Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:55:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash EQM Zcash NVIDIA optimized miner [Maxwell/Pascal] + CPU mining v1.0.4c  (Read 237998 times)
lucasan123

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 04:06:31 PM

has anyone tested 1060 ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sir_James

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 04:29:40 PM

has anyone tested 1060 ?
ZOTAC GTX 1060 3GB 230H/s
ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB 250-260H/s

When I tested it for fun...
NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 10:45:38 PM

We have another speedup ready, mostly beneficial to GDDR5X cards (Titan X Pascal will go over 600 for sure). Stock GTX 1070 gets 390 Sol/s.

We have decided to release source of miner and open it up to work on every pool in near future. We will prepare full statement why we have decided that.

Regarding linux: somewhere along the line of optimisations, linux version simply stopped working correctly (is giving incorrect results). We do not have enough man power (+ there are holiday times) to track down the issue, but I am sure community will find it and fix once we release the source.

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace
Kompik

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:00:57 PM

We have another speedup ready, mostly beneficial to GDDR5X cards (Titan X Pascal will go over 600 for sure). Stock GTX 1070 gets 390 Sol/s.

We have decided to release source of miner and open it up to work on every pool in near future. We will prepare full statement why we have decided that.

Regarding linux: somewhere along the line of optimisations, linux version simply stopped working correctly (is giving incorrect results). We do not have enough man power (+ there are holiday times) to track down the issue, but I am sure community will find it and fix once we release the source.
This is very nice, thank you for the hard work you put in!! Smiley

Bitrated user: Kompik.
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 11:01:09 PM

Well done : very nice work with your optimisations and generous to share the source.
Thank you very much!
vs.crypt

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:24:06 AM

Congratulations in advance on your decision!
Should be a nice piece of code.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:24:55 AM

Weird, interested to hear why that is... I could understand opening up to pools and making it a fee based miner, but open source is something else entirely.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
abctoz

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:40:39 AM

Weird, interested to hear why that is... I could understand opening up to pools and making it a fee based miner, but open source is something else entirely.

Maybe has something to do with the first release by nicehash, which was open source and used work by a few different contributors. Although there is no doubt nicehash has made a great many optimizations to the CUDA code, which will be really interesting to see. This is great news for miners and also very generous by nicehash for sure!
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:56:59 AM

Maybe has something to do with the first release by nicehash, which was open source and used work by a few different contributors. Although there is no doubt nicehash has made a great many optimizations to the CUDA code, which will be really interesting to see. This is great news for miners and also very generous by nicehash for sure!

I'm actually thinking Nicehash coders have reached a brick wall and they're going open source to get 'input' before going closed source again.

BTW Nicehash as I've asked in other threads, consider tackling Cryptonote. The code basically hasn't been touched in years and it's a pretty big economy. Definitely something worth taking a look at.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:53:41 AM

well their competition it's already dead because EWBF provide already a pool unlocked miner, so i see no point for them to keep their version closed source
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 08:05:55 AM

The EWFB miner cannot do 390sol/s on stock clocks. Nice Smiley

When are you planning to release it?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW ZILLIQA + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
xPwnK

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 08:14:48 AM

Thank you nicehash for your nice work with this miner. Open source is great news for miners.
vaulter

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 08:33:03 AM

I'm actually thinking Nicehash coders have reached a brick wall and they're going open source to get 'input' before going closed source again.

BTW Nicehash as I've asked in other threads, consider tackling Cryptonote. The code basically hasn't been touched in years and it's a pretty big economy. Definitely something worth taking a look at.
I second that - Nicehash - are you going to look at Cryptonote algo maybe asking the same dev who worked on Zcash djeZo?
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 08:58:46 AM

well their competition it's already dead because EWBF provide already a pool unlocked miner, so i see no point for them to keep their version closed source

Because they're incapable of improving their miner, just like EWBF can't either? Your logic sometimes really blows my mind. When you open source something everyone adopts whatever makes your miner better into theirs.

ioglnx

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:08:30 AM

Because they're incapable of improving their miner, just like EWBF can't either? Your logic sometimes really blows my mind. When you open source something everyone adopts whatever makes your miner better into theirs.

You have one logical brick in this statement. You have not any proof that this is the case. You speak as you are sure 100% but what if again your statement turns out to be wrong?
I often see you 1.) saying EWBF and other should sell their code to nicehash 2.) then you complain here at nicehash why it is not open source. 3.) pointing you to your illogical ends up with strange accusations and insulting.

Sometimes it is better to wait and see and observe instead of accuse and speculate the bad way.
But anyway sometimes you also have good statements :-D Happy new year.

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:12:55 AM

you clearly didn't understand my point, i repeat, there is no point in them having their miner closed source when there is already another oen with almost the same speed that can mine on any pool

they have understood this finally
Nikolaj

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:14:34 AM

Here we go again with the "regurgitating brothers"  Grin

@nicehash, wise decision. Thanks !
xPwnK

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 09:58:35 AM

[WARNING]

EWBF is fake. He is using our EQM to make 2% fee on it.
He is always one step behind as you may noticed.

It is sad, because we have paid big bucks for the EQM's source, just to protect our miners from the dev fee. And here we go again, a dev fee. He is not a Robin Hood, he is practically leasing our miner for a 2% dev fee! Is this something you support? I would understand he would stole it and release the source, but no. He is egoistic like that.

Actions like this are delaying our miner development and its quality.

STOP using his software or ask him to release HIS source first.

Really? How can you know and do you have any proof? I've been using his miner but I'll stop using it if it's really stolen.
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:04:57 AM

you clearly didn't understand my point, i repeat, there is no point in them having their miner closed source when there is already another oen with almost the same speed that can mine on any pool

they have understood this finally

You realize they have been the ones releasing faster versions first right? You could just as easily say 'because Nicehash continually releases a faster miner, you should open source yours' to EWBF. Conversely then Nicehash coders would adopt EWBFs code.

The whole reason it's closed source is so someone doesn't copy their code. Whether or not they can or can't mine on all pools is independent of the coding effort put into it.

I understood your point perfectly, it's just dumb and doesn't really make sense when it comes to IP.

[WARNING]

It is sad, because we have paid big bucks for the EQM's source, just to protect our miners from the dev fee. And here we go again, a dev fee. He is not a Robin Hood, he is practically leasing our miner for a 2% dev fee! Is this something you support? I would understand he would stole it and release the source, but no. He is egoistic like that.

Really? How can you know and do you have any proof? I've been using his miner but I'll stop using it if it's really stolen.

I've thought something similar for some time. You can tear apart someones code even if they don't give you the source unless it's encrypted and even then you can possibly do it. Wolf was talking about tearing apart Claymore's in his thread.

But yeah, proof needs to be offered in this case. EWBF did have a faster miner then Nicehash for like a week, I think that adds merit as well (I believe it was .3?)

Completely putting aside protecting the actual IP with coding, you guys could look at this from a objective standpoint too. Only reason people are using his miner is due to a 2% dev fee and you can use it with other pools. You could do the same thing with your miner (or fee free on Nicehash) and there would be no point in using his miner.

krnlx

Activity: 243
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 10:06:34 AM

[WARNING]

Very interesting, but how ? He extracted your cuda kernels and used them? But how you explain, that his linux version faster, than yours ? You said that you have issues with linux version of 1.0.4, but his 0.0.8b works flawless.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: