Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2017, 08:57:46 AM *
News: Are you prepared for Aug 1 / BIP148?

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75]
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldCoin™ (GLD) Thread - The Gold Standard of Digital Currency [OFFICIAL THREAD]  (Read 180713 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Stouse49

Activity: 201

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:15:49 AM

It would be nice if OP would update the first post with Alcurex echange too, since it is traded there too:
https://alcurex.com/#GLD-BTC

I had updated the OP and the main website but then noticed the exchange is mirroring the Bittrex order books?

Does that mean they are front running Bittrex trades?  Even the highs, lows and volume are the same.

BTC:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Decentralized search
Search for products or services and get paid for it
pre-sale Token CAT
25 July 50% discount
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1554

www.MicroGuy.com

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2017, 10:15:50 PM

Sunday Meeting June 25 Highlights

Please find below highlights from Sunday's Skype meeting.

1.  In order to increase forum accessibility, a Facebook forum login has been added. This allows users with a Facebook account to signup with one click. I'll look into getting Twitter and Google added this week.

2.  This month was held the first German meetup between Cryptosolar and Stemis (who was traveling to Germany). In addition, node count in the country is at an all-time high and now makes up nearly 5% of the network.

https://www.goldcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3881.0

3.  Gerald Higginbotham continues to raise funds for his Garden of Eden project. More on this project next week.

4.  It was suggested that our meeting time be moved up to avoid conflicts with Sunday church activity. The new meeting time is 7 p.m eastern (6 p.m central).

5.  The GoldCoin Talk forum domain was changed from GLDTALK.ORG to GOLDCOINTALK.ORG. The depreciated domain will continue to provide forwarding service for a minimum of 1 year.

6.  There are indications that our anti SegWit position is attracting bitcoin purists who are disillusioned with the current bitcoin infighting. Goldcoin is 100% committed to Satoshi's original vision which means the primary chain should never be throttled. The code enforces a social contract by its users who demand that Goldcoin remain sovereign, decentralized, and trustless.

7.  Last week Goldcoin reached its all-high in both price and volume with an intraday price of 15 cents on volume of $250,000.00. Source: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/goldcoin/#charts

8. There have been recent upgrades to the payment gateway and mail server for TryGoldcoin.com. All site email is now routed through Amazon SES while the local SMTP server is being depreciated.

9.  This fall Steve Conley will be kicking off a 19-city Goldcoin Tour speaking at historic black colleges across America.

10. We experienced an over-capacity issue with Skype at the beginning of the meeting. Skype disables audio and video when a group exceeds 24 users. This problem was resolved by removing group users who were not present for the meeting.

11.  Russia now accounts for our third largest country based on node count. It now makes up over 5% of the Goldcoin network. Source: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gld/#!network

~~

Meetings are now held each Sunday @ 7:00 p.m. eastern time. For info on joining please visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goldcointalk/

It would be nice if OP would update the first post with Alcurex echange too, since it is traded there too:
https://alcurex.com/#GLD-BTC

I had updated the OP and the main website but then noticed the exchange is mirroring the Bittrex order books?

Does that mean they are front running Bittrex trades?  Even the highs, lows and volume are the same.

I'm not sure, but it's very unusual.

This Coinmarketcap link appears to accurately reflect the exchanges real trading activity: http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/alcurex/

"The Internet unshackled information, Satoshi Nakamoto unshackled money. And money makes the world go round."
MtRev

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:55:54 AM

I was wondering what makes this coin different from clone coins? I'm looking to sell some of my BTCs for a new upcoming coin. Can anyone tell me more about this one?

You need a web designer or a professional photographer (based in NYC)? I'm offering big agency quality, without the big agency invoices!
Drop me a message; will work for BTC, LTC or XVG =]
MicroGuy
Legendary

www.MicroGuy.com

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2017, 02:41:16 PM

I was wondering what makes this coin different from clone coins? I'm looking to sell some of my BTCs for a new upcoming coin. Can anyone tell me more about this one?

Goldcoin was established in May of 2013 and is a currency dedicated to reflecting the ideals of its community.

We believe that Satoshi had it right the first time and that many of the current scaling solutions being introduced are "contaminants" to his invention and not improvements. Essentially, Goldcoin is a welcoming home for bitcoin purists.

The OP of this thread contains an overview of our mission. I would suggest looking over that for additional information then asking any specific questions that might arise.

"The Internet unshackled information, Satoshi Nakamoto unshackled money. And money makes the world go round."
MtRev

View Profile
June 30, 2017, 02:01:43 AM

Is this true? Was GLD coin's lead dev classmates with Ethereum’s dev at University of Waterloo?

In addition, our lead developer, Amir Eslampanah, who was classmates with Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin at the University of Waterloo, is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in cryptocurrency today.
Source: https://www.quora.com/Which-cryptocurrency-has-the-potential-to-grow-in-the-future

You need a web designer or a professional photographer (based in NYC)? I'm offering big agency quality, without the big agency invoices!
MicroGuy
Legendary

www.MicroGuy.com

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2017, 03:38:47 AM

Is this true? Was GLD Goldcoin's lead dev classmates with Ethereum’s dev at University of Waterloo?

In addition, our lead developer, Amir Eslampanah, who was classmates with Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin at the University of Waterloo, is perhaps one of the best kept secrets in cryptocurrency today.
Source: https://www.quora.com/Which-cryptocurrency-has-the-potential-to-grow-in-the-future

Ha. I had deleted that Quora answer a couple of hours ago because it felt too much like a sales pitch.

Anyway, I've restored the answer now since you quoted it. Yes, of course it's true!  Cool

MtRev

View Profile
July 01, 2017, 05:49:26 AM

I didn't even realize you were the one who answered that question -- haha!

No, it didn't sound like a sales pitch to me. It's little things like this I'd like to know about. I had been out of the game for some time now, but now that my BTCs are in profit, time to look for another coin to go in big with. I still haven't decided which coin to jump in, but I do have some interest in GLD.

Bitbobb

Activity: 392

Ad Hoc Merchandiser

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:42:17 AM

if your proprietary golden river is so great why hasnt any other coin copyed it like what normally happens to great ideas  Roll Eyes

Jun 18, 2017 at 19:18
GLD has broken difficulty retarget algorithm (it reject blocks instead of difficulty recalculation) and therefore very inefficiently for mining. It can't accept hashrate more than 1/2 of GLD network hashing power.

Once again. This coin mining is very ineffective, mine it at your risk and only if you know what you do.

plus  on top of all dat he did another fork to throttle the block reward  only after 3 years to the 20 year level to keep his stash and not you miners you stripers you

heres the exact website for copy scrypts clone coins that what golden river is just  https://hash-to-coins.com/ if he was in the class that dont mean a thing ,maybe he was the loser that gave that eth guy his lunch money  Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Cool
golden river throttles mining therefore if you buy a mining contract you will just get orphans these people are so missinformed they chopped off the way to spread a coin is why its out so long and the have all the coins from those super blocks and smartly prevented others from mining then thus ensuring their central power in holding most of the coins the few acuma micro and solar thats it Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

where is your white paper how do you think suck broken algorithem is any good unless like yourself with a majority of the coins  fix this crap ,are you people ok with this bs?
well boys and girls here some news

[2017-07-04 08:17:50] RealPickle: rebase coming 2 weeks improves mining

[2017-07-04 08:19:24] RealPickle: @♔ micropickled👽, buy yeah, we have rebase coming that will improve mining

apparently the gld coin god has heard me and since i can announce it before him i will Cool see he does know all about this since is his creation just maybe we can talk about it tell us your opinion,thoughts Grin
git rebase. Rebasing is the process of moving a branch to a new base commit. The general process can be visualized as the following: From a content perspective, rebasing really is just moving a branch from one commit to another.

great news with that rebase microguy to the rescue

Hey great orchard,  Can you post the same text only 1 time instead of many times?  Thanks!

█████████████████████████████████████████████
Thread: TrumpCoin Thread
Faucet: Click for free TrumpCoin

████
███████████

████████████████
███████████████████
████████████████
████
██████████████████
███
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████
████████████████
█████
█████████████████
██████
█████████████
███████
███████████
████████████████
████████████
███

bobitza202

Activity: 210

View Profile
Today at 12:53:18 AM

I think it'll be a good idea to add more info on Coinmarketcap  Grin

explorer 2 - https://prohashing.com/explorer/Goldcoin/
explorer 3 - http://gld.smartchain.cc/

And a link to this announcement thread
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.