Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:23:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinBase?  (Read 833 times)
markjcc (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:40:47 AM

Is coinbase safe?

if I sell my BTC to them how will I get my money via bank

ACH,or some other method like wire?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
18RATTT

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:57:35 AM

Is coinbase safe?

one of the trusted btc wallet out there, and the site is clean simple and professional. i created my 1st btc address there.

markjcc (OP)

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 04:15:02 AM

Is coinbase safe?

one of the trusted btc wallet out there, and the site is clean simple and professional. i created my 1st btc address there.
Alright thanks
just need answer to second question now
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:02:29 AM

Via ACH.

Coinbase is the best out there currently. Link your back a/c for ACH and you are all set for buy/sell.
InstaDice

Activity: 7

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:08:14 AM

They're great -- I'm a huge fan. I've noticed that sometimes their sell prices can be drastically lower than the buy price, so keep an eye out for that, as you could probably sell your Bitcoins elsewhere for more money. This was last week during the crash, so I'm not sure if that affected anything (probably did.) I'm not sure if this is the case anymore, but I'd rather warn you and let you be aware of it potentially happening, than have you lose out on money for your Bitcoins.

Good luck!
whereismymoney13

Activity: 24

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:11:32 AM

Is coinbase safe?

What's the difference between an exchange and a wallet? Sounds like CoinBase could be considered both. Also, why are people always looking for easy cash deposit places when you can just create a BTC address with Bitcoin-Qt and fund the address via Bitinstant cash deposit?
shibaji

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:12:56 AM

instaDice - are you acquainted with instaBoost by any chance ?  Grin
InstaDice

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:14:48 AM

instaDice - are you acquainted with instaBoost by any chance ?  Grin

I'm actually really new to the community, so I haven't heard of InstaBoost. I actually discovered Bitcoins earlier this year and I've been really intrigued by the whole idea of it... I decided to start focusing on creating more services to be used with Bitcoin and... here I am Smiley

Is coinbase safe?

What's the difference between an exchange and a wallet? Sounds like CoinBase could be considered both. Also, why are people always looking for easy cash deposit places when you can just create a BTC address with Bitcoin-Qt and fund the address via Bitinstant cash deposit?

An exchange allows sellers and buyers to purchase currency from each other for the current market price (that's my rough understanding of it.) They make money by charging a small fee for each transaction. I think Coinbase can be considered both, seeing as they allow both the buying and selling of Bitcoins, as well as allowing you to store your coins in a nice safe place. I think Coinbase also allows merchants to take payments in Bitcoin as well, I read that they had something to do with OKCupid being able to accept Bitcoin. Fascinating service, I hope the best for them!
whereismymoney13

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:26:38 AM

instaDice - are you acquainted with instaBoost by any chance ?  Grin

I'm actually really new to the community, so I haven't heard of InstaBoost. I actually discovered Bitcoins earlier this year and I've been really intrigued by the whole idea of it... I decided to start focusing on creating more services to be used with Bitcoin and... here I am Smiley

Is coinbase safe?

An exchange allows sellers and buyers to purchase currency from each other for the current market price (that's my rough understanding of it.) They make money by charging a small fee for each transaction. I think Coinbase can be considered both, seeing as they allow both the buying and selling of Bitcoins, as well as allowing you to store your coins in a nice safe place. I think Coinbase also allows merchants to take payments in Bitcoin as well, I read that they had something to do with OKCupid being able to accept Bitcoin. Fascinating service, I hope the best for them!

Sounds like CoinBase is pretty similar to bitfloor. Bitfloor did go down indefinitely today and history does have a tendency to repeat itself, so only risk what you don't mind losing. BOL.  Cool

PS

Oh yeah. And I guess I just figured out the answer to my second question because apparently Bitinstant is being accused of scamming people. Thankfully my ZipZap transaction went through without a hitch but I would be so irritated if they took my money and said the order was lost in the pipeline somewhere. True or not, either fix the problem or terminate service.
robi

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 05:31:02 AM

CoinBase is a real, funded startup in SF.
Supermike

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:35:06 PM

I like Coinbase.  They are one of the few exchanges (maybe the only one)vthat lets you ACH to and from your bank without going through a third party payment processor. Now that they secured $5 million in new funding hopefully the trading halts for liquidity issues will be less frequent.
HowlingMad

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:06:29 PM

Unfortunately I am forced to use Authy with my Coinbase account.  See below email:

Good Morning,
After multiple attempts to actually install your Authy product I was finally able to get it installed.  Now when I attempt to use Coinbase the connection between the Authy code and the Coinbase website NEVER works.  I have been able to uninstall Authy and reinstall it correctly.

Additionally, when I attempt a SMS verification with Coinbase to my cell phone it NEVER arrives!  

So at this point I am unable to use Coinbase.  With these type of problems I cannot trust that I will be able to access my funds.

My cellphone is a Samsung Blaze with GINGERBREAD.UVLF5, Android version 2.3.6, Kernel version 2.6.35.11

Windows 10, R280x * 3
CKJ411

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:48:48 PM

It's a wonderfully simplified experience and worthy of your trust, but keep in mind any cloud based wallet service has a level vulnerability. They get hacked, you lose all your coin with them. As far as selling through them, you're in good hands and it's a b it easier than exchanges in my opinion at the current moment.
byobbbq

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 11:55:25 PM

coinbase looks great to me.  payment buttons are slick too.

i hope to withdraw something through soon.  i haven't met any bad press about them yet

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 11:58:10 PM

Seems safe to me. I never actually bought or sold any BTC to them though.

phiandi

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 12:10:30 AM

I use coinbase for free bitcoin links, and like it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: