Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:17:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greed will catch up with you.  (Read 7203 times)
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:08:51 PM

How is it greedy if someone is holding the same amount of BTC ? Even though BTC to USD has increased almost 18x[for me] it doesn't make any difference I'm still gonna hold.If you don't want to just sell and keep to your own opinions.

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mctrix

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:14:32 PM

With bitcoin - only invest an amount you can afford to lose. It may end up $1000 a coin or $1.

this is spot on.
kingcrimson
Legendary

Activity: 1025
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:35:03 PM

first I thought he was being a dick then I read his posts and feel bad for him. that feeling of being so close must be painful.
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:41:10 PM

I don't get it..a lot of the new comers into Bitcoin are treating Bitcoin as a get rich quick scheme.

I've seen posts here (and other places) going on about how they're going to take out huge, huge loans to buy Bitcoin.

Why? Simply so they can hold, hold, hold, and resell at a higher price....

I also know a couple people personally that are buying to resell...One of them has 2.7 mill invested. He's going to dump as soon as his investment reaches 25%. I know someone else that doesn't even have a job and she put all assets into Bitcoin.

I feel like nowadays every newcomer is acquiring Bitcoins to get rich. They aren't here for anything else. This is a giant greed bubble IMO. Nothing else.

This isn't about currency revolution... It's all about investment/greed speculation now. It isn't about screwing over the banks or government or evolving anything, It's now about buying in and selling at higher prices and selling for a nice paper money increase.

Greedy speculators will be the death of Bitcoin.. If hacks and the government don't kill it first. This whole thing is becoming a joke really due to human greed.
You Idiots taking out a second mortgage on your house and living off ramen (I know several of you personally (4)) I will give you no sympathy when this greed raged currency crashes.

I will keep using Bitcoin if it = 1 cent or 100 bucks, It doesn't matter to me.

You people expecting an infinite price increase so they can sell out and retire, I will be here to laugh at you when it falls through the floor because of speculative greed.

I agree with this. When the parabolic rise breaks, it's going to crash hard and for a long time IMO.

This community was the best and the most fun when coins were 6 cents and you had to buy them with cash in the mail. Fun times Smiley
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:55:52 PM

I don't get it..a lot of the new comers into Bitcoin are treating Bitcoin as a get rich quick scheme.

I've seen posts here (and other places) going on about how they're going to take out huge, huge loans to buy Bitcoin.

I also know a couple people personally that are buying to resell...One of them has 2.7 mill invested. He's going to dump as soon as his investment reaches 25%. I know someone else that doesn't even have a job and she put all assets into Bitcoin.

I feel like nowadays every newcomer is acquiring Bitcoins to get rich. They aren't here for anything else. This is a giant greed bubble IMO. Nothing else.

This isn't about currency revolution... It's all about investment/greed speculation now. It isn't about screwing over the banks or government or evolving anything, It's now about buying in and selling at higher prices and selling for a nice paper money increase.

Greedy speculators will be the death of Bitcoin.. If hacks and the government don't kill it first. This whole thing is becoming a joke really due to human greed.
You Idiots taking out a second mortgage on your house and living off ramen (I know several of you personally (4)) I will give you no sympathy when this greed raged currency crashes.

You people expecting an infinite price increase so they can sell out and retire, I will be here to laugh at you when it falls through the floor because of speculative greed.

Bitcoin can be many things to different people.

Of course some will come just to speculate and try to make money.  There is money to be made obviously after all.

Even if we make the assumption that this behavior is "wrong" for Bitcoin it still benefits it in the sense that higher price means more media coverage which leads to higher adoption.  Even if most of the new adoption is for the "wrong" reason it will also attract some adoption of people with the "correct" intentions.  They will behave how you want them to and help justify the higher value of the coins allowing more speculation.

Also the basic premise that "greed will catch up with you" is false.  The only "justice" around is that which we create.  Often times greed works out great for the participant, hell even crime pays quite often.  It's nice to think that people get what's coming to them due to some kind of cosmic justice but that just isn't the case, sorry.

Basically if we start out with X users of Bitcoin that use it for non-speculative only purposes and there is adoption of Y users, even if only a small percentage Y users adopt it for the reason X users use it X plus small fraction of Y is still bigger than X.

If you don't care if bitcoins are 1 cent or $100 then why care what the speculators are doing in the first place?
axus

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:33:53 AM

Let me know when Pirate@40 starts a new investment opportunity!
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:44:05 AM

Let me know when Pirate@40 starts a new investment opportunity!
Who needs pirate's 7%? A Batch 1 Avalon investment is currently returning an uncompounded 270% a week. Too bad you can't compound it ...
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 01:46:53 AM

I agree with this. When the parabolic rise breaks, it's going to crash hard and for a long time IMO.

This is only an opinion, but even if it turns out to be true, that will just be a [third!] great opportunity to snag some cheap BTC.

How many commodities double bubble?

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 01:50:05 AM

This is only an opinion, but even if it turns out to be true, that will just be a [third!] great opportunity to snag some cheap BTC.

How many commodities double bubble?
All of them.
Jrock (OP)

Activity: 363

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:18:52 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 03:29:37 AM by Jrock

Only a dumbass, like you, would equate bitcoin "dying" to the price falling. Speculation does not equal bitcoin. Bitcoin price equals speculation.

Obviously you are an emotionally driven trader. I hope you go insane trying to catch the dips and end up buying back higher.  Grin Grin Grin

Yep I'm a dumbass because I said bitcoin is going to die. Oh wait, I just read my post again and I never said that. Congratulations on that.

In fact I even said in my post I would still use bitcoin if it was worth 1 penny.

My whole point is too many people are in it for greed/fiat and not in it for Bitcoin and just want quick exponential profits.

If you or anyone else took my OMMMMGGGG CRASSHHH thread seriously, especially when in the same exact thread I said I managed to buy in at the low $50's during that dip , then you would be the dumbass.

Also I'm not actively trading Bitcoin anymore. I do have some cash left in Gox, but I will only use it for dips I manage to be around for. I've cashed out about 50% coins and am holding the rest. Bought myself a new truck, paid off my remaining student loans. I refuse to buy anymore at record high's. The way I figure it if I hold what I have left and if Bitcoin ever becomes a huge success then I'll be millionaire or higher. If it crashes or ceases to exist my life won't be affected.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:33:39 AM

Only a dumbass, like you, would equate bitcoin "dying" to the price falling. Speculation does not equal bitcoin. Bitcoin price equals speculation.

Obviously you are an emotionally driven trader. I hope you go insane trying to catch the dips and end up buying back higher.  Grin Grin Grin

Yep I'm a dumbass because I said bitcoin is going to die. Oh wait, I just read my post again and I never said that. Congratulations on that.

In fact I even said in my post I would still use bitcoin if it was worth 1 penny.

My whole point is too many people are in it for greed/fiat and not in it for Bitcoin and just want quick exponential profits.

If you or anyone else took my OMMMMGGGG CRASSHHH thread seriously, especially when in the same exact thread I said I managed to buy in at the low $50's during that dip , then you would be the dumbass.

Also I'm not actively trading Bitcoin anymore. I do have some cash left in Gox, but I will only use it for dips I manage to be around for. I've cashed out about 50% coins and am holding the rest. Bought myself a new truck, paid off my remaining student loans. I refuse to buy anymore at record high's. The way I figure it if I hold what I have left and if Bitcoin ever becomes a huge success then I'll be millionaire or higher. If it crashes or ceases to exist my life won't be affected.

lol and neither did I ever say you said Bitcoin is going to die dipshit. Grin Grin Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:42:00 AM

Man, I hope my greed catches up with me, because so far price has greatly exceeded my greediest expectations.  Tongue
Jrock (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:45:09 AM

Obviously you are an emotionally driven trader. I hope you go insane trying to catch the dips and end up buying back higher.  Grin Grin Grin

lol and neither did I ever say you said Bitcoin is going to die dipshit. Grin Grin Grin

Haha, I like how hostile you are. I should post more often. You guys are entertaining.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:50:43 AM

Haha, I like how hostile you are. I should post more often. You guys are entertaining.

How is what I HIGHLIGHTED for you "hostile"? I figured you needed a good pair of reading glasses given you were accusing me of something I never accused you of lol.

Please fail harder, that is ENTERTAINMENT to me.

Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Jrock (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 04:06:09 AM

How is what I HIGHLIGHTED for you "hostile"? I figured you needed a good pair of reading glasses given you were accusing me of something I never accused you of lol.

Grin Grin Grin

Nah I know what I said. You're taking a big one line of what I said highlighting it and ignoring the whole point of my post.

If I assumed Bitcoin was going to die, for whatever reason, I would be 100% cashed out. I don't assume that and I'm holding the rest of my coins long term in the hopes that someday I'll actually be able to use them as a payment everywhere I go, maybe buy a mansion and a yacht  Grin

However, if it fails or crashes, oh well. I already made wayyyyy more then I ever assumed I would and didn't mindlessly buy into this hype train that's happening right now.

Maybe I'm wrong and Bitcoin will keep rising in value forever. I still win, cause I will be rich.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:29:57 AM

Grin Grin Grin

Nah I know what I said. You're taking a big one line of what I said highlighting it and ignoring the whole point of my post.

If I assumed Bitcoin was going to die, for whatever reason, I would be 100% cashed out. I don't assume that and I'm holding the rest of my coins long term in the hopes that someday I'll actually be able to use them as a payment everywhere I go, maybe buy a mansion and a yacht  Grin

However, if it fails or crashes, oh well. I already made wayyyyy more then I ever assumed I would and didn't mindlessly buy into this hype train that's happening right now.

Maybe I'm wrong and Bitcoin will keep rising in value forever. I still win, cause I will be rich.

(being entertained by your aura of fail)  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:56:32 AM

Nothing goes in a straight line. The most important thing that matters is that the protocol is not cracked. Besides that, once a BTC remains a BTC. Just hold it a little longer if you're afraid of swings.

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:11:43 AM

Fucking greed making me filthy rich.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:34:32 AM

This community was the best and the most fun when coins were 6 cents and you had to buy them with cash in the mail. Fun times Smiley

Judging by your presence on the forum, you sold most of your initial bitcoin stash in the $0.10 to $1.00 range?

lol

"stay short or die"

ROFL!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

SAQ

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:36:17 PM

So, we back to greed is good? lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: