Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:50:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: oh why oh why did we sell......  (Read 1313 times)
meebs (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:42:18 PM

man it sure is kinda rough looking at just how high TRC/PPC/LTC exchange rates have gotten....

having mined 15k TRC like it was nothing a few months ago... at current FX rates thats $50k worth

oh well, you live and you learn

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bowjob

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:52:40 PM

man it sure is kinda rough looking at just how high TRC/PPC/LTC exchange rates have gotten....

having mined 15k TRC like it was nothing a few months ago... at current FX rates thats $50k worth

time to get some bte

It seemed like a good idea at the time.
mycketbra

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:55:22 PM

Lesson #1:

Never sell crypto pre-boom.

Lesson #2:

Hoarding never fails
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 01:57:18 PM

Lesson #1:

Lesson #2:

Hoarding never fails

lmao.

I'm gonna mine a bit of every new coin now as 'insurance'.
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 02:03:52 PM

Your preaching to the choir. About a month to a month and a half ago I had close to 350K PPC. Thought the price had stabilized as far as it would go for awhile, and cashed out the majority, made a couple thousand.

Then yesterday hit......

That same chunk would have been worth over $250,000 when PPC hit BTC-E(0.008 BTC), worth about $95,000 now(0.002 BTC).

After thoroughly kicking my own butt, I just have to accept the fact one could not have realistically predicted all the conditions coming together like they did Friday.

Ahh well, there still is plenty of opportunity with the alt-coins. Just gotta keep looking forward.  Smiley
mycketbra

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:09:35 PM

Lesson #1:

Lesson #2:

Hoarding never fails

lmao.

I'm gonna mine a bit of every new coin now as 'insurance'.

A very wise decision Wink
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:15:49 PM

Okay, 15K TRC is not worth $50K, no matter how you cut it. Also, there is not $50K worth of depth in the market. Meaning your first TRC maybe you sell for a fortune, your second you sell your a bargin, your third is a deal, your fourth is a profit, and your 5th all the way down to your 50 thousandth you sell for next to nothing.

So don't beat yourself up. It's speculation but it's also an illusion. BTC  could crash  tomorrow as well and we're all left holding 0's and 1's.

Greed will burn you. Be realistic and be happy you get something out of it. If you really want to be rich- you should build a business with crypto. That will make the coins you already have worth more, and will make a real income that's not just speculation. Rich people get rich on speculation because they can afford to lose money, thus they can afford to risk a heck of a lot more.

Don't beat yourself up, welcome to the club. Exciting times are ahead of us!

more or less retired.
mycketbra

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:23:37 PM

Okay, 15K TRC is not worth $50K, no matter how you cut it. Also, there is not $50K worth of depth in the market. Meaning your first TRC maybe you sell for a fortune, your second you sell your a bargin, your third is a deal, your fourth is a profit, and your 5th all the way down to your 50 thousandth you sell for next to nothing.

So don't beat yourself up. It's speculation but it's also an illusion. BTC  could crash  tomorrow as well and we're all left holding 0's and 1's.

Greed will burn you. Be realistic and be happy you get something out of it. If you really want to be rich- you should build a business with crypto. That will make the coins you already have worth more, and will make a real income that's not just speculation. Rich people get rich on speculation because they can afford to lose money, thus they can afford to risk a heck of a lot more.

Crypto will never, ever crash.
webr3

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 02:38:09 PM

Your preaching to the choir. About a month to a month and a half ago I had close to 350K PPC. Thought the price had stabilized as far as it would go for awhile, and cashed out the majority, made a couple thousand.

Then yesterday hit......

That same chunk would have been worth over $250,000 when PPC hit BTC-E(0.008 BTC), worth about $95,000 now(0.002 BTC).

After thoroughly kicking my own butt, I just have to accept the fact one could not have realistically predicted all the conditions coming together like they did Friday.

Ahh well, there still is plenty of opportunity with the alt-coins. Just gotta keep looking forward.  Smiley

sorry to say mate, but I say PPC hit 0.06 yesterday, and circaat 0.02 for an hour or so
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2013, 02:58:13 PM

Then yesterday hit......

sorry to say mate, but I say PPC hit 0.06 yesterday, and circaat 0.02 for an hour or so

I thought it was higher then .008, but .008 was what I remembered.

Last night my wife reminded me I did make a nice chunk of change when I did sell, and crazy_rabbit is right about being greedy.

I just thought conveying my story might make others feel better, when they think they missed the boat.
As long you made a good deal at the time, and made some profit weather it be in coins or $$, you cannot beat yourself up over "what could have happened" or "what might be".
One can only make decisions based on the available information. Some are better at predicting long-term trends then others, but then again they also can get it wrong.

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:47:27 PM

Great post, Rabbit.
+1.0 TRC

nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:49:35 PM

Well it might. But it's unlikely it will stay crashed for too long if it does. Smiley (And if it does, moar cheep coinz! Grin )

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
mycketbra

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:58:55 PM

Well it might. But it's unlikely it will stay crashed for too long if it does. Smiley (And if it does, moar cheep coinz! Grin )

Smiley barring a hacking or global internet meltdown, it will never crash!
Praxis
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:07:18 PM

What did you learn?
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 09:43:10 PM

What did you learn?
erm.... sell sell sell ??

Have to say its lovely to see i'm not the only one questioning if I was right to sell most of my PPC.... fortunately holding most of my TRC still atm....but yeah greed is a killer, i made profit when i did sell PPC, could have made more now, and I have gifted about 10,000PPC to various people and couple of thousand TRC to... y because I feel the karma is good and this not all about my own greed and money... the thing I am most happy with is that I have been a part of this interesting time and not just joining it now... not to say that those joining now don't stand a chance... quite the contrary... i think if PPC hits 1:1 with BTC.... and BTC worth $10,000 how would we all feel then having sold our hundreds of thousands of coins for a few hundred $ or handful of BTC.... tbh... probably the same as the person who paid 10,000 BTC for a pizza back in the day Smiley

be grateful for what u do have and remember there are always others less fortunate than you.... does money really matter as well?? we could all be hit by a car tomorrow and die.  Cryptocurrencies are a nice hobby of mine that i like to talk about, but today i spent the day playing with my 5 year old nephew over from new zealand.... no crypto currency can match the value of the time we spent playing together today, so yeah keep it all in perspective Smiley .... i feel i should add though that most likely my TRC will pay for my flight to New Zealand this year to see him and my sister and her husband down under, so Crypto currencies are a nice hobby... a hobby that kinda pays for the better things in life Smiley

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
nethead

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:01:05 PM

OP: "OH NO! WHY"
CrazyRabbit: "I have told ya"

Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: