Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:13:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30]
  Print  
Author Topic: What does a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?  (Read 30152 times)
setupbounds

Activity: 910
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:06:27 PM

Only in the case of big capital investments from his side he can make some affect on bitcoin's price. That thing that he became the president and his inauguration didn't support even a move in the price for bitcoin. So, I suppose he or his decisions in politic can't mean a thing to bitcoin.

Why can not? And if Trump forbids the use of bitcoin? This will affect the price of bitcoin in general and the bitcoin community. But I would not like such a solution

Yes. Trump can prohibit bitcoin or start a global war with strong countries, which will significantly reduce the price of the currency. Now he had no influence on bitcoin, because he did not do anything serious.
That is a good point, a war with a country that has a strong affect on the currency would cause the price of Bitcoin to do down. There are a lot of variables that affect Bitcoin and one of them is the U.S. president. I don’t think much will happen too soon unless he makes a change in Bitcoin by condoning it to everyone which I don’t see happening because I can’t find a motive that would cause him to do that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ilonamihaly

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:33:14 AM

International law? You must be kidding mate. Of course, we don't know what Trump is up to and what he will eventually end up with, but please don't make mention of the international law here. Should I remind you how many wars previous American presidents starting from Harry Truman have unleashed? And how many of them do you consider as having not been qualified for the presidency?
johncartersr

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:37:24 AM

Having trump as a president means nothing in bitcoin. It will just continue to operate as how it operates like trump never win. Trump will just affect bitcoin if he made a law that bans bitcoin's use in USA or he support bitcoin and advertise it to the US Citizens.Of course as long as people re happy and having an opportunity to earn I think he will leave it as it is. Besides most users I think is from US,it creates opportunity to its people also.
wilsonwilly1

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:47:05 AM

On the other hand, you shouldn't forbid what you can't prevent. In this manner, abolition of the abortion rights (if he really did that, I don't really know) would only lead to illegal abortions with likely tragic and devastating consequences. Just in case, I'm also hands down against abortions, but outright prohibiting them is not a solution. This topic seems to have turned mainly in discussing Trump's personality in general and his personal traits specifically, though as a president of the US, one of the most powerful countries in the world, these may well touch on Bitcoin's fate in the future. Therefore, they are not totally offtopic
rahul10948

Activity: 378
Merit: 114

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:19:51 AM

Its a pretty good question. As a businessman. I think bitcoin can be mean for Trump. Not also for Trump but also for the economy. I expect in his management bitcoin will be more on exposure. But for me, even Trump dont support blockchain technology. Bitcoin will keep on rising since many people understand and starting to adopt this kind of currency. ALL the best to trump economy
summerbray

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:22:43 AM

Okay, I should have written that he convinced half of the voters since I obviously meant those who voted, though I agree that you could misconstrue it in the way you did. I didn't mean newborns, babies, kids, immigrants and those who don't have the right to vote as well as those who just chose not to vote at all. But this doesn't in the least mean that those who might but didn't vote are 100% against him as you are insinuating. You say that 60M of Americans are dumbasses, but I object to this in the way that you don't really know whether it is only 60M who are since you can't possibly know his real support in the American society but you still stubbornly assume that it is only limited to just 20%
jackkun

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:42:30 AM

he's a bussiness man.i think he does not care about it.but Ministry of Economics really be care about it
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 08:47:37 AM

Since the election of Trump to the new US President yesterday, many questions about Bitcoin arise.

Will he promote Bitcoin and make it a breakthrough? Will he even officially ban Bitcoin? Will he make such a bad economic (and monetary) policy that Bitcoin will be seen as an alternative for many?

What do you think, what will a President Trump mean for Bitcoin?

To me personally I don’t like President Trump, but I do hope that as a businessman he might be able to broker some leverage or be able to look for ways to regulate or to streamline bitcoin and even the whole of the cryptocurrency market. However I don’t see this comingn anytime soon with how no conversation being in it by President Trump. As he is swamped by a lot of issues and allegations and the whole of the workd in general

rtyudg

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 08:55:51 AM

I think that President TRUMP will not have any opinions on Bitcoin. Bitcoin has not affected the development of the United States. Why do you think that TRUMP will affect Bitcoin?
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 09:28:36 AM

he's a bussiness man.i think he does not care about it.but Ministry of Economics really be care about it

Presdident Trump does care in the sense that he will want to get as much tax as possible from bitcoin holders in any way he can to boost the economy.

GeorgiyBilyk

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 10:01:53 AM

when any serious politician speaks and speaks about a certain thing, this thing immediately attracts a lot of attention and media! I do not mind that politicians and influential people have their own opinion and vision on this or that thing! the main thing is that these people do not put a stick in the wheel and give a calm development of the biktoin and the whole crypt world!

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
decoder88

Activity: 346
Merit: 103

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 04:19:48 AM

I doubt trump will bother much with bitcoin.  He's a good business man and not a dictator why would he ban bitcoin.  Even if Trump banned bitcoin on the US, the rest of the world will just carry on using it.  Grin
But we need think the possible outcomes of intervened of President Donald Trump in Bitcoin because it can change on how we rule Butcoin.
dubinsky

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:04:00 AM

After Donald Trump was elected president, the media reported that the digital currency (cryptocurrency) is now the main focus of the US. Trump and the ranks want to make sure bitcoin is not used for illegal activities. A good decision I think. Lately there's news that Trump is banning transactions involving petro, a digital currency published by Venezuela. I hope that the decision could have a good impact on the value of bitcoin and other crypto coins.
heidikarenina

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 05:14:25 AM

Trump will not care about bitcoin, if he wants to push digital coin's usage, he will possibly instruct the fed to create a FedCoin or something, he can't use a coin that he doesn't have the control of.
NABILA AKTER SHILA

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 08:32:12 PM

We do not know for sure what changes will be made in the future. So we do not even know what the trumps have in mind. He can also accept Bitcoin and encourage investors to increase Bitcoin acceptability. It has the ability to ban the trump, and no decision of us will be out of its opinion.
WakinXXX

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 09:51:48 PM

Think so that Trump won't affect productivity of the current bitcoin. our years bitcoin are a global digital currency, very strong.
it won't give any effect. the bitcoin will still have the existence.
Roman Coinson

Activity: 112
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 12:06:42 AM

I think it's too naive to think that Trump has any interest in bitcoin. It is important for him to avoid impeachment Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30]
  Print  

Jump to: