Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:14:33 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] cgminer temp/fan-speed disppeared?  (Read 1400 times)
miner5831 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:14:53 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2013, 06:46:35 AM by miner5831

So I've started playing around with cgminer on Ubuntu 12.10 with a 7970 (using AMD/ATI's drivers). During my first run of cgminer, I noticed that it had temp and fan-speed fields, and I also had the option to change clock speeds and voltage. I had to reboot my machine because cgminer didn't exit when I told it to, and the CPU usage spiked to 100%. After the reboot, the temp/fan-speed indicators, as well as the section of settings to change voltage and clocks were gone. I've tried rebooting twice since then, and I've tried deleting all the .bin files in the directory (just in case).

I *have* been playing around with different options, so I guess it's possible that there's an option I only used the first time. If it matters, here's my command (username and password removed):

./cgminer -I 13 -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 --scrypt --shaders 2048 --thread-concurrency 8192

Oddly, other people mention setting thread concurrencies of 20k+, but mine won't even handle 16k without complaining.

Anybody have an idea of what's going on here?
wzl

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:37:21 AM

export DISPLAY=:0
miner5831 (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:46:15 AM

export DISPLAY=:0

That actually solved my problem - thanks! Any idea why that's required for the temperature, fan-speed and memory settings?

I don't know if he/she is using linux, but if you have access to the other forums, you might want to suggest that in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167165.0 (it's the reason I joined this forum).
wzl

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 06:02:37 PM

I think it's the ADL (http://developer.amd.com/tools/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/) stuff that allows access to temp/fan settings in cgminer. Presumably ADL needs to talk to X for it to work.  Not 100% sure.
pgb205

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:15:52 AM

I think it's the ADL (http://developer.amd.com/tools/graphics-development/display-library-adl-sdk/) stuff that allows access to temp/fan settings in cgminer. Presumably ADL needs to talk to X for it to work.  Not 100% sure.

same problem here I'm running dual Nvidia/Radeon cards with my display attached to Nvidia. fan speed/temp fields are blank and I can't hear fans spinning up. Any idea as to how fix this?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: