Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:58:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Counterwallet transaction not confirming  (Read 411 times)
ioglnx (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 02:00:50 PM

The fee is 5.2 satoshi / byte, meaning extremely low.
Somebody with 35 sat / byte is already waiting for more than 16h, you could have searched a little.
The mempool size is big for quite some time now: btc.com/stats/unconfirmed-tx

And small red flag: last time I've seen such tiny fee, the sender did that because he wanted to (and did) double spend, so please be careful.

It happened to me too, I just made the transaction as usual over the ui of counterwallet and let th prio/transaction fee as it is as usual. Now my transactions also stucks.
The question is how can i free my transaction, cancel or get back my money. This is realy shitty implemenation if you can't even cancel it when it stucks like this.

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ioglnx (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 02:08:15 PM

It happened to me too, I just made the transaction as usual over the ui of counterwallet and let th prio/transaction fee as it is as usual. Now my transactions also stucks.
The question is how can i free my transaction, cancel or get back my money. This is realy shitty implemenation if you can't even cancel it when it stucks like this.

But you can unstuck your transactions. And since your text tells "IT System Engineer with a bit of genius :-D" I am rather shocked you don't know that yet.
At least for Bitcoin core the recipe is clear: restart bitcoin qt with parameter -zapwallettxes and make a new transaction from same inputs with higher fee. It will create a dublespend.
A little google around and you'll see this recipe presented quite often.

I'm new to using bitcoin transaction and blockchain stuff..so everyone starts with something and is noob. So I'm shocked of your ignorance and impatience with newbies to a topic.
guess who is the real ..

So then tell me how to free the transaction great master of all knowledge ..mh nothing but just flaming?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 02:57:07 PM

ioglnx,

I suggest you just ignore NeroticFish.  He doesn't know what he's talking about and is posting nonsense.  The sig ad campaign he is participating in provides a financial inventive to flame you into a conversation so he can get multiple posts in the thread while trying to look like he's contributing.  If the moderators notice this thread, they'll probably delete his posts, so responding to him is futile.

That being said...

You have a few limited options.

• You can just wait and hope that the transaction will confirm eventually.
  • You can repeatedly re-broadcast the transaction every half-day or so to make sure that the network doesn't forget the transaction.  This will give you more opportunity for the transaction to confirm in the next few days or weeks
  • You can contact someone that has the ability to choose which transactions one of the larger mining pools confirms. You can offer them an additional payment to provide that service to you.

If you choose to re-broadcast or contact someone, let me know and I'll help you with that.

You should also probably stop using counterwallet since they aren't calculating a sufficient transaction fee.  Contact their support and let them know that they have this fee problem and that you refuse to use their wallet until they fix it.  Then let anyone else that you talk to about bitcoins know that they shouldn't use counterwallet because counterwallet doesn't compute fees properly and transactions take VERY long to confirm.
ioglnx (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2016, 03:49:48 PM

ioglnx,

I suggest you just ignore NeroticFish.  He doesn't know what he's talking about and is posting nonsense.  The sig ad campaign he is participating in provides a financial inventive to flame you into a conversation so he can get multiple posts in the thread while trying to look like he's contributing.  If the moderators notice this thread, they'll probably delete his posts, so responding to him is futile.

That being said...

• You can repeatedly re-broadcast the transaction every half-day or so to make sure that the network doesn't forget the transaction.  This will give you more opportunity for the transaction to confirm in the next few days or weeks
  • You can contact someone that has the ability to choose which transactions one of the larger mining pools confirms. You can offer them an additional payment to provide that service to you.

If you choose to re-broadcast or contact someone, let me know and I'll help you with that.

You should also probably stop using counterwallet since they aren't calculating a sufficient transaction fee.  Contact their support and let them know that they have this fee problem and that you refuse to use their wallet until they fix it.  Then let anyone else that you talk to about bitcoins know that they shouldn't use counterwallet because counterwallet doesn't compute fees properly and transactions take VERY long to confirm.

Thank your very much that is something I expected when asking :-D Very nice. I think I need to contact you since I stuck in the middle of nowhere and it would take me long time to get bitcoin windows client to sync the 69GB of blockchain.

thebatletbet

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 10:56:29 PM

ioglnx,

That being said...

Thank your very much that is something I expected when asking :-D Very nice. I think I need to contact you since I stuck in the middle of nowhere and it would take me long time to get bitcoin windows client to sync the 69GB of blockchain.

if you want is very fast synchronise you can use electrum wallet
ellectrum wallet can use without syncronise, and portobale ellectrum wallet ready too
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: