Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:16:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The MONIAC, Phillips Hydraulic Computer  (Read 252 times)
Andre_Goldman (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

Property1of1OU

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 09:12:54 AM

Interesting piece of machinery .. Cool , reminds me those Electrical engineering 101 lectures that do analogy between 'Water' and 'Electricity'.

Published on 5 May 2014
Introducing Bill Phillips' amazing hydro-mechanical economic computer. A live demonstration of the only working MONIAC in the Southern Hemisphere. This is located in the Reserve Bank Museum & Education Centre, Wellington, New Zealand.

Making Money Flow: The MONIAC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeFwyWcIHts

I wonder if Compaq have something todo with Bank Museum & Education Centre, Wellington, New Zealand, because if I'm not mistaken I saw their logo at 0.17 seconds. Roll Eyes

Patent1number: ****-****

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:24:41 AM

Interesting piece of machinery .. Cool , reminds me those Electrical engineering 101 lectures that do analogy between 'Water' and 'Electricity'.

Published on 5 May 2014
Introducing Bill Phillips' amazing hydro-mechanical economic computer. A live demonstration of the only working MONIAC in the Southern Hemisphere. This is located in the Reserve Bank Museum & Education Centre, Wellington, New Zealand.

I wonder if Compaq have something todo with Bank Museum & Education Centre, Wellington, New Zealand, because if I'm not mistaken I saw their logo at 0.17 seconds. Roll Eyes

This is something that you dont see everyday it is a well made and well thought invention. But the question I have in mind is it feasible to be used in the homes or can have a practical usage. Anyway if this kind of technology will be improved it can be used my bitcoin miners as a source of energy to run their data centers to mine bitcoin and other altcoins without having the problem on power expenses.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:54:20 PM

Saw this in a different video a few years ago. I'm quite not familiar with economic concepts but it sure was fascinating. I guess that's the beauty of it, you get to see how the different parts interact with each other. There's something very different to the feel of it. Computers maybe able to make better and more complex models but nothing compares to a tangible example like this.

Published on 5 May 2014

This is something that you dont see everyday it is a well made and well thought invention. But the question I have in mind is it feasible to be used in the homes or can have a practical usage. Anyway if this kind of technology will be improved it can be used my bitcoin miners as a source of energy to run their data centers to mine bitcoin and other altcoins without having the problem on power expenses.

Unfortunately sir, it seems to be an old, simple machine for demonstrating economic concepts. Sure would have been awesome to have a cool-looking, water-powered, electricity-generating machine at home. Cheesy 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: