Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 01:50:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEVICE] SimpleRigResetter - Auto reboot crashed rigs - Extension Boards !!!  (Read 53046 times)
crazydane

Activity: 558
Merit: 194

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:40:48 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 12:54:27 PM by crazydane

How to connect 4 pins to motherboard (Biostar Racing Z170-GT7)

Currently I have paired the following pin numbers according to the 4 wires from cable to the SRR unit.

White = pin 13
Yellow = pin 14
Brown = pin 15
Green = pin 16

I couldn't power on the rig from SRR from idle/OFF status. Ideas?

Did I miss anything?

NOTE: I have however successfully integrated 28 rigs on ASrock H81-Pro BTC motherboards without any problems.

I'm testing with a couple of these same motherboards that I got from Phil (Biostar Racing Z170-GT7) and appear to have the same issue.  Here's how I have my v2 SRR connected:

So red and blank are power LED wires and green and yellow are power button wires.  Nothing happens when I manually turn rig on or off by right clicking on the circle for the channel the board is connected to.

As per my multimeter test in the previous post, I never see closure between the green and yellow pins.

@citronick were you ever able to get these Racing Z170-GT7's to work?

Its late, I'm going to call it a night and try another rig tomorrow, but the fact that my multimeter never shows closure between green and yellow wires is concerning so I don't know that it would matter what motherboard I use for testing...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazydane

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 10:42:07 AM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 11:11:22 AM by crazydane

I connected the SRR to another rig and other than the green red circle turning green in the SimpleRigResetterTool and manually applying power, the ability to turn the rig on and off via right-clicking each channel and selecting Turn Off or Turn On is non-functional.  This is consistent with what my multimeter (Fluke 17B btw) is showing.

So it would appear my unit is not working properly, at least that is the only conclusion I can reach for the time being.

To summarize:

1. Took about 1 hour before I was able to communicate with the SRR unit from the tool.
2. When a given port is connected to a rig, the green circle comes on in the tool and so does the green LED on the SRR unit by the port in question.
3. Attempting to manually turn off a rig does nothing other than turning on the red LED by the port on the SRR unit, leaving both the green and red LEDs lit.  If I unplug the cable going to the rig, the red LED goes out it.
4. Testing for continuity between the green and yellow leads (power button wires), I'm not detecting a closure when doing either a manual turn on or turn off event.

@tytanick what is the RMA process for these?  I paid $55 shipping to the U.S.  I hope that I'm not going to have to pay that a 2nd time for a replacement if it comes to that.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:05:24 PM

the Network Stack is pretty simple and based on Braodcast. There is no security at all. I hoped that it will evolve over time, but it is still very basic and looks like the creator is ok with that ;(
crazydane

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 02:52:35 PM

I connected the SRR to another rig and other than the green red circle turning green in the SimpleRigResetterTool and manually applying power, the ability to turn the rig on and off via right-clicking each channel and selecting Turn Off or Turn On is non-functional.  This is consistent with what my multimeter (Fluke 17B btw) is showing.

So it would appear my unit is not working properly, at least that is the only conclusion I can reach for the time being.

To summarize:

1. Took about 1 hour before I was able to communicate with the SRR unit from the tool.
2. When a given port is connected to a rig, the green circle comes on in the tool and so does the green LED on the SRR unit by the port in question.
3. Attempting to manually turn off a rig does nothing other than turning on the red LED by the port on the SRR unit, leaving both the green and red LEDs lit.  If I unplug the cable going to the rig, the red LED goes out it.
4. Testing for continuity between the green and yellow leads (power button wires), I'm not detecting a closure when doing either a manual turn on or turn off event.

@tytanick what is the RMA process for these?  I paid $55 shipping to the U.S.  I hope that I'm not going to have to pay that a 2nd time for a replacement if it comes to that.

And now I'm back to no communication again.

I can ping it and I can point a browser to it, but the SRRTool can't interact with it.  It's dead, Jim...
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1096

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 06:31:15 PM

Guys, please read instruction more carrefouly Smiley
if you see "Error getting info from device" then this is 100% problem on windows and his network adapters.
In first few words there is information that you need to disable all internet interfaces except the one you are using to connect SRR.
Windows is little stupid and there must be only one enabled interface to make broadcasts work.
So please go to network adapters and if you are using LAN then please disable all bluetooth,WiFi, VPN, VirtualBox and Team viewer adapters.
Then it will work Smiley

RED and BLACK cables are for LED status.
So if you see in SRRTool in this slot green circle then the LED is readed as it should be.
You can shut down rig on PSU to see if the green circle will became red in SRRTOOL.

Next, you have green and yellow cables which are going to POWER BUTTON + and -
If you will make action in SRRTool to shut down rig,reboot or such, and this action will not work then it could be 2 things:
1. The GREEN and YELLOW cables are connected to motherboard in wrong order, please switch places.
Also you could just connected them in wrong pins in motherbaord.
2. The RJ9->4 pins adapter could be broken, please try second to rule this out.
We are adding one extra becasue there are 1% faulty ones in those cable adapters.

3. If you have H110 motherboard then i saw 2 cases that this motherboard is acting weird.
Can you try on different rig to rule out any failure on motherboard/PSU ?

If you will still have any problem, please feel free to ask directly on admin@simplemining.net
Please ask for me (Tytus) to be assigned to your ticket and i will help Smiley
Most cases are due to wrong connection or i also admit that the instruction is far from perfect.

If you ofcourse have faulty unit then also please do not worry as You have 2 year warranty.
We can make 100% refund including shipping costs to you and from you.
We already had 3 SRRv2 replacements with RMA warranty per 1000 succesfully working.

So if you have problems, feel free to ask on admin@simplemining.net

Also, we are very near in the end of testing SRR new firmware which will be awesome.
I will make sure to write proper instructions so there will not be any problems with understanding.
Sorry that i did not answered here. I am looking here every week or two.
Email is fastest way to solve problems Smiley

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
Bitcointalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541084.0
crazydane

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 08:14:22 PM
Last edit: March 15, 2018, 08:40:08 PM by crazydane

if you see "Error getting info from device" then this is 100% problem on windows and his network adapters.
In first few words there is information that you need to disable all internet interfaces except the one you are using to connect SRR.
Windows is little stupid and there must be only one enabled interface to make broadcasts work.
So please go to network adapters and if you are using LAN then please disable all bluetooth,WiFi, VPN, VirtualBox and Team viewer adapters.
Then it will work Smiley

Ah ok.  In my case I was running the SRRTool on my workstation that I VPN into work from.  (I had already disabled Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 2nd NIC interface)  Since I need to be able to do that everyday, I moved the SRRTool to one of my other windows boxes, and it connected immediately.  So that problem solved!

If you have H110 motherboard then i saw 2 cases that this motherboard is acting weird.
Can you try on different rig to rule out any failure on motherboard/PSU ?

So up until now I have tested on:

Biostar Racing Z170 GT7 (2 different ones)
MSI H110M PRO

None of those worked.  I just completed testing on the following "real rigs":

Asus PRIME Z270-A
MSI Z270-A PRO

And they both worked!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have issues with my riser less rigs using dedicated mining boards (Onda D1800, Colorful and Octominer).

So I guess the issue with the Biostar Z170 and H110 is that they require a lower "power button" closed resistance (i.e. higher current) than the SRR is able to provide?  I mean those boards work fine with a regular power button or paper clip.

Anyway, appreciate the feedback and I'm off to configure the actual watchdog daemon under HIVE OS.
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 15, 2018, 09:25:36 PM

Biostar Racing Z170 GT7 (2 different ones)
MSI H110M PRO
None of those worked.  I just completed testing on the following "real rigs":

Asus PRIME Z270-A
MSI Z270-A PRO

And they both worked!

Hi. This is accually weird because we never had any problem like that and then H110 arrived.
I had two clients which had problems on H110 so i asked one of them to send me this motherboard to me.
And guess what, this motherboard worked without problem ....
Then client told me that it might be not due to motherboard but due to PSU.
So i have question for You.
Could you test the same not working motherboard with PSU that is connected in MSI or Asus ?
This information would be very helpfull.

Also we have in beta stage new firmware (please do not ask me for this as it is closed beta).
But as sending this motehrboard to me will not work, i have an idea if you would be able to test new firmware.
Or more like - if i could enter your Team Viewer session, install new SRRTool and update your Resetter with new firmware to confirma that it will work or it will not.
Anyway this is very strange problem and right now there not many cases like this but we need to check this and fix this.
Please write me an email and ansk for me, and also please introduce yourself as crazydane (the guy with MSI H110M and SRR not be able to turn on/off this motherboard).
I would really like to check this and solve this problem once for all.
Also as i appreciate anybodys time, i am willing to pay you for your time ofcourse.
So please reach me at email Smiley

P.S do you have different model of Power Supply in this motherboard MSI M110 then in the rest motherboards ?
Also, can you CHECK what firmware version do you have in motherboard and then upgrade to the newest and let me know if this helped ?
If not, can you also try older firmware ?
Thanks Smiley

Manage your GPU farm the easy way with Mining OS (30 days free):  SimpleMining.net
Support available at Discord: https://simplemining.net/page/discord and admin@simplemining.net
crazydane

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 12:04:02 AM

Hi Tytus,

I have responded via private email.  I'll be happy to help out where I can.

Thanks
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 03:03:21 PM

Hi Tytus,

I have responded via private email.  I'll be happy to help out where I can.

Thanks

OK we solved this problem Smiley
It appeared that all we needed to do is to switch GREEN and YELLOW cables in motehrboard and those motherboards are working.
I will  make in new instructions some troubleshooting guide what to do if something is not working Smiley

If anybody will have problem like this then you need to make sure 2 things:
1. RED and BLACK cable needs to be in LED + and -. When rig is turned ON then in tool you should see green circle and when it is turned off then red circle which is obvious. If you do not see that then please revert RED AND BLACK cables and be sure it is working.
2. Then you have YELLOW AND GREEN cables which are going to POWER BUTOON + and - pins.
If you will do some action in tool for example Fast Reset and this will not work, then you just need to switch places between YELLOW AND GREEN cable.
If this is still not working then you need to make sure that you connected to POWER BUTTON pins and not RESTART pins or any other.
This is most common problem which was not described in manual and i know that it is the hardest part of connecting SRR.
So i guess i should be punished for writing poor manual.

d3xyna

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:14:39 PM

any update about ext.board ? Already buyed srrv2 and this product is awesome!

but all my question about ext.board is ignoring about month or two Sad

regards

+1
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:00:14 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 02:59:10 PM by tytanick

+1

Still testing firmware and making some small adjustments.
We found some bug and investigating it more closly (it looks only like graphical bug but we need to be sure).
The tool needs little more time to be finished but we already have first batch of Extension Boards devices and we are assembling wood backplate + writing initial bootloader and firmware and we are testing each port and other slots (the same process as with SRRv2).
So when we finish firmware and tool then they will appear in shop.
I really do not want to start sale until i will be 100% sure that everything is ok and done ok.
So please guys be patient Smiley

but all my question about ext.board is ignoring about month or two Sad
This above answers your question right ?
Sorry that i did not answered directly.
The answering question on forum is not my good side Sad
Yet we are answering all questions in emails Smiley
So please be patient little more.
I know that this product is very late and i totally missed the release date.
Still many of aspects of time regaring EB is totally not up to me.
I can only think how much it will take but the head developer of the SRR and EB was very busy becasue EB is only little part of what he is doing daily.
Also the production line shedules are totally off the grid. The production takes 2,5 month and nobody knows why.
Demand of PCB printing is very high this year.
Also i am glad that i did not take any upfront PRE orders becasue it would be stresfull for me and not right for you guys.

tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 07:14:32 PM

Little announcement about current progress and delay in releasing those EB.

Product will not be available in March.
Right now i can tell that i am expecting April/May 2018 to be the time we will release Extension Boards.
Curently we need more time to make firmware 100% solid and i WILL NOT release something that is not tested in 100%.
The firmware and Tool still needs more time to finish.
Curently we have first batch of 500 Extension Boards but the firmware and new Tool still needs more tests and more bug fixing.
Please wait little more time. I am doing what i can but unfortunately my hands are tight.
The head developer of this project has right now too much on his head and whole process takes more that we expected.
Please forgive that i am not keeping my dates at all Sad
If You guys want, i can release some youtube movie that shows current work and new features. Do you want it to see ? Anybody cares about it ?
The truth is that while i was doing some test, i spoted few problems that must be fixed becasue people will complain about them Smiley
And i really like my product to be really solid as it is right now + have more features.
The new tool for windows also has many bugs that we need to fix.
So please be patient.

fgm

Activity: 43

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:29:59 PM

Sure man, release the kraken Smiley
I would like to see the progress and work in a video Smiley
Thanks
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 02:45:24 PM

OK here is it.
https://youtu.be/65xtT6tq2kQ

darkm4n

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:05:36 AM

Out of pure curiosity, is your board Atmel based ?
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 08:50:19 PM

Out of pure curiosity, is your board Atmel based ?
Yes it is Atmel based.

coinbeamer

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

live long and prosper

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 06:56:53 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2018, 09:33:13 AM by coinbeamer

Problem SRR V2:

I got my hardware some days ago and am testing with one rig:

Rig: H110 pro BTC+, with only 8 GPUs R9 280x, 8GB RAM

SRR is found in the network and the rig is also found.
On/OFF works also with green going to red, when off and back
IN SM i configured serial, slot and put it to "on".

BUT: when i enter values in the watchdog field of the config prg, the rig is beeing resetted exactly dependand on the values i entered.
100s --> reset every 100s
250s --> reset every 250s

Now i entered 0 and the rig works, dont know, if the autoreset works.

During the night, this rig restarted 4 times, dont know if it was the SRR or the Rig itself ?!

So what do you think, should i do?

PS: Now, about 3 hours after wrting above, the rig stopped mining, but was still "green" in SM, so not offline.
It was not beeing resetted by SRR, so i used the SRR config for a long reset, this worked again, but as soon as i enter values into the watchdog max delay field ... its beeing resetted every time it reaches the seconds in max. delay
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 07:12:46 PM

Problem SRR V2
Hi, If you see in SRR Tool under windows status gree and reen when rig it powered ON and OFF, and if you can do fast reset from SRR Tool, then you connected your rig in the right way if we mean cables.
Then there is watchdog delay which should be around 200-250. If it is 0 then autoresetting feature is disabled.
If you set 200 in watchdog delay in SRR Tool and it is resetting your rig over and over then the rig has:
a) wrong serial or port number
b) something is wrong in rig with the keepallive script
c) something is wrong with your network, they are in the same vlan and broadcasts are not blocked right ?

a) tripple check configuration, the serial number should be 6 digits (all digits) and port should be one digit.
b) This is smos operating system ? Try reflashing it ? Meaby it have problem downloading configuration ? Is it by any change R OS ?
Please write to me at admin@simplemining.net so i could help you faster Smiley - ask for Tytus (me)

coinbeamer

Activity: 107
Merit: 11

live long and prosper

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 08:28:51 PM

i wrote email to you, forgot to say that i reflashed 3 times on 3 sticks :-)

no difference no success
tytanick (OP)
Legendary

Simplemining.net Admin

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:08:35 AM

i wrote email to you, forgot to say that i reflashed 3 times on 3 sticks :-)

no difference no success
OK i found problem, the socat package was not installed (probably some update failed).
I will release soon new R OS image with all updates already installed becasue the chain of updates is too big 1118->.......->1152 Smiley
Thanks for reporting this.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: