Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:40:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do we have a night mode in bitcointalk forum?  (Read 2896 times)
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 05:32:32 PM

Hi admin i would like to ask if we have night version for bitcointalk forum or a button to change the whole background into night because if i stay long in from of the laptop or forum i feel dizzy so i need to decrease the brightness of my laptop but the problem i can't read if its low brightness or i can't read clearly..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dserrano5
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 06:11:42 PM

Hi admin i would like to ask if we have night version for bitcointalk forum or a button to change the whole background into night

No we don't and we will never have.

8dce46a0930fb18865fe052e081369f12c56c76a35ad3a5905be81e1d940cc65
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6097

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 07:49:28 AM

Hi admin i would like to ask if we have night version for bitcointalk forum or a button to change the whole background into night because if i stay long in from of the laptop or forum i feel dizzy so i need to decrease the brightness of my laptop but the problem i can't read if its low brightness or i can't read clearly..

It was first a light theme and after checking it again https://beta.bitcointalk.org/ , It seems like there is a dark theme too.
I'm not sure about the possibility to change between both of them but If there isn't an option to do that , I assume that the Dark theme will stay and the light one won't.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 09:17:39 AM

It was first a light theme and after checking it again https://beta.bitcointalk.org/ , It seems like there is a dark theme too.
I was pushing for this very strongly a while ago. It looks so much better than the white and orange theme IMO! Do you agree with me?

I'm not sure about the possibility to change between both of them but If there isn't an option to do that , I assume that the Dark theme will stay and the light one won't.
Wangbus said that they would add this along with the functionality to switch between themes. I'm not sure whether that is still true since the dark theme is now default. They may have just saved time for now and went with the darker one.

Update:
<wangbus> switching is under way but not completely ready yet

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6097

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 09:41:29 AM

I was pushing for this very strongly a while ago. It looks so much better than the white and orange theme IMO! Do you agree with me?

Wangbus said that they would add this along with the functionality to switch between themes. I'm not sure whether that is still true since the dark theme is now default. They may have just saved time for now and went with the darker one.

Update:
<wangbus> switching is under way but not completely ready yet

I definitely agree , I was never a fan of light theme honestly.

Speaking about the development , I just noticed that the development is no longer active as It used to be (since a month now) : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/commits/master . In the other hand , I see that theymos added an announcement on the top of the page :

To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.

He added it after I made this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1680473.0 or does it mean that the software should be ready soon ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 09:46:19 AM

Speaking about the development , I just noticed that the development is no longer active as It used to be (since a month now) : https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/commits/master.
You're only looking at part of the image, take a look at: https://github.com/epochtalk (recent commits in several repositories).

-snip-
He added it after I made this topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1680473.0 or does it mean that the software should be ready soon ?
There should be an initial transitioning period soon, correct.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
crairezx20 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 12:30:37 PM

I agree with lauda but i think many people or members here still want to stay in old forum theme..
Or i think it is better that we have night version too for those who wants for night version. and for normal theme they can stay here..

I already download plugins in chrome in chrome web store here the link https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/deluminate/iebboopaeangfpceklajfohhbpkkfiaa
And works fine for me for temporary..
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:03:14 PM

I'd be a huge supporter of any sort of dark theme. I'm always using bitcointalk on my phone and it gets way too bright at night. Switching between light and dark would be nice but dark is a must this day and age!
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 09:13:46 PM

I'd be a huge supporter of any sort of dark theme. I'm always using bitcointalk on my phone and it gets way too bright at night. Switching between light and dark would be nice but dark is a must this day and age!
Speaking about that, it would be great to have application for phones/tablets.
I use browser on my android but it's still isn't as comfortable as would be the app be
FFrankie

Activity: 2254
Merit: 960

100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 04:52:22 AM

If I am correct, couldn't you use greasemonkey to make your own theme colors?
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2948

View Profile
December 07, 2016, 01:09:39 PM

If I am correct, couldn't you use greasemonkey to make your own theme colors?

Yes, you can. Here's a thread discussing this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1269619

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 05:14:07 PM

That dark theme is horrible, and I don't like the new layout. I'm another one who votes to be able to go back to the light blue and white of the current theme once I sign up.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2016, 05:57:49 PM

That dark theme is horrible, and I don't like the new layout. I'm another one who votes to be able to go back to the light blue and white of the current theme once I sign up.
A dark layout was more desirable from the people that I've questioned, and it's easier on the eyes (regardless of whether you're using it somewhere where you have backlight or don't). There is no way to satisfy everyone, thus the forum will let you personalize it by choosing the theme that you want.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 08:23:35 AM

Well thanks for thart clarification Lauda. Am I the only one that likes the nice clean lines of the current board?  I probably keep the screen brightness fairly low, but as I seem to spend most of my time on a notebook, that's good for battery life.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2017, 12:56:17 PM

Am I the only one that likes the nice clean lines of the current board? 
I was completely against the previous theme on the new forum (white with some orange text IIRC). Migration to it will most likely be 'unappealing' for a fair number of users. This is because we are *too used* to this version of SMF. However, considering all the added features, it will be worth it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Chivas Regal

Activity: 88
Merit: 13

Cheers!

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:42:26 AM

Most modern web-browsers has a night mode IIRC - what browser are you using?

Pleased to meet you.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 03:17:08 AM

if your using a google chrome browser on your laptop or pc you can always install and use this add on for chrome   

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/night-mode-pro/gbilbeoogenjmnabenfjfoockmpfnjoh?hl=en

ive been using that for a quite some time when i feel pain in my eye because ive been always  online in the forum oftenly.
Maum

Activity: 250
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:09:26 AM

I can't read in night mode (on beta), because of my bad eyes. Hope it will be still possible to choose also the current version with light theme and good contrasts.I don't know any successful site with only night mode.
mikki14

Activity: 299
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 07:24:46 AM

At night, I'm using UC browser on my mobile that has night mode. So I'm comfortable staying in the forum at night while I'm lying on my bed. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: