Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:30:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cameo with 18K gold mount brooch and/or pendant  (Read 409 times)
Pakgu (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 06:55:08 PM

I have a beautiful brooch / pendant.

https://s12.postimg.org/ema17bjq1/20161020_101314_250x300.jpg

I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

I sell it using bitify because they have escrow service.

https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-antiques/cameo-with-18k-gold-mount-brooch-andor-pendant-460257/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
November 06, 2016, 07:47:03 PM

I have a beautiful brooch / pendant.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

I sell it using bitify because they have escrow service.

https://bitify.com/auctions/collectable-antiques/cameo-with-18k-gold-mount-brooch-andor-pendant-460257/

Reposted for picture.

From bitify:

Quote from: Pakgu
Natural shell cameo depicting a young lady in profile, for wear as a brooch or pendant. Finely hand carved and set in a solid 18 carat gold mount. All original and in very good conditions.

DIMENSIONS: approx 2,8 x 3,5 cm - 1,1 x 1,4 in
WEIGHT: approx 7,6 g

Questions for OP:

How did you come to a price of $490? Do you have additional pictures of the hallmarks showing the gold purity being 18ct?

I do not see this being worth $500, or close to it. The amount of gold in this is insignificant. You might have more luck selling this on eBay, and not a Bitcoin Forum - these are somewhat popular on eBay, and you may get a couple hundred dollars for it. Good luck with your sale.

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Pakgu (OP)

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 01:26:29 PM

Thank for your feedback. The value is based on the quality of the work. Of course there are cheaper ones but they are mechanically reproduced. There are also much more expensive cammeo on the market. The framing is for sure 18 k gold. In case of doubt, anybody can check it and sent it back to me if I not convinced. I am sure we can organize a longer escrow service.

Regarding the quantity of gold, may be I have not understood the question.  Huh Jewel are consumer good, they are not considered an investment, for that you have to buy gold bullions. The difference with other consumer goods such as a phone is that a phone has no value after two years, a jewel preserves his value in the long period. Of course a phone and a cammeo are two different things, there are people that prefer one to the other and other people that have both...  Smiley
Zepher
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 603

Electricity is really just organized lightning

View Profile
November 09, 2016, 02:04:12 PM

Thank for your feedback. The value is based on the quality of the work. Of course there are cheaper ones but they are mechanically reproduced. There are also much more expensive cammeo on the market. The framing is for sure 18 k gold. In case of doubt, anybody can check it and sent it back to me if I not convinced. I am sure we can organize a longer escrow service.

Regarding the quantity of gold, may be I have not understood the question.  Huh Jewel are consumer good, they are not considered an investment, for that you have to buy gold bullions. The difference with other consumer goods such as a phone is that a phone has no value after two years, a jewel preserves his value in the long period. Of course a phone and a cammeo are two different things, there are people that prefer one to the other and other people that have both...  Smiley

Definitely not arguing with the fact that some cameo brooches are cheap - some are ludicrously expensive depending on the quality.

As for the gold, I was just pointing out that the amount is insignificant, and doesn't really add to the value of this as much as other items of jewellery. This would have at most 2 grams of 18ct Gold, which is about ~$60 worth. The cameo itself is what would make this valuable, should it be a quality piece.

Again, I think this is entirely the wrong place to try and sell this. You would get a buyer for this easily on eBay. On a Bitcoin Forum? Not so sure. Good luck anyway Smiley

My only payment address: 1ZephertJThxkHih7XcaUHBkMSnvkTt5u
Pakgu (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2016, 07:29:39 AM

HI,
as far as I know, in general teh mount of a jewel is an indication of quality. E.g. a gold ring with a stone in it is an indication that the stone is gold worth. Nobody would mount a diamond in a silver or metal ring and vice versa.

As far concerns ebay you are right. The best place to sell things remains the traditional ones. As I´m - as the most of us I suppose - enthusiastic of bitcoin I did this attempt. From my experience I have to say that probably bitcoin are still not used as alternative to money but they are still an investment like gold or stocks.  Undecided

I have a friend owning web site selling organic food. I convinced him to accept bitcoin. Let's see if there is a reaction of the market in this other area.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: