Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:31:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MISTAKE: I got a negative trust for doing NOTHING!  (Read 1595 times)
Daisy14 (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:00:49 AM

This topic is for the mods. I woke up this morning to find a negative trust on my account that shows up in the Altcoin section when I have NEVER

1. Done any trade on this forum
2. Borrowed money from anyone
3. Asked anybody to do anything for me
4. Asked anything from anybody

I mean what did I do to deserve a negative trust?

Who did I try to scam? Check my posts. This is amazing!

And I am enrolled in a signature campaign. I could get banned for something that is not my fault.

I mean what exactly did I do?Huh Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:07:54 AM

I mean what exactly did I do?Huh Huh
Spamming. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1663854.msg16835950#msg16835950

Consecutive one liners, recycled post and not even contributing to the forum. You are also in a list of farmed account.
You are in a sig campaign that don't check post quality that often and you decide to abuse it. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=812240;sa=showPosts

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Daisy14 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:24:51 AM

Are you a mod?
Because having a farmed account is not illegal on the forum.
Writing one-liners that make sense is not illegal either.
And what is your definition of "Recycled Post"? Because I did not recycle my post or anyone else's

It is not wrong to insert a quote either.

And whoever said you will get a negative trust for "Spamming"?

If I were actually spamming then my posts will get deleted - which is not the case here.
Milkduds

Activity: 224

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 05:50:09 AM

Have a hard time with giving people flack over short responses because I know some people in real life that you would never know could barely read and write due to learning disabilities and the internet can be a cruel world for them at times. I also understand that there is a large segment that are practicing English or do not have a great grasp on the language.
So I was interested to see who was crusading against members in this way and was shocked to see it was a mod. So I paused and thought there must be more to the issue and I looked at Dasiy14s post history. The red flag for me was not the short responses but the time stamps on the responses! You seem to be jumping post to post making these one line responses within a minute repeatedly. That is not a normal state of operation for people that are reading a whole thread or just reading and responding for interest,it established a clear pattern.

Wearing a signature puts a little more pressure on the member to provide a more well thought out response. So when you put that on you should be aware that you will be needing to improve quality of posts. Improve the quality and see if Lauda is open to changing the trust in the future,trust is just a suggestion. Really just effects signature endorsement and not much else,especially since you are not transacting in any other way.

Just my two cents,nothing personal in my response. Trust is a touchy subject and I think a neutral trust rating would have worked just fine for driving a agenda to clean up the forum.
But I also have not chewed through the issue as much as the mods here.
Kolder

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 06:06:14 AM

Are you a mod?
Because having a farmed account is not illegal on the forum.
Writing one-liners that make sense is not illegal either.
And what is your definition of "Recycled Post"? Because I did not recycle my post or anyone else's

It is not wrong to insert a quote either.

And whoever said you will get a negative trust for "Spamming"?

If I were actually spamming then my posts will get deleted - which is not the case here.

because your post is obviously just for signature earnings.The interval of your response and a one liner post is the sign of abuse and spam of this forum, The mods has the right to put red trust for that kind of behavior because that attitude is harmful for the community. I reviewed too your post history and it is accurate on what lauda said on his feedback.

I agree that farm accounts are wrong but if that farmed account is sold to a new owner with good skills and have a incredible knowledge about crypto. I think it will become worth it,  because not all expert crypto user already know this forum, and once they newly discover this forum, they want to bought high rank account so that their knowledge that they are going to share is valuable because newbie post in this forum is always ignored even if it has sense. I observed this many times and their is inequality about rankings here, Higher ranks bully lower rank that's why many people tempted to buy account.

But i extremely disagree for those farm accounts that is holding by only one user and joined it for signature campaign for earning, They are the accounts that committing spam on this forum. I hope theymos resolved this issue because this is getting bigger and bigger.

Daisy14 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 06:13:48 AM

Spamming is when you write posts that are off-topic.

Can you identify which post of mine is off-topic?

Just because I post fast does not mean I am spamming...

When did fast posting = Spam?

I only make 10 posts/day about thrice a week, making about 30 posts/week - is it spam just because I type fast?

I HAVE NEVER AT ANY TIME ASKED FOR ANYTHING FROM ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM, why should I be labeled a scammer?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 06:42:28 AM

Spamming is when you write posts that are off-topic.

Yes, but its not limited to off-topic posts.

Can you identify which post of mine is off-topic?

Just because I post fast does not mean I am spamming...

When did fast posting = Spam?

When the quality degrades.

I only make 10 posts/day about thrice a week, making about 30 posts/week - is it spam just because I type fast?

So you log in every few days and read the backlog of the threads you posted in within a minute? Its a discussion(!) board. You do not engage in discussions, you post in threads where you can get away with posting your opinion in a sentence or two without giving it any weight. Interestingly it took you longer to post here, probably because you actually want to discuss something now.

I HAVE NEVER AT ANY TIME ASKED FOR ANYTHING FROM ANYBODY ON THIS FORUM, why should I be labeled a scammer?

Lauda believes that its a way to clean up the forum. You will very likely lose your position in the signature campaign because of this which removes your incentive to spam in the first place. If this is the way you like to post, the rating should not affect you otherwise. Its clearly worded so it should not interfere with any trades either.

I personally would rather go for your campaigner instead. Shut down the entire campaign with negative ratings, if they are unable to handle spammers. Its their job.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3046

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 06:46:28 AM

You are not labelled as a scammer - you are labelled as untrustworthy by Lauda.  You don't need to interact with someone to not trust them.

People will read the feedback and decide if it is relevant to them or not. 

Change the way you post and in a month come back and ask nicely to have the feedback removed.   Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Daisy14 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 07:24:25 AM

I mostly post in the Altcoin section where people talk about their favorite coins. How can you say my post is low-quality just because I am give my opinion in a sentence?

Interestingly it took you longer to post here, probably because you actually want to discuss something now.
No, I was waiting to read people's responses.

So you log in every few days and read the backlog of the threads you posted in within a minute? Its a discussion(!) board. You do not engage in discussions, you post in threads where you can get away with posting your opinion in a sentence or two without giving it any weight.

I open more than three windows on my browser, go to my favorite sections (which is altcoins) and chat with people.
What is wrong with that? Huh

You are not labelled as a scammer - you are labelled as untrustworthy by Lauda.  You don't need to interact with someone to not trust them.

What did I do to be labelled as "Untrustworthy"?
Do people become "Untrustworthy" for posting fast??? Huh Huh

Lauda believes that its a way to clean up the forum.

I don't think it's right to give negative trusts to people who did not do anything wrong to anybody.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 07:35:06 AM

I mostly post in the Altcoin section where people talk about their favorite coins. How can you say my post is low-quality just because I am give my opinion in a sentence?

Why do you think people care about your opinion if you dont give any reasons for it? How is that a discussion with worth to anyone?

Interestingly it took you longer to post here, probably because you actually want to discuss something now.
No, I was waiting to read people's responses.

I implied that you dont in the other threads. You claim you post in quick succession because you type fast. That might be true and I cant argue that. I argue that you dont take the time to read.

-snip-
I open more than three windows on my browser, go to my favorite sections (which is altcoins) and chat with people.
What is wrong with that? Huh
-snip-
I don't think it's right to give negative trusts to people who did not do anything wrong to anybody.

You can think about it what you wont, trust is not moderated. You have to iron this out with Lauda. Maybe you shouldnt expect to get paid if you just want to chat. See the post by Milkduds above, if you are wearing a paid signature its more likely that anyone[1] will think you post for the few satoshi when they see posts in quick succession.

I suggest you follow Vods advice, take off the signature as well and Im sure the rating is gone in a month. If not, let me know, Ill talk to Lauda if needed.

[1] staff, regular user or admin

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:12:19 AM

If the problem is with the user spamming, the right approach would be to get a temp ban in place.
Negative trust just seems wrong.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 08:27:03 AM

If the problem is with the user spamming, the right approach would be to get a temp ban in place.

I think a temp ban would be better indeed, but from what Im told its difficult to reach staff members that can issue one.

botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 08:32:40 AM

I think a temp ban would be better indeed, but from what Im told its difficult to reach staff members that can issue one.

Then the admins should have a discussion about delegating this power to a few of the others as well.
Perhaps global moderators can be given the power to issue temp bans as well.

Admins: can do everything imaginable on the site. They however can't delete their accounts.
Global Moderators: can perma ban, nuke newbies, see and handle reports from all sections, and see reported PMs.
Moderators: can see and handle reports from their sections and nuke newbies
Patrollers: Are essentially Moderators but can only do moderator tasks for newbie members.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 08:39:18 AM

From your post history it looks to be clearly signature post spam. Not spammy spam, but posts clearly made to increase earnings from a signature campaign.

Getting negative trust for doing it is pretty stupid and whoever Laura is they need to rethink their situation. A more suitable warning for others would be a neutral letting future campaign managers know that the user in question wouldn't be good for their campaign.

I personally don't see your negative trust on the forum itself as I have removed Default Trust from my trust list as the majority of them are full of shit.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 08:44:35 AM

From your post history it looks to be clearly signature post spam. Not spammy spam, but posts clearly made to increase earnings from a signature campaign.

Getting negative trust for doing it is pretty stupid and whoever Laura is they need to rethink their situation. A more suitable warning for others would be a neutral letting future campaign managers know that the user in question wouldn't be good for their campaign.

I personally don't see your negative trust on the forum itself as I have removed Default Trust from my trust list as the majority of them are full of shit.

Lauda is staff. I dont think a neutral rating would do anything. The user wouldnt have noticed and the next campaign might be years away, in the mean time the spam continues and nothing has changed. Its like you are suggesting to do nothing.

-snip-
Then the admins should have a discussion about delegating this power to a few of the others as well.

Admins: can do everything imaginable on the site. They however can't delete their accounts.
Global Moderators: can perma ban, nuke newbies, see and handle reports from all sections, and see reported PMs.
Moderators: can see and handle reports from their sections and nuke newbies
Patrollers: Are essentially Moderators but can only do moderator tasks for newbie members.

Yes, and maybe there is need for more active people in higher mod positions in order to handle the spam in general better.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 09:38:50 AM

If you were a genuine user, I'd expect you to know the difference between:
1) Forum rules.
2) Forum etiquette/trust system.
The forum rules do not determine for what reasons negative trust ratings should be left. If you break the forum rules, you get banned not left with negative ratings (usually). If you knew this, you would have known that the right place for this thread was Reputation and not Meta.

And I am enrolled in a signature campaign. I could get banned for something that is not my fault.
It's my fault that you're shit posting, right?  Roll Eyes

Not necessarily. Spamming or account farming/trading is shady in its own regard, and in almost all of the situations detrimental to the forum. I do not trust any user that engages in such dealings.

Only two moderators are able to temp. ban IIRC, and 1 isn't even active anymore. As it currently stands, there are only two (active) people that can ban people.

Change the way you post and in a month come back and ask nicely to have the feedback removed.   Smiley
Correct. Some users that admitted that it's their fault and asked nicely for a second chance already had their ratings converted into neutral (for later evaluation) in the same day. The other cases that I've encountered are :
1) Avoiding guilt -> like in OP's case.
2) Attacking me.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Daisy14 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 09:39:42 AM

Please elaborate more on when a post is considered "SPAM"
Is it when it is in fast successions or when it is off-topic?

Because if you read the threads where I posted, I did not discuss anything that is not in line with the topic...
So why are you discussing a ban?

Not that anything will happen if I stop visiting bitcointalk.org
I will simply move on with my life... life goes on.

And since I have done no harm to anyone, my conscience is clear. 
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 09:40:58 AM

Moved my post with examples of shit posting from other thread here:

I suppose Segwit and LN were introduced as overall improvements to bitcoin... let's see how they will fare.
Useless post with zero meaning considering the OP, content and the discussion being lead in that thread.

Maybe OP wants to create a wallet for his new altcoin and wants a prototype code from a bitcoin wallet.
Nerco-bumped a thread with an useless post.

China appears to be controlling bitcoin now, Chinese are responsible for the present increase in price.
Roll Eyes

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Daisy14 (OP)

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 09:53:41 AM

Just because you do not agree with what I wrote does not mean it's not in line with the topic.

2) Attacking me.

I am not attacking you, whatever happened to freedom of speech?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 09:57:41 AM

Just because you do not agree with what I wrote does not mean it's not in line with the topic.
You ask us to define spam -> I give you examples of spam and now you deny them? If you're going to use such reasoning, then responding here is a waste of my (and anyone else's) time.

I am not attacking you, whatever happened to freedom of speech?
I have not claimed that. Read my post again:

The other cases that I've encountered are :
1) Avoiding guilt -> like in OP's case.
2) Attacking me.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: