Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {{WARNING}} BiPolarBob account has been resold  (Read 1086 times)
Danydee
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1248

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 04:55:05 AM

It has come to my attention that the BiPolarBob account has been sold to a new owner on Nov 21/22 approximately

I am NOT saying this is proof of a scam.

I am SAYING be careful because we dont know the intent of this new person.

I am a forum member with high reputation but there are too many greedy people (who got Bob's money) that would -Trust me for this.
This case, I think that the first thing to do is to alert forum admins, maybe they can block email registered from changing or trying contacting him. (I don't know) Anyway this is a point to discuss!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 05:33:25 AM

It has come to my attention that the BiPolarBob account has been sold to a new owner on Nov 21/22 approximately

I am a forum member with high reputation but there are too many greedy people (who got Bob's money) that would -Trust me for this.

I doubt that a change of password is proof that BPB was sold.  Given you start a thread to give away BTC 10.0 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1691080.0 and then sign off the same minute, I'm wondering if instead of being sold their account was perhaps hacked?

This is false. I became friends with BiPolarbob about a year ago and we spoke yesterday via PM regarding personal matters, I can 100% confirm it is the same user and his account was not resold.

@devthedev: You may have to contact BPB via an external means if it turns out their BCT account and funds have been hacked.

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 05:46:52 AM

This is bullshit! My name is Carl Pattersfield and I found the BiPolarBob user account in a dumpster. Not knowing what I had found, I wandered over to a couple gals making out, whereupon the half-naked Mya Xu took a look and realized that I had found BPB's BitcoinTalk user account. I then went to Reddit to see how much it was worth when a nice dude gave me the link to this thread.

Mya Xu is a college student who rescues BitcoinTalk user accounts found in dumpsters when not muff diving. Any donation of bitcoin to her would be appreciated for her kindness.

Mya Xu Bitcoin Address: 1NMR5Xniayw6e3GVbj129TKgohd84CBj7zX

Well, you're quote of the BitCoin Wallet is faulty - it's really https://blockchain.info/address/1NRMXniayw6e3GVbj129TKgohd84CBj7zX - not sure why you would add a "five" in the middle of the address - that wallet address has a balance of 0.005 BTC in it (and the "five" is in the fifth place) - are you testing us?

bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 05:58:47 AM

I highly doubt BPB would sell his account, i have seen him active in the last couple of days and it all seemed like the good old BPB to me, he even gave me 0.02 in a 0.01 givaway so that's a good sign it's still the same Bob.

Just to stir up the tin foil hat community and get the conspiracy theories flowing, maybe QS purchased the account  Shocked

Scam Investigator

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:13:45 PM

This is false. I became friends with BiPolarbob about a year ago and we spoke yesterday via PM regarding personal matters, I can 100% confirm it is the same user and his account was not resold.

The new account owner would simply look at old private messages. And then say to you "Hello Devthedev  it's been a while since we talked about [whatever]"

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:19:18 PM

@devthedev: You may have to contact BPB via an external means if it turns out their BCT account and funds have been hacked.

He hasn't been hacked.

The new account owner would simply look at old private messages. And then say to you "Hello Devthedev  it's been a while since we talked about [whatever]"

Nope. I've been around here for years, and I have pretty great discernment. This was a conversation we had off-forum, I have zero doubt in my mind that the account is in the hands of the same person.

Scam Investigator

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:24:07 PM

He hasn't been hacked.

The new account owner would simply look at old private messages. And then say to you "Hello Devthedev  it's been a while since we talked about [whatever]"

Nope. I've been around here for years, and I have pretty great discernment. This was a conversation we had off-forum, I have zero doubt in my mind that the account is in the hands of the same person.

There is no evidence on this forum that BPB has ever used any type of off-forum chat. IIRC, he refuses to do so
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:30:26 PM

There is no evidence on this forum that BPB has ever used any type of off-forum chat. IIRC, he refuses to do so

That is incorrect, he has done so with me personally.
I appreciate you looking out for scammers on the forum, but in this case, it is the same person.

Scam Investigator

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:31:21 PM

I appreciate you looking out for scammers on the forum, but in this case, it is the same person.

Has the offsite BPB confirmed he is the forum BPB? You could of been fooled
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:35:04 PM

No, I have not been. I am putting my reputation behind this conclusion, it is correct.

Scam Investigator

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:36:48 PM

No, I have not been. I am putting my reputation behind this conclusion, it is correct.

I also appreciate your efforts here but I think what you said doesn't make much difference.

First I imagine a bias because one of the BPB (maybe the original, maybe the offsite) has given you money at some point? So there is a natural response to defend him.

Also I don't think the forum should trust a possible resold (or hacked) account just because you trust the "offsite BPB"  Undecided
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:43:32 PM

I also appreciate your efforts here but I think what you said doesn't make much difference.

First I imagine a bias because one of the BPB (maybe the original, maybe the offsite) has given you money at some point? So there is a natural response to defend him.

Also I don't think the forum should trust a possible resold (or hacked) account just because you trust the "offsite BPB"  Undecided
Haha, you are being delusional. BiPolarBob wouldn't have repaid me if he was a scammer or if his account was bought. I think you are just trolling and trying to make BPB and devthedev look shady, which is a prety bad thing in my opinion.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Scam Investigator

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:46:25 PM

Haha, you are being delusional. BiPolarBob wouldn't have repaid me if he was a scammer or if his account was bought. I think you are just trolling and trying to make BPB and devthedev look shady, which is a prety bad thing in my opinion.

I'm pointing out that nothing said proves that the account is in control of the original owner

The fact you guys got money from him and "trust" him lots is nice but it's not proof.
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:50:48 PM

I'm pointing out that nothing said proves that the account is in control of the original owner

The fact you guys got money from him and "trust" him lots is nice but it's not proof.
Devthedev and blazed confirmed that the current BiPolarBob is legit and the old one. So why do you still think it is a sold or hacked account? If you looked at his posting history, it remained the same as the time before he returned. Also if u look at his posts, you see that he never had one address but always used multiple different wallets. I think that those details say enough to confirm he is legit. Alos he kept his trolling humor.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 05:59:07 PM

This is bullshit! My name is Carl Pattersfield and I found the BiPolarBob user account in a dumpster. Not knowing what I had found, I wandered over to a couple gals making out, whereupon the half-naked Mya Xu took a look and realized that I had found BPB's BitcoinTalk user account. I then went to Reddit to see how much it was worth when a nice dude gave me the link to this thread.

Mya Xu is a college student who rescues BitcoinTalk user accounts found in dumpsters when not muff diving. Any donation of bitcoin to her would be appreciated for her kindness.

Well, you're quote of the BitCoin Wallet is faulty - it's really https://blockchain.info/address/1NRMXniayw6e3GVbj129TKgohd84CBj7zX - not sure why you would add a "five" in the middle of the address - that wallet address has a balance of 0.005 BTC in it (and the "five" is in the fifth place) - are you testing us?

I purposely cloaked the address.

Mya Xu is a college student who purposely obfuscates bitcoin wallet address when not muff diving. Any donation of bitcoin to her would be appreciated for her kindness.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: