Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:42:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Ditributed Cloud Computing] iEx.ec at Super Computing (SC16)  (Read 4119 times)
jbrg (OP)

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 10:34:45 AM
Last edit: November 09, 2016, 01:49:31 PM by jbrg

Hi all!

We're building a blockchain-based distributed cloud infrastructure and will showcase at Super Computing (SC16) in Salt Lake City. When blockchain tech meets High Performance Computing it makes sparks.

We've been working on Ethereum but also plan to deploy on Rootstock when it's ready.

If you have under-used computing resources and you want to make some money, contact us asap.

If you attend at Super Computing, see you at booth #615. We have a special Bitcoin surprise for you... Wink

Feel free to :

Stay tuned!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_ChucK_

Activity: 130

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 07:30:11 PM

Hello! What is your advantage over the project in this article.
And i'm more interested in the comparison with the Golem Project and Elastic Project.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 10:04:47 AM

So, basically this is cloudmining company which mining ether?
I've checked to your site and just found small information about the company profile.
You should keep it update your company progress, like your booth activity at super computing event(?)
gf_iexec

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

iEx.ec researcher & co-founder

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2016, 01:09:02 PM

Hi every one.

Thanks for your interest in iEx.ec. To answer the question about the comparison against Golem (it's a copy/paste from an answer I did on reddit).

In term of vision, iEx.ec aims at building a blockchain-based distributed Cloud, while Golem aims at building a worldwide supercomputer.
In term of technology, we benefit from our background in distributed computing. We developed several software on top of which iEx.ec is being built and those software have already being used to build distributed computing infrastructures. See details here: https://medium.com/iex-ec/understanding-the-technology-behind-the-iex-ec-distributed-cloud-d91965fff00a#.74a1ldjst
In term of products, I think that we'll have a shorter time to market. But time will tell, of course.
We're not addressing the same markets at the same time. iEx.ec is targeting at the first place blockchain-based applications that require extra data, extra applications and extra compute capacities. As I understand Golem, they first target HPC (or let's say HTC, High Throughput Computing) using GND as a mean of payment. At the end, both will probably converge.
My personal opinion is that Golem and iEx.ec are somehow competing against centralized Cloud providers. So I hope that in the future, there will be enough synergy between the two projects to pool our strengths.

I don't know Elastic yet. I just saw that they did an ICO a couple of months ago. I'll update.

Concerning SC'16, we'll post some update for sure.

For all the Chinese reader, we had quite a lot of media coverage these days. Check out here :

http://iex.ec/?page_id=21

iEx.ec
►BLOCKCHAIN BASED FULLY DISTRIBUTED CLOUD COMPUTING
WHITE PAPER | CROWDSALE | SLACK | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | REDDIT | YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN | BLOG
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 01:20:30 PM

And how does this cloud computing work? it only aims at cloud mining? or other cloud items as well?
How can you compete with the big companies with strong back ground in this section as for the costs and profitability?

🖤😏
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 03:59:45 PM

Are you based in France ?

The address on your website footer point to France and the contact email address points to inria.fr
jbrg (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 01:35:28 PM

And how does this cloud computing work? it only aims at cloud mining? or other cloud items as well?
How can you compete with the big companies with strong back ground in this section as for the costs and profitability?

Thank you for your questions and sorry for the late answer.

Any data-intense distributed app can use iExec infrastructure. That potentially includes btc mining if that was your question.

We provide the decentralized marketplace: devs and miners (or 'workers'/servers/data centers) will directly trade together. Pricing can be super agressive compared to folks like AWS.

iExec White Paper will be released in the coming days.

Stay tuned!

https://twitter.com/iex_ec
jbrg (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 01:59:30 PM

Are you based in France ?

The address on your website footer point to France and the contact email address points to inria.fr

We're based in both France and China (and we recently got awesome news about iExec China: http://iex.ec/?p=333).

The contact email address points to inria.fr because Dr. Gilles Fedak (co-founder) is permanent INRIA research scientist as you can read on this page: http://iex.ec/?page_id=69 (which will be updated asap)

Btw, we're hiring the best Bitcoin devs available. You can use this email address : contact@iex.ec

_ChucK_

Activity: 130

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 07:40:47 PM

Greetings! When can we see the WhitePaper, and a RoadMap? And what has already done at the moment?
Maybe there is some kind of test network?
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 09:01:28 PM

iExec (RLC) ICO Coming soon! Discussion Crowdsale #ICOTRACKER Ethereum blockchain    https://youtu.be/oG80IWi3-WU
BuySomeBitcoins

Activity: 434
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 09:15:04 PM

Best of luck for the project.

Keep us updated.
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 02:49:42 AM

Is it a coin or how does it work? because in this forum when someone tries to provide services they usually throw an altcoin and after that only thing people(community) cares about or talks about will be the price and exchanges to list it, like the service/project doesn't matter at all any more.

🖤😏
gf_iexec

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:09:25 PM

Hi Everone,

We have released our White paper !

You can get here : http://iex.ec/whitepaper

Enjoy our video trailer as well : https://youtu.be/kUM0qR2cmZY

Best,

Gilles

iEx.ec
WHITE PAPER | CROWDSALE | SLACK | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | REDDIT | YOUTUBE | LINKEDIN | BLOG
gf_iexec

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 08:15:41 PM

I take the opportunity to answer some of the questions.

* we will release a token, e.g a cryptographic token (like a coin) that will allow to access the computing resources people will trade on the market place.

* we're aiming at decentralizing the Cloud. At the moment the Cloud is extremely centralized which cause all sort of issues. You read more about the opportunities that Blockchain can provide to Cloud computing in this post  : https://medium.com/iex-ec/how-blockchain-can-improve-cloud-computing-1ca24c270f4f#.48u73pflu

Gilles

iEx.ec
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:27:09 PM

ICO iExec (RLC) added ICOTRACKER: https://icotracker.net/project/iex_ec
amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 09:53:39 AM

Hello ! Bonjour !
I would to back up your project in future ICO but I have some questions before..:
- If I understood the minimal cap is 3000btc, but there is a cap "essential" at 1500btc, so the project will start even if only 1500btc are gathered right ?
- 3000btc is not a little amount, right now it's pretty hard to get ( last days even Wings got 2k btc), the ICO starts soon and I think it is wise to get the ICO announce at sites like icocountdown.com or ico-list.com
- when the bounty campaign starts and where can I get info about it ?

Thanks for your response and good luck for this ICO !
gf_iexec

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 11:04:43 PM

@Kaznachej123 Thanks for the review. I love your site !

@amintek15 I'm opening a dedicated thread for the RLC token.

Let's continue the discussion on this thread .

Thanks (@jbrg why not close this particular thread)

iEx.ec
sixiangzhe

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 04:12:20 AM

Deserves attention!
Mihawk

Activity: 1150
Merit: 347

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:25:40 AM

This project's interesting! But you have no news for a few months! Nothing new? When will there be more communication? Or is it necessary to access the site to learn more?
housebtc

Activity: 588
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:10:38 AM

The team behind the project seems solid looking at the profile of each developers, but the need to put the project in face of investors, I think they are overestimating what they can get from China and with uncertainties coming out of China now they need to do more promotion and marketing for the ICO to be considered success, although 3000BTC is not a huge ask
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: