug use all over.
Want guys blowing it in your little kids face at the bus stop ?

But i do support legalization though.. i smoked most of my life heavily.
If people WANT to smoke weed then i say who cares let 'em.
Legalization may be effective at reducing some organized crime too as a bonus.

The smarter choice would have been to finally get Psuedo-Ephedrine banned.
There is a about 6 places in the world where it is made and it would be easy to strangle out the meth trade.
The US govt proposed this and just kept getting shot down..
It shows how classy big-pharma is too.
Their idea was to make a half ass effort to make a substitute then keep making Sudafed etc.

Most of it is made from large quantities of raw chemical from the plants.
They do not need to crush pills LOL

No meth / cocaine will not be legalized ..don't be silly Cheesy

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:26:09 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2016, 08:43:05 AM by iamnotback

When drugs are illegal, people do not need to report that they are selling or using. In fact, they have even less inclination to do so for obvious reasons!

I think you misunderstand. When drugs are illegal, then the State (police, etc) are tasked to compile much resources into determining who is using and selling.

So you are suggesting that reporting is more accurate when it's illegal? That doesn't pass the smell test.

I wrote forced reporting, e.g. the police catching you. When it is legal, no one has any incentive to pry on what others are doing to report statistics, although corporations might compile sales figures if the industry becomes corporatized (well that data is surely already compiled by the drug syndicates but we don't have access to it).
iamnotback

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:28:06 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2016, 08:45:19 AM by iamnotback

Michael phelps is a great example.

He is an outlier. I've known potheads.

I am not saying that no one could perform well (or perhaps even better) with well controlled usage of pot. I am referring the average result and the culture of laziness/permissiveness it seems to promulgate or coincide with (which seems to portend other worse transgressions for the individuals).
iamnotback

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:29:05 AM

Legalizing cannabis will keep it out of the hands of our children. Well, it will make it much harder for them to get.

Not in Washington State for my kids! Damn it!

Just use some common sense folks.

The reason there are so many small time drug dealers is because of the corruption in the War on Drugs. The bankers actually finance the illicit drugs industry. They buy our politicians. The War on Drugs has been a farce. Whereas, in the Philippines Durterte is serious and the small time drug sellers are dead and no longer exist.

So they make drugs legal somewhere and the larger corporations can take over displacing the street dealers, so you argue that kids are less likely to get the stuff. Well hasn't worked that way so far in Washington State. I don't think you can buy pot at 7Eleven yet.

The problem is the culture of acceptance it creates. In WA State we have the boomers who all smoked pot in the 1960s and 1970s. So they look at pot as acceptable as drinking a beer. And thus we have rampant use amongst the youth and thus you can't stop your kids from being influenced by their peers.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:39:58 AM

those people that are against legalization are just haters, dont even care about them, they dont matter, we see the world realises that prohibition sucks and doesnt do anything good, but we still got the haters but they all die out sooner or later, so dont even sweat their stpid retarded opinion, they dont matter anymore as the law says now

fuck them, they are garbagae, they have have never been anything but haters so fuck them, piss on them they dont matter, they are the garbage now

they always pointed their fingers at us drug dealers but now we run the show and they still suck, so fuck em, they never mattered and never will

I suggest you move to a place of liberals and have it your way.

And I will move to a place of conservatives and have it my way.

Then we can measure which culture is more productive as I watch your liberal zones collapse into clusterfuck morass bankruptcy.

And this is the reason a breakup of the USA is coming...
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 12:02:14 PM

I am in favor for medical used and should be regulated but for recreatioal used a big no. Meaning, anyone who wants it can but it is not like a ciggaretes as one forumer ponts out and I do agree. You get high and sometimes can cause or inflict pain and violence.

Open for Campaigns
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:38:16 PM

You seem to rail against the state whenever possible. Yet, when it comes to a plant, you seem about as authoritarian as it gets.

You can't have it both ways. Either we are free to make our own decisions (which includes bad decisions), or we aren't.

Prohibition is a failure. It always has been and it always will be. Instead of pot and heroin, it's xanax and oxycodone. The authorities don't care if people use drugs, they just want to be sure they control the monopoly. You also get fantastic things like synthetic pot and fentanyl laced heroin, which kill people.

Do drugs fuck people up? Sure. Yet, I'd rather err on the side of freedom every-single-time.

The war on drugs (aka the war on personal freedom) is worse for everyone than simply letting junkies be junkies. It enriches a criminal class. It wastes taxpayer money on something which is not winnable. It militarizes local police forces who will find reasons to use their fancy toys.

You talk about common sense? So called conservatives are blind when it comes to drugs.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:38:34 PM

When drugs are illegal, people do not need to report that they are selling or using. In fact, they have even less inclination to do so for obvious reasons!

I think you misunderstand. When drugs are illegal, then the State (police, etc) are tasked to compile much resources into determining who is using and selling.

So you are suggesting that reporting is more accurate when it's illegal? That doesn't pass the smell test.

I wrote forced reporting, e.g. the police catching you. When it is legal, no one has any incentive to pry on what others are doing to report statistics, although corporations might compile sales figures if the industry becomes corporatized (well that data is surely already compiled by the drug syndicates but we don't have access to it).
The statistics gained from drug busts gives you no clue as to the level of use in the population.

Usage levels are best measured by voluntary polls, which happen routinely.
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 06:43:21 PM

Im not against capitalism and i kind of like the idea that people that work more have more BUT
look at the world and what capitalism has done to it and will do to this planet.

Capitalism is a disease and the only thing that matters in capitalism is to make money off the poor so maybe you have on your island more material stufff but i rather chill on my island with some weed and dont fucking work at all

Don't be an idiot. Capitalism has created the western world which grants everyone so much freedom and prosperity. That said, capitalism is pretty much impossible to find these days. What you have in the US is called corporatism, an entirely different beast and completely antithetical to capitalism.

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
iamnotback

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:33:56 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2016, 07:46:13 PM by iamnotback

why does a culture has to be productive, whats wrong when chilling in the sun all day an not do anything??

Try it and find out.

Usage levels are best measured by voluntary polls, which happen routinely.

Lol as if drug addicts aren't in denial, "I haven't used for last 4 hours, therefor I am no longer using" the addict says to the surveyor before hanging up the phone and grabbing his purple bong and turning on the lava lamp.

@Holliday, there is a video of you before drugs:

https://youtu.be/WmCYaZFjwtM?t=48
iamnotback

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 07:40:22 PM

You seem to rail against the state whenever possible. Yet, when it comes to a plant, you seem about as authoritarian as it gets.

I entirely support there being jurisdications where potheads can live unfettered.

But I don't think they should be allowed to subject their culture on my children. So I will choose to live in a society which banishes potheads.

I don't think we can live in large communities. We need small communities tailored to our preferences.

I love freedom, and I want potheads to have freedom. I also love my freedom to raise my children with my value system. Let's not abuse my freedom, while granting their freedom.
Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 10:57:20 PM

I don't think we can live in large communities. We need small communities tailored to our preferences.

I agree strongly with this. But I'm looking at the massive federal government we have now and thinking that their war on drugs is a total failure.

I entirely support there being jurisdications where potheads can live unfettered.

But I don't think they should be allowed to subject their culture on my children. So I will choose to live in a society which banishes potheads.

I love freedom, and I want potheads to have freedom. I also love my freedom to raise my children with my value system. Let's not abuse my freedom, while granting their freedom.

Fair enough. I would suggest that unless they are directly infringing on your rights in some way, what people do behind closed doors is their business. It's also the responsibility of the parents to teach their children about the evils in life, including drug abuse.

I hope you have the same feelings against alcohol though. I've had tons of experience with heavy drug users, potheads, and alcoholics, and I can tell you that alcoholics are the most damaging of the bunch. Potheads are, by far, the least bothersome of those three. They want to get high, watch TV, and eat potato chips. I'd rather deal with a pothead than an alcoholic any day of the week.

Holliday
Legendary

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 10:59:09 PM

@Holliday, there is a video of you before drugs:

https://youtu.be/WmCYaZFjwtM?t=48

LOL! This is the second time a discussion on bitcointalk has directed me to that clip. Smiley

iamnotback

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:06:26 AM

It's also the responsibility of the parents to teach their children about the evils in life, including drug abuse.

I hope you have the same feelings against alcohol though. I've had tons of experience with heavy drug users, potheads, and alcoholics, and I can tell you that alcoholics are the most damaging of the bunch. Potheads are, by far, the least bothersome of those three. They want to get high, watch TV, and eat potato chips. I'd rather deal with a pothead than an alcoholic any day of the week.

We don't have control over our kids. The schools, peers, popular culture, and social media apps do.

Also we don't have control over our kids when we divorce and the kids live with the former spouse.

Do you have teenagers now? Experience is the best teacher.

I'd be cool with making alcohol entirely illegal for minors except if provided by the parent of the kids for consumption under their parents' supervision. I'd be happy to make smoking entirely illegal for everyone.

Kids caught drinking outside of supervision would be subject to 3 days of intense exercise equivalent to boot camp military training. Ditto smoking. So as to replace their habit with experience and knowledge of intense exercise (which for the most part is the antithesis of consuming toxins).

It is impossible to make alcohol entirely illegal. Even Durterte in the Philippines didn't dare attempt that. He did put a liquor ban after 2am. And he put a curfew on minors I think 10pm. He has a smoking ban in public venues which include open air public transportation.

It would a lot easier raising the kids in a like minded community that watches each other's kids. So then we don't need all these strict laws.

Or I have another idea for society-at-large which is kids can do what ever the fuck they want, but the parents are not responsible for anything including not responsible for providing any financial support nor care to their kids.

I'd rather just be responsible for myself and no one else. But the State forces us to be parents. In that case, I'd rather raise kids in a small, close-knit community.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:58:45 AM

Legalization of marijuana is evil. Legalization of drugs will lead to degradation of the population. Now with a drug problem and will be even worse.

This is true. We can tell because look at how many people die from legalized medical drugs every year... hundreds of thousands.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
stats

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 12:54:43 PM

Legalization of marijuana is evil. Legalization of drugs will lead to degradation of the population. Now with a drug problem and will be even worse.

This is true. We can tell because look at how many people die from legalized medical drugs every year... hundreds of thousands.

Cool

Look how many people die because they do not have the medication they need. I for one support legalized Marijuana. It does have medicinal benefits which work.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: