Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:15:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TheFutureIsBitcoin.com  (Read 560 times)
crazy_rabbit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 11:03:54 AM

I put up this microsite to spread a quote from a friend of mine that really affected me. I thought a great deal about what he said and it really helped me to commit fully to bitcoin. He is a member of the finance world and therefore wants to remain anonymous.

Please if you have a chance, take a look at it, and share it so that others may have a chance to consider it as well. It really went a long way towards convincing me, and others I know, that the future is indeed, bitcoin.

Additionally if people could translate this for me, I would like to make it available in other languages as well.

“…using Bitcoins, or, more generally, alternative monetary models, is the most salient form of protest of the status quo you can make.  The monetary model we use today is the primary source of all strife and inequality in the world.  It is the source of all inflation.  It guarantees a minimum non-zero level of unemployment.  It facilitates war.  It demands constant growth and consumption.  It creates indecent wealth inequality completely out of proportion with that which is implied by resource inequality.  Most perniciously, it systematically concentrates power in fewer and fewer hands.  It is the most important subject any thoughtful and moral person can ruminate on.”

thefutureisbitcoin.com

more or less retired.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: