Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:06:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTB: Engagement Ring  (Read 1481 times)
AndrewK (OP)

Activity: 819
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 06:13:02 PM

So... couple of months ago when bitcoin was at $14 I told my girlfriend that I would buy her a wedding ring when it hit $200 a coin...

Since we are getting close I guess I need to start looking Roll Eyes

Let me know what ya got and what ya wan't for it.

Would prefer to pay in litecoin or paypal (moving money to bitcoin is possible though).

Pictures are preferred.

Thanks,
Andrew

1K4BacKKdssA5RGzaFx3D4LC9HVXjE2NvS
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 07:15:03 AM

You should list what size she is so people know what to look for and of course the size should be on the finger she's going to wear it on.
AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 04:50:31 PM

I believe she is a five or a six... I have a receipt for a michael kors ring I bought her for christmas. Will post it tonight.

She likes diamonds and whitegold or platinum... She is also a Red head so she looks good with emeralds as well... May consider a large center Emerald surrounded by diamonds.

As far as cuts go... I think she likes Marquise.

Really just let me know what you have... I think I'm pretty flexible.

quicklynx

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 05:49:55 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 04:48:57 AM by quicklynx

Don't worry about ring size. You can resize rings for about $30 at your local jeweler.

If she has small fingers like that then you are in good shape. Just get the larger size at first then resize later.

I'm a big fan of diamonds, as on my wedding band I have 9 of them Smiley

Some personal tastes of mine when searching for a quality diamond.

The color, to me, was most important. D is colorless, E and F are not really noticeable color to naked eye, and anything else is noticeable. If you are getting a gold band, you can move down into the HIJ color chart for diamonds because you won't notice the yellow as much. If you are going white gold, which I personally prefer looks wise, I wouldn't go any lower than F color.

Second, I'd go with cut. Kay/Shaw jewelers like to claim their Leo diamond is amazing because it has something like 102 facets in it. I wouldn't worry about the facets as much. To the naked eye, an 80 facet diamond is going to shine as much as a 100 facet. The important part of the cut is to make sure the dimensions are symmetrical. I prefer a shape just like this. -> http://www.am-diamonds.com/images/anatomy_diamond.gif

Third would be Carat size. If she has small fingers, I would go with something like a Solitaire Diamond (most sophisticated look imo,) 1/2 carat to 3/4 carat. The 1/2 carat on her finger will look like a full carat on a woman with larger fingers. Price is also a big factor in carat size.

Lastly, I look at clarity. In all honesty, i don't even worry with it. You very rarely can see clarity with the naked eye.

I bought my wife a 0.56 Carat, D colorless, 86 facet, VS1 clarity, solitaire engagement ring with white gold band. Her wedding ring is 5 diamonds, 0.54 carat combined, E color, SI2 clarity, and I don't recall the cuts.

Hope this helps. These are my opinions, so make sure you go see for yourself what you like.  Hopefully there will be a congratulations in order for the future.
BitMonkey

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 08:18:20 AM

I can make a semi custom piece for you if you'd like.

I get high quality natural gemstones (diamonds too) and professionally set them in various settings.

Here is a Tanzanite Ring (1.3 ct AAA Tanzanite - VVS) we just did for someone.

I have marquese Alexandrites which are truly amazing, look into this gemstone it is very very rare.

Rubies, emeralds, whatever you would like and a lot of setting options.

Just PM me anytime.

*Edit - I of course prefer bitcoin as payment Smiley

sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 06:37:25 PM

I actually have two diamond rings I can sell. But I'm wondering how this is going to work, unless we happen to live close to each other there'd have to be a lot of trust one way or the other (either you trusting me that they're not fake, or me trusting you to pay after receiving). One is three princess cut diamonds set in platinum, the other round diamonds set in white gold. That's all I can remember off the top of my head since it's been years.

I can definitely give you good pictures and descriptions, and I don't have any other use for them right now, but I don't want to spend time on it if I don't think a deal is feasible.

Either PM me or post here if you'd like to discuss. I do also happen to know quite a bit about engagement rings from my own research years ago and wouldn't mind sharing some info.
AndrewK (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 07:19:54 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2013, 11:15:55 PM by AndrewK

PM sent^

haha... copied and pasted the wrong thing.

Thanks, post details here.

sangaman

Activity: 342

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 07:42:58 PM

Thanks, I'll send you the details as soon as I can. Let me know if you'd prefer me to send privately or post in this thread, doesn't really matter to me either way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: