Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:10:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NiceHash EQM Zcash NVIDIA optimized miner [Maxwell/Pascal] + CPU mining v1.0.4c  (Read 237998 times)
NiceHashSupport

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2016, 06:27:27 PM

We need to put it into good old nheqminer, since we don't want to make eqm code base public (there is no need for that).

If we only make solver public, then we know what will happen... tons of "private miners" will emerge. Except, if you make a promise to put solver into it on your own and make it available for everyone Wink

NiceHash.com - Largest Crypto-Mining Marketplace

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:51:30 PM

We need to put it into good old nheqminer, since we don't want to make eqm code base public (there is no need for that).

If we only make solver public, then we know what will happen... tons of "private miners" will emerge. Except, if you make a promise to put solver into it on your own and make it available for everyone Wink

wasn't going to be open source? why you simply don't make it a standalone miner? private miner will have no point anymore unless there is still huge improvement with this algo
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 06:59:33 PM

well their competition it's already dead because EWBF provide already a pool unlocked miner, so i see no point for them to keep their version closed source

Because they're incapable of improving their miner, just like EWBF can't either? Your logic sometimes really blows my mind. When you open source something everyone adopts whatever makes your miner better into theirs.

you clearly didn't understand my point, i repeat, there is no point in them having their miner closed source when there is already another oen with almost the same speed that can mine on any pool

they have understood this finally

You realize they have been the ones releasing faster versions first right? You could just as easily say 'because Nicehash continually releases a faster miner, you should open source yours' to EWBF. Conversely then Nicehash coders would adopt EWBFs code.

The whole reason it's closed source is so someone doesn't copy their code. Whether or not they can or can't mine on all pools is independent of the coding effort put into it.

I understood your point perfectly, it's just dumb and doesn't really make sense when it comes to IP.

it's faster by what 2-5%? pointless when they actually pay less in the end, their miner have no reason to stay closed source, and this was true already with the first version of EWBF not now

But EQM have 100% cpu load, EWBF only 10%.     Nice hash fee more than 2% fee.  

Using EWBF and the normal pools i earn more $$$ than I get when I use your EQM.

If you are Robinhood and want to protect miners from dev fees, then lay out a miner that not locked on nicehash.
More like what you are simply unhappy that we have miner with a similar hashrate, and use the normal pools, not nicehash

both have same consumption and same load for me, what are you talking about?

it's like their are based on the same code...EWBF can really be the one that is coding for nicehash and on top of that he released another copy paste version with 2% fee so he earn even more...

I don't think you understand how coding and IP work. The whole reason they keep it closed source is so people don't copy it and then turn it into their own miners, then build off of it ending up with a (usually) superior product... which is basically what this thread turned into for exactly this reason.

that is only one point of it, because if the 2% fee miner was tied to a pool i would not use it and many other also would use the nicehash, if none would use it they should not bother if someone else copyed their work and it's making money(nothing actually if none use it) and release it open source

It's funny when we have this entire quote structure going on here and you decide to completely jump ship and talk about a different issue as if it were relating to what we were originally talking about.

Guess that's what happens when you know you're wrong and can't just not reply.

People are going to tear it apart, why would it matter if it's in EQM or NHEQ?

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

CryptoLearner

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:15:02 PM

well their competition it's already dead because EWBF provide already a pool unlocked miner, so i see no point for them to keep their version closed source

Because they're incapable of improving their miner, just like EWBF can't either? Your logic sometimes really blows my mind. When you open source something everyone adopts whatever makes your miner better into theirs.

you clearly didn't understand my point, i repeat, there is no point in them having their miner closed source when there is already another oen with almost the same speed that can mine on any pool

You realize they have been the ones releasing faster versions first right? You could just as easily say 'because Nicehash continually releases a faster miner, you should open source yours' to EWBF. Conversely then Nicehash coders would adopt EWBFs code.

The whole reason it's closed source is so someone doesn't copy their code. Whether or not they can or can't mine on all pools is independent of the coding effort put into it.

I understood your point perfectly, it's just dumb and doesn't really make sense when it comes to IP.

it's faster by what 2-5%? pointless when they actually pay less in the end, their miner have no reason to stay closed source, and this was true already with the first version of EWBF not now

If you are Robinhood and want to protect miners from dev fees, then lay out a miner that not locked on nicehash.
More like what you are simply unhappy that we have miner with a similar hashrate, and use the normal pools, not nicehash

it's like their are based on the same code...EWBF can really be the one that is coding for nicehash and on top of that he released another copy paste version with 2% fee so he earn even more...

I don't think you understand how coding and IP work. The whole reason they keep it closed source is so people don't copy it and then turn it into their own miners, then build off of it ending up with a (usually) superior product... which is basically what this thread turned into for exactly this reason.

that is only one point of it, because if the 2% fee miner was tied to a pool i would not use it and many other also would use the nicehash, if none would use it they should not bother if someone else copyed their work and it's making money(nothing actually if none use it) and release it open source

It's funny when we have this entire quote structure going on here and you decide to completely jump ship and talk about a different issue as if it were relating to what we were originally talking about.

People are going to tear it apart, why would it matter if it's in EQM or NHEQ?

They indeed seems to take a step-back, with a "hu,oh, we may have been too hasty" attitude lol, this isn't going to end nice Sad
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:40:58 PM

sure, funny thing is that their miner was stolen anyway for them(they are accusing ewbf and they weren't thinking this today, probably since ewbf's miner released...) and you say that they were keeping it private because they fear that it could be copyed, no-sense

the real reason is that there is no point in keeping it private anymore when there is a better miner out there, and if slower by 1% the simple fact that it can mine everywhere make it better

obviously it has to do, since the beginning, with the fact that they want people to mine at their site and not on other pool, they were keeping it private after that because of the faster speed, but the game is over
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:05:28 AM
Last edit: December 31, 2016, 07:17:26 AM by bensam1231

sure, funny thing is that their miner was stolen anyway for them(they are accusing ewbf and they weren't thinking this today, probably since ewbf's miner released...) and you say that they were keeping it private because they fear that it could be copyed, no-sense

the real reason is that there is no point in keeping it private anymore when there is a better miner out there, and if slower by 1% the simple fact that it can mine everywhere make it better

obviously it has to do, since the beginning, with the fact that they want people to mine at their site and not on other pool, they were keeping it private after that because of the faster speed, but the game is over

Now you're just making shit up to justify the original point you were trying to make, which was stupid 'which is why don't they just release it because EWBF allows you to use all pools', it literally is in the quote tree. Look at your first post. And that is completely fallacious as I've mentioned numerous times, you have no idea how coding works. The whole reason they kept it private was so it wouldn't get copied (which is what is currently happening and one of the reasons it's private). You have someone else that allegedly took their work, copied it, and re-released it with a 2% fee. If it's open source that would happen all the time. You can always improve your work, the moment you give it to open source someone else can improve it instead that can look at things from a completely different angle (which usually means they can make things better). That's what SP does all the time. He's not great at making miners or doing ground up recodes, but he seems to be really good at optimizing.

Sure something can still be copied if it's closed source, the amount of skill and time it takes is much greater then if they just released the source code. Your logic would also apply to EWBF. Nicehash releases a better miner therefore why would EWBF keep his miner closed source, 'no-sense'.

As far as reputation goes, Nicehash is a company who hires people to work for them. Regardless of what YOU think about Nicehash, they are about one of the most reputable sources in the community because they're a company and live up to a standard. That in and of itself makes them more credible then a random korean programmer that popped up out of no where that could duplicate their results. I don't always agree with their business practices, but when it comes to credibility it's traveling up stream. They could rip someone off, I would be more inclined to believe it's going the opposite direction. Once again going to show that you have no idea what you're talking about.

When EWBF is gone, once he's had his fill, Nicehash will more then likely be here till the end of Crypto time simply because of what they do and their business model.

The 'game being over' has literally nothing to do with your original point. When you first made your post no one posted that EQM was copied nor was it evident Nicehash was going to end development on EQM. You're trying to back peddle to include information you had no idea about and the whole reason 'the game is over' is because they literally announced they're open sourcing it. Of course keeping their source closed source when they're making it open source doesn't make sense... XD

The sad thing about this whole thing is it looks like we wont see improvements anymore. EQM was the driving force behind the Nvidia improvements. While EWBF was matching performance, that's not going to happen anymore as it seems as though EWBF doesn't try to improve past whatever EQM is making either because he was copying or just doesn't seem to care.

Amph
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 07:36:05 AM

my point was clear from the beginning you just circumnavigated it as usual with no-sense crap

nicehash miner was private for the sole purpose of having people mining at their pool, it's not because of code stealing that is a thing that the direct dev will do

and guess what nicehash has hired a dev,  they do not code themselves, when EWBF released it's mine it has put a dent in their effort to do so, result in making it open source int he end

simple logic everyone could understand....but maybe not...
bensam1231
Legendary

View Profile
December 31, 2016, 06:58:12 PM

my point was clear from the beginning you just circumnavigated it as usual with no-sense crap

nicehash miner was private for the sole purpose of having people mining at their pool, it's not because of code stealing that is a thing that the direct dev will do

and guess what nicehash has hired a dev,  they do not code themselves, when EWBF released it's mine it has put a dent in their effort to do so, result in making it open source int he end

simple logic everyone could understand....but maybe not...

Totally...

Yup, they were trying to make money back on an investment. If they released the code, people copy, improve, repackage and sell it. That's why it's closed source. When you made that post the knowledge of them accusing EWBF and releasing their source wasn't available.

They didn't open source their miner because EWBF was competing (this has went on for more then a month) they released it because they think they're being copied and there is no reason to continue development on something that will be circumvented... Also no knowledge of that was available when you made that original post, you were just being a dumbass. You can literally go back and look at the timestamps between when they said they were going open source and that original message.

As I said you're just backpedaling to try and seem like you knew what you were talking about (which doesn't even make sense even if we take into account what you said).

datBTC

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 03:56:51 AM

I cant wait for this GDDR5X improvement! My 1080 is itching for more SOL/sec!
sp_
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1087

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 07:13:24 PM

Waiting for the opensource release... Smiley Do you have an ETA?

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW ZILLIQA + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:17:58 AM

Waiting for the opensource release... Smiley Do you have an ETA?

iam guessing your going to improve it and then sell it or are you going to release it freely with the speedups?
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 11:15:27 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 02:09:03 PM by sp_

iam guessing your going to improve it and then sell it or are you going to release it freely with the speedups?

Not sure yet.
I still opensource some of my work.

Yesterday I released a faster opensource Skein kernel with 600MHASH on the gtx 1070. (500MHASH@90watt)

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/

1.5.81(sp-MOD)

-Faster Skein
-Faster x17

You can't mine skein or x17 on nicehash, but they are more profitable than all the Nicehash algos for NVIDIA cards.

Team Black Miner (ETHB3 ETH ETC VTC KAWPOW FIROPOW ZILLIQA + dual mining + tripple mining.. https://github.com/sp-hash/TeamBlackMiner
nrg_wolf
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 12:53:50 PM

Not sure yet.
I still opensource some of my work.

Yesterday a faster opensource Skein kernel was released with 600MHASH on the gtx 1070. (500MHASH@90watt)

https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases/

1.5.81(sp-MOD)

-Faster Skein
-Faster x17

You can't mine skein or x17 on nicehash, but they are more profitable than all the Nicehash algos for NVIDIA cards.

most coins are more profitable then nicehash lol.....
ol92

Activity: 445
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:40:47 PM

most coins are more profitable then nicehash lol.....

Are you saying this as a buyer or as a seller
Because if you are talking as a buyer, you are being dishonest, because you can't get hashing power cheaper anywhere else.
If you are talking as a seller, you are also wrong, because NiceHash is a marketplace that will utilise your unused computing power and make maximum earnings with minimum time invested.
So it is really a question how much you value your time investing into mining and trading what you've mined.
Exactly: selecting the most profitable coin and managing miners and trading is time consuming. I will do this at times, but at others periods, I am too busy and fall back to nicehash for direct btc revenue for nvidia cards and monero for amd cards.
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:44:48 PM

1 gtx 1070 24hours 1 - 2-jan-2017

Mining skein@590MHASH with sp-mod #1 (1.5.81): profit per day $2.4
Mining x17@10MHASH with sp-mod #1 (1.5.81): profit per day $2
Mining Zcash@370sol/s at nicehash: profit per day $1.3
Mining dagger@30MHASH at nicehash: profit per day $0.8

The biggest skein based coins:

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/ (20.09 BTC 24H volume)
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/auroracoin/ (3.84BTC 24h volume)
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/myriad/ (1.67 BTC 24h volume)

If you mine Dagger hashimoto at nicehash, you will earn 200% more if you switch to skein.
If you mine Equihash at nicehash, you will earn 85% more if you switch to skein.

Qumiu

Activity: 164

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:48:20 PM

What the best Zcash (Equihash) miner for Nvidia low end such GT 6xx ?
Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:49:28 PM

Mining skein@590MHASH with sp-mod #1 (1.5.81): profit per day $2.4
http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/digibyte/ (20.09 BTC 24H volume)
If you mine Equihash at nicehash, you will earn 85% more if you switch to skein.

There is no proof. 590Mh will give about 6000DGB that is (6000*0,00000025 Poloniex=1,5$).

yobit.net is banned from signatures
sp_
Legendary

Team Black developer

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:56:46 PM

There is no proof. 590Mh will give about 6000DGB that is (6000*0,00000025 Poloniex=1,5$).

The last 24hours gave a profit of around 0.004BTC/GHASH. The next 24hours is uncertain...
The difficulty is going up and down on these coins.

Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:08:44 PM

The last 24hours gave a profit of around 0.004BTC/GHASH. The next 24hours is uncertain...
The difficulty is going up and down on these coins.

Mention this pool, pls.

yobit.net is banned from signatures
m1n1ngP4d4w4n

Activity: 224

CryptoLearner

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 08:05:27 PM

Yiimp, was said so a few posts ago...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: