Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:47:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DIVERSIFY Y'ALLS BONDS! -- Investment Grade Gold Coins, US Buffalos 9999 Fine...  (Read 588 times)
3domfighter (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 08:42:20 PM

Bitcoin is amazing and we all know that it is a huge part of the future of commerce, particularly on the web, but if you're sitting on some BTC gains you might want to hedge your investment with some physical gold.  You need (or want) to get into another hard asset class, I need to shift some of my holdings to BTC, so lets trade.  I have several really unique and cool items.  Some are extremely low mintage coins in perfect condition and have already seen very large premiums above gold spot price, like the 2008 W (West Point minted) US Buffalo Fractional set.  This set has a 1/10, 1/4, 1/2, and 1 ounce .9999 fine gold.  It is the first 24k gold coin that was released by the US Mint and since it was released during a huge financial crisis the mintage was very low, around 18,000 coins vs the 100k-200k that are usually minted.  And in perfect condition there are some sets with a finite population of 192 possible perfect sets, since only 192 of the "key coin" exist.

I like collecting coins with a good balance of numismatic and bullion value so that I'm assured I'll always have the value of the gold, but also I like the idea of the huge appreciation you can get from identifying rare modern coins.  Some of these coins have already tripled in value in 2-3 years and are continuing to rise.

These are high value items and I am expecting to use escrow unless you happen to live in southern california and want to meet f2f.  With the fluctuations between different exchanges the past few days I'd like to use the coindesk index price, but I am open to fair discussion.  Feel free to make offers.

Here are some examples of what I have to sell:

2007W 1 Ounce US Buffalo Proof, NGC graded PF 70 Early Releases - APMEX price - $1945, I'd like the BTC equivalent of $1800 

https://i.imgur.com/LE5I2Jm.jpg

Complete 2008W Buffalo Gold Fractional Proof Set, PCGS graded PR 70 - APMEX is either sold out or selling First Strike sets for $15kUSD, I'd like $9900 for this set:

https://i.imgur.com/sUOvgN9.jpg

This is an Australian Lunar Gold Dragon with a total mintage of 30,000 coins.  There are fewer than 75 in the world graded in this condition and if you can find one for sale you're lucky.  The last one I saw sell was on eBay for over $3300, I want $3000 for this one

https://i.imgur.com/i6ROM5r.jpg

I have plenty of other items available, particularly various graded buffalos.  I also have silver bullion of all shapes and sizes.  Just let me know what you're interested and we will talk price.  BTC FTW.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: