Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:43:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: blockchain.info transactions unconfirmed  (Read 3071 times)
john_doe (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 08:57:12 PM

There are several transactions initiated by blockchain.info that are unconfirmed, and have been so for the last 12-24 hr. Most of them have 0 fees, but some of them do have fees (e.g. this one http://goo.gl/0SuPb ). I would expect those with fees to be processed fairly quickly. Is it possible that miners don't like blockchain.info transactions for some reason?

(I asked this in the "newbies" section, but now that I'm no longer a newbie I'm reposting it here).

If you believe my post is helpful and you feel like donating a small amount, please use this address: 165i2m6WNT3v4KPWbFesKhceaXf2shcUDR
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:04:26 PM

don't worry the transaction will get thru.. but thats strange indeed.
john_doe (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 09:07:42 PM

It is strange indeed. It's been over 12 hours now, so I'm starting to worry...

If you believe my post is helpful and you feel like donating a small amount, please use this address: 165i2m6WNT3v4KPWbFesKhceaXf2shcUDR
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2013, 09:29:18 PM

It is strange indeed. It's been over 12 hours now, so I'm starting to worry...

I have seen others posting the same thing that had fees included and nothing being confirmed. Have you checked blockexplorer also?

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
battmann

Activity: 182

I am a student of programming and design.

View Profile
April 03, 2013, 11:10:38 PM

I have one that i sent from the MyWallet on blockchain.info yesterday afternoon that is still unconfirmed

https://blockchain.info/tx/fc928ef5c8739179ef425e55d385145fa65f59b89b1b785766b9ebe2b8d476a6

Something weird is going on...miner strike! THEY DEMAND HIGHER FEES! ...cause i put the fee at 0 lol idc about this transaction too much just paying an ad...but this is definatly unusual because when I've funded this ad before in the past wth no fee it went though slowly...but it went through
john_doe (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:47:06 AM

My transaction was included by BTC Guild some minutes ago. It has around 10 confirmations now. But it's still weird that it took so long!

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 05:38:47 AM

The problem with blockchain.info wallet is that although it says it follows the fee policy of the Bitcoin reference client (the default setting in account options), it doesn't. Even though this is set, the send box likely defaults to 0 BTC as a "miners fee" (sic) (a transaction fee).

Default Fee Policy (settings)

Blockchain.info transactions are free of charge. However the bitcoin network may require an additional Miners Fee which affects the speed your transactions are verified and helps support the network. Change the settings below to alter the default Miners Fee Policy.

◎ Frugal - A Miners fee will not be included unless absolutely essential. Transactions will be significantly slower to confirm.
◎ Normal - Follow the fee policy suggested by the mainline bitcoin client. Recommended.
◎ Generous - Fees will be set to ensure transactions are high priority (0.001 BTC Base Fee).

You may notice that when you send a transaction, you are given an option "miner fee", however you are given no idea of the appropriate amount. The base amount is 0.0005 BTC per KB, but no calculation is made showing you the correct amount to pay or what the transaction size in KB will actually be.

Most transactions will be less than 1KB, but if you've received a bunch of payments (such as from a gambling site) and send them at once, the transaction may be much bigger, and paying just a 0.0005 fee could result in "ignore this spam" priority.

Setting the fee to zero will get you hours and hours of your transaction being ignored by miners in any case.

You may note that none of these "my transaction isn't confirming" threads are from users of the Bitcoin reference software.
opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2013, 07:05:48 AM

There was something weird going on yesterday. Even transactions that had fees included weren't being picked up. My transaction was eventually resolved by great customer service.

tutkarz

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 08:15:31 AM

I also had a transaction between blockchain wallets and even if i had default mining fee it wasnt included by blockchain.info and they was sent with 0 fee. Maybe thats the problem?
transaction was 0.077 but after 24hours it got 20 confirmations so not a problem but i suspect there might be a bug with fees in blockchain.info when you send between their wallets.

john_doe (OP)

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 12:54:03 AM

The problem with blockchain.info wallet is that although it says it follows the fee policy of the Bitcoin reference client (the default setting in account options), it doesn't. Even though this is set, the send box likely defaults to 0 BTC as a "miners fee" (sic) (a transaction fee).
Please take a look at the transaction (http://goo.gl/0SuPb). You can see that the amount of fees paid is the recommended amount for this size (1847 bytes => 0.001 BTC). But it took almost 24 hours to get included in a block.

opentoe
Legendary

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2013, 04:03:48 AM

I also had a transaction between blockchain wallets and even if i had default mining fee it wasnt included by blockchain.info and they was sent with 0 fee. Maybe thats the problem?
transaction was 0.077 but after 24hours it got 20 confirmations so not a problem but i suspect there might be a bug with fees in blockchain.info when you send between their wallets.

There indeed was a blockchain.info wallet issue 2 days ago. Users sending out bitcoin the fee wasn't included even though it was set to include it.

john_doe (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:54:53 PM

There indeed was a blockchain.info wallet issue 2 days ago. Users sending out bitcoin the fee wasn't included even though it was set to include it.
It's not my case. You can see in the block chain that the transaction did include a fee of 0.001 BTC.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: