Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:54:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me choose a bitcoin wallet.  (Read 2623 times)
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:08:13 AM

much better to choose blockchain bitcoin wallet or local bitcoin wallet in your country which is offering the best services that you can used more that the other bitcoin wallet. And much better to have more bitcoin wallet to lessen the risk of your money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 6321

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 08:14:55 AM

Electrum would be the easiest choice imho. Just please make sure your computer is also safe and free of viruses/trojans/keyloggers.
The wallet is light, easy to use, pretty safe and you hold control of it 100%, so even if you win a fortune you will fear that somebody else has access to your money. And it syncs instantly.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 09:16:52 AM

I've been searching for wallets and I'm not sure which to use.

My situation:
I want to try gambling on Fortune Jack. If i win something I'm simply going to cash out and never use bitcoin again, the same if i lose. Or maybe ill gamble again every once in a little while. But that's practically the full extent of my use for bitcoin.

So based on my personal use of bitcoin, what would be the best wallet for me?
I'm new to bitcoin in general so if someone could explain the process of selling as well, i would appreciate it.
Peace//

I recommend multibit classic,it's pretty easy to use and comfortable to work with,the UI is also clean without excessive colors.
kalpit

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 11:04:54 AM

My situation:
I want to try gambling on Fortune Jack. If i win something I'm simply going to cash out and never use bitcoin again, the same if i lose. Or maybe ill gamble again every once in a little while. But that's practically the full extent of my use for bitcoin.

I'm new to bitcoin in general so if someone could explain the process of selling as well, i would appreciate it.
Peace//

Since you appear to be new to Bitcoin, I would recommend you not to use offline wallets.
You should use don't online Bitcoin services like Coinbase and Xapo.

Big Coinbase and Xapo can let you store ,send, receive, buy and sell Bitcoins. Both of them are trusted ones.
Benefit of Xapo would be that you don't have to pay transactions fees(not very high).

For you, i would recommend ty use Coinbase or Xapo for selling Bitcoins rather than using other exchanges.

Hope it helps
justdimin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 03:47:54 PM

My situation:

Peace//
Better try use block.io , they do not have issues based on where the bitcoin is coming from but if you try use online wallet like coinbase  that may land you into serious trouble that your money could get lost at the the end because they hate gambling activities.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 04:24:59 PM

My situation:

Peace//

First is if you are going to use for gambling then dont go for online web wallet instead download desktop wallet as i am using electrum i can suggest it but you can try other also. As in desktop wallet you will be having full control of the bitcoin address with keys so in future if any problem you can sign message and no one will ask you anything if you are going to use bitcoin for any purpose
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 4127

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:20:46 PM

PLEASE NEVER USE ANY SORT OF ONLINE WALLET, BLOCKCHAIN OR ANYTHING. [1] Electrum and MultiBit do not transfer your private keys anywhere and are comparatively much safer.

Most wallets that are safe do not offer a way to sell. Some online wallets like Xapo offers the feature of withdrawing through their debit cards. It won't be safe nor cheap.
[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/573lis/it_looks_like_blockchaininfo_has_been_dns_hijacked/

- Hackers can very very easily compromise your security through man in the middle attack.

There were several issues affecting the RNG in the past.

I guess ill give Electrum and MultiBit a look. Can you give me a safe place to buy Bitcoins.
Also, FortueJack offers a way to buy Bitcoins through their website. would that be safe?

I would recommend Bitfinex or coinbase for buying Bitcoins. When using coinbase, it is recommended to use a mixer before transferring to your own address.
-snip-
Since you appear to be new to Bitcoin, I would recommend you not to use offline wallets.

Big Coinbase and Xapo can let you store ,send, receive, buy and sell Bitcoins. Both of them are trusted ones.
Benefit of Xapo would be that you don't have to pay transactions fees(not very high).

For you, i would recommend ty use Coinbase or Xapo for selling Bitcoins rather than using other exchanges.

Hope it helps
There is 0 disadvantages of using a desktop wallet especially since nearly all of them uses a seed which would allow the addresses to be accessible from several devices. The UI is friendly enough, even for paper wallets and Armory in offline mode.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
kalpit

View Profile
November 11, 2016, 05:33:08 PM

-snip-

Hope it helps
There is 0 disadvantages of using a desktop wallet especially since nearly all of them uses a seed which would allow the addresses to be accessible from several devices. The UI is friendly enough, even for paper wallets and Armory in offline mode.

I was recommending use of online wallet as-
1. He can directly but, sell Bitcoins there
2. He is new to it
3. He is only willing to use it for a specific thing. ( Maybe to be used only for done days). So why download the application.
4. I feel online wallets are easier to understand. There are support sections.
5. For desktop wallets, applications must be  installed on each of the device.
6. It would be easier to remember passwords of Coinbase or Xapo.
7. I don't think he needs things such as paper wallets, offline mode.
ranochigo
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 4127

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 03:10:48 AM

The two online wallets you mentioned has very specific policies regarding transactions related to gambling. If they see any transactions that involves a gambling site, they may close your account without any notice.
2. He is new to it
How hard is it to find the send and receive button? Online wallets are not any better in terms of UI. And this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=99.0
http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html
3. He is only willing to use it for a specific thing. ( Maybe to be used only for done days). So why download the application.
I'm not sure how hard it is to take 2 minutes to install a program as opposed to creating the account in 5 minutes. Desktop wallets gives you a lot more privacy and security.
5. For desktop wallets, applications must be  installed on each of the device.
How many do you want. If you are going to use a web wallet, you would probably be downloading it to your phone too.
Does anyone still memorise their private keys?
7. I don't think he needs things such as paper wallets, offline mode.
Neither do I. I just gave it as an example that desktop wallets are as, if not more user friendly than web wallets.

███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
kalpit

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 03:46:56 PM

The two online wallets you mentioned has very specific policies regarding transactions related to gambling. If they see any transactions that involves a gambling site, they may close your account without any notice.
If I'm right, Xapo is based in Switzerland. So, it does not restrict gambling transactions.
But yes, you are right for Coinbase(US based), it has closed several accounts for gambling site transactions.

2. He is new to it
How hard is it to find the send and receive button? Online wallets are not any better in terms of UI. And this:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=98.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=99.0
http://docs.electrum.org/en/latest/faq.html

Personally, I feel UI of Online wallets is good.

I'm not sure how hard it is to take 2 minutes to install a program as opposed to creating the account in 5 minutes. Desktop wallets gives you a lot more privacy and security.
Yes, you are correct that it can take more time for setting up online wallet.
But security isn't a concern of online wallets.(Only concern is the wallet company scams;  Coinbase Xapo are trusted) We have an option to set 2FA + password. Also, while making any transaction, your IP would not be revealed at the blockchain.

Does anyone still memorise their private keys?
NO, I'm not telling about memorising the key.
He may misplace his private key.

Yes, but that's not a big point.
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 04:29:18 AM

I have used jaxxi.io wallets couple months ago and everything went fine, i can use jaxxio for save bitcoin, ETC, ETH, LTC, DASH, ZCash, augur and RSK for Beta tester. Jaxxio is support for smartphone too it is very simple usage. For more the informations you can check on here https://jaxx.io/
craZyLovE0916

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 06:09:19 PM

My situation:

Peace//

-- i used COINOMI apps for my mobile wallet..
This is easy to used for gambling for me.. It easy to change btc to other currency...
... Easy to loose btc in gambling..
Use more currency.. Like litecoins dash etherium.. To balance your money in gambling..

XXX_BTC1@

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:22:05 AM

My situation:

Peace//

electreum is the best wallet so once you have to try and use this wallet for your need. in this wallet have security and great saving power of bit coin. if we have to reavel our passwords and private keys to others nothing to worry about this. so electreum is the best and secure wallet for using. you try to use this wallet never leave this.and it is easy to change bit coin to other currency so once youhave to check and use electreum wallet. if you interest to use hardware wallet then try once trezor wallet it can also provide security to your bit coin and your private keys.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: