BitCoin 20 Years From Now

(1/388) > >>

iamTom123:
We are now experiencing the efficient, fast and amazing convergence of technologies which one way or the other greatly contributing to the rise of the cryptocurrencies and making Bitcoin as the King of the Hill so far.

Looking into the future...what do you think will be the scenario involving Bitcoin twenty years from now? Will Bitcoin be worth more than a million or will it ceased to exist? Or will a new crytocurrency replace the supremacy of Bitcoin...?

MingLee:
20 years from now there is a decent chance it will still exist, the question is more whether or not it will grow a considerable amount, community wise in the case, or if it is going to simply stagnate somewhere close to where we are currently. The value grows a lot with the community, and shrinks in the same way.

OmegaStarScream:
I guess It's better to quote the creator of BTC in this case  ::) from : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=48.msg329#msg329

Quote from: satoshi on February 14, 2010, 03:52:23 PM

Right.  Otherwise we couldn't have a finite limit of 21 million coins, because there would always need to be some minimum reward for generating.  In a few decades when the reward gets too small, the transaction fee will become the main compensation for nodes.  I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.

I don't think that one million dollar is achievable or likely to happen personally but It could be with people losing their coins and halving block reward each four years.

calkob:
It really dependes on how bitcoin is used over the next 5 years, if some killer app appears then bitcoin could take off.  i am hoping that Dotcoms megaupload 2 and bitcache might help that in the newyear.  ;)

Juggy777:
Quote from: iamTom123 on November 13, 2016, 03:59:05 AM

We are now experiencing the efficient, fast and amazing convergence of technologies which one way or the other greatly contributing to the rise of the cryptocurrencies and making Bitcoin as the King of the Hill so far.

Looking into the future...what do you think will be the scenario involving Bitcoin twenty years from now? Will Bitcoin be worth more than a million or will it ceased to exist? Or will a new crytocurrency replace the supremacy of Bitcoin...?

I would like to give few scenarios a) let's start with positive. Bitcoin may shootup like say from current high of 1050 to 50-100k possibility or even more than that. All those who have had it will become super rich. It shall be the only legitimate currency.

b) now the worst may happen all countries decide to ban it, and ban it forums. It looses it value to 0.00001. Every thing that was about Bitcoins crashes and people loose their lifes cause of the looses. Again it could also happen but I hope not.

C) There is always a prophecy of a third world War, and who knows Bitcoin could cause it, say one country hoards 95% of it. Then converts it and destroys all the currencies. Anything is now possible but then it's just a theory.

I can think of more but I would be now interested to read the fellow comments, this would be really interesting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page