Print  
Author Topic: 1099's  (Read 2825 times)
dscotese

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

I prefer evolution to revolution.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 02:13:17 AM

... But the reality, and I have to deal with reality because I, my family, and my clients have to live in reality...the reality of the situation is that tax protesters always loose....
Thought you might like these images, all from this page, and there are several others like it:

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
Satoshi Nakamoto: "He ought to find it more profitable to play by the rules."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hanwong

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:15:41 AM

Without knowing the specifics of your personal situation I have no comment on your IRS notices. I wasn't and will not in the future comment on a public forum regarding private personal information. In general however, tax protests do fail. If it worked for you, more power to you. As I've stated, my goal as an accountant is to help my clients have the lowest tax bill allowed under the law. If you have found a legal way of reducing your tax bill, then you deserve praise. But I suspect the reason for any tax benefit you received had to do with reasons other than a tax protest argument.
dscotese

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 03:20:05 AM

Without knowing the specifics of your personal situation I have no comment on your IRS notices. I wasn't and will not in the future comment on a public forum regarding private personal information. In general however, tax protests do fail. If it worked for you, more power to you. As I've stated, my goal as an accountant is to help my clients have the lowest tax bill allowed under the law. If you have found a legal way of reducing your tax bill, then you deserve praise. But I suspect the reason for any tax benefit you received had to do with reasons other than a tax protest argument.
Ok.

Are you aware of the possibility that people misinterpret the law in a way that increases the amount tax they believe they owe?

I like to provide some work at no charge to prove my valueAvoid supporting terrorism!
cointoss

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:28:02 AM

You are talking about an ignorance tax.  Educate yourself at that link and you'll see that all you need to do is file the paperwork to show that you don't owe the taxes.

Get out of here with this garbage. Peter Hendrickson, the man who wrote that tax book and website, has been convicted and served time in prison twice for his tax schemes.

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/peter-hendrickson

QQCoin: QQSRP5u9yL7KtDAsGX7XmQ6QxHiA7BCGAv    doge: D8yy1FW5FdkoFCQP1nQeWGKX3ugcbegpJD

BTC: 15ExWcdDN38o852bC2jBEuC5igqp8gdtAK             EAC: eV9qafrM8uGaNzbvLXRCVVXkmmysUv7fud
Aseras

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 12:35:30 AM

The only way to avoid playing taxes is the play the game and beat the taxing agencies with their own rules. If you don't play you loose. If you don't understand the rules, you loose. If you misread the rules you loose. You take everything you can get and use every loophole you can find and have enough "proof" to back it all up and enough lawyers and legal advice to defend it.
dscotese

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2013, 05:35:56 AM

The only way to avoid playing taxes is the play the game and beat the taxing agencies with their own rules. If you don't play you loose. If you don't understand the rules, you loose. If you misread the rules you loose. You take everything you can get and use every loophole you can find and have enough "proof" to back it all up and enough lawyers and legal advice to defend it.
Well put.  I suggest studying Hendrickson's convictions and the arguments on both sides.  It's very enlightening and gratifying to do the work Aseras suggests and to come to a solid conclusion.  Starting with the "Every Which Way but Loose" (EWWBL) examples on the losthorizons site is how I began my research, even after I read the book and still wasn't sure how to play the game by their rules.  The EWWBL examples show the nuts and bolts.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: