Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:26:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [LTC] [ANN] Physical Litecoins by CryptoVest (Project on hold)  (Read 12937 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3208

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:07:54 PM

Making all the denominations look the same is a bad terrible idea.

Please make the design of each denomination unique in an obvious way. All the coins look exactly the same except for some tiny writing. Imagine pulling change out of your pocket and every coin looks like a quarter. Nobody wants to read the text on a coin to figure out how much it is worth.

I like the L logo, but it could be in the background with a large number over it. Or if you want every coin to have a big L, make each background unique. Or you could use a different metal for each denomination.
You are not gonna put those coins in pocket and dig through your pocket to buy a bag of chips and a redbull buddy....
Yeah, you totally missed the point. Making all the denominations look the same is half-assed. It's boring. It's unappealing. It's something that a noob with no creative ability would do. It's a mistake.
post that in casascius thread and call him a noob please.
Why? His coins are all different. CoinHoarder should at least do what Casascius is doing.
They are all the same size and only recently started doing different colors/metals (well, recently in the sense that they were all the same for a long time).
Oh? Have you ever seen the Casascius coins? The 1 BTC coin is bronze. The 5 BTC coin is nickel-plated. The 25 BTC coin is bigger with different design. The 10 BTC coin is a 1 oz silver coin.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:15:49 PM

Making all the denominations look the same is a bad terrible idea.

Please make the design of each denomination unique in an obvious way. All the coins look exactly the same except for some tiny writing. Imagine pulling change out of your pocket and every coin looks like a quarter. Nobody wants to read the text on a coin to figure out how much it is worth.

I like the L logo, but it could be in the background with a large number over it. Or if you want every coin to have a big L, make each background unique. Or you could use a different metal for each denomination.
You are not gonna put those coins in pocket and dig through your pocket to buy a bag of chips and a redbull buddy....
Yeah, you totally missed the point. Making all the denominations look the same is half-assed. It's boring. It's unappealing. It's something that a noob with no creative ability would do. It's a mistake.
post that in casascius thread and call him a noob please.
Why? His coins are all different. CoinHoarder should at least do what Casascius is doing.
They are all the same size and only recently started doing different colors/metals (well, recently in the sense that they were all the same for a long time).
Oh? Have you ever seen the Casascius coins? The 1 BTC coin is bronze. The 5 BTC coin is nickel-plated. The 25 BTC coin is bigger with different design. The 10 BTC coin is a 1 oz silver coin.
Well, I just realized, I was pushing a point that isn't even the one I'm trying to make.... Sure unique coins is something to aim at, but I do not believe coinhoader has that luxury right now and would probably come later(as casascius) (as you see he also wants silver and they would obviously need to be different from the Nicole as they are similar color).
tgsrge

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 05:29:08 PM

i've never liked any of the litecoin designs, except these:

they were released into the public domain by aspect, and were available at http://alpha.cryptotron.com/ltc-designs/original.html (dead site now)

i know there's an awful lot of detail on them (you might want to modify it if your mint cant realistically achieve that resolution) but IMO it's by far the best litecoin design - all the others are complete shit (atleast as far as physical coins go).
matauc12

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:39:16 PM

they were released into the public domain by aspect, and were available at http://alpha.cryptotron.com/ltc-designs/original.html (dead site now)

i know there's an awful lot of detail on them (you might want to modify it if your mint cant realistically achieve that resolution) but IMO it's by far the best litecoin design - all the others are complete shit (atleast as far as physical coins go).
Gotta admit those are pretty nice. Wonder if it really costs more to create those.
skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:56:04 PM

ok these are cool and visualize a cryptocurrency pretty good, but don't know if it will scale well to a normal coin size and can be made with that amount of detail.

Maybe one thing that the coin also should have in my opinion, the year it was minted.

They were all different from the beginning  Embarrassed
But he started with only 2, the 1 and 25, I think this is the best way to go, one small and one bigger. And when you earned enough on those, you can start with more. Better 2  or even 1 really good coins than 5 meh coins.

I like the name by the way  Cool

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
wizzardTim
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Reality is stranger than fiction

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 07:04:32 PM

Gotta admit those are pretty nice. Wonder if it really costs more to create those.

I don't like them, remind me of a known moneyclub of some sort..

Behold the Tangle Mysteries! Dare to know It's truth.

- Excerpt from the IOTA Sacred Texts Vol. I
psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 10:03:33 PM

The bottom right design is just awesome with the circuit board, earth, and Litecoin. It has always been my favourite Litecoin design!

I'm down for buying these - when will they be ready!?!?

Grin
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 01:05:21 AM
Last edit: April 09, 2013, 01:20:04 AM by CoinHoarder

Hi everyone,

First of all, I am sorry some of you do not like the design. This is not a final design and it may be tweaked by the time I get everything lined up with the manufacturer and the money to make them. This ended up being much more expensive than I thought... $7000+ just for the first 1000 coins (the security hologram is the expensive part.) Because it is so expensive, I will only carry one or two coins at the start, and no silver coins at all. Hopefully I can expand my selection shortly after launch, but it just depends on many uncontrollable factors.

I am not going to lie and say I am some expert photo shopper/3d guru like some of the people who have made the coins you guys are posting. But, I'm not too into copying anyone, perhaps those guys would like to actually make those coins one day... who am I to steal their design? At least the LTC logo which I have used is fair game.

Although I am not an expert in coin minting, I have an everlasting enthusiasm for the future of Litecoins, the work ethic to make this project happen, and (hopefully soon) the funds to do it. I hope that I can make these in a way that most people will like them (if not I stand to lose a lot of money.)

Thank you all for your feedback, you can be sure that I have read what you all have to say and am considering everything mentioned.

As soon as I have any updates on this project, I will let ya'll know.

Thanks,

Ch
skull88

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:56:58 AM

Hi everyone,

First of all, I am sorry some of you do not like the design. This is not a final design and it may be tweaked by the time I get everything lined up with the manufacturer and the money to make them. This ended up being much more expensive than I thought... $7000+ just for the first 1000 coins (the security hologram is the expensive part.) Because it is so expensive, I will only carry one or two coins at the start, and no silver coins at all. Hopefully I can expand my selection shortly after launch, but it just depends on many uncontrollable factors.

I am not going to lie and say I am some expert photo shopper/3d guru like some of the people who have made the coins you guys are posting. But, I'm not too into copying anyone, perhaps those guys would like to actually make those coins one day... who am I to steal their design? At least the LTC logo which I have used is fair game.

Although I am not an expert in coin minting, I have an everlasting enthusiasm for the future of Litecoins, the work ethic to make this project happen, and (hopefully soon) the funds to do it. I hope that I can make these in a way that most people will like them (if not I stand to lose a lot of money.)

Thank you all for your feedback, you can be sure that I have read what you all have to say and am considering everything mentioned.

Thanks,

Ch
The face value seems to me hard to choose.
If its $7000+ for 1000 coins, you can't take the value too low, because if you make a 1ltc coin and people need to pay 4ltc for it they will be less inclined to buy them than if it's a 25ltc coin they pay 28ltc for. But too high and you get the trust issues.  Undecided

I understand why you don't want to take someone else his design Smiley

skull88

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:38:36 PM

Something I made:

If you want the ai files I can send them to you.
You can use it, change it, mint it or do whatever you want with it.

dabest1

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 11:23:42 PM

Something I made:

http://www.bitcoin.nl/graphics/litecoin.png

Leave litecoin on the top and make it with initial upper case -> Litecoin or maybe even all caps -> LITECOIN.
Move cryptovest somewhere else
Definitely have a year minted, not sure about "***" around the year.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:35:20 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 01:08:37 AM by CoinHoarder

Something I made:

Cool design  Smiley

I had someone contact me in private about making a neat design for the coins for a percentage of the company.

If we cannot come to terms, I will definitely hit you up- it seems like you could make a good design too.

You would provide a design and I will take care of everything else (funding, manufacturing, and sales).

Thanks,

Ch
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:50:17 AM

Cool design  Smiley

I had someone contact me in private about making a neat design for the coins for a percentage of the company.

If we cannot come to terms, I will definitely hit you up- it seems like you could make a good design too.

You would provide a design and I will take care of everything else (funding, manufacturing, and sales).

Thanks,

Ch

Bump- Anyone else that is interested in this offer, please PM me. I am interested in getting the best designer possible for the sake of the success of the project.

I think this would be a nice deal for someone, because after you come up with the designs you just sit back and collect money. I take care of everything else.  Grin

Also... all financial risk is taken on by me and you are out nothing if this project fails, only your time.

Let me know, thanks,

Ch
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:47:08 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Ch

Thanks for starting this project! Is it possible to perhaps ask the person who designed the bottom right design below if you could use their design for a share of the profits? The bottom right design is a work of art, phenomenal and I really do not think it can be beaten.

matauc12

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:24:55 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Ch

Thanks for starting this project! Is it possible to perhaps ask the person who designed the bottom right design below if you could use their design for a share of the profits? The bottom right design is a work of art, phenomenal and I really do not think it can be beaten.

even if he had authorization, it would most likely have to be heavily modified to have less details. I can't say its impossible because I don't know, but its hard to think its possible.

Also coinhoarder, don't let go too much for a design. You have a decent one right now. You can shop around, but even for a killer design, I wouldn't pay much.

Artists are gonna hate me sure, but whatever, I'm a businessman.
psybits
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:09:26 PM

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Ch

even if he had authorization, it would most likely have to be heavily modified to have less details. I can't say its impossible because I don't know, but its hard to think its possible.

Also coinhoarder, don't let go too much for a design. You have a decent one right now. You can shop around, but even for a killer design, I wouldn't pay much.

Artists are gonna hate me sure, but whatever, I'm a businessman.

Good art is good business. Beautiful things sell. And make the world a bit more awesome for everyone Wink
aspect

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:52:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I just noticed this thread.

I just put up the original designs here http://litecoindeveloper.com/ltc-designs/

At the bottom of the page there is a link for original versions (design evolution, so to speak).  The main design (known as 6a) has won the majority vote of developers involved in the Litecoin project. (That was like a year ago!).

Glad to see this come back.

On the page you will find a link to a ZIP file, which contains 6a images and an Adobe Illustrator vector file.  You are free to use this as you like.

A bit about the design:
- Binary numbers represent (unixtime) date of the litecoin genesis block
- Continents - represent global access
- Computer Processor & Circuitry - represents the tools of the miners
- Hammers - represents mining (traditional mining logo)

From my personal perspective, Litecoin is the only other cryptocurrency that has a potential to become a viable alternative/supplemental currency to Bitcoin.  I view Litecoin as a cryptocurrency of miners. Miners are true pioneers of cryptocurrency, they are the people who in the early days invested their time, money and effort to protect Bitcoin. As Bitcoin mining gets monopolized by ASIC manufacturers, Litecoin provides a safe heaven where instead of getting rid of their mining equipment by selling it at a loss, they can re-target it to protect the Litecoin network. And that, on my belief will inevitably create a market for it's use.  Also, the currency is fair for newcomers, many of whom heard about cryptocurrency only in recent months due to the "Bitcoin boom". They still have a chance to participate, whereas with Bitcoin you have to pay huge amounts of money, stand in queues for months to receive something that you are not even certain about in terms of ROI as it is pretty hard to predict the rise in difficulty.

This is my personal opinion, agree or disagree, but this is why the coin designs have circuitry on the left side.  This circuitry represents YOU people.

Cheers!

P.S.  If you are a developer and have done interfacing with litecoin or bitcoin daemons in any language, please contribute to my development tutorials at http://litecoindeveloper.com.  You can reach me on IRC in #litecoin-dev. Even small snippets of code would be appreciated!
mtbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 876

Etherscan.io

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:17:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I just noticed this thread.

I just put up the original designs here http://litecoindeveloper.com/ltc-designs/

At the bottom of the page there is a link for original versions (design evolution, so to speak).  The main design (known as 6a) has won the majority vote of developers involved in the Litecoin project. (That was like a year ago!).

Glad to see this come back.

On the page you will find a link to a ZIP file, which contains 6a images and an Adobe Illustrator vector file.  You are free to use this as you like.

A bit about the design:
- Binary numbers represent (unixtime) date of the litecoin genesis block
- Continents - represent global access
- Computer Processor & Circuitry - represents the tools of the miners
- Hammers - represents mining (traditional mining logo)

From my personal perspective, Litecoin is the only other cryptocurrency that has a potential to become a viable alternative/supplemental currency to Bitcoin.  I view Litecoin as a cryptocurrency of miners. Miners are true pioneers of cryptocurrency, they are the people who in the early days invested their time, money and effort to protect Bitcoin. As Bitcoin mining gets monopolized by ASIC manufacturers, Litecoin provides a safe heaven where instead of getting rid of their mining equipment by selling it at a loss, they can re-target it to protect the Litecoin network. And that, on my belief will inevitably create a market for it's use.  Also, the currency is fair for newcomers, many of whom heard about cryptocurrency only in recent months due to the "Bitcoin boom". They still have a chance to participate, whereas with Bitcoin you have to pay huge amounts of money, stand in queues for months to receive something that you are not even certain about in terms of ROI as it is pretty hard to predict the rise in difficulty.

This is my personal opinion, agree or disagree, but this is why the coin designs have circuitry on the left side.  This circuitry represents YOU people.

Cheers!

P.S.  If you are a developer and have done interfacing with litecoin or bitcoin daemons in any language, please contribute to my development tutorials at http://litecoindeveloper.com.  You can reach me on IRC in #litecoin-dev. Even small snippets of code would be appreciated!

Awesome design and explanation. +1

EtherScan::Ethereum Block Explorer | BlockScan::Coming Soon
antimattercrusader

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:22:35 AM

Put me down for a few of these, I'll buy for sure!

I can't wait! Grin

BTC: 13WYhobWLHRMvBwXGq5ckEuUyuDPgMmHuK
El Cabron
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 02:48:06 AM

i will buy some:) w00t ltc

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: