Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:28:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (WTB) ~5 BTC  (Read 1438 times)
monbux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2016, 11:54:21 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2016, 01:44:26 AM by monbux

Looking to buy around 5 BTC, using paypal or interac e-transfer.
Please PM me with your best price, not looking to pay any premiums.

Not needed anymore.  Will close ASAP the discussion is finished.  Not sure where to move to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 12, 2016, 11:58:48 PM

I doubt you will be able to find anyone to escrow this transaction (unless you are wanting to escrow this yourself?)

In either case, food for thought:

Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0

wildkens

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BitConnect coin

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:02:24 AM

if you ready to pay as perfect money my rates are preev+5% and if you want to pay as Payeer my rates are preev+ 10% and if you want to pay as skrill my rates are Preev + 8% and if you want to pay as nettler my rates are preev+ 13% choice is yours

bitconnect coin [ ico ] [ community ] [ facebook ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
community driven decentralized cryptocurrency
jaladieu

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:31:12 AM

I doubt you will be able to find anyone to escrow this transaction (unless you are wanting to escrow this yourself?)

Beware of PayPal and other reversible transfer services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=14632.0
And you think someone with monbux's reputation is going to make a dispute on PayPal? I do not think so
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 12:52:39 AM

And you think someone with monbux's reputation is going to make a dispute on PayPal? I do not think so

Hmm... perhaps you are right - you go first...

In any event, tell that to those who were scammed by master-p -9999: -16 / +9 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=89329 I'm sure they weren't expecting to be scammed by a green trust member either.

Besides, it can't hurt to remind users here that PayPal is a reversible method of payment from time to time, wouldn't you agree?

superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 08:37:48 AM

In any event, tell that to those who were scammed by master-p -9999: -16 / +9 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=89329 I'm sure they weren't expecting to be scammed by a green trust member either.

Besides, it can't hurt to remind users here that PayPal is a reversible method of payment from time to time, wouldn't you agree?

The escrow is useless when we talk about Paypal exchange deals.
As you know a Paypal chargeback can be opened up to 180 days (6 months) from the date of transaction.
I dont say that monbux will do it, I just said the escrow could be useless in these cases (unless the escrow holds the funds for 6 months).

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 09:08:51 AM

As you know a Paypal chargeback can be opened up to 180 days (6 months) from the date of transaction.
I dont say that monbux will do it, I just said the escrow could be useless in these cases (unless the escrow holds the funds for 6 months).

For a moment there I wondered if you had forgotten what alt you were posting from, but then the text can be read a couple of ways, so perhaps not.

superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 12:37:09 PM

For a moment there I wondered if you had forgotten what alt you were posting from, but then the text can be read a couple of ways, so perhaps not.

There is no alt, trust me Wink I have only one account since I joined bitcointalk.
The English is not my native language, so I can make a few small mistakes, but the main ideea is what it matters.

Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 04:36:16 PM

There is no alt, trust me Wink I have only one account since I joined bitcointalk.
The English is not my native language, so I can make a few small mistakes, but the main ideea is what it matters.

True - what's piqued my interest is they already have a (self moderated) thread they could have bumped:

Monbux's Quick and Painless BTC EXCHANGE! (Paypal, Gift Cards, Interac e-transf) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1056929.0

their last post from four weeks ago:

I'm denying both of you and you should know why if you read the original post.  Thanks.
I'm only trading with reputable members when it comes to selling BTC for their paypal.  Too much risk on my side otherwise.

...and they've been online in the last twelve hours:

Code:
Name: 	monbux

Last Active: 13 November 2016, 15:21:48

Plus they've been on a Hiatus, and there's been a few UIDs that have been hacked recently. (and the master-P thing too...)

Stay Safe People.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 05:49:12 PM

True - what's piqued my interest is they already have a (self moderated) thread they could have bumped:

Monbux's Quick and Painless BTC EXCHANGE! (Paypal, Gift Cards, Interac e-transf) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1056929.0
I have seen Monbux create new threads in order to buy and/or sell medium sized amounts of bitcoin in the past -- and either not be willing to pay a premium, or receiving a premium. This might be questionable as to if this follows the rules, however I would strongly doubt that there would be any financial risk of theft to anyone considering to trade with monbux (provided they can secure a GPG signed message confirming the terms of the trade).
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
November 13, 2016, 06:01:58 PM

I did a trade with Monbux after he was on a long hiatus. He seems to go on them fairly often so I'm not sure why everyone is questioning his account.

Just an FYI as well, I didn't receive PayPal from Monbux I received an interac etransfer. If you aren't Canadian and can only accept the PayPal I don't see how that's his issue. I'm sending him a PM so the derailing of this thread can stop and he can just sign a message.
COINMAN1

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

FOR BUYING AND SELLING BTC PLEASE VISIT MY THREAD

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 06:04:39 PM

I did a trade with Monbux after he was on a long hiatus. He seems to go on them fairly often so I'm not sure why everyone is questioning his account.

Just an FYI as well, I didn't receive PayPal from Monbux I received an interac etransfer. If you aren't Canadian and can only accept the PayPal I don't see how that's his issue. I'm sending him a PM so the derailing of this thread can sfop and he can just sign a message.
i think you should do that because many signature spammers are here now

FOR BUYING AND SELLING BTC AT BEST RATES WITH DIFFERENT KIND OF PAYMENT METHODS LIKE PAYPAL, SKRILL, NETLLER, PERFECTMONEY, AND MANY MORE MORE PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1746893.0
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 06:14:33 PM

Definitely.  The user would have to trust me in order to go ahead with this transaction.  Not sure what else there is to it.  If they don't trust me, they don't trade with me.

their last post from four weeks ago:

I'm denying both of you and you should know why if you read the original post.  Thanks.
I'm only trading with reputable members when it comes to selling BTC for their paypal.  Too much risk on my side otherwise.

...and they've been online in the last twelve hours:

Code:
Name: 	monbux

Last Active: 13 November 2016, 15:21:48

Plus they've been on a Hiatus, and there's been a few UIDs that have been hacked recently. (and the master-P thing too...)

Stay Safe People.
To be honest, it would probably have been better to post there, but that was a trading thread whereas here, I'm looking for a one-time buy.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

P.S. Please note that Timelord2067 has a personal grudge on me after I decided not to trade with him and going through some hassles.  He has actually PMed me once or twice after I declined to trade with him with messages like "You need to be removed from the trust list" and whatnot because I did not agree to sell him BTC for his paypal in the end.  The man can hold a grudge for a lifetime Wink  (I had asked for his ID and he wanted to mail it to me and how it would be stored afterwards, and I didn't want to bother with that so I simply told him the deal was off)

This is monbux from bitcointalk and my account is still in my possession.  Life has been busy, especially trying to keep haters like Timelord2067 away.  It was one time.  Let it go man.  The date is November 13, 2016.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: Keybase OpenPGP v2.0.58
Comment: https://keybase.io/crypto

wsBcBAABCgAGBQJYKK4JAAoJEAc+fowFxS8MjPoIAJONlZNv9aKvyB7FMaDbqRBR
mhxtPhsOqXuBOK1WQfP5Ci8Z4+O8X6ropec1u94bcsXsWhCAEJgCZjslSZ3a2NQu
1WMafwUggaMXPpqkf6sGI++6eCwXXPdAhgRPwiLp7PB7Hv184pEfEl9bjyL1fdxK
2buEVqhfbOyvook+LQGFRTTQrkJf25H70tpf1SjsilV/bzUGiUF3xboq8x1AK+OM
1WIP4ijjykKOxHJRxY3QACeLycbi5e4MYt8lLAKE9j+XJ9lBLPLN6j2P/OvasxpC
LoEg0Y3nPqrjzk40AEG6o8+621pTO7P0vRWuWQD2q1gLdeJ5iJTPHSeYN7We0eY=
=6Cie
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 06:20:26 PM

You seemed pretty OK with it when you wanted to purchase BTC from me, WITH paypal.  Maybe now you can understand the risks I was considering to take?
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2016, 10:48:56 PM

I may be able to help.  But, I have to charge you some kind of premium.  Or else I don't make any money.  PM me if you're interested.

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 14, 2016, 05:34:28 PM

Oh dear...

Actually, what I said in my PM was that you appeared to be farming personal details wanting verified identity documents not that the PayPal was a verified account as you are suggesting.

And my concern above was that your UID / account may have been hacked which seems to have alluded you.

monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2016, 04:58:12 AM

Oh dear...

Actually, what I said in my PM was that you appeared to be farming personal details wanting verified identity documents not that the PayPal was a verified account as you are suggesting.

And my concern above was that your UID / account may have been hacked which seems to have alluded you.

I'm not sure if you missed it, but

You seemed pretty OK with it when you wanted to purchase BTC from me, WITH paypal.  Maybe now you can understand the risks I was considering to take?

Right, and since I didn't want you to feel that way, I canceled the trade.  Reasonable, no? Roll Eyes
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 05:19:20 AM

Oh dear...

You seemed pretty OK with it when you wanted to purchase BTC from me, WITH paypal.  Maybe now you can understand the risks I was considering to take?

Right, and since I didn't want you to feel that way, I canceled the trade.  Reasonable, no? Roll Eyes

Well, no again.  I provided my postal address so that you could send a post card with your postal address so that I could in turn send you my identity paper work that you requested in PM's verified by Justices of the Peace as being true copies of my identity, but it was at that point that you fell silent and didn't respond any further - ie when I asked for your contact details via a post card from you to my postal address.

Given that my contact with you was well over 12 months ago now and you fell silent - and I said no more since then - either to you, or about you - this is a strange outburst: http://archive.is/ivDW4#selection-5697.0-5758.0 it's the kind of lashing outburst that TomatoCage / QuickSeller would spew out.

Mystifying and unwarranted.

Had you instead thanked me for showing concern that your account *may*have* been hacked, I would have pointed out the link in the first line of my signature and come to some arrangement to show there is no hard feelings, but... alas, your outburst tells me all I need to know.

monbux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 09:10:17 PM

Oh dear...

Well, no again.  I provided my postal address so that you could send a post card with your postal address so that I could in turn send you my identity paper work that you requested in PM's verified by Justices of the Peace as being true copies of my identity, but it was at that point that you fell silent and didn't respond any further - ie when I asked for your contact details via a post card from you to my postal address.

Given that my contact with you was well over 12 months ago now and you fell silent - and I said no more since then - either to you, or about you - this is a strange outburst: http://archive.is/ivDW4#selection-5697.0-5758.0 it's the kind of lashing outburst that TomatoCage / QuickSeller would spew out.

Mystifying and unwarranted.

Had you instead thanked me for showing concern that your account *may*have* been hacked, I would have pointed out the link in the first line of my signature and come to some arrangement to show there is no hard feelings, but... alas, your outburst tells me all I need to know.
I've replied to you via PM so we can stay on topic here. Smiley

I'm still looking for some BTC, less than 5 though.
guitarplinker
Legendary

Activity: 1694

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 12:26:00 AM

PM sent - I'm looking to sell BTC for some CAD, hopefully we can agree on a price.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: