Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:46:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you have any problems with your online wallet  (Read 2263 times)
Zigsss

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:14:58 AM

only use blockchain, because of the problem in coinbase that what you said, sometimes i do gambling and they cam freeze your account because of it , afraid if my account got freezed, i never use coinbase

I also do not use coinbase because of that, if you gamble your account can get limited and than you are fucked for life, I think blockchain is way better in that fact.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Factmine

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 05:41:57 AM

Why not just use an offline wallet? It's more secure, more reliable and a lot more features! First of there is a great chance that the service might close, declare bankruptcy or steal your coins if they get so much. If you use those wallets on your PC, Phone or hardware wallets, it's much much more secure and you have some awesome features like  signing messages.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 08, 2016, 12:35:55 PM

only use blockchain, because of the problem in coinbase that what you said, sometimes i do gambling and they cam freeze your account because of it , afraid if my account got freezed, i never use coinbase

I also do not use coinbase because of that, if you gamble your account can get limited and than you are fucked for life, I think blockchain is way better in that fact.
It is the case with all online wallets including blockchain. I've heard of cases with xapo and coinbase more compared to blockchain but it's not that blockchain doesn't track or won't track our expenses.

It is safest to use offline/physical wallets for gambling instead of an online wallet even if you have access to your private keys.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 01:42:44 PM

Why not just use an offline wallet? It's more secure, more reliable and a lot more features! First of there is a great chance that the service might close, declare bankruptcy or steal your coins if they get so much. If you use those wallets on your PC, Phone or hardware wallets, it's much much more secure and you have some awesome features like  signing messages.

Even physical wallets can be insecure if your pc or phone is infected with a virus. There are ways to lose you coins no matter if it's a physical or online wallet and hence it's recommended to use over 3-4 wallets and not store all your coins in one wallet. Paper wallets are still better than physical wallets.

uanode

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2016, 06:34:58 PM

Blockchain.info is OK, despite the inconvenience they introduced recently with a new interface version and transition to HD wallet system.

Still far much better than Coinbasenonsense, where your cryptocurrency freedom is basically gone just because of US regulations (I specially don't care about these).

Anyway, consider using an offline wallet.
JANGKRIK BOSS

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2016, 09:07:21 AM

I don't like with the wallet of the circle, too many verification so that when I move the computer makes me trouble to login. After I can login, immediately I move all the balances in the circle to the Coinbase and Xapo.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 11, 2016, 06:58:23 PM

For depositing your bitcoins to gambling sites you need to adopt blockchain because it is a totally anonym wallet and they do not bother their members with any type of investigation but they follow the rule of anonymity and freedom for bitcoins
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2016, 10:31:48 PM

For depositing your bitcoins to gambling sites you need to adopt blockchain because it is a totally anonym wallet and they do not bother their members with any type of investigation but they follow the rule of anonymity and freedom for bitcoins
You are right that blokchain wallet is good option to use it for gambling sites. But it's not totally anonymous wallet, they requires user email to create account. But good thing that they never asks to send your ID or driver license.

TheBobman

Activity: 72

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 02:50:31 AM

I never had any problems with my wallet, and I also do protect them good so maybe that is the fact it does not get into any problems, sometimes the transactions are slow but that's all.
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Wolf

View Profile
December 13, 2016, 12:30:51 PM

Problem?  Yes of course,  Here are some of them.

1). They don't give private keys
2). They can block/freeze your account
3). They can ran away with your coins
4). They are commonly the target of hacking groups
5). Need to verify your account to do some things ex. transactions with gambling sites

So It will be best to just store small amounts of bitcoin in an online wallet cause it is risky

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Antesth

Activity: 71

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 03:02:21 AM

I never had any problems with my wallet, and I also do protect them good so maybe that is the fact it does not get into any problems, sometimes the transactions are slow but that's all.

I also do not had any problems with any wallets since 2 years back, everything is working fine and I never had any issues.
ArdiPrabowo

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:17:04 AM

Even if your account gets closed by coinbase, you can still withdraw your funds from it for the last time and then you won't be able to login again or use that address ever after.
The problem with blockchain is that even if you are the owner of the keys, still you cannot sign a message. Earlier version of blockchain had this feature afaik.

coinbase never open service private key and sign message
coinbase wallet is same exchanger wallet can't anything only send and receive payment
if receive from ilegal site, gambling and more your coinbase account blocked and freezed
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 05:04:14 AM

Problem?  Yes of course,  Here are some of them.

1). They don't give private keys
2). They can block/freeze your account
3). They can ran away with your coins
4). They are commonly the target of hacking groups
5). Need to verify your account to do some things ex. transactions with gambling sites

So It will be best to just store small amounts of bitcoin in an online wallet cause it is risky

These are possibilities of issues that can happen, but did one of those items already happened to you? Did you already have any issue with an online wallet?

Because risks there are everywhere, we are under risks everytime, but I can tell you even being in risk I never had any of those problems. The worse thing can happen is a hacker attack, this is irreversible, but if you are using a legit service with guarantees, their support will help you on others difficulties.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 03:25:16 PM

I am currently using coinbase.com as a bitcoin wallet for myself and i find it a little bit inconvenient because Coinbase's system try to prevent people from gambling. They can block our account if we gamble too much. If i had a chance to redesign coinbase, i would remove this function forever

I don't know why coinbase follows this kind of policy. Recently I read a very good article where coinbase tracking user funds if they spend their coins in gambling and adult sites even though they reselling in other exchanges and may be bans them. There are many user complaints; some of them you can take a look here https://99bitcoins.com/coinbase-review-6-controversial-issues/
Superways

View Profile
December 25, 2016, 10:04:49 PM

It is the case with all online wallets including blockchain. I've heard of cases with xapo and coinbase more compared to blockchain but it's not that blockchain doesn't track or won't track our expenses.

It is safest to use offline/physical wallets for gambling instead of an online wallet even if you have access to your private keys.
I thing that problem is only with coinbase web wallet because I do not have faced the problem with my other web wallets and not have heard from any other bitcoin user to claim the issue with any other web wallet but only with coinbase.
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2016, 12:56:23 AM

I thing that problem is only with coinbase web wallet because I do not have faced the problem with my other web wallets and not have heard from any other bitcoin user to claim the issue with any other web wallet but only with coinbase.
Internet is full of complaints about Xapo. They lock users accounts and ask for verification, same as Coinbase. And Xapo sometimes is very slow to verify documents and it's hard to get answer from their support.
I use both of these wallets, but so far didn't faced any problems and they didn't asked me to send documents.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 724

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 07:45:16 AM

I am currently using coinbase.com as a bitcoin wallet for myself and i find it a little bit inconvenient because Coinbase's system try to prevent people from gambling. They can block our account if we gamble too much. If i had a chance to redesign coinbase, i would remove this function forever

You cant do anything about it because coinbase is somehow following some rules by the government and using it on gambling is not really advisable because you are violation their ToS and they would surely block or freeze your account.For now,i don't have any problems regarding on my online wallet which is blockchain.info and the one thing that I could complain sometimes is the transaction confirmations times.
sunsilk

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 08:12:11 AM

I also do not had any problems with any wallets since 2 years back, everything is working fine and I never had any issues.

May I know what is the wallet that you have been using for 2 years? I just want to know if we have the same wallet.

I've been using blockchain for several months and I can say that is good enough and I don't have problems with it either.

Even the fees that are deducted automatically, I don't see it as a problem as it is going to be paid for the miners.

Superways

View Profile
December 26, 2016, 09:44:23 PM

Internet is full of complaints about Xapo. They lock users accounts and ask for verification, same as Coinbase. And Xapo sometimes is very slow to verify documents and it's hard to get answer from their support.
I use both of these wallets, but so far didn't faced any problems and they didn't asked me to send documents.
Yeah I know that internet is full of the complaints against xapo  but there is no any complaint which claim that xapo has blocked their account for the usage of it for gambling. The complaints are only of the case that they ask documents and lock the accounts without any reason.
Supebox

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 11:56:43 PM

Nope there is not really happening something with my online wallet and its pretty good secured, can easily access it too so, nope.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: